Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    My confession is that I loathe the word shoplifting. It's like they're trying to find a cutesy way to say "I'm a rotten little thief", but oh no, we can't call teens thieves, we can't tell them the truth that they're stealing and acting like criminals, we'll dress it up in some cutesy phrase so that subconsciously we teach them their behaviour is okay because they're just teenagers aww how cute!

I worked in retail for a number of years. Thieves infuriate me, and so many of the teens we busted didn't even care, because they knew they'd get a slap on the wrist (if anything) from the courts/their parents, and they got to go round bragging to all their friends about how cool they were for shoplifting. ARRRRRGH.

My favorites are the people who steal stuff & then try to return the items to get a gift card or money.

Years ago we had a guy at Wal-Mart that we caught that was fishing receipts out of the trash right outside the store, then he would come in with a cart, fill it up full of the exact stuff on the receipt and come up to the customer service desk and return it for CASH!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession I work in retail & cannot believe how many people send money to countries like Nigeria, Ghana, United Kingdom, etc.

WHAT? People send US money? Cause as far as I can tell, the UK seems to be propping up the rest of the world with our F**KING taxes. Someone released the list of how much money is donated to what country and I sat there thinking "Well no wonder the NHS is going down the tank, all our money is going to someone else's fracking health care!" Rant over. Have a nice day :smile:

I work at a place that does Western Union too.....they are not sending it to the country per se, they are sending it to people scamming them out of their money.....I always ask 3000 question when someone sends to a country they do not seem to be affiliated with......

I can always tell when someone is going to send to another country when they have all the info wrote down. It's sad, but in this day & age there's so many TV specials, internet stories, & newspaper articles about these scams that you would think people would wise up.

Some people just want so desperately to believe it is true. Last year I had an elderly woman and her son come in claiming they had won a million dollars and had to send money for fees so their money could be released. It took me well over an hour to even get her to doubt it was true. I had someone from Western Union talk to her on the phone and explain what was happening. I told her if she won money it would never cost her money to get it etc. Even after three of us talking to her for that long, at the end, she still kept saying she was hopeful it was true.

That is absolutely heartbreaking. OMG I think I would have had to get someone else to do it while I cry in the corner.
  • PhatPat2be
    PhatPat2be Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Reading "The Simple Diet" by James Anderson & Nancy Gustafson. I am all about simple. :wink:
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

*snort*

I would've just spit out the bug. I am not a delicate spitter.

I confess, I've swallowed more than a couple of bugs in my lifetime. It's gross, but it's a fact of life when you run outside before sunrise.

Or biking, especially in a wooded area. Blech. Or they fuse to your eyeball (because you're too stubborn to wear sunglasses).

I was going down a particularly steep section of single-track trail and had to pass between two trees. I got a spider web across the face - and the spider came with it! It was on my eyelid and I had my eye shut but I could see the shadow of it moving across my eyelid. I couldn't stop where I was and somehow completed the hill with my eyes shut. I couldn't get it off my face fast enough once I hit flat open ground.

Did I mention I'm scared of spiders?

Yikes. The stinkbug in the shower this morning doesn't seem half as bad anymore.

I kept finding those little b@!$4!&$ in my hotel room in VA. Then just after I got home I found one in my house. I looked it up online to find it was a stink bug and found an article about how they haven't made it to the UK but there are fears about the effect on farming if they do. Must have snuck over in my suitcase. I was worried I was going to cause some kind of ecological disaster. I caught it and flushed it down the loo. Didn't find anymore, so hopefully was just a solo hitchhiker.

And daddy long legs/crane flies are totally harmless aren't they? They don't bother me, just kind of hover around. Moths are what I really hate.

I was going to say, I have NO IDEA what these are and I hope to keep it that way! So what are Horse Flies? Because they bite and I thought they were crane flies, so now I'm confused.

Crane flies are daddy long legs (to us at any rate), they don't bite. Horse flies definitely do. I was in Canada in June a couple of times last year and left totally covered in bites from them. Give me a daddy long legs over one of them any day of the week.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

...speaking of which --

http://allthesmallthingsminiatures.tumblr.com/post/27831810208/g00dbyel0ve-dollhouse-orange-pancakes-by

(...'portion control' taken to an extreme... ;) )

:)

I make dollhouse miniature food. I always joke it looks tasty AND it's zero calories. I'm so lame. :)

Miniatures fascinate me. I used to collect them in my younger days.

Upon further reflection, that probably should be something I pursue again... they would take up far less space than the stuff I currently accumulate!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

...speaking of which --

http://allthesmallthingsminiatures.tumblr.com/post/27831810208/g00dbyel0ve-dollhouse-orange-pancakes-by

I make dollhouse miniature food. I always joke it looks tasty AND it's zero calories. I'm so lame. :)

That stuff is adorable.

I just can't help thinking of all those MFP recipes that pop up on my Facebook feed though... Like last night's cheese and zucchini quesadilla, 'less than 200 calories a serving'! A serving is half a quesadilla, I'm like, are you kidding me? A serving of something that is considered a meal should fill me up more than 30 minutes... Heck everything can be less than 200 calories a serving if you make it a tiny portion!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I had a taste of a handful of granola cereal last night. then i returned to the kitchen for another handful. then another handful and then i looked at the box and said FCK IT and just poured myself a bowl of cereal with lactaid milk....then i poured myself 2 more bowls of this granola cereal and it was delicious. the inner beast has been awoken...then i ate a small bag of lays....then an apple...then a small bag of cheetos. Then went to bed feeling satiated!!! Hadn't felt full in a while...woke up today feeling a bit nauseas with minor headache. Didn't eat breakfast because I felt all bloated...then finally at 1pm i eat a 7/11 prepackaged 110 calorie salad with no dressing. It's my favorite packaged salad from 7/11 but then i find a dead lady bug at the bottom of my salad....I am disappointed at the find and open the small bag of croutons the salad comes with and eat my sorrows.

Granola is a tough one for me too. Same with trail mix. All that little salty/sweet mixed up goodness. I .. can't .. stop .. once I get going, so I don't buy it (anymore, usually, it's rare now a days)

One trigger food can totally unleash the beast in me and it sets into motion a train reaction of devastation.
    It sucks!

If you like the sweet/salty mix you might want to try this: Goldfish, Honey Nut Cheerios, and Craisins. I make a big bowl of it and portion it out into baggies. My whole family LOVES it! It is a great school snack for my 7 y.o. and it travels well! Maybe I should have trademarked this before telling everyone!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

*snort*

I would've just spit out the bug. I am not a delicate spitter.

I confess, I've swallowed more than a couple of bugs in my lifetime. It's gross, but it's a fact of life when you run outside before sunrise.

Or biking, especially in a wooded area. Blech. Or they fuse to your eyeball (because you're too stubborn to wear sunglasses).

I was going down a particularly steep section of single-track trail and had to pass between two trees. I got a spider web across the face - and the spider came with it! It was on my eyelid and I had my eye shut but I could see the shadow of it moving across my eyelid. I couldn't stop where I was and somehow completed the hill with my eyes shut. I couldn't get it off my face fast enough once I hit flat open ground.

Did I mention I'm scared of spiders?

Yikes. The stinkbug in the shower this morning doesn't seem half as bad anymore.

I kept finding those little b@!$4!&$ in my hotel room in VA. Then just after I got home I found one in my house. I looked it up online to find it was a stink bug and found an article about how they haven't made it to the UK but there are fears about the effect on farming if they do. Must have snuck over in my suitcase. I was worried I was going to cause some kind of ecological disaster. I caught it and flushed it down the loo. Didn't find anymore, so hopefully was just a solo hitchhiker.

And daddy long legs/crane flies are totally harmless aren't they? They don't bother me, just kind of hover around. Moths are what I really hate.

I was going to say, I have NO IDEA what these are and I hope to keep it that way! So what are Horse Flies? Because they bite and I thought they were crane flies, so now I'm confused.

Crane flies are daddy long legs (to us at any rate), they don't bite. Horse flies definitely do. I was in Canada in June a couple of times last year and left totally covered in bites from them. Give me a daddy long legs over one of them any day of the week.

Yea I googled Horse Flies so I now know what I'm killing this summer. I've seen those before and normally brush them off, not this year sunshine! :naughty:
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Confession I work in retail & cannot believe how many people send money to countries like Nigeria, Ghana, United Kingdom, etc.

WHAT? People send US money? Cause as far as I can tell, the UK seems to be propping up the rest of the world with our F**KING taxes. Someone released the list of how much money is donated to what country and I sat there thinking "Well no wonder the NHS is going down the tank, all our money is going to someone else's fracking health care!" Rant over. Have a nice day :smile:

Hope you voted today! I certainly did.
  • sparkynazca
    sparkynazca Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Some part of me feels that since I have cancer this dieting is all worthless and just making me unhappy.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

...speaking of which --

Miniatures fascinate me. I used to collect them in my younger days.

Upon further reflection, that probably should be something I pursue again... they would take up far less space than the stuff I currently accumulate!

It's not a difficult thing to get into. I use polymer clay which cures in any normal oven. It takes practice, but you can end up with some cool stuff. I don't know how to put an image in this thread and I'm wary of posting links of stuff I've made in case it breaks some terms of use (I sell my miniatures). Seriously though, great hobby because your hands are busy and you cannot graze on real food while you're making stuff!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Why did I read the Oreo thread? Now I just want to stab them all.

The posters or the oreos?

Watermelon Oreo season is almost upon us. This delectable treat is found at Target stores, sorry Canada, even though you're half French, you didn't take to the French Superstore.

After Watermelon Oreo season comes Candy Corn Oreo Season.

It's going to be a sweet summer and fall :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I need clarification on the "bags". Are they the little bags of the mini Oreos, or is she talking the legit packages of regular sized Oreos?
  • kellienw335
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BTW does DH mean Dear Husband?

Yes, and it's overused and I'm a little tired of it! DH, DD (daughter), DS (son)...you get the idea.

I always read it as Dam* Husband, lol!

From now on that's how I'll read it!!! Thanks!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I need clarification on the "bags". Are they the little bags of the mini Oreos, or is she talking the legit packages of regular sized Oreos?

I think she's talking full-sized packages...
  • kellienw335
    Options
    I really honestly feel bad for some of the question askers around here. Whoa, tough crowd.

I feel bad for some of them too, especially when it's someone that is new to the site. Some people just don't have the health/weight loss knowledge and are looking for real advice and people attack them...and then there are the idiots, so ya know.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Some part of me feels that since I have cancer this dieting is all worthless and just making me unhappy.

I'm sorry you are going through this.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I really honestly feel bad for some of the question askers around here. Whoa, tough crowd.

I feel bad for some of them too, especially when it's someone that is new to the site. Some people just don't have the health/weight loss knowledge and are looking for real advice and people attack them...and then there are the idiots, so ya know.

Yeah. but my take on it is this. I did A LOT of reading on this site before I began contributing to the threads. I still haven't started a thread. People should learn the site, and the SEARCH FUNCTION, before posting about how they are going to do a cleanse for a jump start of their metabolism.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options

Yeah. but my take on it is this. I did A LOT of reading on this site before I began contributing to the threads. I still haven't started a thread. People should learn the site, and the SEARCH FUNCTION, before posting about how they are going to do a cleanse for a jump start of their metabolism.

Agreed. I wouldn't ask a 'help me' question here. No way! Other than my hard boiled egg question I asked on this thread. lol
    I agree about searching first. Search the millions of "why am I not loosing" threads. 99% of the answers are the same.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry! ((((BIG hug))))