Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    Awww...I'm glad that you all liked my Petunia. She's a peach.

That was when the Mists of Pandaria expansion first came out. I'm thinking it was about 2 1/2 years ago and pigs are full grown at 4 years so she's going to get a bit bigger. :)

She's adorable! Thanks for the pictures!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Confession: My boss is out of the office all week (conference in Mexico City, lucky dog!). I am confessing that very little work will be occurring. :D
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Basically undid all the progress I made all week in 2 days. because you know..

shadow cake and biryani and mango lassi

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    I am all caught up from this weekends posts. My, you all have been chatty. :smile:

Confession: I found out last Sunday (as in on Easter) that my 19 year old step-daughter is pregnant, which means I am going to be a grandma at 35!!! I have been really struggling with this fact and didn't handle the news in the best way. I even drove 2 hours to tell my best friend the news. She, even though she teased my relentlessly, made me feel much better about the whole situation.

We even came up with a cute name for the baby to call me...MoNana. : B)
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    My scale needs new batteries and it's always such a huge pain to change them (it loses the internet connection and then won't give me the personalized weight and BF% without lots of struggle to reconnect) that I'm putting it off (also I can never remember to buy batteries for anything and things needing batteries is like a personal pet peeve--I also mean you, stupid mouse that drains batteries constantly). I have this fancy Withings scale that I hate because it gives me issues this way, but for some reason even though I don't believe the BF% number it drives me crazy not to see it.

Yes! I have this scale and the first month I bought it I didn't have a iPhone so I couldn't connect to it and didn't know my body fat %... I wish it stayed that way. I know it is not accurate, but as ball park figures go I still wish I hadn't found out...
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I am all caught up from this weekends posts. My, you all have been chatty. :smile:

Confession: I found out last Sunday (as in on Easter) that my 19 year old step-daughter is pregnant, which means I am going to be a grandma at 35!!! I have been really struggling with this fact and didn't handle the news in the best way. I even drove 2 hours to tell my best friend the news. She, even though she teased my relentlessly, made me feel much better about the whole situation.

GrandMo or G-Mo sounds good too.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    A friend who lives in another state is coming to visit this weekend. I love her dearly, but I admit that I always feel so self-conscious around her. We're the same height, but she has a very petite build, and I weigh about 50lbs more than her... Even after my 25lb loss. She's never done or said anything to make me feel overweight, but I just feel like the Hulk next to her.
  • Talkradio

Whoa! That's big news. For what it's worth, I think that having young grandparents is really enviable. Three of my grandparents died either before I was born or when I was quite young.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Lbuehrle8!

Thank you @marissafit06!

Happy Birthday late! I'm terribly behind on this thread, so I'll be scrambling to catch up today.

Thank you!! My birthday was a week ago today but really I celebrate all April as it is my month of birth haha! Kidding...kind of o:)
  • MoHousdon

@AgentOrangeJuice my mom refers to herself as Gma, so G-Mo is a little too close to that for my liking. I kind of like GrandMo though. Really, it doesn't matter what I like, that baby's going to call me whatever it wants. I'm just not ready to be Grandma just yet.

• clovelyday
    clovelyday Posts: 14 Member
    I purposefully design all my meals so I can eat large portions for little calories. Despite losing a bajillion pounds, and maintaining the loss, I still need QUANITITY to feel full.

My guests are aghast when they see my big ol' jethro portions. (ie- huge bowls of air popped popcorn, 2 or 3 potatoes with my dinner, mountains of salad... etc)

Also, sometimes, when I am stressed, I still binge eat. Its very comforting to overeat, like wrapping up in a warm blanket.

Each binge session gets farther and farther apart, and I can usually somewhat balance the week to prevent weight gain. Its pretty infrequent now, but still happens sometimes.

Wait a minute, we can eat potatoes? What other cheat secrets am I missing out on?
  • MoHousdon
    Talkradio wrote: »

Whoa! That's big news. For what it's worth, I think that having young grandparents is really enviable. Three of my grandparents died either before I was born or when I was quite young.

I am starting to become more comfortable with the idea of being a young grandparent. I will have the opportunity to do things with my grandkid(s) that my grandma never was. Plus, I'm going to be a super buff, sexy grandma. My husband called me sexy Grandma last nigh. He's such a jerk. ;)

• manukahoneybadger
    manukahoneybadger Posts: 30 Member
    & I eat popcorn with chopsticks :) lasts longer, much longer

That's awesome! My new weight loss plan is to eat all my food with chopsticks because half of it won't make it to my mouth! Lol!

Yeah totally- I thought I should test the weirdness waters with the popcorn confession, but I often eat with chopsticks for self pacing... only around people who know and accept my weirdness though :D (or on my lonesome)

My other weapon of choice is the mighty teaspoon.

I never can fully enjoy food by knife and fork. I'll just be there thinking about how I miss my spoons and sticks
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    edited April 2015
    threnjen wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

I'm in Canada and I've never heard of any of them either. But I don't have kids and my friends' kids are all adults now, so that may partially explain it.

Most of these are adult games,not kid games. My kid can just happen to play one of them.

There is a whole world of board games beyond monopoly and other dreck. Target has been carrying more of them lately too!
    BTW, there ia only one "E" in "judgment."

No. There is more than one 'e' in judgement. But Americans removed it for reasons of their own.
    I find it very annoying when Americans 'correct' English spellings of English words.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member

@AgentOrangeJuice my mom refers to herself as Gma, so G-Mo is a little too close to that for my liking. I kind of like GrandMo though. Really, it doesn't matter what I like, that baby's going to call me whatever it wants. I'm just not ready to be Grandma just yet.

See, I'm the opposite. I like to keep people guessing. People tend to assume I'm a certain age. When I mention that I have kids that are 21 and 20; it's funny to see the look on their faces as they try to do that math in their heads.

Congrats on the upcoming grandbaby! My kids are wiser than I was at their age, so it will probably be a while for me. I love babies, though. :smile:
  • manukahoneybadger
    manukahoneybadger Posts: 30 Member
    Amazing thread :D I'd always been worried that everyone else was normal

I have asparagas for breakfast, to flush out any pesky water weight :)

One of my favourite breakfasts is asparagus and poached egg on a wholemeal muffin spread with light laughing cow cheese.

I love asparagus but have never ate it for breakfast....may I ask you both how you would cook that as a breakfast food??

Steam it.... Pop it next to a bit of fish :)

That's right fishies for breakfast... I stopped eating meat last year and now the fishies must pay the price :D
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio wrote: »

I am starting to become more comfortable with the idea of being a young grandparent. I will have the opportunity to do things with my grandkid(s) that my grandma never was. Plus, I'm going to be a super buff, sexy grandma. My husband called me sexy Grandma last nigh. He's such a jerk. ;)

Yeah! MoNana on rollercoasters with the grandkids! I like it.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited April 2015
    threnjen wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

I'm in Canada and I've never heard of any of them either. But I don't have kids and my friends' kids are all adults now, so that may partially explain it.

Most of these are adult games,not kid games. My kid can just happen to play one of them.

There is a whole world of board games beyond monopoly and other dreck. Target has been carrying more of them lately too!
    BTW, there ia only one "E" in "judgment."

No. There is more than one 'e' in judgement. But Americans removed it for reasons of their own.
    I find it very annoying when Americans 'correct' English spellings of English words.

*Insert 'like' button here* particularly changing 's' to 'z'. And I despise Microsoft Word for telling me its wrong. If I handed in my dissertation with all of Words corrections I would have FAILED.
  • metermaid11
    metermaid11 Posts: 31 Member
    ZenSakura wrote: »
    Confession: I'm more self-conscious about my ginormous forehead than I am about being morbidly obese. Don't get me wrong, I hate the excess weight and am diligently working on losing it, but...my forehead makes me feel like a freak of nature.

That's me too!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    I am working on switching to IIFYM. Instead of working, I plan on spending a good chunk of today figuring out my macros, pre-planning & logging food and planning my shopping list.