Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• pow140
    pow140 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It takes every ounce of my strength not to eat off the plate of cheese every time I open up the fridge. Even if it's one bite, I try to discipline myself to not indulge in it. 90% of the time I win my own battle of wits...
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Basically undid all the progress I made all week in 2 days. because you know..

shadow cake and biryani and mango lassi

I had to look up all three of those items. The last two look like they are offered at Indian restaurants only. The cake, too? We only have one Indian restaurant here. I tried it once, but wasn't sure what to order (vegetarian and low carb). Any suggestions from the expert?

oh no, Shadow Cake was from the bakery on Friday night, biryani and mango lassi were from the indian restaurant.

I had friends who were Indian in High School and they always ate the most aromatic foods delicious smelling foods.

As an adult I just go into the restaurant ask the host what they're having that night for dinner and I'll usually go with that. The host always knows what's the best ;)

For vegetarian dishes I'd start with some Vegetable Samosas and Cauliflower Pakoras entree would be Onion Naan and Vegetable biryani

low carb is out the window :/

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of! Between all the rice, the naan, and the fried foods I was at a loss. As far as the vegetarian suggestions, duly noted - thank you, sir!

I worked as a nanny for an Indian family for about two years and would have loved to learn more about the cuisine, but they spoke very little English so our communication was a lot of exaggerated hand and arm gestures and more like "show and tell" when it came to cleaning or what activities the kids had going on. They called me Lisa (not my name) because that's the only American name they knew or could remember. But the smells! Yum! Yes, I remember all the delicious smells from the food.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10135773/might-as-well-starve

Haven't decided if this one is going up in flames or not, but it might!

There it goes...

Yep! Proud of how sensitive my flaming-thread sensors are today.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    This thread seriously always brightens my day, thank you all!
  • julie1474
    julie1474 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like reading these so far. No judgement, I could not agree more. I would just like to say that you have to live with the choices you make everyday. We are the only ones in our heads, we know what we did or did not do. This is helping keep more accountable to myself. I hope this helps even one person.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Confession: my ex-roommate (and ex-friend) is officially moved out of my dorm room, leaving me and one other girl. And I don't really mind, because there's tons more room now, I gained an extra bed, and can practice my b*tch face when the ex-roommate sees me in the hallway XD
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    & I eat popcorn with chopsticks :) lasts longer, much longer

That's awesome! My new weight loss plan is to eat all my food with chopsticks because half of it won't make it to my mouth! Lol!

Yeah totally- I thought I should test the weirdness waters with the popcorn confession, but I often eat with chopsticks for self pacing... only around people who know and accept my weirdness though :D (or on my lonesome)

My other weapon of choice is the mighty teaspoon.

I never can fully enjoy food by knife and fork. I'll just be there thinking about how I miss my spoons and sticks

Ah, but there are no weirdness waters in this thread. :) Or it's all such a cascade of weirdness that one mere drop will never stand out.

I'm envious of your ability to use chopsticks. I've never been able to master the skill, as manual dexterity is not my strong suit.

Ah but the more incompetent you are with the sticks the longer your food lasts :) that's the beauty of it
    I get frustrated with chopsticks and end up just stabbing the food with one and eating it off the end. Not very sophisticated. My husband gets embarrassed because I always ask for a fork when we go to an Asian restaurant.

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10135773/might-as-well-starve

Haven't decided if this one is going up in flames or not, but it might!

Oh dear god, I didn't get past the 1st page. She's annoying.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I had to look up all three of those items. The last two look like they are offered at Indian restaurants only. The cake, too? We only have one Indian restaurant here. I tried it once, but wasn't sure what to order (vegetarian and low carb). Any suggestions from the expert?

oh no, Shadow Cake was from the bakery on Friday night, biryani and mango lassi were from the indian restaurant.

I had friends who were Indian in High School and they always ate the most aromatic foods delicious smelling foods.

As an adult I just go into the restaurant ask the host what they're having that night for dinner and I'll usually go with that. The host always knows what's the best ;)

For vegetarian dishes I'd start with some Vegetable Samosas and Cauliflower Pakoras entree would be Onion Naan and Vegetable biryani

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of! Between all the rice, the naan, and the fried foods I was at a loss. As far as the vegetarian suggestions, duly noted - thank you, sir!

I worked as a nanny for an Indian family for about two years and would have loved to learn more about the cuisine, but they spoke very little English so our communication was a lot of exaggerated hand and arm gestures and more like "show and tell" when it came to cleaning or what activities the kids had going on. They called me Lisa (not my name) because that's the only American name they knew or could remember. But the smells! Yum! Yes, I remember all the delicious smells from the food.

Saag paneer might be a good choice for you! Fresh cheese and spinach. Not sure how to accompany it with a low carb option... Mango lassi would be good if you like yogurt... "Cools" your palate without naan or rice.
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Student: To be honest it's impossibly difficult being at college. I just can't do any homework, I'm too busy, it's impossible.
    Me: You keep using that word - I do not think it means what you think it means.[/quote]

LOVE!!! We are sending our oldest to college in the fall please tell me where you teach so we can send her to you! (She will get all of your Princess Bride Quotes)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »

Saag paneer might be a good choice for you! Fresh cheese and spinach. Not sure how to accompany it with a low carb option... Mango lassi would be good if you like yogurt... "Cools" your palate without naan or rice.

Thank you for the suggestions! I really want to go back to our Indian restaurant mainly because the atmosphere and decor is so cool! I'm writing these down so that I can do a little research first.
  • dgoodie92
    dgoodie92 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I miss my six pack, but cannot go on a rapid loss diet incase I trigger a relapse of anorexia in my partner.

This makes me angry at times.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    dgoodie92 wrote: »
    I miss my six pack, but cannot go on a rapid loss diet incase I trigger a relapse of anorexia in my partner.

Too soon?

newbelgiumfattire6btl__41659.1347321909.1280.1280.jpg
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Momakanga wrote: »
    Student: To be honest it's impossibly difficult being at college. I just can't do any homework, I'm too busy, it's impossible.
    Me: You keep using that word - I do not think it means what you think it means.

LOVE!!! We are sending our oldest to college in the fall please tell me where you teach so we can send her to you! (She will get all of your Princess Bride Quotes)[/quote]

Haha I'm in south-west England, so might be a hell of a commute for you, but send her over! :D
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    dgoodie92 wrote: »

Too soon?

newbelgiumfattire6btl__41659.1347321909.1280.1280.jpg

That's my OJ!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Just one little chicken thigh for me (ok, ok... skin on :X) was 145 g=356 calories!!! It barely felt like anything.

Now I'm wondering how accurate that is. If it turns out I actually ate less calories than that, it will make me very happy.

At least I'm not the only one who didn't know which entry to use for chicken thighs.

I'm using this entry Chicken - Thigh, meat and skin, cooked, roasted, 1.5 cup, chopped or diced & calling it a day.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I am officially all moved out of the apartment I shared with my ex and In my new place. All I WANT to do is cry and eat cookies but I haven't done either. My confession: I am TOO proud of myself for not binging during this breakup. I usually eat my emotions but 51 days strong. Not a single cookie/slice of cheesecake/fried chicken. And been going through this breakup the whole time (: Yay me!!

You are awesome.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Someone mentioned a few pages back what it might feel like to be the person who started this EPIC thread, but I'm pretty sure that THIS post has been the one quoted the most. Anyone else notice that? Thought it was funny.

Funny thing is I have totally done that! LOL!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    clovelyday wrote: »
    I purposefully design all my meals so I can eat large portions for little calories. Despite losing a bajillion pounds, and maintaining the loss, I still need QUANITITY to feel full.

My guests are aghast when they see my big ol' jethro portions. (ie- huge bowls of air popped popcorn, 2 or 3 potatoes with my dinner, mountains of salad... etc)

Also, sometimes, when I am stressed, I still binge eat. Its very comforting to overeat, like wrapping up in a warm blanket.

Each binge session gets farther and farther apart, and I can usually somewhat balance the week to prevent weight gain. Its pretty infrequent now, but still happens sometimes.

Wait a minute, we can eat potatoes? What other cheat secrets am I missing out on?

@clovelyday You can eat anything you want, as long as it fits in your calories for the day. That's the ONLY secret.

This is not completely true for those who have diabetes, BP or cholesterol issues. Some things should be avoided or limited in this case.