Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Holy crap I go away for the morning and come back to 7 pages! I can't handle it :(

I'm going camping for the weekend. I doubt I'll ever catch up.

Also, I'm kinda stressing out over the fact there may be no cell service and I'll lost my log-in streak. I'm at 487 days and I want to make 500, dangit!

How many days are you going to be gone so I know not to remove you? :) LOL

I was gonna tell you, OJ, just so you wouldn't! I'll be back Monday.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

*snort*

I would've just spit out the bug. I am not a delicate spitter.

I confess, I've swallowed more than a couple of bugs in my lifetime. It's gross, but it's a fact of life when you run outside before sunrise.

Or biking, especially in a wooded area. Blech. Or they fuse to your eyeball (because you're too stubborn to wear sunglasses).

I was going down a particularly steep section of single-track trail and had to pass between two trees. I got a spider web across the face - and the spider came with it! It was on my eyelid and I had my eye shut but I could see the shadow of it moving across my eyelid. I couldn't stop where I was and somehow completed the hill with my eyes shut. I couldn't get it off my face fast enough once I hit flat open ground.

Did I mention I'm scared of spiders?

Well that sounds absolutely horrifying. Our front path to the street goes between two hedges and there is always a spider web there first thing in the morning in Autumn (fall) and I completely freak out when I walk through it. But I always forget, so it will happen the next morning. I never learn!

I have the same problem, my front walkway goes between two trees. I always get caught a couple times each spring, but then I start walking through there with my arm up in front of my face. I might look strange to my neigbours but it's better than having spider webs on my face. They always manage to get it at face level, the jerks.
  • ShibaEars
    Confession I work in retail & cannot believe how many people send money to countries like Nigeria, Ghana, United Kingdom, etc.

WHAT? People send US money? Cause as far as I can tell, the UK seems to be propping up the rest of the world with our F**KING taxes. Someone released the list of how much money is donated to what country and I sat there thinking "Well no wonder the NHS is going down the tank, all our money is going to someone else's fracking health care!" Rant over. Have a nice day :smile:

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/acs/scs/internet_scams.html

Nigeria & Ghana would be the biggest ones we have people sending money to that are scams, but I have had a few people sending to the U.K. that you can tell they're being scammed out of money.

On Sunday I had a man come in & say that 'someone' he apparently knew (he obviously didn't) didn't receive the almost $2,000 he sent them through a wire transfer. I called the company that deals with the transfers & they said the people picked it up which meant the people were probably trying to hustle more money out of him.

Yea, see rant above. lol I don't know how the scammers live with themselves.

I don't either. My 84 year old grandmother got scammed out of several thousands of dollars by that "grandparent scam". You know the one where they phone and say "Hi, grandma". And they say, "Is this Ryan?" (for example) and the scammer says "Yes, it's Ryan" and then proceeds to give them some sob story about how they're in trouble in another province and need some cash and please please don't tell the rest of their family.

Those kinds of scum can all rot in hell.
  • ShibaEars
    misskarne wrote: »
    My confession is that I loathe the word shoplifting. It's like they're trying to find a cutesy way to say "I'm a rotten little thief", but oh no, we can't call teens thieves, we can't tell them the truth that they're stealing and acting like criminals, we'll dress it up in some cutesy phrase so that subconsciously we teach them their behaviour is okay because they're just teenagers aww how cute!

I worked in retail for a number of years. Thieves infuriate me, and so many of the teens we busted didn't even care, because they knew they'd get a slap on the wrist (if anything) from the courts/their parents, and they got to go round bragging to all their friends about how cool they were for shoplifting. ARRRRRGH.

My favorites are the people who steal stuff & then try to return the items to get a gift card or money.

Years ago we had a guy at Wal-Mart that we caught that was fishing receipts out of the trash right outside the store, then he would come in with a cart, fill it up full of the exact stuff on the receipt and come up to the customer service desk and return it for CASH!

I'm not creative enough to ever even think of doing this lol.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2015
    misskarne wrote: »
    I have also switched barcodes on products to pay a lower price.

Oh gawd, barcode switchers. This stuff is like fingernails down a blackboard. I hated barcode switchers. And then they'd get really aggressive when you busted them. Like dude, did you really think we wouldn't notice that the giant, $150 tree was only scanning up at $3.99?

But it's so satisfying busting them at the register:). I've busted countless people switching tags on clothes, putting a cheap sticker on a cell phone (hello people they need to be correctly scanned to be activated at the register), & at the service desk putting the old item in a box & trying to keep the new one (thank god for serial & model numbers).

I once had a lady even admit to me that she switched the item on something thinking that I would be stupid & scan it at that price. Discreetly I ripped off the bar code & scanned it at the regular price & after she was done ringing out she must've looked at the receipt while walking out & glared at me.

What made me shake my head a few weeks ago were these two ladies who came in to by shoes for a funeral & they came up to the service desk to ring out since the other lines were busy. A few hours later they both came back to return the shoes since they were 'the wrong size'. Since they had the receipt I just gave them the money back.
  • ShibaEars
    I've been walking around work with Third Eye Blind - How's It Going To Be stuck in my head. I hum and sing aloud frequently lol.

Could be worse. Could be the freakin' narwhals song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anM1N5oN-OM

This makes me ridiculously happy.
  • ShibaEars
    81Katz wrote: »
    I've only tried the regular Oreos. I love the double stuff kind.

I love the double stuff golden oreos. I've finished a bag in a day :blush:
  • ShibaEars
    edited May 2015
    Watermelon Oreo season is almost upon us. This delectable treat is found at Target stores, sorry Canada, even though you're half French, you didn't take to the French Superstore.

We didn't get half the merchandise found in the US Targets anyway, which is part of the reason the chain bombed here.

Fortunately I'll be in the US next week and my first stop will likely be a Target, lol. Primarily for white chocolate M&Ms but now I'll be checking the cookie aisle too. (I would have anyway, for exotic Pop Tart varieties, lol)

I didn't set foot in a Target until Dec 2014, thought they had some neat stuff, then found out they were leaving Canada a couple weeks later lol.

I'm going to be in Arizona in June, I'm going to make sure a Target is one of my first stops :)
  • rjtlg2208
    rjtlg2208 Posts: 1 Member
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Thank you for sharing. I literally LOLed and would be/have been guilty of similar things peanut butter related.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    I've been walking around work with Third Eye Blind - How's It Going To Be stuck in my head. I hum and sing aloud frequently lol.

Could be worse. Could be the freakin' narwhals song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anM1N5oN-OM

This makes me ridiculously happy.

My son sings it incessantly.
  • ShibaEars
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

*snort*

I would've just spit out the bug. I am not a delicate spitter.

I confess, I've swallowed more than a couple of bugs in my lifetime. It's gross, but it's a fact of life when you run outside before sunrise.

Or biking, especially in a wooded area. Blech. Or they fuse to your eyeball (because you're too stubborn to wear sunglasses).

I was going down a particularly steep section of single-track trail and had to pass between two trees. I got a spider web across the face - and the spider came with it! It was on my eyelid and I had my eye shut but I could see the shadow of it moving across my eyelid. I couldn't stop where I was and somehow completed the hill with my eyes shut. I couldn't get it off my face fast enough once I hit flat open ground.

Did I mention I'm scared of spiders?

Yikes. The stinkbug in the shower this morning doesn't seem half as bad anymore.

I kept finding those little b@!$4!&$ in my hotel room in VA. Then just after I got home I found one in my house. I looked it up online to find it was a stink bug and found an article about how they haven't made it to the UK but there are fears about the effect on farming if they do. Must have snuck over in my suitcase. I was worried I was going to cause some kind of ecological disaster. I caught it and flushed it down the loo. Didn't find anymore, so hopefully was just a solo hitchhiker.

And daddy long legs/crane flies are totally harmless aren't they? They don't bother me, just kind of hover around. Moths are what I really hate.

I was going to say, I have NO IDEA what these are and I hope to keep it that way! So what are Horse Flies? Because they bite and I thought they were crane flies, so now I'm confused.

Horse flies look like a regular house fly only about twice the size, still prefer those over deer flies though those little *kitten* can all die in a volcano.

ALL bugs should die in a volcano! Well, the creepy ones. Lady bugs, rolly pollys, butterfiles. We can keep those.

I'm going to have to look those up
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Confession: I stayed up way later than I should have finishing a book last night...but still got up at 5 to go to the gym, so at least there's that.

Taking a few days off from the gym while I was away definitely did me some good. Felt stronger lifting today!

That happens with me, as well... and somehow always 'surprises' me, somewhat... and despite my being able to posit various plausible theories as to 'why' such a reality occurs (i.e. stronger after being 'away' from such for a few days), I nonetheless find myself surprised anew, each and every time it happens... :)

(...it's as though the possibility of 'deconditioning' -- and specifically, the concept thereof -- has some sort of 'armwrestling match' (somewhere in my mind) with the 'rest can result in gained strength' concept... and always seems to come out the wary 'winner'... until reality suddenly 'raises the arm' of the 'gained strength' 'contestant'... ;) )

(...what is perhaps most likely the case, however, is that I know I can't 'predict' or otherwise 'count on' any specific episode of 'rest' resulting in gained or otherwise 'renewed' strength, and thus... would seem to err on the side of caution, and 'brace myself', somewhat, for the potential reality of having 'lost' something, strength-wise, or stamina-wise... (which is perhaps 'best', what with it subsequently allowing for my being pleasantly surprised each and every time a subsequent post-rest gain is observed/experienced... :) ))
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    I have had the watermelon oreos and they are comparable in wonderful goodness to the rootbeer float oreos. It's weird how much they taste like a real rootbeer float. Like there's a fizziness feeling even, like the carbonation on top would be like. And the lemon ones are also to die for.

Since this is a confession thread and this is my first time posting in here (even though I have read every page) I will add a confession- I am Active Duty Air Force and have been for almost 18 years. I still feel uncomfortable when people thank me for my service. I appreciate it, but I don't feel like "you're welcome" is the proper response so I just say, "thank you" as in thank you for acknowledging me. I feel like I should say it to veterans that I see and I want to, but I'm too shy to say anything to them.
  • ShibaEars
    I had no idea there were so many Oreo flavours. I thought there was regular, golden and red velvet. I may have heard of one or two others, but never cotton candy, or cookie dough, or rootbeer float.

We get so ripped off in Canada
  • ShibaEars
    edited May 2015
    I had no idea there were so many Oreo flavours. I thought there was regular, golden and red velvet. I may have heard of one or two others, but never cotton candy, or cookie dough, or rootbeer float.

ETA: except we have way less icky bugs, so that makes me feel better
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    I have had the watermelon oreos and they are comparable in wonderful goodness to the rootbeer float oreos. It's weird how much they taste like a real rootbeer float. Like there's a fizziness feeling even, like the carbonation on top would be like. And the lemon ones are also to die for.

Since this is a confession thread and this is my first time posting in here (even though I have read every page) I will add a confession- I am Active Duty Air Force and have been for almost 18 years. I still feel uncomfortable when people thank me for my service. I appreciate it, but I don't feel like "you're welcome" is the proper response so I just say, "thank you" as in thank you for acknowledging me. I feel like I should say it to veterans that I see and I want to, but I'm too shy to say anything to them.

Rootbeer Float Oreos? I've never seen them! Does anyone ever see the Chips Ahoy Root Beer Float cookies anymore? Those were so good when they were cold in the fridge.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly

You might be able to find the Cookie Dough Oreos since it's an exclusive Wal-Mart flavor now.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    81Katz wrote: »
    LOL this is showing up on my page again.

I have banner ads in Spanish today. Absolutely sure I haven't done anything to cause that!

And I still say the cucumber is worse.

We're gonna have to 'agree to disagree' on this one... lol ;)

...because the version of this ad that seems to incessantly want my eyes' attention is one in which he's holding one banana (vs. a bunch), and it appears to have had one heck-of-an-'enlargement' made to it, length- and girth-wise (and is bigger than the bunched version of banana-dom)... and I experience a mixed reaction of eyerolling-bemusement -along with- some form of 'horror' that is utterly new to me... lmao :)
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    rjtlg2208 wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Thank you for sharing. I literally LOLed and would be/have been guilty of similar things peanut butter related.

If you're starting from the beginning, you have a long way to go my friend