Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Russandol wrote: »
    I enjoyed a lovely May Day brunch with my sister yesterday and ate ALL the food. Calories through the roof. Bacon, sausages, brownies, frittata, meatballs, beef, artisan bread with real butter... I'm up almost two lb today and I REGRET NOTHING. It's just food/waste weight that'll go away, and that food was delicious.

Sounds like a blast & brownies yum!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I was walking to buy some pastries and bubble tea and passed by some guys who were playing hacky sack. They stopped and one of them told me I was ''very beautiful.'' You would not believe the dumbass grin that I had on my face for a good five minutes. The bad thing?? I ALWAYS end up second guessing a comment like that. I might feel really good for five minutes, but after that time limit some thoughts start entering my head ''Was he making fun of me?'' ''I look so bad he took pity on me!'' It sounds crazy even to myself, at least the second one. I just wish I could BELIEVE.

On another note, I got some delicious honeydew melon bubble tea. Yum.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Celebratory dinner, HUGE CHEESEBURGER, CRINKLE CUT FRIES, MARGARITA, DRAFT BEER, BEER BATTERED DEEP FRIED PICKLES, and COTTON CANDY BLIZZARD FROM DAIRY QUEEN. because i'm worth it. I run to the gym, work out then run back. I'll burn these kcals.
    Congratulations, by the way!!! And that sounds absolutely delicious. Can't deny my jealousy. Ever since I saw that Dairy Queen commercial I've been wanting to try the cotton candy blizzard!

basically, the cotton candy freezes into pop rock type spheres inside of the ice cream, and you'll get some cotton candy that lines the inside of the walls of the cup that you can scrape off for a super sweet cotton candy blast. I almost wept with joy eating it.

That sounds pretty good. I bought the Friendly's Limited Edition Cotton Candy with Pop Rocks cup & it wasn't too bad.

A local ice cream shop that opened has a Dunkaroo flavor that I am going to try eventually.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    A year ago, I couldn't have cared less about how nice the weather gets.

Now, I'm sad that I'm not home to ride my bike on such a day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I was so proud of staying under my goal, considering I was up so early and had 520 calories before 6.30am... ended up starving at 7pm and eating 3 Graze snacks. *sigh*

And sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and I think I look good and could just really maintain there instead of trying so hard to lose 3 more pounds... then I see pictures of women who look thinner than me and still want to lose 10 more pounds and I just feel so fat.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I was walking to buy some pastries and bubble tea and passed by some guys who were playing hacky sack. They stopped and one of them told me I was ''very beautiful.'' You would not believe the dumbass grin that I had on my face for a good five minutes. The bad thing?? I ALWAYS end up second guessing a comment like that. I might feel really good for five minutes, but after that time limit some thoughts start entering my head ''Was he making fun of me?'' ''I look so bad he took pity on me!'' It sounds crazy even to myself, at least the second one. I just wish I could BELIEVE.

If your thoughts are crazy then mine are too... I have a nasty habit of discounting compliments. Worse, I do it to the compliments my SO pays me. "He's just saying that to be nice" "He's just being kind, because he feels obligated to say things like that to me" etc.

I can even explain what's going on... when we receive information that doesn't fit our mental self-image, it creates a state of cognitive dissonance and we have to somehow rationalize the incoming information so it doesn't challenge our fundamental beliefs. (That's a very abbreviated version) But, knowing this, I still do it.

I really wish I could shut my head off sometimes.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I was so proud of staying under my goal, considering I was up so early and had 520 calories before 6.30am... ended up starving at 7pm and eating 3 Graze snacks. *sigh*

And sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and I think I look good and could just really maintain there instead of trying so hard to lose 3 more pounds... then I see pictures of women who look thinner than me and still want to lose 10 more pounds and I just feel so fat.

You did great. I read about you being hungry and eating early.

Way to go!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    The Marble Slab by me didn't have any cotton candy ice cream. I was so sad, especially since I didn't really enjoy the new Avengers. :disappointed:
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    For the first time in 25 day I have gone over my limit. 480 calories over. BBQ pulled pork, chocolate cheese cake and apple pie did me in. I loved it, at the time but feel so awful now. Stuffed. Guilty. Angry. It will be a long time before I forgive myself.

I hope I never do this to myself again.

I want to scream.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've eaten six chocolate mug cakes while I've been dogsitting. Six. Before I hurt my back, I had one every Sunday.

Back on track on Monday...
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

This is literally me. I'm trying to lose three more pounds. But sometimes i want to lose about 8 more. And sometimes I think I should just maintain
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    THOUSANDS of calories over my goal April 3, 4, 5 (see Diary). Took almost a week to recover! Never again, not worth it.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

If your thoughts are crazy then mine are too... I have a nasty habit of discounting compliments. Worse, I do it to the compliments my SO pays me. "He's just saying that to be nice" "He's just being kind, because he feels obligated to say things like that to me" etc.

I can even explain what's going on... when we receive information that doesn't fit our mental self-image, it creates a state of cognitive dissonance and we have to somehow rationalize the incoming information so it doesn't challenge our fundamental beliefs. (That's a very abbreviated version) But, knowing this, I still do it.

I really wish I could shut my head off sometimes.
    Me too. Sometimes I feel my brain is my worst enemy :( I've started telling myself ''You're beautiful'' or ''You're cute'' or whatever when I go out, attempting to condition myself to actually believe it. I've been told that if you tell yourself enough times, eventually you'll start thinking it's true :tongue:
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    For the first time in 25 day I have gone over my limit. 480 calories over. BBQ pulled pork, chocolate cheese cake and apple pie did me in. I loved it, at the time but feel so awful now. Stuffed. Guilty. Angry. It will be a long time before I forgive myself.

I hope I never do this to myself again.

I want to scream.

Hey, take it easy! :) Remember that you want to keep this up forever, not just until you lose the weight. And sometimes... Life happens. Seriously. Birthdays, anniversaries, cravings, temptations, and crashing head over heels off the wagon are all part of life. So is delicious food! If you enjoyed it, it's all good--Don't let guilt and shame spoil it for you. That just makes you feel like a failure. Just draw a line under it and move on, getting back on track ASAP is the important part.

As someone who's been here for three years... Trust me, it happens. Be kind to yourself. :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am not happy about the fight results
    I am going to go cry myself to sleep now
  • Russandol
    Russandol Posts: 71 Member
    Options

I know that feeling so well. :/ That damn dissonance that @ythannah mentioned is what keeps me second-guessing and over-analyzing every.damn.compliment. I wish I could just accept the compliments instead of tearing them apart to find the catch. But, as always, it's one thing to acknowledge an issue and another to actually work on it...
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have a good one. I am going through the process of getting bypass surgery (don't judge). I am in the test phase. I keep buying junk food to get my fix and get it over with, before I can no longer eat this way.
    I'm going to eat it all and then not buy any more and look for healthy substitutions.
    I just started tracking my food here 3 days ago, recommended by my dietitian. I write the junk food down in my journal as extras so I don't go way over in calories, fat and sugar.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    What is bubble tea?
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I'll admit, I didn't really care about the fight one way or the other. Been marathoning UFC instead.
  • Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to diet soda. When I can stay off it for a few days, weeks, months, my appetite is so much more stable and suppressed, but then I get the urge for a cold fizzy drink and start back up again. I know it's horrible for me, but it is my vice. When I stop, I really enjoy drinking water or coffee and feel so much better. I know it's an addiction. That sweet flavor probably lights up my dopamine receptors.