Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.

I'll be happy when Fed Up is off Netflix. Every random yahoo who half paid attention to it getting lumped in with people who've been LC for years, as if we all say the same misguided crap they're spewing because also-ran Couric told them.

if you're looking for a good sugar-battle thread the "Four bags of Oreos" thread fits the bill!

The oreo thread fighting is making my day.

I confess, all the Oreo thread makes me want to do is eat Oreos.

I started reading this one...will finish later but I have to admit I would KILL my husband (if I had one) if he came home with that stuff. I can't have stuff like that in my house at all or I will eat it all. And yes, I have no will power. But I can't say that in there...I would be eviscerated. I was happy to see the guy I can't stand from all the nasty threads is in jail. :)
    I actually felt sorry for the OP in that post. She really loves her husband and wants him to live a long, healthy life, but everyone's telling her she's a controlling b i t c h for asking what she can do to help make that happen?? And I don't care what anyone says, it's not normal behaviour to come home with that quantity of Oreos.

Well. I bought 7 pints of Talenti gelato and um, probably $100 worth of Lindt chocolates when they were on sale. I guess it's not normal either...

Buying in bulk is okay. Eating in bulk is not. On that thread the OP said those 4 bags of Oreos would be gone in a week. Yeah. That's a bit excessive.

I was thinking just that.....I shop sale cycles so when something is on sale, I buy enough to last to when it is supposed to go on sale again....so if my son wanted oreos (I think they are gross), and they were on for under $2, I would buy him four bags perhaps, but that would be to last him until the next sale cycle several weeks or a couple months away......
  • Italian_Buju
    81Katz wrote: »
    I laugh because I don't have to send my 'kids' to college or buy them a car. ;)

In the meantime they're free labor, though. Even better, when they're really little, they think folding laundry and unloading the dishwasher is actually fun :p

I haven't cleaned a bathroom or ran the vacuum in 15 years (the oldest is 31) my two youngest are 15 and 16. I am going to miss them when they move out in a couple of years. I will have to pay for a cleaning service. The older children's SOs rave about their cooking and house keeping abilities. I told the kids when I was raising them, I was teaching them life skills. I lied, I just taught them to do the jobs I didn't like. ;)

Nice! I finally have a kid old enough to wash the dishes and it is amazing. I teach all my kids to put away their own dresser laundry (socks, underwear, pajamas), starting when they are about 3.Sure, it's not perfectly done, but who cares? It's just socks and pajamas. They can totally do it.

I tell my kids to put away their clothes too. Typically it ends up in piles on the floor. Seriously, I swear I'm the only one in this house who actually puts things away and cleans up after herself and it's driving me INSANE. They just drop crap all over the house all the time and NEVER pick it up. My house is a disaster zone but I just can't spend my whole days picking up after the kids, the husband, and the dog. Just can't, or I'd go crazy. Trying to let it go... but we almost have nobody over either because I'm so ashamed, being a stay at home mom and all... it's supposed to be my job, but I just lose it, seriously. They can trash the house in just 10 minutes.

That is SO annoying! Just because you don't work outside the home does not mean you are the full time maid! How old are your kids? Sometimes the only way they learn is by consequences. Dirty clothes on the floor and not in the laundry basket? No clean clothes for you. Same thing for hubby.

Maybe not allow them to watch TV or play or whatever until they spend 10 min. each cleaning up clutter and putting thing away? IDK but I hope you find something that works!

They're 7, and twins. I don't let them watch tv or play games on their tablet until they clean up this or that... but it doesn't matter. They don't even care, they find something else to do, and more messes to make. It's a losing battle, honestly, and my husband doesn't really help, unless we're having guests over, thankfully, then he'll help them clean... like 3 hours before people come over. I seriously flip out every time. Last time I just left the house and went to the gym because I was just losing it.

We're cleaning this week end before doing anything...

Bed and computer warfare (whichever is more irritating for them). If my husband goes on a long enough stretch of expecting maid service, I gather up all his stray crap from around the house and dump it on his computer desk and chair. For my son, it's in his bed, so he can't sleep until he deals with it. He also has a rule that if his room is not clean by bed Friday night, he's grounded from the time he gets up until it's clean, so if he does dump it all on the floor, it can't be for more than a few days.

I like that.

When I was a SAHM and my kids were little and at home , my partner and I shared the cleaning. But when the youngest started school I did consider it my job to clean the house. The kids were in school 7 hours a day, which meant I had the luxury of approx 35 hours per week to do pretty much what I liked (which is not a luxury I have now I work). I guess I though a few hours cleaning out of all those free hours was a small price to pay? But I don't think that anyone looking after a baby or preschooler should feel that cleaning the house is their job.

Yeah I kinda agree, but at the same time... there's a limit, I think. Like... hubby makes pop corn at night, leaves his dirty bowl and the popcorn maker on the kitchen counter. When he cooks he insists on using the cutting board (I just use a plate that I can put in the dishwasher after), but he'll never clean it up and just leave it there, even if he cut raw meat on it... If he uses the foreman grill he never cleans it after... Or I make dinner for when he gets home, and he won't even clear the table after he's done. There's a fine line between being a SAHM and a maid, for me. Frankly my job is much easier when he's away for work for a week. Plus this way I know he won't take the kids out for a bike ride when the house is a mess or something... It's exhausting to be the only one trying to enforce the 'cleaning before fun' thing..

Ok I don't want it to turn into a rant, I do recognize that I should be more on top of it and that I'm way too passive-aggressive about it but sometimes I'm just sick of doing it alone...

You must be a saint, that would drive me mad!
  • Italian_Buju
    AAAAAAACK! BUGSSSSSS! (frantically runs from thread) Please tell me when it's safe to come back. The bug on the eyeball just about did me in.

Come get me when it stops too, I am gonna go hide!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    edited May 2015
    I really screwed up quotes on a post I was about to make on my phone and am too lazy to go back and find them. So... re: shoplifting:

Guilty as well. I was a cashier in high school and when people would give me things the didn't want I would place them under the counter until the clerks would retrieve them and take them back to the appropriate department. Occasionally, these items such as nail polish and make up, would end up in my shoe or apron pocket. I am also guilty of taking advantage of the self checkouts. I would scan two items at once so the scanner only scans item but both items end up in the bag. I have also switched barcodes on products to pay a lower price.

As for movies - can quote Dirty Dancing from beginning to end.

This thread was really busy today. It is taking me longer than usual to catch up.

edited for spelling.
  • smashley_mashley
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    It's a very weird morning up here. Woke up to a snowstorm and a completely different government after over 40 years of the same party in power. Strange days, people.

The snow today sucks. I wore flip flops & capris yesterday, winter boots & jacket today. Good ol' Alberta :smiley:

my tulips look so depressed buried beneath the snow. Last year I thought it was crazy that the last snow fall was April 16th. This year, I hope this one is the last.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    I have also switched barcodes on products to pay a lower price.

Oh gawd, barcode switchers. This stuff is like fingernails down a blackboard. I hated barcode switchers. And then they'd get really aggressive when you busted them. Like dude, did you really think we wouldn't notice that the giant, $150 tree was only scanning up at $3.99?
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    misskarne wrote: »

Oh gawd, barcode switchers. This stuff is like fingernails down a blackboard. I hated barcode switchers. And then they'd get really aggressive when you busted them. Like dude, did you really think we wouldn't notice that the giant, $150 tree was only scanning up at $3.99?

An ex-boyfriend of mine worked at a K-mart when the Xbox 360 came out. The stock boys would put the system in a 24 pack Pepsi box and have a buddy ring them up... Pretty slick scheme until they got caught :p

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    All these shoplifting confessions reminded me that I stole money from my parents a few times, just a random $20 here and there from the cash they kept in a drawer. That was one of the benefits of alcoholic parents, they could never rely on their memory. God only knows what I wanted the money for, I always had part-time jobs.

I also stole money from one of my employers as a teenager. By then I had left home and was supporting myself so I was also dirt poor most of the time... but could I have saved some money by giving up smoking? Noooo... I opted to steal instead. At least it never amounted to much, probably about $100 in total. But I am incredibly ashamed of that behaviour and the guilt has weighed on me for over 30 years.

Hey, I hope this confession thread has absolved you of your guilt :)
  • smashley_mashley

You can't be that obvious with it- you are only asking to get caught. Once it was for a roasting pan. The label had fallen off so I grabbed the label for the smaller size and went through the self checkout.

Another time was for a bra. The bras were the same style and size but one was $5 more because it had more design and lace.

Then there was a time we bought an outdoor fire chimney. The bay where they were all kept was so disorganized and product was in the wrong spot. The one we wanted was $169 so we grabbed the $99 sticker off a different one and went through the regular checkout. Of course it came up at $169 but we argued with the clerk and the manager that the price was $99. The didn't believe us so we took the manager to the bay where they were located and explained that we had no idea what the right price was for which item because all the product was in the wrong spot and the sticker on the box said $99. We got it for $99.

• suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

• suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Ok, I give... WHY can't you eat peanut butter in moderation? Just asking...
  • angelo74
    angelo74 Posts: 24 Member
    I sometimes don't log all my sweets out of embarassment!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Why did I read the Oreo thread? Now I just want to stab them all.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member

You can't be that obvious with it- you are only asking to get caught. Once it was for a roasting pan. The label had fallen off so I grabbed the label for the smaller size and went through the self checkout.

Another time was for a bra. The bras were the same style and size but one was $5 more because it had more design and lace.

Then there was a time we bought an outdoor fire chimney. The bay where they were all kept was so disorganized and product was in the wrong spot. The one we wanted was $169 so we grabbed the $99 sticker off a different one and went through the regular checkout. Of course it came up at $169 but we argued with the clerk and the manager that the price was $99. The didn't believe us so we took the manager to the bay where they were located and explained that we had no idea what the right price was for which item because all the product was in the wrong spot and the sticker on the box said $99. We got it for $99.

This is supposed to be a non-judgemental thread, so I am just going to have to sit on my fingers about this one.

Let me put it another way to you: I have been the person you have treated like they were stupid. It's not nice, especially when I KNOW you're deliberately trying to rip us off.
  • Italian_Buju

This is supposed to be a non-judgemental thread, so I am just going to have to sit on my fingers about this one.

Let me put it another way to you: I have been the person you have treated like they were stupid. It's not nice, especially when I KNOW you're deliberately trying to rip us off.

I have to add, I have worked retail for 17+ years and do not understand why you are taking this personally......
  • Russandol
    Russandol Posts: 71 Member
    I was so flippant about my food baby/gain after that giant May Day brunch, thinking it'd go away in a few days. It hasn't. I'm STILL gaining, despite going back to normal (even more restricted than normal) eating. I'm up almost another pound in five days and it's doing my head in because I tend to let what I weigh in the morning dictate how I feel for the rest of the day. I've been angry at myself for a week now. (That on top of the work stress I'm buckling under is not helping. *sigh*)
  • javimendoza
    javimendoza Posts: 52 Member
    I like to check this discussion and I must confess that I only read the answers that have up to 4 lines or just 2 paragraphs
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    My co-worker in the next cube is sick...she has been coughing up a lung for 2 days. I told her "You shouldn't be here, go home!" but she just shrugged. Why do some people insist on coming to work & pumping out the germs???

(I don't want to be rude, but sorry, she's one of these quite large unhealthy people that will end up being sick for a month.)

Maybe I'll turn it into a positive & call in sick on Monday and blame it on her! (Assuming I don't, you know, ACTUALLY GET SICK)

Oops. I do that. Well, not often, because I only get a cold about once every two or three years... but I was raised to "suck it up and carry on" so I always think to myself "it's just a stupid head cold" and, as long as I feel well enough to work (which I always do), off I go.

I'm in a quiet, pretty isolated end of the building so I don't have a lot of coworker contact anyway.

And usually by the time I get to the audible coughing-up-a-lung stage I'm actually on the mend and feeling a whole lot better, so I couldn't justify staying home when I feel fine.

Guilty as well. I was brought up with "Unless you throw up in front of me or you are clearly dying, you will go to school" I can't get out of the habit. I once had two funerals in one day and I still went to uni in the morning. I got weird looks for turning up to uni in smart black clothes though...

Maybe it's a Brit thing? Lol. (I'm UK born)

Did much the same thing... two funerals -- both for young people and, sadly, suicides -- two days in a row, then went from the second funeral to testify at court for work. At least the smart black clothes weren't out of place.

Possibly. Stiff upper lip and all that. Lol.
  • smashley_mashley

No worries. I wouldn't take it personally. I would only do it with companies that I am not a big fan of that have tons of money but lack customer service. Such as WalMart and Canadian Tire. I would never have done such a thing to a boutique or independent business. There is a serious lack of customer service these days (self checkouts, uncaring staff, staff that have no product knowledge, etc). I don't do this anymore because if I was caught, I could lose my security clearance at work.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

Ewww that is nasty. Well done for getting out though! AND you carried on! Not only for the rest of the one lap, but all of them, you should be very proud of yourself! Please don't let it put you off though :disappointed: