Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    THOUSANDS of calories over my goal April 3, 4, 5 (see Diary). Took almost a week to recover! Never again, not worth it.

Looks like you were on vacation from your notes. Did you at least have a great time?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    caddir wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    And luckily, she always offers the uneaten bits to our boyfriend first, and he rarely says no, so I don't embarrass myself with a hoover impression (however much i might want to).

Is this a typo or a reference to some boyfriend-sharing scheme? Like, are you confessing to being a member of a harem? Lol.

not a typo. We are a closed polyamorous triad. Wasn't intended to be a confession lol. Definitely not a harem. The first line of my post references my girlfriend.

Good for you coming out on a site like this. I was part of a triad once, for a little while and it didn't work for me, but I know some people who are really happy. Honesty is the key thing. :smiley:

My cousin is in a very long term polyamorous triad but had apparently tried to keep it quiet from the family (who tend towards the religious). Funniest conversation I ever had was with him. By way of background, my whole extended family is in the USA, I was born and grew up in Australia. In 2009 I went to the States for a year and caught up with the family. Said cousin picked me up from his mum's house where I was staying and we were driving up to his place. In the car on the way:

Him: So, I've spoken with the girls and we decided that we could let you in on something. Xxxx is not really yyyy and my flatmate, we're all in a relationship and have been for a really long time.

Me: .... yeah, I know.

Him: WHAT? How did you know?

Me: My mum told me.

Him: How the heck does your mom know????

Me: Your mum told her!

Him: MY MOM DOESN'T KNOW!!!??

Me: Dude... I'm from halfway around the world and even *I* knew. it's cool. No one cares.

I confess I am fascinated by this. I have many questions. I shall refrain.

About polyamory? Feel free, or privately if you'd prefer

Ok here goes. So do you all live together? And if so do you all have your own room or all share one room/bed or 2 or mix it up? Do you do everything together or is it like today is date night with so and so so the 3rd one stays home. And with the s*x is it all 3 or some mixture of two spontaneously or preplanned? I can't imagine this would work for me. I think you would have to be pretty confident in yourself and your partners to do this...all my insecurities would be front and center.

I have read about those guys with lots of wives in different houses but the women don't have a relationship with each other (I don't think). I never met or knew anyone in this kind of a relationship. I imagine girl/girl/guy combinations must be more common than boy/boy/girl.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    StapfJ wrote: »
    My 10 yo dog started limping a few days ago. I took her to the vet. I spent $550 and he told me she needs ACL surgery. That's another $2,500. He said there is a greater than 70% chance she will have to have the other leg done too..... that's at least $2,500 more.

I'm having a really hard time with it. I love her but that is a TON of money. I feel like a horrible owner, but I keep thinking about how I can find a way to not do it.

She's not in "that" much pain, but she is not that great either - just kind of quiet.

I'm trying to justify it in my head even though I know I'm supposed to just do the surgery. I'm so bummed.

I am so so sorry to hear about your doggie. Whatever decision you make you are not a bad owner. Your dog knows you love it and it loves you endlessly regardless of it's ACL.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    For the first time in 25 day I have gone over my limit. 480 calories over. BBQ pulled pork, chocolate cheese cake and apple pie did me in. I loved it, at the time but feel so awful now. Stuffed. Guilty. Angry. It will be a long time before I forgive myself.

I hope I never do this to myself again.

I want to scream.

You're still under your maintenance calories if you follow MFP and have a 500 or 1000 deficit. You might gain a couple pound from water weight but in a week you won't even notice anything on the scale. Relax.
    What is bubble tea?

It's nasty, nasty stuff. I got some once and wanted to gag. It's iced tea with some kinds of bubbles on the bottom, dunno what they use, but it makes it slimy and just disgusting. Will never understand the appeal, lol.

• DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    THOUSANDS of calories over my goal April 3, 4, 5 (see Diary). Took almost a week to recover! Never again, not worth it.

Looks like you were on vacation from your notes. Did you at least have a great time?

HORRIBLE time, but thanks for asking LOL. It was basically a shopping trip: wife and daughters shopping, and dad sitting in the hotel with nothing to do but eat!

I'm in a similar situation this weekend except this time packed my meals. Not as satisfying as potato chips/chocolate but at least no issues staying under my cal limit.
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For the first time in 25 day I have gone over my limit. 480 calories over. BBQ pulled pork, chocolate cheese cake and apple pie did me in. I loved it, at the time but feel so awful now. Stuffed. Guilty. Angry. It will be a long time before I forgive myself.

I want to scream.

NO GUILT! You are great food, enjoyed yourself and you begin again today. Be kind to yourself. Laura
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    StapfJ wrote: »
    My 10 yo dog started limping a few days ago. I took her to the vet. I spent $550 and he told me she needs ACL surgery. That's another $2,500. He said there is a greater than 70% chance she will have to have the other leg done too..... that's at least $2,500 more.

I'm having a really hard time with it. I love her but that is a TON of money. I feel like a horrible owner, but I keep thinking about how I can find a way to not do it.

She's not in "that" much pain, but she is not that great either - just kind of quiet.

I'm trying to justify it in my head even though I know I'm supposed to just do the surgery. I'm so bummed.

I am so so sorry to hear about your doggie. Whatever decision you make you are not a bad owner. Your dog knows you love it and it loves you endlessly regardless of it's ACL.

I am sorry.. You sound like a wonderful pet parent to me. I did have that surgery performed for my little guy.-he had both done at once. He was three and very healthy. He is now 8 and still going strong.
  • Zombie_Runner_Five
    Zombie_Runner_Five Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WendyFlynn wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I did this also - I ate a sachet of Options hot chocolate - Fudge flavour - I don't think I will do it again lol. Just the thought makes me uggghhhh!

Ok, I saw this and had to reply... when I was younger there were many foods not allowed in the house because I would eat them until there was nothing left. These items included:

1) Fruit pies. My mom would even go so far as to bury them in the freezer but I would find them and eat them. She didn't realize they were so much better frozen!
    2) Powdered sugar. I would just eat it out of the bag.
    3) Chocolate chips. See powdered sugar.
    4) Packets of hot chocolate, particularly ones with little marshmallows. I would grab a few bags and a spoon and run into my room and eat them dry. Always choked on them. Always worth it.

As for a more recent confession... last week I bought a package of Reeses Peanut Butter Oreos... and ate the entire thing. It was after that binge eating episode I decided to really get back onto my diet. Sugar is my biggest downfall! I LOVE SUGAR. I've slowly come to the realization I may have a touch of binge eating disorder so I'm trying to recognize my triggers and what foods I just shouldn't have around... such as Peanut Butter Oreos.

They were delicious though... *sigh*
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'll admit, I didn't really care about the fight one way or the other. Been marathoning UFC instead.

UFC is the ONLY sport I really enjoy watching... on TV. I can get into almost anything live, but that's a whole different experience, and it's a rare event for me.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    It's nasty, nasty stuff. I got some once and wanted to gag. It's iced tea with some kinds of bubbles on the bottom, dunno what they use, but it makes it slimy and just disgusting. Will never understand the appeal, lol.

I think the "bubbles" are tapioca. I like tapioca anyway, so I like bubble tea. But that may have more to do with the fact that it comes in a gazillion flavours.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    No one spell checks their posts on social media anymore and it drives me nuts!

I just saw: "6th grade principle" and "He was in aww."

You make yourself look stupid!!

One that bothered me the most was "thoughs" instead of those.

Yes, I DO judge you! (Not that I don't mess up, but if I do, I fix it.)
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've eaten things I'm allergic to the last four days and because of that I've been sick for four days. Ugh why can't I stop?

I love bubble tea though.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'll admit, I didn't really care about the fight one way or the other. Been marathoning UFC instead.

UFC is the ONLY sport I really enjoy watching... on TV. I can get into almost anything live, but that's a whole different experience, and it's a rare event for me.

I didn't care about the fight, but watched it anyway. What a waste of time! It was so boring. That was no "Fight of the Century!" UFC over boxing any day (my brother got me into it)!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    WendyFlynn wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I did this also - I ate a sachet of Options hot chocolate - Fudge flavour - I don't think I will do it again lol. Just the thought makes me uggghhhh!

Ok, I saw this and had to reply... when I was younger there were many foods not allowed in the house because I would eat them until there was nothing left. These items included:

1) Fruit pies. My mom would even go so far as to bury them in the freezer but I would find them and eat them. She didn't realize they were so much better frozen!
    2) Powdered sugar. I would just eat it out of the bag.
    3) Chocolate chips. See powdered sugar.
    4) Packets of hot chocolate, particularly ones with little marshmallows. I would grab a few bags and a spoon and run into my room and eat them dry. Always choked on them. Always worth it.

As for a more recent confession... last week I bought a package of Reeses Peanut Butter Oreos... and ate the entire thing. It was after that binge eating episode I decided to really get back onto my diet. Sugar is my biggest downfall! I LOVE SUGAR. I've slowly come to the realization I may have a touch of binge eating disorder so I'm trying to recognize my triggers and what foods I just shouldn't have around... such as Peanut Butter Oreos.

They were delicious though... *sigh*

I saw these in the store and admit I was tempted. I don't buy stuff like this as I can't stop when I have it and then get obsessed. Better to just not try it.
  • Oberon21
    edited May 2015
    Options

I think the "bubbles" are tapioca. I like tapioca anyway, so I like bubble tea. But that may have more to do with the fact that it comes in a gazillion flavours.
    [/quote]

Sounds gross. No judging. :)
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    No one spell checks their posts on social media anymore and it drives me nuts!

I just saw: "6th grade principle" and "He was in aww."

You make yourself look stupid!!

One that bothered me the most was "thoughs" instead of those.

Yes, I DO judge you! (Not that I don't mess up, but if I do, I fix it.)
    I am guilty of not spell checking on this site (I don't have any other social media). When I post using my laptop or desk top I will spell check but if I am posting from my phone or tablet many words will autocorrect and I won't catch it until it is too late. You can judge me all you want because it is going to happen and life is going to happen and not spell checking my mfp posts is the least of my worries.
  • PenderDanielle
    PenderDanielle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My confession is that i really really want to lose some weight and i know exactly what i need to do to do it but i can never find the motivation to get up and do it. I Just had a baby 2 mnts ago and im the biggest i have ever been in my whole life and i feel like im disgusting my husband(even though im not he tells me how much he loves my body all the time), SO im making a pledge to really do it this time, not only for myself but for my son so i can live a loooong time to see him grow
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I also like bubble tea. The balls are tapioca. But I don't like the varieties with milk, just fruit.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    My confession is that i really really want to lose some weight and i know exactly what i need to do to do it but i can never find the motivation to get up and do it. I Just had a baby 2 mnts ago and im the biggest i have ever been in my whole life and i feel like im disgusting my husband(even though im not he tells me how much he loves my body all the time), SO im making a pledge to really do it this time, not only for myself but for my son so i can live a loooong time to see him grow

I initially read this as "2 minutes ago" and my first thought was, wow this gal's really motivated! Lol.

Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to MFP... if you take a peek around the boards you'll find tons of posts from very ordinary folks (including new mums) who are successfully losing weight... so YOU CAN DO IT TOO.

Re Autocorrect: For some bizarre reason, every time I started to type "texting" in my phone, one of the suggestions autocorrect would come up with is "rectum". Seriously?? That's a word in common use in texting? (Anyway, the phone has since learned my text habits and no longer suggests that one.)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I want to scream.

You're still under your maintenance calories if you follow MFP and have a 500 or 1000 deficit. You might gain a couple pound from water weight but in a week you won't even notice anything on the scale. Relax.
    What is bubble tea?

I went and Googled it after it was mentioned here. The bubbles are large tapioca pearls, apparently, and sometimes just large lumps of gelatin. *gag*
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Bubble tea sounds gross, lol

You can tell we are not really drinking people here when I buy 6 beers and 8 coolers for the fight last night....so 14 drinks.....there were five of us drinking, and I have 7 drinks leftover and nobody has any idea what to do with the bottles.....