Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    cranor130 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm behind right now and missed this comment! Thank you, I appreciate it :) Yesterday I was walking around in a sweater even though it was pretty hot because I was embarrassed about my arms. Today I realized that was kind of dumb. How many people look at other people and think ''That girl has some weird arms!!!"?

Also I'm surprised by how many people think bubble tea is or sounds gross! Tapioca is delicious, I've always loved the pudding myself :tongue: I also love the texture. I admit, at first I thought I hated bubble tea when I got some in New York for the first time. I tried it again a couple years later in Montreal, a different flavor, and loved it. Now I've tried almost all of the milky varieties... now I'm craving it again.

I'm the same way with my arms. I'm so self conscious about them that I always wear long
    sleeves. My hoodie is my security blanket and I wear it even in the summer. I roast but I just hate having people see my arms.

I like the bubble tea too. To me it taste like gummy candies. I usually get a strawberry banana boba.

Don't roast my friends.
    I do not like my "wing span", and it was hard to not cover up at first. A few years back, I decided this is me, I don't care what people think, and I have been "hanging out" ever since. HAPPY BARE ARMS TO ALL! Laura

Not to criticize or be the grammar police, but without the comma I had to read this a couple times to see what you meant! Pretty funny without the comma.

I didn't even notice that. It is funny. I do appreciate what they meant to say though.

Me too! I didn't mean to discredit the post and I hope I did not offend the poster. They had a nice message.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    I thought I was super strong on my first couple of sets of squats today. Then I realised the plates were in lbs not kg!!

I did that the other day... thought my reps were going amazingly "this weight is too easy" well... then realized I'd put 5 lbs too little on the bar. This is what I get for working out at 6 AM, apparently not fully awake.
    Check their seasonal aisle as well, they're usually stocked there first at my local store.

Yeah. Thanks. I think. :p

My SO will find them even if I don't, he has an even worse sweet tooth than I do. While I'm standing there dithering over whether to buy two or three family size bags of M&Ms, he'll wander off in search of other goodies.
  • BZAH10
    ythannah wrote: »
    All these shoplifting confessions reminded me that I stole money from my parents a few times, just a random $20 here and there from the cash they kept in a drawer. That was one of the benefits of alcoholic parents, they could never rely on their memory. God only knows what I wanted the money for, I always had part-time jobs.

I also stole money from one of my employers as a teenager. By then I had left home and was supporting myself so I was also dirt poor most of the time... but could I have saved some money by giving up smoking? Noooo... I opted to steal instead. At least it never amounted to much, probably about $100 in total. But I am incredibly ashamed of that behaviour and the guilt has weighed on me for over 30 years.

But you officially just confessed to it, so the weight and the guilt should be gone now, I hope!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    All these shoplifting confessions reminded me that I stole money from my parents a few times, just a random $20 here and there from the cash they kept in a drawer. That was one of the benefits of alcoholic parents, they could never rely on their memory. God only knows what I wanted the money for, I always had part-time jobs.

I also stole money from one of my employers as a teenager. By then I had left home and was supporting myself so I was also dirt poor most of the time... but could I have saved some money by giving up smoking? Noooo... I opted to steal instead. At least it never amounted to much, probably about $100 in total. But I am incredibly ashamed of that behaviour and the guilt has weighed on me for over 30 years.

But you officially just confessed to it, so the weight and the guilt should be gone now, I hope!

Surprisingly, it does feel a bit better. It'll probably never be completely gone.

To give you an example, I still feel guilty about stealing (well, borrowing and forgetting to return) a couple of magazines from the school library when I was 8 YEARS OLD.
  • BZAH10
    Russandol wrote: »
    I was so flippant about my food baby/gain after that giant May Day brunch, thinking it'd go away in a few days. It hasn't. I'm STILL gaining, despite going back to normal (even more restricted than normal) eating. I'm up almost another pound in five days and it's doing my head in because I tend to let what I weigh in the morning dictate how I feel for the rest of the day. I've been angry at myself for a week now. (That on top of the work stress I'm buckling under is not helping. *sigh*)

Not worth it! Toss the scale or put it away for a while. Rely on measurements and how you feel in your clothes. That silly # on the scale should not dictate your day. Sorry about the work stress.
  • K8T80
    K8T80 Posts: 15 Member
    The other night I had a large bag of Combos and 2 Heath bars for dinner. Even worse? I actually threw the trash out the window while I was driving because I was too ashamed to throw it away at home and didn't want to stop to throw it out.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Are we confessing about weight loss stuff? If so....I kind of don't want to lose the weight because I like how big my boobs were getting.

If it's a free for all then... I steal from the grocrey store, often. Usually make-up and razors because that *kitten* is so unnecessarily expensive, I feel good about it, like I didn't let myself get taken by their ridiculous over inflation.
  • BZAH10
    Confession: I haven't been sleeping well lately. I am assuming this is due to my lack of exercise and stress at work. On Tuesday I couldn't sleep and it was day 10 of my Amish bread mixture fermenting. So I was up at 4:30 making Amish Bread muffins. I still made it to work by 7. This morning it is just past 3:30 a.m. and I am wide awake and catching up on this thread. I can count on one hand how many times I have had exercise in the past two weeks and I am very irritable about it. also TOM came with a vengeance and I have been stabby to everyone for two weeks now. I wish my office was open this early so I could get some stuff done without the phone always ringing.

2. Some days I wish I had more of a warehouse job so I could get my exercise in by just going to work. Also, so I wouldn't really have to think.

I think this way, too at times. Of course, I remind myself that a more physical job is harder to keep as you get older, so I stay where I am at my desk. But, ages ago when my kids were babies I cleaned houses 4 days a week and was a part-time nanny for a couple with 2 small children. I never had to work out separately. All that housework kept me more than active and in shape. Now I barely clean my own house and spend time working out instead. Sometimes I think I'm doing it backwards.
  • BZAH10
    festerw wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

*snort*

I would've just spit out the bug. I am not a delicate spitter.

I confess, I've swallowed more than a couple of bugs in my lifetime. It's gross, but it's a fact of life when you run outside before sunrise.

Or biking, especially in a wooded area. Blech. Or they fuse to your eyeball (because you're too stubborn to wear sunglasses).

I was going down a particularly steep section of single-track trail and had to pass between two trees. I got a spider web across the face - and the spider came with it! It was on my eyelid and I had my eye shut but I could see the shadow of it moving across my eyelid. I couldn't stop where I was and somehow completed the hill with my eyes shut. I couldn't get it off my face fast enough once I hit flat open ground.

Did I mention I'm scared of spiders?

Yikes. The stinkbug in the shower this morning doesn't seem half as bad anymore.

I kept finding those little b@!$4!&$ in my hotel room in VA. Then just after I got home I found one in my house. I looked it up online to find it was a stink bug and found an article about how they haven't made it to the UK but there are fears about the effect on farming if they do. Must have snuck over in my suitcase. I was worried I was going to cause some kind of ecological disaster. I caught it and flushed it down the loo. Didn't find anymore, so hopefully was just a solo hitchhiker.

And daddy long legs/crane flies are totally harmless aren't they? They don't bother me, just kind of hover around. Moths are what I really hate.

I was going to say, I have NO IDEA what these are and I hope to keep it that way! So what are Horse Flies? Because they bite and I thought they were crane flies, so now I'm confused.

Horse flies look like a regular house fly only about twice the size, still prefer those over deer flies though those little *kitten* can all die in a volcano.

ALL bugs should die in a volcano! Well, the creepy ones. Lady bugs, rolly pollys, butterfiles. We can keep those.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited May 2015
    Confession.... I am about 35 lbs less so far this year. 20lbs I've lost in April alone. In ApriI I cycled over 420 miles and I lift but I know I am not reaching my net calorie goals. But I haven't stalled yet. This isn't my first rodeo so until the stall happens I am staying the course. I will say I know my body well and I do eat extra on the weekends to make up for it and to keep my body 'guessing' with the constant change ups but ATM the pounds are falling off like one every other day. I commute to work so that's 19-20 miles per day I ride which is everyday weather allows..
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    I will only weigh myself nude, after I've used the loo. If i've gained, I won't log it. Only reductions get logged. Also the only reason i've managed to stick to my last 2 weeks of good eating and pretty intense exercise is the recent sight of a "friend" looking really lean and fit. I'm totally jealous and it fuels my hate fire! (but hey at least its working!) Also I wear the same exercise clothes several days on the trot (always clean underwear and socks though).

***and breathe***
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2015
    When I was younger & my step dad first started to see my mom, a baby snake somehow got in their bed in our old apartment. I remember her telling us the next morning that he had felt something on his back & he flipped on the switch to find the baby snake in the bed. I don't think I would have been able to fall asleep ever again.

Oh, man. I can't even imagine going to bed again or turning off the light. Horrible.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    it creeps me out that more people arent freaked out by casper the friendly ghost and the fact its a dead child
  • jdorman1973
    jdorman1973 Posts: 11 Member
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.
    I have to say WOW you are hard core...good for you!!!! I have the same scale, never thought to take it to the store...kinda cool.
  • m1xm0d3
    Russandol wrote: »
    I was so flippant about my food baby/gain after that giant May Day brunch, thinking it'd go away in a few days. It hasn't. I'm STILL gaining, despite going back to normal (even more restricted than normal) eating. I'm up almost another pound in five days and it's doing my head in because I tend to let what I weigh in the morning dictate how I feel for the rest of the day. I've been angry at myself for a week now. (That on top of the work stress I'm buckling under is not helping. *sigh*)

Not worth it! Toss the scale or put it away for a while. Rely on measurements and how you feel in your clothes. That silly # on the scale should not dictate your day. Sorry about the work stress.

Agreed. The scale can be great, or evil. Never depend on it though. I have to make myself NOT get on it sometimes.
  • BZAH10
    Some part of me feels that since I have cancer this dieting is all worthless and just making me unhappy.

I'm so sorry! I hope you are receiving treatment and that it works for you!
  • m1xm0d3
    edited May 2015
    I will only weigh myself nude, after I've used the loo. If i've gained, I won't log it. Only reductions get logged. Also the only reason i've managed to stick to my last 2 weeks of good eating and pretty intense exercise is the recent sight of a "friend" looking really lean and fit. I'm totally jealous and it fuels my hate fire! (but hey at least its working!) Also I wear the same exercise clothes several days on the trot (always clean underwear and socks though).

***and breathe***

I am the same way. I'd almost get jealous. But instead I would use it like you are. Any motivation is good motivation, as long as it doesn't consume you.

I also weigh myself in the same exact manner. Wake up, use the restroom and I weigh in my boxers. It's the only way to be the most accurate.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited May 2015
    Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! It was a fabulous day, and a terrific cheeseburger AND my boyfriend surprised me at dinner (he was supposed to be across the country! Just showed up and squeezed my shoulder.. my family was in on it :o:) )

So, I got to log a bit of "exercise"... as "dancing", last night... twice... and this morning... ;) which helped with the planned overage of calories from yesterday...

AND he brought me a sack of HUGE California avocados! So happy!! Great birthday o:)

Also - pre-logged my anticipated vodka consumption for this evening... because this party don't stop. (Off tomorrow, and going to a concert to dance my pants off... wooOO!!!!)

(Consolidated posts haha)

How awesome!!
  • BZAH10
    Confession: I stayed up way later than I should have finishing a book last night...but still got up at 5 to go to the gym, so at least there's that.

Taking a few days off from the gym while I was away definitely did me some good. Felt stronger lifting today!

That's great! I find this is the case for me at times, too.