Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    I get anxious way too easily. I am not sure if I have to work tomorrow or not. I told my best friend I do but I wrote down that I don't. The thought of not knowing is driving me nuts because it means I have to get up early, drive into the city and call while on my way there to find out because nobody will be there before I have to leave. I am so mad at myself for not just taking a picture of the schedule but writing it down on a napkin while I was on the go. Plus calling somebody and speaking on the phone is one of the worst things for me.

Anxiety is the worst! *hugs* I get anxious to the point of not being able to sleep whenever anything changes in my schedule.

I really like your profile pic

Thank you (:
    I just took something to help me sleep because I know that otherwise I'll still be up in a couple of hours. It's already 11:37pm here and I have to get up at 5:30.

Sleep well. I hope everything works out with work tomorrow, try not to worry too much about it if you can. Sometimes I have to just keep telling myself that it'll all be over in twenty four hours (or however many hours). Maybe you could try to find something to say to yourself to remind yourself that everything will be okay. It doesn't always work but sometimes it helps.
    [/quote]

Turns out that I don't have work today but tomorrow and Friday which means I have to stand and walk for 8 hours with horrible period cramps for the next two days. So not looking froward to this. The good thing about not working today though is that I'm at the library early. Hopefully I'll get a lot done this way.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Today I had some delicious Ben & Jerry's ice cream after stopping in a bookstore. I didn't find the book I was looking for (Ancillary Sword), so I ended up going home and placing an online order for three books. Can't wait to check em out!

ALSO, a weight has been lifted off my shoulders! All of my grades have come in, except for one I was never worried about, and I am officially graduating University!! Now I can hopefully get my butt in gear and focus more on this! So relieved.

Yay thats great!! :smiley::smiley:
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Using MFP made me realize (though I already knew) that I was eating mayonnaise on something EVERY DAY. I do love mayonnaise, but at 90 calories a tbsp, my love was becoming a roadblock... I can't even keep it moderate, because I like LOTS of mayo... like, I put mayo on both pieces of bread before I even put my chicken salad (made with mayo) on...

So, alas.. I've mostly cut mayo out altogether, saving it for when I have my cheeseburger every other week or so... And I've taken a shine to mashing and spreading half an avocado onto my sandwiches instead. Sure, it has more calories in the quantity I use it, but it's more satiating and actually nutritious... and the consistency is just right for getting my "fatty creamy topping" fix.

And on cheeseburger day, when they bring me a little cup with at least two tbsp of the white stuff in it for my burger, I totally reserve some so I can dip my fries in it, too. Did I mention I love mayo?

I will start dedicating some of my mayo to you, since more is a good thing for me.

This warms my little mayo-loving heart.

LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Using MFP made me realize (though I already knew) that I was eating mayonnaise on something EVERY DAY. I do love mayonnaise, but at 90 calories a tbsp, my love was becoming a roadblock... I can't even keep it moderate, because I like LOTS of mayo... like, I put mayo on both pieces of bread before I even put my chicken salad (made with mayo) on...

So, alas.. I've mostly cut mayo out altogether, saving it for when I have my cheeseburger every other week or so... And I've taken a shine to mashing and spreading half an avocado onto my sandwiches instead. Sure, it has more calories in the quantity I use it, but it's more satiating and actually nutritious... and the consistency is just right for getting my "fatty creamy topping" fix.

And on cheeseburger day, when they bring me a little cup with at least two tbsp of the white stuff in it for my burger, I totally reserve some so I can dip my fries in it, too. Did I mention I love mayo?

I HEART MAYO TOO! On sandwiches I love to load it on there- I loeve mixing it with ketchup and mustard on on hotdogs and my favorite is mixing ketchup and mayo together for dipping my fries. I'm going through withdraw- I feel your pain.

Mayo lovers unite!!

I hate mayo. I always have. I also hate ketchup, and cream, and gravy. I may not actually be human as we know it.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

But that leads to a confession that I do put a splash of cold water in my super-strong coffee to cool it down for maximum immediate gulbability, and that grosses most people out too.

I make coffee ice cubes so I can drink it immediately, without the sad dilution side effect!

Holy Cr*p that is genius! I am stealing that idea right now!
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

I will start dedicating some of my mayo to you, since more is a good thing for me.

I HEART MAYO TOO! On sandwiches I love to load it on there- I loeve mixing it with ketchup and mustard on on hotdogs and my favorite is mixing ketchup and mayo together for dipping my fries. I'm going through withdraw- I feel your pain.

Mayo lovers unite!!

I hate mayo. I always have. I also hate ketchup, and cream, and gravy. I may not actually be human as we know it.

When we have our Sunday roast or something similar my mom always make what apparently is really good gravy and soaks her potatoes or pasta in it. It's more gravy than anything else. Sometimes she even just eats the rest plain. Her boyfriend does see same and everybody loves her gravy. There is about 5 jars of it in our fridge. I, however, hate it. Even the smell makes me nauseous so I always end up eating dry potatoes. I just don't get her obsession over it.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Today I had some delicious Ben & Jerry's ice cream after stopping in a bookstore. I didn't find the book I was looking for (Ancillary Sword), so I ended up going home and placing an online order for three books. Can't wait to check em out!

ALSO, a weight has been lifted off my shoulders! All of my grades have come in, except for one I was never worried about, and I am officially graduating University!! Now I can hopefully get my butt in gear and focus more on this! So relieved.

Yayy congratulations!! It's such a great feeling!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Mayo lovers unite!!

I've always been jealous of people who don't enjoy those things! Insisting on smothering my food in 'sauces' is a large factor in how I put on some weight :(
  • aislingbury
    aislingbury Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I have exactly the same problem! How do people just have a tablespoon? I won't be buying anymore that's for sure!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    redd_87 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    redd_87 wrote: »
    -I'm 115# and the epitome of skinny fat due to unhealthy weight loss ~5 years ago with no exercise. (Currently working on changing that, and so far seems to be working.)

Welcome! And, if you haven't heard this already... weight lifting is the cure.

Seriously. I guess if you had to put a label on it, what I'm doing is a "recomp" since I'm not disciplined enough to do bulk/cut cycles, but the results are starting to really impress me.

Thank you! I've read about body recomp here on the forums and have researched it a little bit on my own and I would absolutely LOVE to get into lifting, but from what I understand it needs to be done at the gym or with the proper equipment at home? I avoid the gym because I tend to get very anxious in public places with a lot of people and I don't exactly have the finances or space for a home gym at the moment. I have looked into it though, and plan on it once I'm able. Can body weight exercises have similar results? I'm currently working my way through Body Revolution using 5-10# dumbbells, because that's what I have!

I've done all mine at home but I have a fair collection of equipment. None of it was very expensive and I understand you can probably get secondhand stuff cheap on craigslist (not true for me locally). My first barbell was a 10 lb bar and I think I paid $30 for it... didn't want to spend a lot of money when I was first starting out and didn't know if I was going to stick with it. I've since upgraded to an Olympic bar, and my SO bought me a power rack for Christmas, which is the most expensive piece. Fortunately I have a big almost-empty basement for all this.

You can accomplish a LOT with body weight though. I know there are a couple of programs that are recommended around here, like You Are Your Own Gym and Convict Conditioning.

Stick with it -- you'll love the results!
  • spamarie
    Options

Mayo lovers unite!!

I've always been jealous of people who don't enjoy those things! Insisting on smothering my food in 'sauces' is a large factor in how I put on some weight :(

It does make keeping track of my calories easier. If I tell you I had roast beef, potatoes, carrots and broccoli, then that's all I had. I don't even like salt or butter on most things. Dry sandwiches ftw!
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    This is the ad on the side of my MFP right now, and it is making me a little uncomfortable...

770ffe62-580d-423a-bad3-d9d3fe3aa8a2_zpshk3pjq5x.jpg

Only men can eat cucumbers?!

My ad had a seemingly WonderGro-addled banana, instead of a cucumber...

(I'm sensing a 'theme'... ;) )
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I finally bought the Sam's Choice Coffee and Donuts ice cream yesterday and even though I had no calories left, I ate a serving. I regret nothing. Who was it that brought that up? Quiksylver? You're terrible. LOL

The glaze is the best part:D.

...just reading the words "donuts" and "the glaze" is sparking a flashback to this weekend, while with family, when I was offered the last 3 glazed donuts from a recently acquired dozen... the box containing such was presented to me 'out of nowhere' (it was like a 'stealth attack' ;) )... and under previously-normal circumstances, an impromptu presentation of glazed donut wondrousness would have been 'received' as some sort of 'gift from the gods'... ;)

...however... and despite being hungry, and not having access to any healthy food at the time (we were all attending a child's sporting event)... and despite my practically 'taste-hallucinating' what those beloved freakin' donuts would treat my tastebuds to... I somehow found the strength to not partake of even one 'torn' piece of one of those dastardly donut delights... and after hearing the words, "no, thanks..." come out of my mouth, I summarily found myself pondering just what words in the English language could come close to 'putting a name to' the defies-description feeling that I found myself experiencing, as those 3 beloved 'glazed circular bits of heaven' were carried away from me...

(...that moment needed some sort of 'theme music', I swear... (whatever music would be used to accompany a scene in which two former lovers must painfully say, 'not this time', would seem to 'do'... :p))
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Mayo lovers unite!!

It does make keeping track of my calories easier. If I tell you I had roast beef, potatoes, carrots and broccoli, then that's all I had. I don't even like salt or butter on most things. Dry sandwiches ftw!

How are you able to chew and swallow things like that dry?
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I hereby dedicate this burger to @HollandOats, with all it's mayo and bacon awesomeness. I only regret I'm out of avocado.

This is perfect <3 Today is my birthday and I have already planned my bacon cheeseburger with mayo for tonight. :) And I'm having guacamole on my chicken sandwich at lunch.

In fact, I confess, I'm going to spend this whole day watching the clock for when I can eat each thing I have planned, lol... I even love my protein powder/cashew milk... it's soooo good!

I'm already pre-logged over 700 calories for the day, and am in basic denial of the barley pops I'll most likely consume with dinner. Lots of pre-planned fidgeting, too, to help offset the damages, haha!

Have a great day!!!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    My screen showed both the banana and cucumber guy ad. LOL
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options

Congrats! ^5
  • spamarie
    Options

Mayo lovers unite!!

How are you able to chew and swallow things like that dry?

I eat pretty slowly, which I imagine helps. I find textures to be the bigger problem more often than taste. I don't like mixing lots of tastes up, which I find happens with sauces. It's to the point where I tend to only drink water with a meal, because I don't like whatever I'm drinking to affect the taste of the food.

I'm just a really picky eater in general. I was a nightmare for my mother growing up!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Congrats!!!
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I will use the same k-cup 2-3 times. lol

Worst confession I've read here, ewwwwwww. I loathe weak coffee...I'm the one who likes the cup from the bottom of the french press that's practically strong enough to stand up on its own.

But that leads to a confession that I do put a splash of cold water in my super-strong coffee to cool it down for maximum immediate gulbability, and that grosses most people out too.

I am such a wuss with hot foods/drinks so sometimes if I want to drink my tea sooner I will add in an ice cube or two. Otherwise I have to wait like 15 minutes to be able to sip it.
    I love my coffee (tea, too, but to a lesser extent) to be piping hot. The second it cools down, gets lukewarm, it almost disgusts me. I can't bring myself to finish it sometimes. At least the kcups I use. The thing is, I like iced coffee a lot.

I love hot food. But now it's sounding a lot less appetizing in the summery heat we've been getting.

I have a very sensitive mouth. Just last week I had strips of skin falling off because I burned it yet again with a piece of pizza... I often just end up dropping an ice cube in my coffee when I order some somewhere, lol.

Stressful morning today and I just gave up on making the kids school lunches. Got my husband to do it. So sick of never knowing what to make for my daughter and I know she won't eat it anyway. Gosh.

And I have absolutely no idea what *I* want for lunch, so I guess I'm a bit of an hypocrite.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I will use the same k-cup 2-3 times. lol

Worst confession I've read here, ewwwwwww. I loathe weak coffee...I'm the one who likes the cup from the bottom of the french press that's practically strong enough to stand up on its own.

I thought I was the only person who did this! I can down a 16 oz. coffee in under 5 minutes...it is the fastest way to get the caffeine in, without actually injecting it!

I got tired of the whole coffee thing. Felt like it was more work than it was worth and I don't like it hot so I would drink 2, 3, 4 day old coffee. I started taking half a 5 Hour Energy in the morning and half in the afternoon and it works much better for me.

RE: 5 Hour Energy:

You can buy B Vitamin Complex in liquid form from any vitamin shoppe (I think mine are from Puritan's Pride) and it comes with a dropper, you drop a measure of the liquid under your tongue. It's like ultra-concentrated 5 Hour Energy, for a much lower cost per use. And I can attest, when my butt is dragging, and I drop a double dose under my tongue, I am perked up within the half hour! (Those 5 hour energies can get expensive).

Thanks! I will look into that because, you're right, it is expensive!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    These last few days of being sad have been pretty revealing about my unhealthy relationship with food... I just want to eat until I don't feel anything but full. The lifelong habit of medicating with food is lurking around me. I didn't log the last couple of days, and I know I probably ate over maintenance, but I'm happy that I managed to avoid sitting on the couch and eating bags (plural...) of chips and cookies.

Back on track today. Even if everything else is haywire, I am going to be kind to myself and not eat until I feel sick.

This is something I am currently going through myself. My MIL is very ill and it looks like they may not be able to do anything for her. I am close to her as I lost my own mom when I was 26. So I am somewhat self medicating with food and trying to stop myself from doing that at the same time. I didn't log at all yesterday, but I am trying to do better today and deal with the emotions another.

I am struggling with this myself over my horse. While that may not seem as sad and traumatic as a human this guy is the love of my life. I am just grateful I can spend some quality time with him in the last few weeks of his life. I am grazing him right now. But when I leave I will want to eat and drink to fill the sad places. Some days I resist. And some I don't then have that guilt and disgust with myself to deal with too. But I think we have to forgive ourselves and just keep moving forward. I do believe in the phrase that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Thanks @pofoster21, I understand how you feel about your big guy. I recently lost my youngest mastiff too. He was five years old. Our babies in their own way.