Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    A few pages back I wrote about my large unhealthy co-worker that has been sick all week, sitting over there hacking & coughing, pumping germs into the air, and refusing to stay home when we have tons of sick leave available.

So, worst fears realized, I woke up this morning with a sore throat & headache. Started coughing.

P*ssed, I walk into work...and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, she called in sick today...on a Friday.

Guess who is her back up?

So now I'm sick on a Friday, getting an average of 5 emails a minute between both of our emails.

%$^& ^*&#$(@#& $% $@#(*&^ %(^&%#

Can you crumble munster cheese into her keyboard without being seen? Hypothetically, or course.

Or Feta since it stinks so bad:D.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I greatly prefer being too cold than being too hot.

I just dread summer man.

This is how I feel as well. When I'm too warm, there isn't much I can do to cool off. I'd rather be too cold since I can put on layers.

However, I run hot so I'm usually too hot anyway.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

haha. You don't have ketchup chips?

I have never even heard of ketchup chips until today.

The fact that Canada actually has products other countries don't blows my mind.

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.

If you like shopping they have

shop.nordstrom.com/st/last-chance-clearance-store

& they have a ton of thrift stores (if you do a google search for Arizona thrift stores a lot of locations popup).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    judypriv wrote: »
    I have a unhealthy addiction to Glee. I have replaced food with Glee. I like Darren Criss too much. It's boarderline psychotic stalker.

One of the few series that I actually stopped watching in the last season because it was just completely dumb. I did watch the finale, but totally changing things up for the last season made no sense to me at all.

Ryan Murphy has a new show coming out called Scream Queens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scream_Queens_(2015_TV_series)

The one show that pissed me off from changing things around too much was Ghost Whisperer & the dumb Jim/Sam storyline.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Work was so weird and annoying today that I ate an ice cream bar instead of my fruit salad. All the talking about savory foods in here makes me crave it so I'm gonna have some salty crackers now and since it's Friday I'll add a glass of white wine too.

I worked early today & wanted a Dairy Queen Blizzard. I went to lunch at a weird time & figured since Dairy Queen wouldn't be opened I would just eat my boring salad:(.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

Neither have I.

I saw them at my store once and my first thought was "Oh my god. That's disgusting. Who would eat a ketchup flavored chip"

Bad Canadian checking in to say that ketchup chips are probably the most popular flavour here - if you're at a party, whether you're five or fifty years old, if there are chips there they are probably ketchup - but I think they're gross.

All-Dressed and Dill Pickle, on the other hand, are delicious and I think also mainly in Canada.

I also don't like Tim Hortons, "Canadian" pizza (which always has back bacon and mushroom), Montreal smoked meat, or Molson beer, but somehow or other they've let me keep my citizenship.

Herrs makes a pretty interesting chip flavor Sweet Corn

http://www.taquitos.net/chips/Herrs-Fire-Roasted-Sweet-Corn

It actually tastes like Corn On The Cob, but the flavor can be overwhelming after awhile. I usually find these around Summertime.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

If that OP is genuine, I really feel for her.

I'd never say it anywhere except in here, but I was one of those people who ate 3,000 - 4,000 calories a day and never gained weight. And I was eating total crap (which I define as sub-optimum nutrition foods) like half a bag of cookies, a couple of chocolate bars, a few hundred grams of jelly beans -- definitely not snacking on nice healthy low-cal fruits and veggies. Nor was I active, beyond walking the dogs every day, or burning off calories by "fidgeting" (which I've seen suggested around here)... the most fidgety thing I do is pick my cuticles, for crying out loud.

Seriously, would I need to log and weigh my food to know that an entire box of Kraft Dinner was a meal for four people, not one?

Couldn't gain weight to save my life.

Now my genetics are biting me in the as$ however, as I also struggle immensely to gain muscle.

eta: spelling

Are you allowed to strength train your legs? My old doctor was adamantly against it, my new one is wishy washy but leans towards no.

My doctor hasn't said anything against it, but I'm more knowledgeable about lymphedema than she is. When I was first diagnosed (previous doctor) I researched it like crazy. That was in my university days and I ordered journal articles from all over the world. Germany particularly seems to be at the forefront of research and knowledge.

The bottom line seemed to be that exercise was extremely beneficial as muscle movement acts a bit like a pump, moving fluid back up the limb, taking the place of the defective lymph system.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I'd never say it anywhere except in here, but I was one of those people who ate 3,000 - 4,000 calories a day and never gained weight. And I was eating total crap (which I define as sub-optimum nutrition foods) like half a bag of cookies, a couple of chocolate bars, a few hundred grams of jelly beans -- definitely not snacking on nice healthy low-cal fruits and veggies. Nor was I active, beyond walking the dogs every day, or burning off calories by "fidgeting" (which I've seen suggested around here)... the most fidgety thing I do is pick my cuticles, for crying out loud.

Seriously, would I need to log and weigh my food to know that an entire box of Kraft Dinner was a meal for four people, not one?

Now my genetics are biting me in the as$ however, as I also struggle immensely to gain muscle.

Are you allowed to strength train your legs? My old doctor was adamantly against it, my new one is wishy washy but leans towards no.

My doctor hasn't said anything against it, but I'm more knowledgeable about lymphedema than she is. When I was first diagnosed (previous doctor) I researched it like crazy. That was in my university days and I ordered journal articles from all over the world. Germany particularly seems to be at the forefront of research and knowledge.

The bottom line seemed to be that exercise was extremely beneficial as muscle movement acts a bit like a pump, moving fluid back up the limb, taking the place of the defective lymph system.

Mine always said cardio helps drain it, strength will trap it. From what I've read, that was the prevailing 70's wisdom, but it's always in the back of my mind, if they're right...
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Mine always said cardio helps drain it, strength will trap it. From what I've read, that was the prevailing 70's wisdom, but it's always in the back of my mind, if they're right...

None of the articles I read spoke directly to strength training, since that was the early 80's and lifting wasn't mainstream then.

I can say that it has not had a negative impact on mine, that I can see. Who knows if I'm possibly damaging tissue or something inside my leg? But I doubt it. We'll see if it's had any positive effect this summer... it tends to be better in winter with the cold temps we get here, and worse with heat/humidity.

I can say that walking is VERY helpful. I can walk for long periods without much swelling at all... surprising, considering the length of time the leg is vertical. So that supports the pump action notion, in my mind.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.

I lived in Tucson for 3 years as a kid. The Desert Museum is pretty cool. You should also go to Eegees and don't eat the food, but get one of their frozen fruit drinks. The best part of Arizona in my opinion is that they don't have many tall buildings (or trees) so their light pollution is nil. You can see the stars so much better down there. Def do that. Also, prepare to feel like you are going to die from the heat. It hits you like a wall.

I am worried about this, as I don't handle heat very well. Hmm, I guess I'd better go shopping since I think I only own one pair of shorts... maybe two.

And don't let anyone fool you by this "It's just dry heat" BS. Sure, there is no sweaty humid feeling, but when it's 115 degrees outside you FEEL 115 degrees. But, enjoy your trip!

115 degrees?!?! Holy hell, it's in the 80s here in SC and I'm already struggling!! *Makes mental note to avoid Southwestern US in summer time* :astonished:

It's been mid 80's all week here in Richmond, VA. I like it but I could use some more 65-75 degree days before it becomes hell on earth.

I lived in Farmville (haha farmville yes I know) VA and Charlottesville, VA for three years!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    its made me lol that other Canadians think that Canada doesnt have products other countries dont

thats my confession

also maple cookies are a million times better than oreos
  • jwschutz
    jwschutz Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself after intense exercise when I'm almost completely dehydrated. Then am upset when I "plateau" for the next few weeks trying to get back to that weight.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I just ate Dark Chocolate Kit kats for the first time........and they are awesome!

I love the dark chocolate Caramilk bars. I haven't seen them in a LONG time.
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I've only tried the regular Oreos. I love the double stuff kind.

I love the double stuff golden oreos. I've finished a bag in a day :blush:

I love golden oreos the best. Haven't tried the double stuff ones though. We have birthday cakes ones here currently... I like them. But I think I still like the golden ones with chocolate filling the best.

I keep wanting to eat today. Also got very peeved weighing my '190' calorie granola bar to see that it was really 214 calories, so now I only have 258 calories left for dinner. When you have that little left, 24 calories makes quite a bit of difference...

Oreo Birthday Cake Ice Cream! I found this once and it was godly, haven't been able to fidn it since :(

My grocery store still has it. But I have never seen any of these others (cotton candy, watermelon, root beer, Reese pb, lemon, and the list goes on.
    Week ends are the worst. Always bored at home but nobody's posting.

Just goes to show more people post rather than work. I am always way to busy trying to keep up with work to post so I always have to catch up in the evenings when everyone is done posting for the night. I have time on weekends but though :)

• sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

One of my good friends in high school was Canadian and he introduced me to salt and vinegar potato chips. Mistake. Love those things!

And the best are

20120606_C6243_PHOTO_EN_14756.jpg

Yes, yes they are

Salt and Vinegar chips with onion dip (onion soup sachet, reduced cream and splash of malt vinegar) are the one savoury food that I will over eat - which is why I only eat it when the Bledisloe is on.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    The challenging part of my summer has begun. I've never tried watching Masterchef Australia while at a deficit.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    I'm assuming it's because of different time zones, but when I get in here there are always 100+ new posts, I catch up and then it's like *crickets* for the rest of my afternoon.

I'm bored at work, guys, I need some distractions!

This happens to me a lot too, when I finally get time to post here, I look like a crazy person posting 20 quotes and replies with nothing in between and then NOTHING.

That's me too...at least we aren't the only ones. I am still on Thursday afternoon posts and Fridays are always busy in this thread because everyone is just biding their time until work is done and they can go home.

I LOVE ketchup chips! But one thing the States doesn't have that Canada has is Mott's clamato. I love a good ceasar (with a pickle), beersar, or even beer and clam. If you are lucky to find clamato in the U.S. It is a knock off closer to V8.

I hate bloody Mary's.
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    it creeps me out that more people arent freaked out by casper the friendly ghost and the fact its a dead child

Ok I have to say I never thought of him that way but will now. Casper is ruined for me now!

I have the same issue with lilo n stich. Homicidal alien meets traumatized child who is about to be taken from her sisters custody by cps. Most "childrens" stories are messed up if you think about them too hard.
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.

YES. I bought 5 lines on the lottery on my birthday which was on the 5th May. So it was 5 5 5, but I'm too scared to check it, because I know I haven't won anything, I never do, but what if I have?? It's like Schrodinger's Cat in my head right now. lol

That reminds me to get a ticket for next Saturday's draw so I can wake up the following Sunday on my birthday with millions of dollars as my present.

There sure are a lot of May birthdays I this thread.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

I lived in Tucson for 3 years as a kid. The Desert Museum is pretty cool. You should also go to Eegees and don't eat the food, but get one of their frozen fruit drinks. The best part of Arizona in my opinion is that they don't have many tall buildings (or trees) so their light pollution is nil. You can see the stars so much better down there. Def do that. Also, prepare to feel like you are going to die from the heat. It hits you like a wall.

I am worried about this, as I don't handle heat very well. Hmm, I guess I'd better go shopping since I think I only own one pair of shorts... maybe two.

And don't let anyone fool you by this "It's just dry heat" BS. Sure, there is no sweaty humid feeling, but when it's 115 degrees outside you FEEL 115 degrees. But, enjoy your trip!

115 degrees?!?! Holy hell, it's in the 80s here in SC and I'm already struggling!! *Makes mental note to avoid Southwestern US in summer time* :astonished:

Didn't realize you were in SC too! I'm in Columbia.

Yup! I'm in Laurens, which is about an hour or so from Columbia lol! :smiley:
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    On the topic of bugs... I'm not exceptionally squeamish about bugs, but centipedes freak me the heck out. Many years ago, I was taking a shower at my parent's house (centipede central), and I thought there was a centipede on my leg. I thrashed around and fell out of the shower through the curtain.

Turns out, it was just a tangle of hair :(

I agree on centipedes. I get silver fish in NJ which are similar. Equally gross. I have them in my condo regularly. Ick. Anything with lots of legs freaks me out.

Silverfish are effing gross; they shouldn't be able to move the way they do. My skin is literally crawling just thinking about it.

The first time I ever saw one was on my ceiling in my old apartment. I used an entire can of raid to kill it and was so freaked out it was going to fall on me. I have gotten used to them now.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I remember having Ketchup chips waaaaaay back in the day. Like, maybe when I was around 9/10. I haven't seen them since, but I love ketchup and I enjoyed those chips. One day, I'll find them again.
  • smashley_mashley
    edited May 2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

One of my good friends in high school was Canadian and he introduced me to salt and vinegar potato chips. Mistake. Love those things!

And the best are

20120606_C6243_PHOTO_EN_14756.jpg

I like the Sobey's "Sensation" version more. But I don't think I can say no to any junk food. Bulk Barn is my downfall..it us pure junk food heaven. *sigh*

Regarding bacon, I love it (and sausage) but the grease and salt always make feel crappy for the rest of the day and am able to say "no" to it easier now than I did before I started eating better. I used to crave bacon and eggs for breakfast and now would prefer a slice if toast with pb and a
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Neither have I.

They are SO good! Doritos ketchup is the best!

They were pretty good. Are they still around or were they a "limited time" only thing like all the good food?
    I always prefer being a bit colder than too hot also.

The lady in the cube next to me at work is going through menopause. She always has a fan going, even in the dead of Canadian winter. I am always freezing and have my heater, blanket, sweater, and purple fuzzy slippers close by all times. This week the ac was kicked on and it was so cold.