Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I really honestly feel bad for some of the question askers around here. Whoa, tough crowd.

I feel bad for some of them too, especially when it's someone that is new to the site. Some people just don't have the health/weight loss knowledge and are looking for real advice and people attack them...and then there are the idiots, so ya know.

Yeah. but my take on it is this. I did A LOT of reading on this site before I began contributing to the threads. I still haven't started a thread. People should learn the site, and the SEARCH FUNCTION, before posting about how they are going to do a cleanse for a jump start of their metabolism.

Agreed. I wouldn't ask a 'help me' question here. No way! Other than my hard boiled egg question I asked on this thread. lol
    I agree about searching first. Search the millions of "why am I not loosing" threads. 99% of the answers are the same.

This. All day.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I really honestly feel bad for some of the question askers around here. Whoa, tough crowd.

I feel bad for some of them too, especially when it's someone that is new to the site. Some people just don't have the health/weight loss knowledge and are looking for real advice and people attack them...and then there are the idiots, so ya know.

I feel bad for them and I find it strange. I've had doctors who've given me outright terrible advice and have no idea what they're talking about, but come on this site and some people expect you to know more than the doctors who've told me to do the cabbage soup diet or not to eat any fat because that makes you fat.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I've been walking around work with Third Eye Blind - How's It Going To Be stuck in my head. I hum and sing aloud frequently lol.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

*snort*

I would've just spit out the bug. I am not a delicate spitter.

I confess, I've swallowed more than a couple of bugs in my lifetime. It's gross, but it's a fact of life when you run outside before sunrise.

Or biking, especially in a wooded area. Blech. Or they fuse to your eyeball (because you're too stubborn to wear sunglasses).

I was going down a particularly steep section of single-track trail and had to pass between two trees. I got a spider web across the face - and the spider came with it! It was on my eyelid and I had my eye shut but I could see the shadow of it moving across my eyelid. I couldn't stop where I was and somehow completed the hill with my eyes shut. I couldn't get it off my face fast enough once I hit flat open ground.

Did I mention I'm scared of spiders?

Yikes. The stinkbug in the shower this morning doesn't seem half as bad anymore.

I kept finding those little b@!$4!&$ in my hotel room in VA. Then just after I got home I found one in my house. I looked it up online to find it was a stink bug and found an article about how they haven't made it to the UK but there are fears about the effect on farming if they do. Must have snuck over in my suitcase. I was worried I was going to cause some kind of ecological disaster. I caught it and flushed it down the loo. Didn't find anymore, so hopefully was just a solo hitchhiker.

And daddy long legs/crane flies are totally harmless aren't they? They don't bother me, just kind of hover around. Moths are what I really hate.

I was going to say, I have NO IDEA what these are and I hope to keep it that way! So what are Horse Flies? Because they bite and I thought they were crane flies, so now I'm confused.

Horse flies look like a regular house fly only about twice the size, still prefer those over deer flies though those little *kitten* can all die in a volcano.

OMG, deer flies. Even though the gnat swarms that are out and about now are terrible, the deer flies are effing awful. Ah, the spring and summer time joys of living next to a wetland basin.

I live in the southern US and we have Palmetto bugs. Google it! Think big roach...that can fly!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: I stayed up way later than I should have finishing a book last night...but still got up at 5 to go to the gym, so at least there's that.

Taking a few days off from the gym while I was away definitely did me some good. Felt stronger lifting today!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I've been walking around work with Third Eye Blind - How's It Going To Be stuck in my head. I hum and sing aloud frequently lol.

Could be worse. Could be the freakin' narwhals song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anM1N5oN-OM
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Palmetto bugs are massive. Like they're bulked up on steroids. :flushed:
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Yeah. but my take on it is this. I did A LOT of reading on this site before I began contributing to the threads. I still haven't started a thread. People should learn the site, and the SEARCH FUNCTION, before posting about how they are going to do a cleanse for a jump start of their metabolism.

And I totally agree, but we are rational people and think before we do things. Some people, unfortunately and I say this in totally nonjudgmental, just aren't that smart or sane.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

Are those tree roaches?

One the subject of bugs what about the 17 year cicadas? The first year I lived in the states, they came out and were everywhere. It was disgusting.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

And I totally agree, but we are rational people and think before we do things. Some people, unfortunately and I say this in totally nonjudgmental, just aren't that smart or sane.

Yep, and it gives us entertaining flame threads to read. :D
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

*snort*

I would've just spit out the bug. I am not a delicate spitter.

I confess, I've swallowed more than a couple of bugs in my lifetime. It's gross, but it's a fact of life when you run outside before sunrise.

Or biking, especially in a wooded area. Blech. Or they fuse to your eyeball (because you're too stubborn to wear sunglasses).

I was going down a particularly steep section of single-track trail and had to pass between two trees. I got a spider web across the face - and the spider came with it! It was on my eyelid and I had my eye shut but I could see the shadow of it moving across my eyelid. I couldn't stop where I was and somehow completed the hill with my eyes shut. I couldn't get it off my face fast enough once I hit flat open ground.

Did I mention I'm scared of spiders?

Yikes. The stinkbug in the shower this morning doesn't seem half as bad anymore.

I kept finding those little b@!$4!&$ in my hotel room in VA. Then just after I got home I found one in my house. I looked it up online to find it was a stink bug and found an article about how they haven't made it to the UK but there are fears about the effect on farming if they do. Must have snuck over in my suitcase. I was worried I was going to cause some kind of ecological disaster. I caught it and flushed it down the loo. Didn't find anymore, so hopefully was just a solo hitchhiker.

And daddy long legs/crane flies are totally harmless aren't they? They don't bother me, just kind of hover around. Moths are what I really hate.

I was going to say, I have NO IDEA what these are and I hope to keep it that way! So what are Horse Flies? Because they bite and I thought they were crane flies, so now I'm confused.

Horse flies look like a regular house fly only about twice the size, still prefer those over deer flies though those little *kitten* can all die in a volcano.

OMG, deer flies. Even though the gnat swarms that are out and about now are terrible, the deer flies are effing awful. Ah, the spring and summer time joys of living next to a wetland basin.

I live in the southern US and we have Palmetto bugs. Google it! Think big roach...that can fly!

I like to pretend that these bugs don't exist. I mean, I know they do, but not in my alternate reality. *la la la*
  • 81Katz
    Options

Are those tree roaches?

One the subject of bugs what about the 17 year cicadas? The first year I lived in the states, they came out and were everywhere. It was disgusting.

They look like a giant roach but they fly around. So not a roach actually. They are so gross. I hate them!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Why did I read the Oreo thread? Now I just want to stab them all.

The posters or the oreos?

Watermelon Oreo season is almost upon us. This delectable treat is found at Target stores, sorry Canada, even though you're half French, you didn't take to the French Superstore.

After Watermelon Oreo season comes Candy Corn Oreo Season.

It's going to be a sweet summer and fall :)

Don't forget Winter & the White Fudge Oreos *drools*

Did you try the Cotton Candy Oreos? They tasted better than I thought they would. I saw Wal-Mart has the Cookie Dough Oreos exclusively, but they tasted more like coffee than Cookie Dough.

It's almost 10 & I've have already ate most of my calories.

Had a White Chocolate Raspberry Quest bar, two string cheeses, Quaker Protein Cranberry Almond Oatmeal with Blue Diamond Coconut Almonds, a pack of Nonnis Thin Coconut Thins, two Quaker Chocolate Rice cakes with 0.5 servings of Sweet & Salty Peanuts & a half serving of each MaraNatha Maple Butter with Molasses & a half serving of White Chocolate wonderful. The last thing I ate was two servings of Dannon Plain yogurt with two tablespoons of Hershey's Unsweetened Powder, & a half serving of Imitation Butter Extract.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Why did I read the Oreo thread? Now I just want to stab them all.

The posters or the oreos?

Watermelon Oreo season is almost upon us. This delectable treat is found at Target stores, sorry Canada, even though you're half French, you didn't take to the French Superstore.

After Watermelon Oreo season comes Candy Corn Oreo Season.

It's going to be a sweet summer and fall :)

Did you try the Cotton Candy Oreos? They tasted better than I thought they would. I saw Wal-Mart has the Cookie Dough Oreos exclusively, but they tasted more like coffee than Cookie Dough.

It's almost 10 & I've almost ate all of my calories already.

Had a White Chocolate Raspberry Quest bar, two string cheeses, Quaker Protein Cranberry Almond Oatmeal with Blue Diamond Coconut Almonds, a pack of Nonnis Thin Coconut Thins, two Quaker Chocolate Rice cakes with 0.5 servings of Sweet & Salty Peanuts & a half serving of each MaraNatha Maple Butter with Molasses & a half serving of White Chocolate wonderful. The last thing I ate was two servings of Dannon Plain yogurt with two tablespoons of Hershey's Unsweetened Powder, & a half serving of Imitation Butter Extract.

Wow! Hungry day? That's impressive by 10:00 a.m.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    This has to be the scariest bug I've ever seen while vacationing in WV.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dobsonfly

They're called Hellgrammites in the larvae stage & at that stage it's even scarier looking.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    My confession is that I loathe the word shoplifting. It's like they're trying to find a cutesy way to say "I'm a rotten little thief", but oh no, we can't call teens thieves, we can't tell them the truth that they're stealing and acting like criminals, we'll dress it up in some cutesy phrase so that subconsciously we teach them their behaviour is okay because they're just teenagers aww how cute!

I worked in retail for a number of years. Thieves infuriate me, and so many of the teens we busted didn't even care, because they knew they'd get a slap on the wrist (if anything) from the courts/their parents, and they got to go round bragging to all their friends about how cool they were for shoplifting. ARRRRRGH.

My favorites are the people who steal stuff & then try to return the items to get a gift card or money.
    I worked for Walmart for a while. My favourite customer service story (not mine, unfortunately) was the couple who tried to return a toaster oven. When the returns woman opened the box to check what was in it, she found a concrete block inside! I guess it used to not be policy to check every item. The couple just left the store. Brazen!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I regained all 25kg I had lost - and then a few more. It only took me a year to gain it back. Now I am working on losing it again (7kg down, 24 to go)
    Ohh, I've done that too. Not quite as much (nearly 40lbs) but I gained it really, shockingly, upsettingly quickly.
    Good for us for getting back to it!
  • 81Katz
    Options
    I've only tried the regular Oreos. I love the double stuff kind.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Most people who ask legitimate questions I don't see necessarily get bashed, but rather the thread starters who post multiple threads asking for advice on the same subject & never take any of the good suggestions, pick fights, & are basically just looking for an excuse to further their behavior/lack of weight loss.