Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

Okay, I'm very sorry, but I laughed when I read this! But really, I AM sorry you went through that. Oh gag. I would have had the same end result. Or very possibly I would have embarrassed my son right there at the park!

In retrospect, I almost wish I had now. I told him about it on the way home, and he saw me run to the bathroom after we got here. When I came out, his first question was, "are you ok?" (I'll give him points for that, at least). His second, "could you tell what kind of bug it was?" Thanks, kid.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BTW does DH mean Dear Husband?

Yes, and it's overused and I'm a little tired of it! DH, DD (daughter), DS (son)...you get the idea.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

Yes
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Or if he's in the dog house it could be d-ckhead husband
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Yes, and it's overused and I'm a little tired of it! DH, DD (daughter), DS (son)...you get the idea.

It's been around for as long as there have been parenting message boards, not going away any time soon.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.

I'll be happy when Fed Up is off Netflix. Every random yahoo who half paid attention to it getting lumped in with people who've been LC for years, as if we all say the same misguided crap they're spewing because also-ran Couric told them.

if you're looking for a good sugar-battle thread the "Four bags of Oreos" thread fits the bill!

The oreo thread fighting is making my day.

I confess, all the Oreo thread makes me want to do is eat Oreos.

I started reading this one...will finish later but I have to admit I would KILL my husband (if I had one) if he came home with that stuff. I can't have stuff like that in my house at all or I will eat it all. And yes, I have no will power. But I can't say that in there...I would be eviscerated. I was happy to see the guy I can't stand from all the nasty threads is in jail. :)
    I actually felt sorry for the OP in that post. She really loves her husband and wants him to live a long, healthy life, but everyone's telling her she's a controlling b i t c h for asking what she can do to help make that happen?? And I don't care what anyone says, it's not normal behaviour to come home with that quantity of Oreos.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

Okay, I'm very sorry, but I laughed when I read this! But really, I AM sorry you went through that. Oh gag. I would have had the same end result. Or very possibly I would have embarrassed my son right there at the park!

In retrospect, I almost wish I had now. I told him about it on the way home, and he saw me run to the bathroom after we got here. When I came out, his first question was, "are you ok?" (I'll give him points for that, at least). His second, "could you tell what kind of bug it was?" Thanks, kid.

Kids are so funny. I have to say, you have a much stronger stomach than me. I would have puked on the spot.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I confess, there are some people that just will not give up on the whole "cleansing" thing and it's a little weird. I don't pretend to know everything about science and physiology, but the liver and kidneys remove toxins from the blood. I'll schedule a colonoscopy in 12 years for my first "cleanse" when I'm 50. I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. And I read an article once someone wrote on the internet. And you can't post anything on the internet unless it's true. At least I think I'm funny sometimes. Carry on.
    I've had one. There's no cleanse like the pre-camera cleanse! Buy extra-soft toilet paper when the time comes. And zinc cream.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Yes.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I had 2 cups of coffee this am, 2 cups this afternoon and now I'm downing a large w/ an extra shot latte. I will probably have trouble sleeping tonight. At least it's kinda killing my appetite. :wink:
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    It's a very weird morning up here. Woke up to a snowstorm and a completely different government after over 40 years of the same party in power. Strange days, people.

The snow today sucks. I wore flip flops & capris yesterday, winter boots & jacket today. Good ol' Alberta :smiley:
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

If you're mad at him, you can pretend it means Dumb Husband. Just a tip. Not a slam at men, people with wives could do the same with DW. Equality, yay!
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.

I'll be happy when Fed Up is off Netflix. Every random yahoo who half paid attention to it getting lumped in with people who've been LC for years, as if we all say the same misguided crap they're spewing because also-ran Couric told them.

if you're looking for a good sugar-battle thread the "Four bags of Oreos" thread fits the bill!

Same *sigh*
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

I started reading this one...will finish later but I have to admit I would KILL my husband (if I had one) if he came home with that stuff. I can't have stuff like that in my house at all or I will eat it all. And yes, I have no will power. But I can't say that in there...I would be eviscerated. I was happy to see the guy I can't stand from all the nasty threads is in jail. :)
    I actually felt sorry for the OP in that post. She really loves her husband and wants him to live a long, healthy life, but everyone's telling her she's a controlling b i t c h for asking what she can do to help make that happen?? And I don't care what anyone says, it's not normal behaviour to come home with that quantity of Oreos.

The hubby has had weight-loss surgery. He obviously had disordered eating issues. That is not going to be fixed by one night of talking. There's a lot more going on in that relationship then we know, I think.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

It's been around for as long as there have been parenting message boards, not going away any time soon.

Oh, I know. Just feel like it is overused. Ya know when wives are like, "I caught my DH cheating on me with his friend's wife"...NOT DH at that point!! ;)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I confess, there are some people that just will not give up on the whole "cleansing" thing and it's a little weird. I don't pretend to know everything about science and physiology, but the liver and kidneys remove toxins from the blood. I'll schedule a colonoscopy in 12 years for my first "cleanse" when I'm 50. I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. And I read an article once someone wrote on the internet. And you can't post anything on the internet unless it's true. At least I think I'm funny sometimes. Carry on.

I think people just look for an easy answer. I tried a "fruit and veggie detox" as part of a Low GI diet program once. You could eat all the non starchy veggies you wanted and 3 servings of fruit a day for a week. I was miserable. I think I lost 8 pounds that week and a total of 30ish on the program but gained it all back when I went back to eating normally.

ETA That week was not easy!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

The hubby has had weight-loss surgery. He obviously had disordered eating issues. That is not going to be fixed by one night of talking. There's a lot more going on in that relationship then we know, I think.
    Yes, I'm sure you're right.
  • owensy12
    owensy12 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I went out for a few drinks last night, came home and was famished. Ended up eating a HUGE (150g) bag of crisps, which was 775 calories!!! Felt ridiculously guilty this morning!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Well. I bought 7 pints of Talenti gelato and um, probably $100 worth of Lindt chocolates when they were on sale. I guess it's not normal either...
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options

Some people are weirdly obsessed with cleanses and what not. Hey, whatever works for you, but don't try to convince everyone else that you are right and they are wrong! That seems to be the common theme.