Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Congrats FluffySandwich!

@spamarie do you drink sounds and stuff too?

I can't stand creamy sauces, but I eat most things wet. When I was younger I was super picky and refused to eat many many things. I like other picky people, because it makes me feel more normal.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I had a taste of a handful of granola cereal last night. then i returned to the kitchen for another handful. then another handful and then i looked at the box and said FCK IT and just poured myself a bowl of cereal with lactaid milk....then i poured myself 2 more bowls of this granola cereal and it was delicious. the inner beast has been awoken...then i ate a small bag of lays....then an apple...then a small bag of cheetos. Then went to bed feeling satiated!!! Hadn't felt full in a while...woke up today feeling a bit nauseas with minor headache. Didn't eat breakfast because I felt all bloated...then finally at 1pm i eat a 7/11 prepackaged 110 calorie salad with no dressing. It's my favorite packaged salad from 7/11 but then i find a dead lady bug at the bottom of my salad....I am disappointed at the find and open the small bag of croutons the salad comes with and eat my sorrows.

Granola is a tough one for me too. Same with trail mix. All that little salty/sweet mixed up goodness. I .. can't .. stop .. once I get going, so I don't buy it (anymore, usually, it's rare now a days)

One trigger food can totally unleash the beast in me and it sets into motion a train reaction of devastation.
    It sucks!
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Confession: I've been writing a short story on an amateur writing site (called Wattpad) for the last few weeks, and I'm currently feeling an unholy amount of evil glee as my fans sob in heartbreak in the comment section over a major character that I just killed off. I'm so mean. o:)

Oh, my!

Susieq_1994, is there *anything* you *can't* do (?), you wondrous dynamo, you...! -- you have mastered the use of tiny utensils... you can create culinary concoctions from flour and duct tape :p... AND you *write short stories* -- !!!

(Hey, it just occurred to me... you have a special combination of talents that would lend themselves to writing authoritatively about mixed-with-tiny-utensils creative baking (which does *not* necessarily need to 'translate to' creating confectionary whatnot for use in dollhouses... ;) ))

...speaking of which --

http://allthesmallthingsminiatures.tumblr.com/post/27831810208/g00dbyel0ve-dollhouse-orange-pancakes-by

(...'portion control' taken to an extreme... ;) )

:)
  • marissafit06
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I hereby dedicate this burger to @HollandOats, with all it's mayo and bacon awesomeness. I only regret I'm out of avocado.

This is perfect <3 Today is my birthday and I have already planned my bacon cheeseburger with mayo for tonight. :) And I'm having guacamole on my chicken sandwich at lunch.

In fact, I confess, I'm going to spend this whole day watching the clock for when I can eat each thing I have planned, lol... I even love my protein powder/cashew milk... it's soooo good!

I'm already pre-logged over 700 calories for the day, and am in basic denial of the barley pops I'll most likely consume with dinner. Lots of pre-planned fidgeting, too, to help offset the damages, haha!

Have a great day!!!

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!
  • marissafit06
    @pofoster21 missed your post above, but hugs as you deal with the impending loss.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    My sister's kids are old enough to start helping around the house but she doesn't want them picking up anything that isn't there mess. She will tell people off it her kids come home and tell her they had to help put away groceries.

It's a big reason I don't offer to watch them or take them out more often. If I'm expected spend money on their food and a toy, you damn well better expect that I ask them to help around the house.

Totally not judging or anything but I'd probably address this with your sister (and maybe you have) but don't draw a line in the sand which will diminish the time you could be sharing with your n&n. In the end, you and the kids both lose.

Also, by what you described, it sounds like she's raising them to be self-centered? Sounds scary. Helping others is part of human nature!

I agree. I wanted to respond to that post, but wasn't sure how to say it. I like the way you worded your response, though.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    I just realized...I have a 10K race in 10 days. I haven't been training. My mom's going, so maybe I'll just stick to her pace. It's a tutu run and I got a fun tutu for it.

Well that sounds like a whole lotta fun! With your mom, too? That is great.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

*snort*

I would've just spit out the bug. I am not a delicate spitter.

I confess, I've swallowed more than a couple of bugs in my lifetime. It's gross, but it's a fact of life when you run outside before sunrise.

Or biking, especially in a wooded area. Blech. Or they fuse to your eyeball (because you're too stubborn to wear sunglasses).

I was going down a particularly steep section of single-track trail and had to pass between two trees. I got a spider web across the face - and the spider came with it! It was on my eyelid and I had my eye shut but I could see the shadow of it moving across my eyelid. I couldn't stop where I was and somehow completed the hill with my eyes shut. I couldn't get it off my face fast enough once I hit flat open ground.

Did I mention I'm scared of spiders?
  • ShibaEars
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I just realized...I have a 10K race in 10 days. I haven't been training. My mom's going, so maybe I'll just stick to her pace. It's a tutu run and I got a fun tutu for it.

Well that sounds like a whole lotta fun! With your mom, too? That is great.

That does sound fun!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

I was running a couple months ago and having to breath through my mouth due to allergies and I do not know if any of you know what we here in central Texas call a Texas mosquito is, but they are like a HUGE (over an inch long) mosquito - I think they are really called a Crane Fly (google it) or something like that, anyway, one flew in my mouth, I nearly died spitting and gagging on that thing! It was awful! These things are very fragile and I had to spit out each leg and wing separately as it all fell apart in my mouth! Of all the days to forget to take my water bottle on my run!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »

*snort*

I confess, I've swallowed more than a couple of bugs in my lifetime. It's gross, but it's a fact of life when you run outside before sunrise.

Or biking, especially in a wooded area. Blech. Or they fuse to your eyeball (because you're too stubborn to wear sunglasses).

I was going down a particularly steep section of single-track trail and had to pass between two trees. I got a spider web across the face - and the spider came with it! It was on my eyelid and I had my eye shut but I could see the shadow of it moving across my eyelid. I couldn't stop where I was and somehow completed the hill with my eyes shut. I couldn't get it off my face fast enough once I hit flat open ground.

Yikes. The stinkbug in the shower this morning doesn't seem half as bad anymore.
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Life feels weird. Nothing feels real - but not in a bad way, just in a 'I don't really feel anything' way. I think it's cause of all the changes going on in my life - new job I'm still getting used to, looking for a car for the first time. It doesn't sound like big things but things feel so different.

Tomorrow is my last day of job training at the resturaunt that isn't the one I'll be working at. Friday I have a meeting where I'll meet all my actual coworkers and they will also all meet each other for the first time. (I'm actually the only person who started training for work ahead of time because of my job description - long story). Then Saturday until the 15th is job training with all my new coworkers at the resturant in my town that's not open yet. The 15th is the trial run, and it officially opens on the 16th. Slightly nervous but I don't feel nervous I just know I am if that makes sense.

Today is the first day I've felt physically okayish since last Wednesday. Combination of stress and bad eating. Finally feel a little better. I def gained some weight but I have no desire to weigh myself so whatevs, I've been trying to get back on track and have been fairly successful today after yesterday's failed attempt.

Sounds like you have a lot going on, but soon you'll have the more challenging things behind you like buying a car, and getting used to your new job. Lack of sleep and bad eating definitely makes me feel "off" so I'm sure you will feel more like yourself when you get a minute to relax. At least the restaurant is new, everyone will be in The same boat getting used to it and then before you know it YOU will be the one helping out newer employees ! Car shopping is horrendous, I never ever do it alone, I would be a pushover. Maybe bring a knowledgeable good negotiator friend or relative?
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    My co-worker in the next cube is sick...she has been coughing up a lung for 2 days. I told her "You shouldn't be here, go home!" but she just shrugged. Why do some people insist on coming to work & pumping out the germs???

(I don't want to be rude, but sorry, she's one of these quite large unhealthy people that will end up being sick for a month.)

Maybe I'll turn it into a positive & call in sick on Monday and blame it on her! (Assuming I don't, you know, ACTUALLY GET SICK)

A lot of businesses are doing this to themselves. For YEARS, everywhere I worked gave me XX vacation days to take when I want, plus X personal holidays to take when I want, and unlimited sick days (salary) so long as I didn't take advantage of it. I always took off when I was sick, got rested, and felt better more quickly.

For the past 4-5 years, the companies I've worked for have changed to a PTO system. You are given XX PTO days, this encompasses sick days + vacation. I WILL NOT use my PTO for a sick day unless I'm practically on my death bed.

We get 15 vacation days, 5 PPL days, and 6 sick days per year. If you're sick, you use sick days first, then PPL, then vacation. She really has no excuse to not stay home.

But, like I said, she'll be sick for a month, so it won't really help. I just wish she'd stay home while she's contagious!

I am so glad I live in Britain and not America!! I get 30 leave days, plus 8 public holidays. If I'm sick I just take it as a sick day and it doesn't come out of my leave. No limit, but I think if people were doing it all the time something would be said. Although I don't think ice I've taken a sick day for a coup couple of years, and will go in if it's just a cold or something. And I don't know what PPL is.

And the text thing, all my texts to my mum for a while we're preceeded with the word clothes. Went away when I deleted her old messages.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BTW does DH mean Dear Husband?

Yes, and it's overused and I'm a little tired of it! DH, DD (daughter), DS (son)...you get the idea.

I always read it as Dam* Husband, lol!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited May 2015
    bkhamill wrote: »

I was running a couple months ago and having to breath through my mouth due to allergies and I do not know if any of you know what we here in central Texas call a Texas mosquito is, but they are like a HUGE (over an inch long) mosquito - I think they are really called a Crane Fly (google it) or something like that, anyway, one flew in my mouth, I nearly died spitting and gagging on that thing! It was awful! These things are very fragile and I had to spit out each leg and wing separately as it all fell apart in my mouth! Of all the days to forget to take my water bottle on my run!
    We call crane flies Daddy Long Legs! I don't know if it's an English thing, but that's what we grew up calling them.
    Lots of protein in bugs!
    https://edibug.wordpress.com/list-of-edible-insects/
  • shipwrekd69
    shipwrekd69 Posts: 9 Member
    I do a lot of stepping nude in front of my big bathroom mirror looking for any changes
  • ShibaEars
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »

We call crane flies Daddy Long Legs! I don't know if it's an English thing, but that's what we grew up calling them.

But Daddy Long Legs are the gross spiders, they don't fly :wink:

I didn't know what Crane Flies were called, I just call them giant gross mosquito things.
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member

Yikes. The stinkbug in the shower this morning doesn't seem half as bad anymore.[/quote]

I agree, but stink bugs are disgusting and I'll never get used to them! We didn't have them in NY state and then moved and I was horrified when I first saw one and didn't kno pw what they were capable of! turns out, not much..but still YUCK.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »

*snort*

Eek! I've run through my share of spider webs, but the spider on it and not being able to get it off immediately? You rock for getting down that hill!
  • Wagman63
    Wagman63 Posts: 2 Member
    I hate it that I'm a stress eater. Work has been very hectic for the past couple of weeks and I hurt me back and can't go to the gym and walking hurts...I ate a 14 oz bag of cheese balls and I'm now at 141 lbs. Not the way to get to 200.