Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Regional Fare

These are the struggles I face every day.

Also
    I buy Monster drinks by the case. I have one a day. When I went to buy my case this last time, at the same store I always buy them at, the cashier said something like "those are gonna kill ya." I laughed it off and said, "everybody is gonna die somehow. This is my vice." He seriously started to lecture me on how bad they are. All I could think was, "Well, I know what is gonna kill you. ME!"

I don't think cashiers should make any type of judgmental comment on anything anyone is buying. None of their business.

I could bore you with a terrible food purchasing story and my 2 month fight with distributing Monster drinks. just saying.

Tell me more...as I take a long, satisfying drink from my ice cold Monster Ultra Zero

BLARGH. 2 months ago one of the bars I buy food and alcohol for decided they want energy drink offerings. Our new coca-cola contract prohibits the way we can serve and market that we have red bull, making it totally not worth even having the product, and I know I know, we're like 10 years late on the energy drink and vodka craze.

Monster was distributed by Budweiser up until 2-3 weeks ago, so I've just been in nightmare limbo trying to get product from Coca-Cola now that they're the owner of distributing rights.

Because you know, my outlet managers can't just buy the monster everyone buys, they want super small bottles because they're more aesthetically similar to Red Bull. *eyeroll*

You're right. That was boring. ;)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,557 Member
    Options
    I dropped a football helmet on my head at work today.

The irony (and the lump) were palpable.

Not judging, but totally laughing!

Yes, my team lead laughed at me too. Apparently, the helmets are not actually farking fastened inside the open fronted boxes they come in, so when someone (me for example) attempts to place them on a shelf above their head, said helmet falls out.

Did you know football helmets are surprisingly heavy?

Oh and it totally fell to the ground from a good twelve feet up after impacting my skull. I put it back in the box to sell.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Okay, I've been super busy today and while I think I've caught up for the weekend I didn't get to respond to a bunch of posts I would have like to! Anyway, how are the shoulder workouts going? You do realize that once we've mastered that we're going to add on, right? I'm thinking we need to start with planks: no equipment required and can be done while on the floor either before or after shoulders / arms. Thoughts?

I'm cool with anything except crunches. No crunches... even though they require no equipment and can be done on the floor.
    paulaviki wrote: »
    My confession today is that I chew the skin around my nails on my fingers, when I'm not chewing them I pick them. It looks gross and it hurts but I can't stop doing it. I'm nearly 33 and have been doing it since I was about 11. Every now and again I stop it but then I always start up again. Nasty habit! :(

I pick mine. Chewing is a last resort. I've been doing this since I was around 15 and I'm 51 now. My poor fingers are locked into this pick/heal/peel/pick cycle. It's worse in winter because my skin gets so dry but I don't ever stop completely, even in summer.
  • manukahoneybadger
    manukahoneybadger Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    & I eat popcorn with chopsticks :) lasts longer, much longer

That's awesome! My new weight loss plan is to eat all my food with chopsticks because half of it won't make it to my mouth! Lol!

Yeah totally- I thought I should test the weirdness waters with the popcorn confession, but I often eat with chopsticks for self pacing... only around people who know and accept my weirdness though :D (or on my lonesome)

My other weapon of choice is the mighty teaspoon.

I never can fully enjoy food by knife and fork. I'll just be there thinking about how I miss my spoons and sticks

Ah, but there are no weirdness waters in this thread. :) Or it's all such a cascade of weirdness that one mere drop will never stand out.

I'm envious of your ability to use chopsticks. I've never been able to master the skill, as manual dexterity is not my strong suit.

Ah but the more incompetent you are with the sticks the longer your food lasts :) that's the beauty of it

Ah, but if that isn't a 'looking on the bright side' form of optimized perspective that is downright blindingly magnificent, then I don't know what is... :)

(I had to put on sunglasses, there was so much 'brightness' in that does-not-involve-defeat point of view (and involving a form of incompetence that is to be *desired*, no less...! ;) ))

thanks :smiley: Unfortunately I'm getting rather good with the chopsticks, I need to find some more advance level ones to keep the challenge. Perhaps weighted ones are the way forward? Get some cheeky lifts in
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    My brother's girlfriend (who I consider a close friend) KNOWS I really like Norman Reedus (aka Daryl Dixon from the Walking Dead) but she went ahead and bought tickets for a convention he was going to be at with some other friends of hers without even mentioning it to me. (I got a pity invite after the fact.) I confess I was secretly happy when I found out he cancelled.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My brother's girlfriend (who I consider a close friend) KNOWS I really like Norman Reedus (aka Daryl Dixon from the Walking Dead) but she went ahead and bought tickets for a convention he was going to be at with some other friends of hers without even mentioning it to me. (I got a pity invite after the fact.) I confess I was secretly happy when I found out he cancelled.

1. What a biotch!
    2. I love him too! You have good taste!
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness, I am caught up on the 20+ pages that I missed from the weekend. It is so hard getting caught up when your boss is back at work!
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am totally laughing out loud that Netflix has Canada listed as a third-world country.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

1. What a biotch!
    2. I love him too! You have good taste!

The worst thing was the way she told me. *excited babble* "Me and [name] and [name] are going to the convention and Norman Reedus is going to be there and we're going to meet him and get pictures with him!... Oh, you can come too if you want." :neutral: It's kind of funny, but also kind of b*tchy.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am totally laughing out loud that Netflix has Canada listed as a third-world country.

So do we get a whopping discount for this status? (always the opportunist, me)
  • ShibaEars
    Options

So do we get a whopping discount for this status? (always the opportunist, me)

Lol, excellent question
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I binge eat and don't add calories on here. I do it for a week at a time and sometimes gain 5lbs that I've worked so hard to lose and then I just give up on everything and come back at the same place as I was. I'm not getting anywhere. I'm bored with my exercise. And more bored with dieting. Sometimes I wonder if it would be easier if I just accepted myself as is and not as a better version because I don't actually have so much body fat that I'm overweight or that I'm unhealthy. Am I giving up?

Well, I have no 'sage' advice for you but if that is your wedding dress in your picture it is absolutely stunning and you look fantastic.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Karma ;) I'd love to meet him someday! I've only heard great things about how awesome he is with fans. :)
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My confession today is that I chew the skin around my nails on my fingers, when I'm not chewing them I pick them. It looks gross and it hurts but I can't stop doing it. I'm nearly 33 and have been doing it since I was about 11. Every now and again I stop it but then I always start up again. Nasty habit! :(

My husband and I both do this. We try to get each other to stop, but we can't stop ourselves. XD Don't feel too bad, apparently about 10% of the population does it. It's called dermatophagia.
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    & I eat popcorn with chopsticks :) lasts longer, much longer

That's awesome! My new weight loss plan is to eat all my food with chopsticks because half of it won't make it to my mouth! Lol!

Yeah totally- I thought I should test the weirdness waters with the popcorn confession, but I often eat with chopsticks for self pacing... only around people who know and accept my weirdness though :D (or on my lonesome)

My other weapon of choice is the mighty teaspoon.

I never can fully enjoy food by knife and fork. I'll just be there thinking about how I miss my spoons and sticks

Ah, but there are no weirdness waters in this thread. :) Or it's all such a cascade of weirdness that one mere drop will never stand out.

I'm envious of your ability to use chopsticks. I've never been able to master the skill, as manual dexterity is not my strong suit.

Ah but the more incompetent you are with the sticks the longer your food lasts :) that's the beauty of it

Ah, but if that isn't a 'looking on the bright side' form of optimized perspective that is downright blindingly magnificent, then I don't know what is... :)

(I had to put on sunglasses, there was so much 'brightness' in that does-not-involve-defeat point of view (and involving a form of incompetence that is to be *desired*, no less...! ;) ))

thanks :smiley: Unfortunately I'm getting rather good with the chopsticks, I need to find some more advance level ones to keep the challenge. Perhaps weighted ones are the way forward? Get some cheeky lifts in

Yeah, I used to use chopsticks to slow myself down when I ate, but then I spent a year in China and ate with then all day every day and now I'm too good at using them for that to be effective anymore. I still love using them...maybe I'll switch to using my off hand.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

I chew my cuticles occasionally. I can't do it as much after my bite shifted from braces, but I certainly try.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    koza_loc wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. I'm having an extremely hard time with losing and breastfeeding. All you hear is stories about how women lose all their weight breastfeeding.. And here I am at 8 months postpartum and exclusivly BFing and I haven't shift weight (lost) since November. I binged over the holidays, and even then I didn't gain a single pound. I guess it's a good thing but I would love to stop maintaining weight and would love to start losing! :(

I exclusively breastfed my last daughter until she was a year old. I was 20 pounds heavier at the end of that, than I was when I gave birth to her. I am actually super grateful that I am finished having kids and my what I eat does not determine their well-being. No more excuses for me!

I exclusively breastfed both my boys for 3 years combined. I had a hell of a time losing weight, but it eventually came off. With each one stopping BF made the difference, after each birth I would get to a certain point and sit there for the first year or so. I am also glad I am done with the kiddos losing so hopefully this time the weight loss sticks.
  • mskurski
    mskurski Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ok, here it goes.... AGAIN no judgements. I didn't care what i looked like for a solid year or how much I ate. I could eat a whole large pizza w everything on it BY MYSELF. I could eat a whole box of cookies and 1/2 gal milk in one sitting. I use to go to all you can eat buffets and go up at least 3-6 times, I ate until I was stuffed like thankgiving stuffed for a year. I gained 65 lbs and every time i start feeling good, I go off my diet and gain again, and when I do... I gain twice as much as loss. Reason? I lost my son a year ago.... And struggling to care again. Really wanting to change this time.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,557 Member
    Options
    mziegler01 wrote: »

My husband and I both do this. We try to get each other to stop, but we can't stop ourselves. XD Don't feel too bad, apparently about 10% of the population does it. It's called dermatophagia.

I do this too, to the point where it HURTS. I cannot stop. Pick, pick, pick. I managed to make myself stop for like 3 weeks. It was awesome, except.... I was a total *kitten*. Beyond mean.

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    mskurski wrote: »
    Ok, here it goes.... AGAIN no judgements. I didn't care what i looked like for a solid year or how much I ate. I could eat a whole large pizza w everything on it BY MYSELF. I could eat a whole box of cookies and 1/2 gal milk in one sitting. I use to go to all you can eat buffets and go up at least 3-6 times, I ate until I was stuffed like thankgiving stuffed for a year. I gained 65 lbs and every time i start feeling good, I go off my diet and gain again, and when I do... I gain twice as much as loss. Reason? I lost my son a year ago.... And struggling to care again. Really wanting to change this time.

I am very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine your pain. Be gentle with yourself. *hugs *