Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I really honestly feel bad for some of the question askers around here. Whoa, tough crowd.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member

Quiksylver, have you been typing "Giant Cucumber Man" in your browser again? I thought you were going to stop doing that?![/quote]

Busted.... :#

Truly, I am trying to think what I last googled. I'm pretty sure it was "Wonder Woman pic." No idea how I ended up with Giant Cucumber Man.[/quote]

Well, you are a woman (me too) and that ad certainly is making us wonder!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    cranor130 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm behind right now and missed this comment! Thank you, I appreciate it :) Yesterday I was walking around in a sweater even though it was pretty hot because I was embarrassed about my arms. Today I realized that was kind of dumb. How many people look at other people and think ''That girl has some weird arms!!!"?

Also I'm surprised by how many people think bubble tea is or sounds gross! Tapioca is delicious, I've always loved the pudding myself :tongue: I also love the texture. I admit, at first I thought I hated bubble tea when I got some in New York for the first time. I tried it again a couple years later in Montreal, a different flavor, and loved it. Now I've tried almost all of the milky varieties... now I'm craving it again.

I'm the same way with my arms. I'm so self conscious about them that I always wear long
    sleeves. My hoodie is my security blanket and I wear it even in the summer. I roast but I just hate having people see my arms.

I like the bubble tea too. To me it taste like gummy candies. I usually get a strawberry banana boba.

Don't roast my friends.
    I do not like my "wing span", and it was hard to not cover up at first. A few years back, I decided this is me, I don't care what people think, and I have been "hanging out" ever since. HAPPY BARE ARMS TO ALL! Laura

Not to criticize or be the grammar police, but without the comma I had to read this a couple times to see what you meant! Pretty funny without the comma.

I didn't even notice that. It is funny. I do appreciate what they meant to say though.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

*snort*

I would've just spit out the bug. I am not a delicate spitter.

I confess, I've swallowed more than a couple of bugs in my lifetime. It's gross, but it's a fact of life when you run outside before sunrise.

Or biking, especially in a wooded area. Blech. Or they fuse to your eyeball (because you're too stubborn to wear sunglasses).

I was going down a particularly steep section of single-track trail and had to pass between two trees. I got a spider web across the face - and the spider came with it! It was on my eyelid and I had my eye shut but I could see the shadow of it moving across my eyelid. I couldn't stop where I was and somehow completed the hill with my eyes shut. I couldn't get it off my face fast enough once I hit flat open ground.

Did I mention I'm scared of spiders?

Yikes. The stinkbug in the shower this morning doesn't seem half as bad anymore.

I kept finding those little b@!$4!&$ in my hotel room in VA. Then just after I got home I found one in my house. I looked it up online to find it was a stink bug and found an article about how they haven't made it to the UK but there are fears about the effect on farming if they do. Must have snuck over in my suitcase. I was worried I was going to cause some kind of ecological disaster. I caught it and flushed it down the loo. Didn't find anymore, so hopefully was just a solo hitchhiker.

And daddy long legs/crane flies are totally harmless aren't they? They don't bother me, just kind of hover around. Moths are what I really hate.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    And daddy long legs/crane flies are totally harmless aren't they? They don't bother me, just kind of hover around. Moths are what I really hate.
    Yup, adult crane flies can't eat and babies eat decaying organic matter.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

*snort*

I confess, I've swallowed more than a couple of bugs in my lifetime. It's gross, but it's a fact of life when you run outside before sunrise.

Or biking, especially in a wooded area. Blech. Or they fuse to your eyeball (because you're too stubborn to wear sunglasses).

I was going down a particularly steep section of single-track trail and had to pass between two trees. I got a spider web across the face - and the spider came with it! It was on my eyelid and I had my eye shut but I could see the shadow of it moving across my eyelid. I couldn't stop where I was and somehow completed the hill with my eyes shut. I couldn't get it off my face fast enough once I hit flat open ground.

Yikes. The stinkbug in the shower this morning doesn't seem half as bad anymore.

I kept finding those little b@!$4!&$ in my hotel room in VA. Then just after I got home I found one in my house. I looked it up online to find it was a stink bug and found an article about how they haven't made it to the UK but there are fears about the effect on farming if they do. Must have snuck over in my suitcase. I was worried I was going to cause some kind of ecological disaster. I caught it and flushed it down the loo. Didn't find anymore, so hopefully was just a solo hitchhiker.

Haha that's pretty awesome for the bug.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BTW does DH mean Dear Husband?

There are so many abbreviated things on this website I have no idea what people mean half the time
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Reading the random threads on this site makes me feel like I am the only person who doesn't weigh everything they eat but still loses weight when I log. I'm terrified to weigh everything I eat cause I feel like I'll get obsessed
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Reading the random threads on this site makes me feel like I am the only person who doesn't weigh everything they eat but still loses weight when I log. I'm terrified to weigh everything I eat cause I feel like I'll get obsessed

You are not alone. :)
  • Francl27

Nah I didn't at first either, but once I realized I could eat what I wanted in moderation, I needed the scale to make sure my portions were indeed reasonable... plus it was less stressful for me not to have to guess and wonder if I was really under my calories etc. But people got to do what works for them!

Confession - I get excited on days I pee a lot because it means I will have lost weight the next day.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member

*snort*

I'd never seen or heard of stink bugs either until I moved to Virginia! Then after three years I move back to Ohio and they're here too!! Stupid bugs...and stupid VA- gorgeous state but I was not a fan of living there.
  • CarynCharB
    CarynCharB Posts: 215 Member
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

DO IT! It was the best thing I've ever done for myself!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member

I do weigh, but not obsessively. I don't check the weights of pre-packaged items, eggs etc either. Often I'll use measuring cups because near enough is good enough. I figure if I stop losing, I'll tighten up the weighing.
  • CarynCharB
    CarynCharB Posts: 215 Member
    edited May 2015
    Confession - I get excited on days I pee a lot because it means I will have lost weight the next day.[/quote]

I like to weigh after a big poop!! :blush:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    ...and I swear, when I read the word "cleanse" -- in the context of non-eating 'eating' ;) -- all I can think is, "diarrhea as a weight loss 'method'... hmmm..." --

Don't knock it, it works. I was on hardcore antibiotics for two weeks last summer (several days via IV) and lost 5 lbs. I swear I absorbed NOTHING during that time, everything went straight through.

That tapeworm thing was pretty gross...
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    I just had an amazing heirloom tomato with fresh basil and salt and now I feel like a human who's eaten fairy food and then can't go back to eating human food because it tastes like ash by comparison. I seriously don't know how I'm going to eat anything else today. It was a really, really good tomato, okay?

Also, it makes me really uncomfortable when straight guys seem interested in me or flirt with me or anything. Not their fault (as long as they're being polite). It's really ironic. Straight guys like Absynthe who likes straight girls. Oh well.
  • Francl27
    ...and I swear, when I read the word "cleanse" -- in the context of non-eating 'eating' ;) -- all I can think is, "diarrhea as a weight loss 'method'... hmmm..." --

Don't knock it, it works. I was on hardcore antibiotics for two weeks last summer (several days via IV) and lost 5 lbs. I swear I absorbed NOTHING during that time, everything went straight through.

That tapeworm thing was pretty gross...

Haha I lost 3 pounds from a stomach bug and never gained it back. Tapeworm though... ew.
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

I do weigh, but not obsessively. I don't check the weights of pre-packaged items, eggs etc either. Often I'll use measuring cups because near enough is good enough. I figure if I stop losing, I'll tighten up the weighing.

Yeah I just had a panic attack because I read that thread (http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10155899/what-surprises-have-you-found-about-foods-you-didnt-realize-before-logging) and people were talking about how they were surprised to find that a serving of eggs or nuts isn't the amount of calories they thought it was. Like obviously I know that not every egg is around 70 calories but now I'm feeling the need to weigh every item I put in my mouth or to just give up -_-

I hate when my brain gets obsessive. I've wanted to quit this site so many times but I'm terrified of gaining weight. Even though it's not like being on this site has stopped me from gaining weight in the past three years lol. #losingmymind
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BTW does DH mean Dear Husband?

There are so many abbreviated things on this website I have no idea what people mean half the time

Ditto. I've been wondering about that one for a while figured I'd ask.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    I over eat & then run to the gym and Burn off 1400 calories. I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hugs*