Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    There was a spider in my bathtub this morning. I washed it down the drain and now I feel guilty. I am scared of spiders and they gross me out, but I still feel bad if I kill them.

Now every tickle I feel I'm convinced the spider (or its friends) has come to get its revenge.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    & I eat popcorn with chopsticks :) lasts longer, much longer

That's awesome! My new weight loss plan is to eat all my food with chopsticks because half of it won't make it to my mouth! Lol!

Yeah totally- I thought I should test the weirdness waters with the popcorn confession, but I often eat with chopsticks for self pacing... only around people who know and accept my weirdness though :D (or on my lonesome)

My other weapon of choice is the mighty teaspoon.

I never can fully enjoy food by knife and fork. I'll just be there thinking about how I miss my spoons and sticks

Ah, but there are no weirdness waters in this thread. :) Or it's all such a cascade of weirdness that one mere drop will never stand out.

I'm envious of your ability to use chopsticks. I've never been able to master the skill, as manual dexterity is not my strong suit.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    clovelyday wrote: »
    I purposefully design all my meals so I can eat large portions for little calories. Despite losing a bajillion pounds, and maintaining the loss, I still need QUANITITY to feel full.

My guests are aghast when they see my big ol' jethro portions. (ie- huge bowls of air popped popcorn, 2 or 3 potatoes with my dinner, mountains of salad... etc)

Also, sometimes, when I am stressed, I still binge eat. Its very comforting to overeat, like wrapping up in a warm blanket.

Each binge session gets farther and farther apart, and I can usually somewhat balance the week to prevent weight gain. Its pretty infrequent now, but still happens sometimes.

Wait a minute, we can eat potatoes? What other cheat secrets am I missing out on?

@clovelyday You can eat anything you want, as long as it fits in your calories for the day. That's the ONLY secret.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    Yeah so my mother was complaining about her weight then asking me for advice because her doctor says she has to lose.
    So I told her about CICO and mfp. I explained to her also that any exercise at this point would help her even if its taking small walks. Anyways I really stressed counting her calories and using mfp.

What does she do... she got on facebook looked up the mfp facebook paged like it an then shared a bunch of quotes from it.

But shes not made an actual account or took any steps in the right direction.

I feel your frustration because my dad complains to me about his weight and asks for advice but then refuses to even try any of my suggestions. He has no concept of portion control and doesn't realize how much he snacks during the day, but whenever I mention measuring/weighing food or doing some kind of logging, his eyes glaze over. I realize that he needs to come around to the realities of his eating habits in his own time, but I can't help but get annoyed when he complains to me that the scale isn't budging.

When I take those days off I always say I'm "taking a swim in Lake Me".

Love this! I'm totally using it :)
    This morning, I couldn't help myself - I had to get on the scale to assess the damage. The scale says I gained 7 lbs in 2 days. Logically, I know that's not possible. That doesn't stop me from wanting to do something extreme to lose it.

Ugh, water weight is the bane of my existence. Until now, I've been weighing myself daily - curiosity gets the best of me - but the fluctuations are starting to get to me (probably because I'm thisclose to being down in the 100s for the first time in probably a decade). This week, I'm forcing myself to weigh in just once on Sunday because I'm tired of feeling like crap when the scale doesn't tell me what I want it to.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    There was a spider in my bathtub this morning. I washed it down the drain and now I feel guilty. I am scared of spiders and they gross me out, but I still feel bad if I kill them.

Now every tickle I feel I'm convinced the spider (or its friends) has come to get its revenge.

It's only dead/gone if you flushed it down with a lot of water.

The downstairs bathtub attracts the most humongous spiders and I've washed them down the drain only to watch them crawl back up again... repeatedly.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I am all caught up from this weekends posts. My, you all have been chatty. :smile:

Confession: I found out last Sunday (as in on Easter) that my 19 year old step-daughter is pregnant, which means I am going to be a grandma at 35!!! I have been really struggling with this fact and didn't handle the news in the best way. I even drove 2 hours to tell my best friend the news. She, even though she teased my relentlessly, made me feel much better about the whole situation.

We even came up with a cute name for the baby to call me...MoNana. : B)

Whoa! That's big news. For what it's worth, I think that having young grandparents is really enviable. Three of my grandparents died either before I was born or when I was quite young.

I am starting to become more comfortable with the idea of being a young grandparent. I will have the opportunity to do things with my grandkid(s) that my grandma never was. Plus, I'm going to be a super buff, sexy grandma. My husband called me sexy Grandma last nigh. He's such a jerk. ;)

And it's your step-daughter, so that doesn't count toward your age! My step-daughter is 24 (no kids yet, thank goodness), but had she gotten pregnant at 18 or 19, I totally would not have been ready to be a "grandma." BTW, I have decided I am gonna be Grammy Tami. ;)
  • lakersfan89
    lakersfan89 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am officially all moved out of the apartment I shared with my ex and In my new place. All I WANT to do is cry and eat cookies but I haven't done either. My confession: I am TOO proud of myself for not binging during this breakup. I usually eat my emotions but 51 days strong. Not a single cookie/slice of cheesecake/fried chicken. And been going through this breakup the whole time (: Yay me!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

I'm in Canada and I've never heard of any of them either. But I don't have kids and my friends' kids are all adults now, so that may partially explain it.

Most of these are adult games,not kid games. My kid can just happen to play one of them.

There is a whole world of board games beyond monopoly and other dreck. Target has been carrying more of them lately too!
    BTW, there ia only one "E" in "judgment."

No. There is more than one 'e' in judgement. But Americans removed it for reasons of their own.
    I find it very annoying when Americans 'correct' English spellings of English words.

*Insert 'like' button here* particularly changing 's' to 'z'. And I despise Microsoft Word for telling me its wrong. If I handed in my dissertation with all of Words corrections I would have FAILED.

Haha I'm sorry I can't help but giggle at this. My boyfriend is English and lives in the UK and we're constantly joking we need to write an English English to American English dictionary :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ate and drank WAY too much.
  • ShibaEars
    Options

The downstairs bathtub attracts the most humongous spiders and I've washed them down the drain only to watch them crawl back up again... repeatedly.

I sent it on its way before I got in the shower, so it should be gone for sure.
  • K4Kapil
    K4Kapil Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i have been eating a lot of food that isnt good for my health...including oily stuff
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »

I'm in Canada and I've never heard of any of them either. But I don't have kids and my friends' kids are all adults now, so that may partially explain it.

Most of these are adult games,not kid games. My kid can just happen to play one of them.

There is a whole world of board games beyond monopoly and other dreck. Target has been carrying more of them lately too!
    BTW, there ia only one "E" in "judgment."

No. There is more than one 'e' in judgement. But Americans removed it for reasons of their own.
    I find it very annoying when Americans 'correct' English spellings of English words.

*Insert 'like' button here* particularly changing 's' to 'z'. And I despise Microsoft Word for telling me its wrong. If I handed in my dissertation with all of Words corrections I would have FAILED.

Oh, stop the complaining, Loiz.

(Just kidding.)
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    Yeah so my mother was complaining about her weight then asking me for advice because her doctor says she has to lose.
    So I told her about CICO and mfp. I explained to her also that any exercise at this point would help her even if its taking small walks. Anyways I really stressed counting her calories and using mfp.

What does she do... she got on facebook looked up the mfp facebook paged like it an then shared a bunch of quotes from it.

But shes not made an actual account or took any steps in the right direction.

I feel your frustration because my dad complains to me about his weight and asks for advice but then refuses to even try any of my suggestions. He has no concept of portion control and doesn't realize how much he snacks during the day, but whenever I mention measuring/weighing food or doing some kind of logging, his eyes glaze over. I realize that he needs to come around to the realities of his eating habits in his own time, but I can't help but get annoyed when he complains to me that the scale isn't budging.

My mom complains about her weight too. I've offered suggestions, but counting calories is "too hard" so she repeatedly goes back to Ideal Protein or Jenny Craig (or whatever company advertises quick weight loss). Of course she loses the weight, but she usually ends up putting it back on in within 6 months to a year.

Unfortunately I'm not a good example of CICO because I can't lose weight or keep it off either.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I am all caught up from this weekends posts. My, you all have been chatty. :smile:

Confession: I found out last Sunday (as in on Easter) that my 19 year old step-daughter is pregnant, which means I am going to be a grandma at 35!!! I have been really struggling with this fact and didn't handle the news in the best way. I even drove 2 hours to tell my best friend the news. She, even though she teased my relentlessly, made me feel much better about the whole situation.

Whoa! That's big news. For what it's worth, I think that having young grandparents is really enviable. Three of my grandparents died either before I was born or when I was quite young.

I am starting to become more comfortable with the idea of being a young grandparent. I will have the opportunity to do things with my grandkid(s) that my grandma never was. Plus, I'm going to be a super buff, sexy grandma. My husband called me sexy Grandma last nigh. He's such a jerk. ;)

Yeah! MoNana on rollercoasters with the grandkids! I like it.

No rollercoasters for me, but roller skating, bike riding, horseback riding, count this MoNana IN!!!

Confession: I just added "MoNana" to my dictionary so it wouldn't be unlined in that annoying red squiggly line.

• MoHousdon
    Options

And it's your step-daughter, so that doesn't count toward your age! My step-daughter is 24 (no kids yet, thank goodness), but had she gotten pregnant at 18 or 19, I totally would not have been ready to be a "grandma." BTW, I have decided I am gonna be Grammy Tami. ;)

ADORABLE!!!

• MoHousdon
    Options

THIS is my nightmare!

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Thank you. I'll figure it all out eventually.

Storms from a distance are fascinating to me. Up close? No thank you. I live in an area where we get hail storms frequently in the summer. There's really nothing worse than getting your vehicle dinged to hell and then just driving it that way because 90% of the rest of the city is in the same boat. Then again, I'm unusually attached to my truck. Sometimes I like it better than people. Okay, most of the time I do.

I LOVE my car (seriously love...I've wanted that car since I was a teen). I live in an area where it hails a lot too. Last year was pretty bad. I'm the weirdo outside covering my car with sleeping bags (and anything else I can find) to protect my car during a hail storm. So far it has worked...

Not weird at all! We do the same thing. I keep a few blankets in my truck just for this very purpose. Unfortunately, when it's is hailing the wind usually accompanies it so sometimes covering the vehicle is hard. Usually it's just a mad dash for the nearest carport, awning, covered parking, etc. (whether we are entitled to it or not!). Last year I was caught in a downpour and hail storm right when I was headed to the gym. I pulled under the covered front entrance to the post office until the storm past. Federal property and all. Pretty sure that was a no-no, but no one was about to come out in the hail to say anything.
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Am now officially creeped out...
  • quiksylver296
    Options

ADORABLE!!!

MoNana is too awesome! Now I wish I could do something more superhero sounding. :p
  • clewpage
    clewpage Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I bought a TON of clearance Easter candy, then ate a bunch of it this weekend.
    My sweet tooth is out of control lately, and my summer pants are all too tight, so I've decided to re-do Phase 1 of the south beach diet after 10 years in maintenance.