Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.

I'll be happy when Fed Up is off Netflix. Every random yahoo who half paid attention to it getting lumped in with people who've been LC for years, as if we all say the same misguided crap they're spewing because also-ran Couric told them.

if you're looking for a good sugar-battle thread the "Four bags of Oreos" thread fits the bill!

The oreo thread fighting is making my day.

I confess, all the Oreo thread makes me want to do is eat Oreos.

I started reading this one...will finish later but I have to admit I would KILL my husband (if I had one) if he came home with that stuff. I can't have stuff like that in my house at all or I will eat it all. And yes, I have no will power. But I can't say that in there...I would be eviscerated. I was happy to see the guy I can't stand from all the nasty threads is in jail. :)
    I actually felt sorry for the OP in that post. She really loves her husband and wants him to live a long, healthy life, but everyone's telling her she's a controlling b i t c h for asking what she can do to help make that happen?? And I don't care what anyone says, it's not normal behaviour to come home with that quantity of Oreos.

The hubby has had weight-loss surgery. He obviously had disordered eating issues. That is not going to be fixed by one night of talking. There's a lot more going on in that relationship then we know, I think.

That was what caught my eye, too Clearly he wasn't "ready" for that, either because he hasn't followed through. Sad really, but I can relate because my mom is the same way: diabetic, overweight, terrible health issues, eats whatever she wants in large quantities. No one can change her.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    I am grouchy for no real reason today. My teenagers are annoying me. My daughter came home from Uni last week and all her stuff is still everywhere and she hasn't done anything about looking for a job yet. My eldest son is 2 months from graduating high school - if all goes well - and is skipping classes. He's a special needs student and cannot afford to do that. My youngest (14) is annoying me just by being around.

Not their faults and I love them all to bits. Just feeling irritable today.
  • neishaw
    neishaw Posts: 17 Member
    I confess that for a while there I was getting up in the middle of the night eating stuff. I have never done that in my life. I contribute that to stress.
  • adnamalegna
    adnamalegna Posts: 203 Member
    I LOVE pizza... like LOOOOVE it. If I was superman, it would be my kryptonite. So when I crave it really bad I get pepperoni and cheese and pop in the toaster oven. :frowning: LOL Not much better on the fat front but wayyyyyy better on the carbs.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I laugh because I don't have to send my 'kids' to college or buy them a car. ;)

In the meantime they're free labor, though. Even better, when they're really little, they think folding laundry and unloading the dishwasher is actually fun :p

I haven't cleaned a bathroom or ran the vacuum in 15 years (the oldest is 31) my two youngest are 15 and 16. I am going to miss them when they move out in a couple of years. I will have to pay for a cleaning service. The older children's SOs rave about their cooking and house keeping abilities. I told the kids when I was raising them, I was teaching them life skills. I lied, I just taught them to do the jobs I didn't like. ;)

Nice! I finally have a kid old enough to wash the dishes and it is amazing. I teach all my kids to put away their own dresser laundry (socks, underwear, pajamas), starting when they are about 3.Sure, it's not perfectly done, but who cares? It's just socks and pajamas. They can totally do it.

I tell my kids to put away their clothes too. Typically it ends up in piles on the floor. Seriously, I swear I'm the only one in this house who actually puts things away and cleans up after herself and it's driving me INSANE. They just drop crap all over the house all the time and NEVER pick it up. My house is a disaster zone but I just can't spend my whole days picking up after the kids, the husband, and the dog. Just can't, or I'd go crazy. Trying to let it go... but we almost have nobody over either because I'm so ashamed, being a stay at home mom and all... it's supposed to be my job, but I just lose it, seriously. They can trash the house in just 10 minutes.

That is SO annoying! Just because you don't work outside the home does not mean you are the full time maid! How old are your kids? Sometimes the only way they learn is by consequences. Dirty clothes on the floor and not in the laundry basket? No clean clothes for you. Same thing for hubby.

Maybe not allow them to watch TV or play or whatever until they spend 10 min. each cleaning up clutter and putting thing away? IDK but I hope you find something that works!

They're 7, and twins. I don't let them watch tv or play games on their tablet until they clean up this or that... but it doesn't matter. They don't even care, they find something else to do, and more messes to make. It's a losing battle, honestly, and my husband doesn't really help, unless we're having guests over, thankfully, then he'll help them clean... like 3 hours before people come over. I seriously flip out every time. Last time I just left the house and went to the gym because I was just losing it.

We're cleaning this week end before doing anything...

Yep, that's the thing. Kids don't care about that type of thing. I sympathize because I remember those days. I had to learn to let a lot of things go because I wasn't going to do everything myself. You just do what you can to survive. Good for you for going to the gym last time! Honestly, my kids didn't care about cleaning and picking things up until they moved into their own homes. Sigh.

I was a single, working mother. I picked my battles. There came a point where I just left the door closed to their bedrooms and didn't care what it looked like in there. Laundry - I'll do it if it's in the hamper. If not, you're out of luck. At 7, my kids were better than they were as they got older, which is good because a 7 year old would just wear dirty clothes if that was the case. Ugh.

When they were little, the "We can't do xyz until you clean your room/bathroom/etc" worked really well. When they got older, it was less effective unless xyz = go shopping for something you want.

Definitely pick your battles and use leverage that is age-appropriate! I think we talked about this up thread, but I hired a cleaning service for every other week. The in-between weeks the kids were responsible for cleaning. If they did a good job, then their bathrooms were cleaned for them the following week. If not, the doors would be closed and they had to do it until it was passable. Their rooms? Forget it. Could not even find the floor. Live in filth. Your choice. Of course, it was just clothes and papers and general clutter. No food or drinks were allowed.

I had a weekly cleaning lady until I got married and my husband started doing it. LOL
    The kids' bathroom was also the guest bathroom for a couple of my houses. I always had that cleaned. Their bedrooms? Nope.
    I had the BEST cleaning lady. She even cleaned out the litter boxes if they needed it.

Now that my daughter is moving on campus, we are getting the long-haired white cat back (we have 3 now, my daughter has the white one with her). That white cat sheds more than the other 3 combined. We may need help again.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

*snort*

I would've just spit out the bug. I am not a delicate spitter.
  • keniaclimaco5
    keniaclimaco5 Posts: 31 Member
    I had a taste of a handful of granola cereal last night. then i returned to the kitchen for another handful. then another handful and then i looked at the box and said FCK IT and just poured myself a bowl of cereal with lactaid milk....then i poured myself 2 more bowls of this granola cereal and it was delicious. the inner beast has been awoken...then i ate a small bag of lays....then an apple...then a small bag of cheetos. Then went to bed feeling satiated!!! Hadn't felt full in a while...woke up today feeling a bit nauseas with minor headache. Didn't eat breakfast because I felt all bloated...then finally at 1pm i eat a 7/11 prepackaged 110 calorie salad with no dressing. It's my favorite packaged salad from 7/11 but then i find a dead lady bug at the bottom of my salad....I am disappointed at the find and open the small bag of croutons the salad comes with and eat my sorrows.
  • BZAH10
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.

I'll be happy when Fed Up is off Netflix. Every random yahoo who half paid attention to it getting lumped in with people who've been LC for years, as if we all say the same misguided crap they're spewing because also-ran Couric told them.

if you're looking for a good sugar-battle thread the "Four bags of Oreos" thread fits the bill!

The oreo thread fighting is making my day.

I confess, all the Oreo thread makes me want to do is eat Oreos.

I started reading this one...will finish later but I have to admit I would KILL my husband (if I had one) if he came home with that stuff. I can't have stuff like that in my house at all or I will eat it all. And yes, I have no will power. But I can't say that in there...I would be eviscerated. I was happy to see the guy I can't stand from all the nasty threads is in jail. :)
    I actually felt sorry for the OP in that post. She really loves her husband and wants him to live a long, healthy life, but everyone's telling her she's a controlling b i t c h for asking what she can do to help make that happen?? And I don't care what anyone says, it's not normal behaviour to come home with that quantity of Oreos.

Well. I bought 7 pints of Talenti gelato and um, probably $100 worth of Lindt chocolates when they were on sale. I guess it's not normal either...

Buying in bulk is okay. Eating in bulk is not. On that thread the OP said those 4 bags of Oreos would be gone in a week. Yeah. That's a bit excessive.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    ythannah wrote: »

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

*snort*

I confess, I've swallowed more than a couple of bugs in my lifetime. It's gross, but it's a fact of life when you run outside before sunrise.
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Life feels weird. Nothing feels real - but not in a bad way, just in a 'I don't really feel anything' way. I think it's cause of all the changes going on in my life - new job I'm still getting used to, looking for a car for the first time. It doesn't sound like big things but things feel so different.

Tomorrow is my last day of job training at the resturaunt that isn't the one I'll be working at. Friday I have a meeting where I'll meet all my actual coworkers and they will also all meet each other for the first time. (I'm actually the only person who started training for work ahead of time because of my job description - long story). Then Saturday until the 15th is job training with all my new coworkers at the resturant in my town that's not open yet. The 15th is the trial run, and it officially opens on the 16th. Slightly nervous but I don't feel nervous I just know I am if that makes sense.

Today is the first day I've felt physically okayish since last Wednesday. Combination of stress and bad eating. Finally feel a little better. I def gained some weight but I have no desire to weigh myself so whatevs, I've been trying to get back on track and have been fairly successful today after yesterday's failed attempt.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    81Katz wrote: »
    I laugh because I don't have to send my 'kids' to college or buy them a car. ;)

In the meantime they're free labor, though. Even better, when they're really little, they think folding laundry and unloading the dishwasher is actually fun :p

I haven't cleaned a bathroom or ran the vacuum in 15 years (the oldest is 31) my two youngest are 15 and 16. I am going to miss them when they move out in a couple of years. I will have to pay for a cleaning service. The older children's SOs rave about their cooking and house keeping abilities. I told the kids when I was raising them, I was teaching them life skills. I lied, I just taught them to do the jobs I didn't like. ;)

Nice! I finally have a kid old enough to wash the dishes and it is amazing. I teach all my kids to put away their own dresser laundry (socks, underwear, pajamas), starting when they are about 3.Sure, it's not perfectly done, but who cares? It's just socks and pajamas. They can totally do it.

I tell my kids to put away their clothes too. Typically it ends up in piles on the floor. Seriously, I swear I'm the only one in this house who actually puts things away and cleans up after herself and it's driving me INSANE. They just drop crap all over the house all the time and NEVER pick it up. My house is a disaster zone but I just can't spend my whole days picking up after the kids, the husband, and the dog. Just can't, or I'd go crazy. Trying to let it go... but we almost have nobody over either because I'm so ashamed, being a stay at home mom and all... it's supposed to be my job, but I just lose it, seriously. They can trash the house in just 10 minutes.

That is SO annoying! Just because you don't work outside the home does not mean you are the full time maid! How old are your kids? Sometimes the only way they learn is by consequences. Dirty clothes on the floor and not in the laundry basket? No clean clothes for you. Same thing for hubby.

Maybe not allow them to watch TV or play or whatever until they spend 10 min. each cleaning up clutter and putting thing away? IDK but I hope you find something that works!

They're 7, and twins. I don't let them watch tv or play games on their tablet until they clean up this or that... but it doesn't matter. They don't even care, they find something else to do, and more messes to make. It's a losing battle, honestly, and my husband doesn't really help, unless we're having guests over, thankfully, then he'll help them clean... like 3 hours before people come over. I seriously flip out every time. Last time I just left the house and went to the gym because I was just losing it.

We're cleaning this week end before doing anything...

Bed and computer warfare (whichever is more irritating for them). If my husband goes on a long enough stretch of expecting maid service, I gather up all his stray crap from around the house and dump it on his computer desk and chair. For my son, it's in his bed, so he can't sleep until he deals with it. He also has a rule that if his room is not clean by bed Friday night, he's grounded from the time he gets up until it's clean, so if he does dump it all on the floor, it can't be for more than a few days.

I like that.

When I was a SAHM and my kids were little and at home , my partner and I shared the cleaning. But when the youngest started school I did consider it my job to clean the house. The kids were in school 7 hours a day, which meant I had the luxury of approx 35 hours per week to do pretty much what I liked (which is not a luxury I have now I work). I guess I though a few hours cleaning out of all those free hours was a small price to pay? But I don't think that anyone looking after a baby or preschooler should feel that cleaning the house is their job.

Yeah I kinda agree, but at the same time... there's a limit, I think. Like... hubby makes pop corn at night, leaves his dirty bowl and the popcorn maker on the kitchen counter. When he cooks he insists on using the cutting board (I just use a plate that I can put in the dishwasher after), but he'll never clean it up and just leave it there, even if he cut raw meat on it... If he uses the foreman grill he never cleans it after... Or I make dinner for when he gets home, and he won't even clear the table after he's done. There's a fine line between being a SAHM and a maid, for me. Frankly my job is much easier when he's away for work for a week. Plus this way I know he won't take the kids out for a bike ride when the house is a mess or something... It's exhausting to be the only one trying to enforce the 'cleaning before fun' thing..

Ok I don't want it to turn into a rant, I do recognize that I should be more on top of it and that I'm way too passive-aggressive about it but sometimes I'm just sick of doing it alone...
  • BZAH10
    cranor130 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm behind right now and missed this comment! Thank you, I appreciate it :) Yesterday I was walking around in a sweater even though it was pretty hot because I was embarrassed about my arms. Today I realized that was kind of dumb. How many people look at other people and think ''That girl has some weird arms!!!"?

Also I'm surprised by how many people think bubble tea is or sounds gross! Tapioca is delicious, I've always loved the pudding myself :tongue: I also love the texture. I admit, at first I thought I hated bubble tea when I got some in New York for the first time. I tried it again a couple years later in Montreal, a different flavor, and loved it. Now I've tried almost all of the milky varieties... now I'm craving it again.

I'm the same way with my arms. I'm so self conscious about them that I always wear long
    sleeves. My hoodie is my security blanket and I wear it even in the summer. I roast but I just hate having people see my arms.

I like the bubble tea too. To me it taste like gummy candies. I usually get a strawberry banana boba.

Don't roast my friends.
    I do not like my "wing span", and it was hard to not cover up at first. A few years back, I decided this is me, I don't care what people think, and I have been "hanging out" ever since. HAPPY BARE ARMS TO ALL! Laura

Not to criticize or be the grammar police, but without the comma I had to read this a couple times to see what you meant! Pretty funny without the comma.
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    I had a taste of a handful of granola cereal last night. then i returned to the kitchen for another handful. then another handful and then i looked at the box and said FCK IT and just poured myself a bowl of cereal with lactaid milk....then i poured myself 2 more bowls of this granola cereal and it was delicious. the inner beast has been awoken...then i ate a small bag of lays....then an apple...then a small bag of cheetos. Then went to bed feeling satiated!!! Hadn't felt full in a while...woke up today feeling a bit nauseas with minor headache. Didn't eat breakfast because I felt all bloated...then finally at 1pm i eat a 7/11 prepackaged 110 calorie salad with no dressing. It's my favorite packaged salad from 7/11 but then i find a dead lady bug at the bottom of my salad....I am disappointed at the find and open the small bag of croutons the salad comes with and eat my sorrows.

Cautionary tale ......or a day in my life?? I can't eat granola for that very reason, I totally overestimate my ability to eat normal quantities with certain things. Pandora's box! Lady bug would put a damper on it though. Oh well tomorrow is a new day!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    ythannah wrote: »

*snort*

I tried, it didn't co-operate. You'd think it would've for its own self-interest if nothing else!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    I'm behind right now and missed this comment! Thank you, I appreciate it :) Yesterday I was walking around in a sweater even though it was pretty hot because I was embarrassed about my arms. Today I realized that was kind of dumb. How many people look at other people and think ''That girl has some weird arms!!!"?

Also I'm surprised by how many people think bubble tea is or sounds gross! Tapioca is delicious, I've always loved the pudding myself :tongue: I also love the texture. I admit, at first I thought I hated bubble tea when I got some in New York for the first time. I tried it again a couple years later in Montreal, a different flavor, and loved it. Now I've tried almost all of the milky varieties... now I'm craving it again.

I'm the same way with my arms. I'm so self conscious about them that I always wear long
    sleeves. My hoodie is my security blanket and I wear it even in the summer. I roast but I just hate having people see my arms.

I like the bubble tea too. To me it taste like gummy candies. I usually get a strawberry banana boba.

Don't roast my friends.
    I do not like my "wing span", and it was hard to not cover up at first. A few years back, I decided this is me, I don't care what people think, and I have been "hanging out" ever since. HAPPY BARE ARMS TO ALL! Laura

Not to criticize or be the grammar police, but without the comma I had to read this a couple times to see what you meant! Pretty funny without the comma.
    "Let's eat grandma!"
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

Don't roast my friends.

I almost spit my tea, lol!

So I made myself some dinner at 4pm because I knew I would end up snacking too much otherwise. I know it's a bad idea and I often end up hungry at 8pm when I do that but at least I'm full for now...
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    My sister's kids are old enough to start helping around the house but she doesn't want them picking up anything that isn't there mess. She will tell people off it her kids come home and tell her they had to help put away groceries.

It's a big reason I don't offer to watch them or take them out more often. If I'm expected spend money on their food and a toy, you damn well better expect that I ask them to help around the house.

Totally not judging or anything but I'd probably address this with your sister (and maybe you have) but don't draw a line in the sand which will diminish the time you could be sharing with your n&n. In the end, you and the kids both lose.

Also, by what you described, it sounds like she's raising them to be self-centered? Sounds scary. Helping others is part of human nature!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I just realized...I have a 10K race in 10 days. I haven't been training. My mom's going, so maybe I'll just stick to her pace. It's a tutu run and I got a fun tutu for it.
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    I am grouchy for no real reason today. My teenagers are annoying me. My daughter came home from Uni last week and all her stuff is still everywhere and she hasn't done anything about looking for a job yet. My eldest son is 2 months from graduating high school - if all goes well - and is skipping classes. He's a special needs student and cannot afford to do that. My youngest (14) is annoying me just by being around.

Not their faults and I love them all to bits. Just feeling irritable today.

Funny! I totally share that feeling sometimes!! I only have one teen so you get the award for being outnumbered and still sane (even if you are annoyed!)
  • BZAH10

Okay, and now we have a new theme to this thread! Ewwwww. I'm sorry that happened! Did you call the store and tell them? At least get your money back? Doesn't matter in this case if you ate it because you didn't notice the bug until it was too late!