Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    mojohowitz wrote: »
    So, is it creepy that at the end of a guys long runs, he sometimes resorts to innocent glances at lady buns to keep him going? Just brief glances to appreciate the feminine form. No creepy staring.

I'm totally asking for a friend.

200x200px-ZC-215d4ef1_lurker.gif

Bahaha!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm mad at my husband, and I feel bad about it, because it wasn't something he did intentionally. My good leg is down a few inches since I switched meds. My bad calf is still 22", and has only moved a half inch one way or the other. This morning I hit the 50 lbs down mark, and I'm trying to be happy about that, but realistically, if I've lost 50 lbs and my leg hasn't shrunk, that means it's actually gotten worse, and the fat loss is making it even out.

I was explaining all this to my husband, and he basically ignored all the things I'm worried about, and took it to mean time to play let's compare weight loss. I'm happy for him that he's lost more and is on the last notch on his belt, but seriously, was not the time.

I'm sorry, both of those things really suck. If the weight loss has revealed that it has gotten worse can you go to a doctor and get medication adjusted or anything?

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: it drives me absolutely nuts (ie. totally jealous) when ppl whine about NOT being able to eat 1,000 calories in a day. i never say anthing out of fear of being destroyed in the forums, but it's mind boggling to me. are you living on cotton-balls soaked in vinegar? what am i missing?! tell me how to not be hungry all the time!
    This is me very rarely, when I'm super super stressed. Yesterday I only had an iced cappuccino from Tim Hortons and did not feel an ounce of hunger, just nausea. Not recommended :P

A while back people were talking about Tim Hortons and feeling like the only Canadians who didn't like it. I'm American, but I agree that they don't have very good donuts. I CRAVE KRISPY KREME UP HERE! I do, however, like their iced capps. Mmm.

see, i'm the total opposite, i'm a stress eater. a massive stress eater...omnomnom

i actually....hate krispy kreme *hides*
    i think the glaze is gross.
    we have a regional (i'm in northeast PA) donut chain called curry donuts. they are made of yum, and unlike dunkin, you don't end up with that later of grease goop on the roof of your mouth. woot!

Mostly unrelated:

I lived in NEPA for high school (and as home base while away at college)! Occasionally, I miss it.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

@ladybuggnorris how is your sister's SIL & baby doing?

SIL has some swelling on the brain, but it is going down. She has a long road to recovery, but they think she will make it. Unfortunately, she had some blood clots in her brain and they had to give her blood thinners in order to save her life and the baby did not survive. We are all feeling very blessed, though, that the wisdom and quick thinking on the Drs' part saved the SIL's life. If they hadn't acted quickly, they would have likely lost both of them. We will all help her on the road to recovery and some day, when the time is right, they can either decide on a surrogate or adoption. One step at a time. Thank you for your continued well wishes!

Thank you for the update! I'll be keeping her and your family in my thoughts.

• festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    confession: it drives me absolutely nuts (ie. totally jealous) when ppl whine about NOT being able to eat 1,000 calories in a day. i never say anthing out of fear of being destroyed in the forums, but it's mind boggling to me. are you living on cotton-balls soaked in vinegar? what am i missing?! tell me how to not be hungry all the time!
    This is me very rarely, when I'm super super stressed. Yesterday I only had an iced cappuccino from Tim Hortons and did not feel an ounce of hunger, just nausea. Not recommended :P

A while back people were talking about Tim Hortons and feeling like the only Canadians who didn't like it. I'm American, but I agree that they don't have very good donuts. I CRAVE KRISPY KREME UP HERE! I do, however, like their iced capps. Mmm.

see, i'm the total opposite, i'm a stress eater. a massive stress eater...omnomnom

i actually....hate krispy kreme *hides*
    i think the glaze is gross.
    we have a regional (i'm in northeast PA) donut chain called curry donuts. they are made of yum, and unlike dunkin, you don't end up with that later of grease goop on the roof of your mouth. woot!

Mostly unrelated:

I lived in NEPA for high school (and as home base while away at college)! Occasionally, I miss it.

North East the town or directional north-east? It makes me chuckle that there is a difference since North East is actually in north-west PA.
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm shocked by how mean people can be.

I remember loving high school, I've never really had anybody say anything mean and hateful to me in my whole life (with the exception of some d-bag exes).

Then, I hear stories from my husband and my kids about things that were said to them at school, and I'm shocked. And now here, I'm hearing that my experience is the odd one. :/
    I have another friend that lives in Atlanta that has the same experiences. People will come up to her out of the blue and say hateful things. I just don't understand people.

Yes, I earned my nickname Pollyanna.

It's amazing how much of the world is super shallow and mean to people who don't fit beauty ideals.

I'm glad you had such a good experience and nice outlook on the world though! You seem like a very pleasant and nice person also, which I am sure helped you to have good interactions with people.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I love that so many of you are on board with my quiet salon idea. And I agree that I'd love the concept at a dentist's office too. I'm not antisocial or anything, but I don't warm up to strangers quickly.

My confession today is that I am kind of freaking out about my wedding, even though it's teeny-tiny and there's not much at all to be done now. It's just the whole idea of having to do it. I would have been happy to skip straight to the "married" part and skip the wedding, but we decided we couldn't do that to our parents so I'm suffering through a 25 person event and hoping I don't hyperventilate walking down the aisle or say something stupid or trip or start laughing or something. For the past week I've been absolutely fixated on it and it's not for another three and a bit weeks. It sucks. I'm practically hyperventilating now just typing this, haha.

And it's probably exacerbated by the fact that I'm hangry as hell because I ramped up the deficit in hopes I won't look at my photos and just see fat arms and too much cleavage. I really hope I can lose five pounds, which makes a pretty big difference at my size, but it definitely means three more weeks of being hungry a lot. Ugh.

Congratulations on your up coming wedding. Don't worry about the ceremony. The music decided not to play at mine and I walked down the aisle to silence....... It wasn't bad and everything else just went as planned. Enjoy the day.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I love that so many of you are on board with my quiet salon idea. And I agree that I'd love the concept at a dentist's office too. I'm not antisocial or anything, but I don't warm up to strangers quickly.

My confession today is that I am kind of freaking out about my wedding, even though it's teeny-tiny and there's not much at all to be done now. It's just the whole idea of having to do it. I would have been happy to skip straight to the "married" part and skip the wedding, but we decided we couldn't do that to our parents so I'm suffering through a 25 person event and hoping I don't hyperventilate walking down the aisle or say something stupid or trip or start laughing or something. For the past week I've been absolutely fixated on it and it's not for another three and a bit weeks. It sucks. I'm practically hyperventilating now just typing this, haha.

And it's probably exacerbated by the fact that I'm hangry as hell because I ramped up the deficit in hopes I won't look at my photos and just see fat arms and too much cleavage. I really hope I can lose five pounds, which makes a pretty big difference at my size, but it definitely means three more weeks of being hungry a lot. Ugh.

Congratulations on your up coming wedding. Don't worry about the ceremony. The music decided not to play at mine and I walked down the aisle to silence....... It wasn't bad and everything else just went as planned. Enjoy the day.

Thanks for the kind words, although I think "enjoy" is too much to hope for. I hate doing stuff in front of people and having to be the centre of attention all day sounds like my own little personal hell. But I'll get through it, probably with a champagne-Gravol cocktail in hand and some deep breathing exercises.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... Whenever I buy a box of twinkies, little debbies... or those demonic tastykake chocolate bells (which thankfully for the most part I am a good shopper), I eat like 3-4 right off the bat then finish the rest of the box before the day/night is out. And I wonder to myself, who in the hell eats just one of these and says "I'm good till tomorrow" ....?!?!

Hostess cupcakes are my weakness. Haven't had any in forever.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I'm mad at my husband, and I feel bad about it, because it wasn't something he did intentionally. My good leg is down a few inches since I switched meds. My bad calf is still 22", and has only moved a half inch one way or the other. This morning I hit the 50 lbs down mark, and I'm trying to be happy about that, but realistically, if I've lost 50 lbs and my leg hasn't shrunk, that means it's actually gotten worse, and the fat loss is making it even out.

I was explaining all this to my husband, and he basically ignored all the things I'm worried about, and took it to mean time to play let's compare weight loss. I'm happy for him that he's lost more and is on the last notch on his belt, but seriously, was not the time.

Congratulations! The issues with your legs sound very painful, though. Are you dealing with edema? Or something else? Sorry. Hope it gets better whatever it is.

Sort of - it's lymphedema. My lymph system is fubar, and it's lymphatic fluid backed up in my legs. I was rocking compression socks before it was cool :p Mine's the genetic kind, and it can't be cured, so the best that can be done is keeping it controlled and hoping the parts that are working stay working.

I have primary lymphedema too (right leg). And I've sort of grown to like the compression stockings.. except in summer when everyone else can wear cute sandals.

Have you ever tried having Vodder lymph drainage massage done? I'm curious if it has any beneficial effect, before I shell out the money.

I want to, but my insurance is stupid. They only have it listed as a cancer related illness, so everything I want, my doctor has to appeal and argue with them that praecox exists. She was amazed they covered the socks. I have looked and found 2 places that do it, but they're both down in Indiana. Even if she does convince them, that might be an issue for them, going out of state/out of network.

I don't mind the socks so much since I found the Junzo ones. They actually have colors beyond 1980's pantyhose.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

Thanks for the kind words, although I think "enjoy" is too much to hope for. I hate doing stuff in front of people and having to be the centre of attention all day sounds like my own little personal hell.

Same same same same same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

I'm sorry, both of those things really suck. If the weight loss has revealed that it has gotten worse can you go to a doctor and get medication adjusted or anything?

My next appt is in June, so I'll see if she wants to then. Also hoping that maybe it will be another argument to try and get the massage treatment approved (see above post), but not getting my hopes up on that one.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Not a judgement but why didn't you just make the hot chocolate? Not sweet enough?

i've eaten spoonfuls of hot choco for years. there have been times i even mixed it vanilla ice cream or cool whip or even cold milk. when you want something, you'll figure it out.

Yum coco powder mixed with vanilla ice cream reminds me of growing up! So delish!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

How did you end up in school in Canada-if you don't mind me asking? :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Wasatcher wrote: »
    A couple of weeks before I came back to MFP I was supposed to go to a party but bagged it. I'd bought a large German Chocolate cake for the party. My confession is I ate it. It took me about a full day but I got most of it down.

I have no regrets other than now I get the occasional urge to do it again.

Excellent choice! I'd have no regrets either! High five!
  • cnoonannurse
    cnoonannurse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I buy Monster drinks by the case. I have one a day. When I went to buy my case this last time, at the same store I always buy them at, the cashier said something like "those are gonna kill ya." I laughed it off and said, "everybody is gonna die somehow. This is my vice." He seriously started to lecture me on how bad they are. All I could think was, "Well, I know what is gonna kill you. ME!"

I don't think cashiers should make any type of judgmental comment on anything anyone is buying. None of their business.

I love Monster too. I had a similar experience. The cashier told me I was going to have a stroke because one of his friends that drinks them had one. He kept going on about how they aren't good for you. I was like Ok...

I too drink 1 Monster a day. The White Zero Ultra is my kryptonite!

I love it too!!!!!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Congratulations! The issues with your legs sound very painful, though. Are you dealing with edema? Or something else? Sorry. Hope it gets better whatever it is.

Sort of - it's lymphedema. My lymph system is fubar, and it's lymphatic fluid backed up in my legs. I was rocking compression socks before it was cool :p Mine's the genetic kind, and it can't be cured, so the best that can be done is keeping it controlled and hoping the parts that are working stay working.

I have primary lymphedema too (right leg). And I've sort of grown to like the compression stockings.. except in summer when everyone else can wear cute sandals.

Have you ever tried having Vodder lymph drainage massage done? I'm curious if it has any beneficial effect, before I shell out the money.

I want to, but my insurance is stupid. They only have it listed as a cancer related illness, so everything I want, my doctor has to appeal and argue with them that praecox exists. She was amazed they covered the socks. I have looked and found 2 places that do it, but they're both down in Indiana. Even if she does convince them, that might be an issue for them, going out of state/out of network.

I don't mind the socks so much since I found the Junzo ones. They actually have colors beyond 1980's pantyhose.

Oh, that sucks! My insurance has never had a problem with the stockings... 6 pair a year at $95/pair. Mine are Sigvaris. They don't even balk at the custom-made higher compression pairs I occasionally get, or the upcharge to get certain shades that I like.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Confession time!

I avoid letting people I socialize with know that I'm dieting. I'm visibly significantly overweight and I hate having to deal with comments like: Already lean people saying things like "Oh, you're SO LUCKY because when you have THAT MUCH to lose, it just falls off! I've been trying to lose these last 3 pounds for months, etc etc!" (or alternately, "I should diet too, I just feel SO FAT when I get over 110, it's disgusting..."), condescending "Good for you, honey!" type comments, non scientific advice about 'good carbs'/paleo/vegan/faddietoftheday, general discussion of my eating/body/fatness, and how I have "a pretty face" and am "going to be so cute once I lose the pounds!" Somehow just being fat doesn't bring about this conversation, but anyone getting wind that I'm trying to lose weight does.... I don't get it.

I skip social situations or save up calories so I can eat what other people are eating, just to avoid having these conversations.

Every day on these boards I read about all the insensitive and rude remarks people make to others and now it's making me believe that any health and nutrition education needs to be supplemented with some manners courses and common sense training. Too bad that will never happen.

It's so true. People have no filter. I don't understand how so many people missed the lesson that you don't have to say everything that pops into your head out loud, especially if it's unkind.

A guy in my sister's dorm laundry room told her, "If you were skinny, I would ask you out because you have a gorgeous face. You are really beautiful for a fat girl."

As if she is an anomaly because only thin girls are pretty.

I feel so bad that she gets stared at in the gym because gyms are only for people who are already thin, right?

That is stupid, awful, terrible, ridiculous. What a tool.
    For so many moments in life, I wish it were possible to 'go back in time', record a specific exchange, and then have a kind of impromptu Nightmare-Of-A-Talk-Show, in which I visit the parents of an insensitive *kitten*, and... with their now-an-adult (<-- technically) child present, say, "aaaaand... roll tape...!" -- and then proceed to listen to a recording which -- unbeknownst to them -- is a recording of their son or daughter... and with the voice altered somewhat, so that the parents don't recognize it in any way... and then ask the parents, "so... would your son/daughter ever say such a thing...?" -- and then watch as so many smilingly offer any of various forms of, ~'why, of course not...' -- and then replay the recording, with the *real* voice 'on display'... and then watch the smiles fade from their faces... and then shoot a look of *you're-a-jacka$$* 'at' the jerk in question... and then pick up my gear, annoyingly announce something along the lines of, ~"well, my job is done here...", and then 'take my leave'...

(...though the sad thing is, there would be parents who wouldn't see what the problem was/is... or care...)

(...this all reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw years ago... which said -- Mean People Suck... and oh, do they ever...)

I am always cheering for the heavier people at the gym. I want to go up and tell them "good job" but I feel like they will think I'm being sarcastic or something.
    Me, too... I go ahead and 'send positive energy', so to speak... and sometimes 'say' positive things 'in my mind', 'to' them (not that I think they can hear me, mind you... but things that I'm naturally thinking, and wish I could communicate to them, from wherever I happen to be, to wherever they happen to be, in the gym)... and every once in a while, I get up the nerve to say something (positive, truthful, and that occurs to me in conjunction with something I notice about them) that I think a total stranger would be fine with (as long as I don't 'sense' any 'stay the heck away' vibes)...

...such as... this one time, when a woman who spent a solid 20 minutes on the stepmill next to me, was done -- and I saw it as an okay time to quickly convey something I was thinking (I can't help noticing aspects of cardio fitness, and especially when it comes to stepmill and stepper/climber equipment, which I'm quite familiar with, and love kicking-my-butt with/'on')... and I said, ~"excuse me -- I just had to ask -- are you aware of just how awesome your cardio fitness is?" -- and she seemed surprised, and slowly shook her head -- and then I continued... and asked her how long she'd been doing stepmill cardio (which is really a form of strength+cardio, when it comes down to it), and she conveyed that it had been "about a year"... and then I couldn't help stating to her... that regardless of whatever pace anyone might choose... keeping up with that activity -- of 'climbing' -- for 20 straight minutes -- let alone to not be 'out of breath' (!) -- was impressive as all-get-out... and that I'd bet that most people either of us would cross paths with in daily life couldn't do what she had just done -- and no matter their age... she was around my age, and I felt completely justified in saying to her that she could 'school' just about anyone half her age, when it came to doing what she'd just done... and then I felt compelled to 'inform'(/'warn' ;) ) her... that if she didn't want me referring to her as Steptastica-The-Cardio-Goddess, the next time I saw her, then she'd have to let me know of an alternative name she might prefer... ;)

(...and now we greet each other with waving and chitter-chatter, when we see each other at the gym... :) )
  • celestialsonmi
    celestialsonmi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Confession time! If I go to the gym I see this as a perfectly justifiable excuse to eat a cake and/or drink wine at the weekend ... I go to the gym nearly every day. Weight loss is practically zero. I wonder why! :blush:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ...such as... this one time, when a woman who spent a solid 20 minutes on the stepmill next to me, was done -- and I saw it as an okay time to quickly convey something I was thinking (I can't help noticing aspects of cardio fitness, and especially when it comes to stepmill and stepper/climber equipment, which I'm quite familiar with, and love kicking-my-butt with/'on')... and I said, ~"excuse me -- I just had to ask -- are you aware of just how awesome your cardio fitness is?" -- and she seemed surprised, and slowly shook her head -- and then I continued... and asked her how long she'd been doing stepmill cardio (which is really a form of strength+cardio, when it comes down to it), and she conveyed that it had been "about a year"... and then I couldn't help stating to her... that regardless of whatever pace anyone might choose... keeping up with that activity -- of 'climbing' -- for 20 straight minutes -- let alone to not be 'out of breath' (!) -- was impressive as all-get-out... and that I'd bet that most people either of us would cross paths with in daily life couldn't do what she had just done -- and no matter their age... she was around my age, and I felt completely justified in saying to her that she could 'school' just about anyone half her age, when it came to doing what she'd just done... and then I felt compelled to 'inform'(/'warn' ;) ) her... that if she didn't want me referring to her as Steptastica-The-Cardio-Goddess, the next time I saw her, then she'd have to let me know of an alternative name she might prefer... ;)

(...and now we greet each other with waving and chitter-chatter, when we see each other at the gym... :) )

What a totally awesome random act of kindness :)

You probably made that woman's day!