Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

*snort*

I would've just spit out the bug. I am not a delicate spitter.

I confess, I've swallowed more than a couple of bugs in my lifetime. It's gross, but it's a fact of life when you run outside before sunrise.

Or biking, especially in a wooded area. Blech. Or they fuse to your eyeball (because you're too stubborn to wear sunglasses).

I was going down a particularly steep section of single-track trail and had to pass between two trees. I got a spider web across the face - and the spider came with it! It was on my eyelid and I had my eye shut but I could see the shadow of it moving across my eyelid. I couldn't stop where I was and somehow completed the hill with my eyes shut. I couldn't get it off my face fast enough once I hit flat open ground.

Did I mention I'm scared of spiders?

Yikes. The stinkbug in the shower this morning doesn't seem half as bad anymore.

I kept finding those little b@!$4!&$ in my hotel room in VA. Then just after I got home I found one in my house. I looked it up online to find it was a stink bug and found an article about how they haven't made it to the UK but there are fears about the effect on farming if they do. Must have snuck over in my suitcase. I was worried I was going to cause some kind of ecological disaster. I caught it and flushed it down the loo. Didn't find anymore, so hopefully was just a solo hitchhiker.

And daddy long legs/crane flies are totally harmless aren't they? They don't bother me, just kind of hover around. Moths are what I really hate.

I was going to say, I have NO IDEA what these are and I hope to keep it that way! So what are Horse Flies? Because they bite and I thought they were crane flies, so now I'm confused.

Crane flies are daddy long legs (to us at any rate), they don't bite. Horse flies definitely do. I was in Canada in June a couple of times last year and left totally covered in bites from them. Give me a daddy long legs over one of them any day of the week.

This is interesting: http://www.livescience.com/40069-daddy-longlegs.html?li_source=pm&li_medium=most-popular&li_campaign=related_test
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    My older kid has a very hard time not chatting in class. This has been ongoing for years, and we have tried so many things to help him with this impulse (it's part of his anxiety disorder). The other day he told me "I didn't talk all afternoon in class!" When I asked him how he did it, he said: "I pretended that it was against the rules". I had to stop myself from saying "are you effing kidding me?" and instead gently say "you know that it IS against the rules to talk all the time, right?"
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Talkradio wrote: »
    On the topic of bugs... I'm not exceptionally squeamish about bugs, but centipedes freak me the heck out. Many years ago, I was taking a shower at my parent's house (centipede central), and I thought there was a centipede on my leg. I thrashed around and fell out of the shower through the curtain.

Turns out, it was just a tangle of hair :(

Oh, that's funny! That is something I would do. I'm pretty sure that's how I'm going to die: either through injury trying to avoid bugs or when I'm older and can't move away quickly enough I'll die of a heart attack.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    When I was younger & my step dad first started to see my mom, a baby snake somehow got in their bed in our old apartment. I remember her telling us the next morning that he had felt something on his back & he flipped on the switch to find the baby snake in the bed. I don't think I would have been able to fall asleep ever again.

:o

I think I'd have to move.

And burn down the house.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession.... I am about 35 lbs less so far this year. 20lbs I've lost in April alone. In ApriI I cycled over 420 miles and I lift but I know I am not reaching my net calorie goals. But I haven't stalled yet. This isn't my first rodeo so until the stall happens I am staying the course. I will say I know my body well and I do eat extra on the weekends to make up for it and to keep my body 'guessing' with the constant change ups but ATM the pounds are falling off like one every other day. I commute to work so that's 19-20 miles per day I ride which is everyday weather allows..

Biking to work? That's awesome!
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    I ate 12 cups of (homemade) popcorn yesterday. With weighed out butter of course. I could not get past how delicious it was and made a second batch. I was dreaming of salted butter popcorn and my ocd brain couldn't focus on anything else. Ugh.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Holy crap I go away for the morning and come back to 7 pages! I can't handle it :(
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    My older kid has a very hard time not chatting in class. This has been ongoing for years, and we have tried so many things to help him with this impulse (it's part of his anxiety disorder). The other day he told me "I didn't talk all afternoon in class!" When I asked him how he did it, he said: "I pretended that it was against the rules". I had to stop myself from saying "are you effing kidding me?" and instead gently say "you know that it IS against the rules to talk all the time, right?"

I love this!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Holy crap I go away for the morning and come back to 7 pages! I can't handle it :(

This is how I feel almost every day! Today I am off but am going out for several hours soon and I am sure there will be lots of catching up to do when I get home! I dont even have time to ever check out other threads, lol that's ok though cuz this one is my favorite!
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member

Does your son have ADHD? It's terribly difficult for someone to focus that long on say a rule and not do it. I would say he did really really well. He probably had to keep that thought focused in his head the entire time.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member

This is how I feel almost every day! Today I am off but am going out for several hours soon and I am sure there will be lots of catching up to do when I get home! I dont even have time to ever check out other threads, lol that's ok though cuz this one is my favorite!

Haha I don't so much either, I browse and skim because, let's be honest, I like watching all the back and forth. But this one I typically try and stay on top of. I've just for once been super busy at work! :o
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    The Oreo thread makes me want Oreos.
    Oreos and milk .....
    th?id=JN.WLJqyc0ItuLNqBS%2byH1FIg&pid=15.1&w=93&h=107&p=0
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    bbontheb wrote: »

Does your son have ADHD? It's terribly difficult for someone to focus that long on say a rule and not do it. I would say he did really really well. He probably had to keep that thought focused in his head the entire time.

No, it's all down to anxiety. I know it seems strange, but in kids anxiety presents a lot like ADHD - trouble sitting still, excessive talking, impulsive behavior and along with that the anxious kids get panic attacks and obsessive thoughts. He did do really well and I'm hoping he can continue to try that technique, it was just a little frustrating to hear him put it like that since I have been intimately familiar with all his teachers and office staff for the last five years.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited May 2015
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession.... I am about 35 lbs less so far this year. 20lbs I've lost in April alone. In ApriI I cycled over 420 miles and I lift but I know I am not reaching my net calorie goals. But I haven't stalled yet. This isn't my first rodeo so until the stall happens I am staying the course. I will say I know my body well and I do eat extra on the weekends to make up for it and to keep my body 'guessing' with the constant change ups but ATM the pounds are falling off like one every other day. I commute to work so that's 19-20 miles per day I ride which is everyday weather allows..

Biking to work? That's awesome!

:):D Thanks! It's hard sometimes but I make myself do it. 7 miles to work, 12-13 back home (I have more time to stretch the ride out longer). Now I depend on it!
    In reality, it's about the only way I can squeeze in the exercise time. I am a single dad who has custody of my 9 year old so 'our' time between 5pm work & her 8:30pm bedtime is homework, dinner, shower, bed, laundry prep for the next day. If only my work day went nearly as fast as the evening time at home. lol
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member

LOL... I only post right here and in the monthly cycling thread. TBH I am not sure how I ended up here. Must have been a slow day at work last week and I went searching for something to occupy. It's worked! Haha
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

I'm going camping for the weekend. I doubt I'll ever catch up.

Also, I'm kinda stressing out over the fact there may be no cell service and I'll lost my log-in streak. I'm at 487 days and I want to make 500, dangit!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member

I'm going camping for the weekend. I doubt I'll ever catch up.

Also, I'm kinda stressing out over the fact there may be no cell service and I'll lost my log-in streak. I'm at 487 days and I want to make 500, dangit!

How many days are you going to be gone so I know not to remove you? :) LOL
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    81Katz wrote: »
    I really honestly feel bad for some of the question askers around here. Whoa, tough crowd.

I feel bad for some of them too, especially when it's someone that is new to the site. Some people just don't have the health/weight loss knowledge and are looking for real advice and people attack them...and then there are the idiots, so ya know.

Yeah. but my take on it is this. I did A LOT of reading on this site before I began contributing to the threads. I still haven't started a thread. People should learn the site, and the SEARCH FUNCTION, before posting about how they are going to do a cleanse for a jump start of their metabolism.

Same here, I read (and learned!) so much before I posted anything. The search feature is not utilized nearly enough in my opinion... Same questions pop up every day in new threads.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    spamarie wrote: »

...speaking of which --

http://allthesmallthingsminiatures.tumblr.com/post/27831810208/g00dbyel0ve-dollhouse-orange-pancakes-by

(...'portion control' taken to an extreme... ;) )

:)

I make dollhouse miniature food. I always joke it looks tasty AND it's zero calories. I'm so lame. :)
    :)

...not lame, spamarie -- practically accurate, is all (regarding the looks tasty and is zero calories)... :p

A: Hi... have you heard about the latest 'fad diet'...?

B: No... oh, my... what is it *this* time...?

A: It's called the Dollhouse Miniature Food Diet -- it's actually pretty cool!

B: What the...?

A: It's great!... you receive these tiny little meals in the mail (and they're so small that postage is practically nil!)... pop 'em in the microwave (*one* at a time, mind you!), and voila! -- instant 'meal'... :)

B: How many calories...?

A: So close to zero as to be practically non-existent!

B: Well, then... how the h&ll does the body glean requisite nutrition from such...?

A: Y'see, that's the beauty of it! -- You *also* receive a tiny version of a Harry Potter magic wand, to boot! -- To 'magically' 'anoint' said tiny meals with the nutrition that the body needs! -- and they even send a *magnifying glass*, so that you can *see* the food! It's brilliant!

B: Yeah... that's one word for it, I guess... (walks away muttering wt%, under B's breath...)

:p
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Talkradio wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

*snort*

I would've just spit out the bug. I am not a delicate spitter.

I was a bit of a tomboy my youth, and used to pride myself on my spitting skills.

It does drive me crazy that my husband (lifelong baseball player) spits everywhere, with little discretion. I hate, hate, hate it when he spits on the sidewalk, or right outside a building entrance.

I hate when people spit in public. I can sometimes having it be necessary (if you ate a bug, or you are doing a vigorous run or something) but it's gross. The gym I used to go to had an indoor track, and there was one guy who would just spit on the track. So disgusting. If you feel you must spit, at least use one of the garbage cans in each corner.