Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    sst036 wrote: »
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    I suffer from hyperhidrosis (extreme sweating) which makes working out at the gym impossible. I have the sweating under control during every day activities thanks to a special solution from the pharmacy. During my teenage years I only wore black or white t-shirts so people wouldn't see the stains under my arm pits. I'm so glad that at least that is over but working out (no matter if cardio or strength) leaves me and the floor around me as wet as if I just stepped out of the shower and I really wouldn't want to bother anyone with that at a gym.
    I started doing Botox this year and it has changed my life - I still sweat, but I don't end up with massive wet patches down my arms when I'm anxious (so always) or when I'm hot. It's amazing.

I've been tossing this idea around for a while, I have the same issue. Seeing you raving about it may push me to do it, so thanks! :)
  • Serendipity1517
    Serendipity1517 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hate my "mommy body". And I don't think any moms should get a free pass to be unhealthy because there's a new trend supporting "loving your mommy body". There's a difference between curves and obese, ladies... :-/

.....I've never said that out loud.....
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My gym partner works later than I do, so I usually have to wait at the gym for 20-25 minutes for her to arrive. Lately we've just been doing lifting workouts, but I asked if she wanted to do some cardio today. She said okay. Secretly I was hoping she'd say no so I could go in early and run by myself. (She would be mad if I'd just gone in early without asking her if she wanted to run too)

My confession is that I'm selfish and I get sick of having to do everything on everyone else's schedules.

This is why I refuse to vacation with other people. I want to do what I want to do, when I want to do it. My husband is excluded from this, of course.

STILL REALLY FAR BEHIND.

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I hate my "mommy body". And I don't think any moms should get a free pass to be unhealthy because there's a new trend supporting "loving your mommy body". There's a difference between curves and obese, ladies... :-/

.....I've never said that out loud.....

I feel you. I don't care what other moms do as far as losing weight, but I hate hate hate the trend of calling stretch marks "Tiger Stripes" and shaming anyone who isn't proud of them. I've actually been told that I don't love my kids enough if I can't get over how my body looks now. I find that so awful. I don't judge moms who have a better attitude than me, I just wish they would keep it to themselves.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Here's a confession. I hate my job. I hate it so much is making me depressed and affecting the rest of my life, but I feel trapped because I signed on for a contract to see a project through, and the project is dragging but I feel like if I go for a new job and have to explain why I'm leaving this one, it's going to look bad that I'm jumping ship before the end of the project and leaving a big hole in a small team. But I hate the work and hate the fact I work for who I work for. I feel like I'm getting deskilled and going backwards in my career. I'm also resentful that I'm not being paid what I'm worth and I'm paid way less than the rest of my team with no way of seeking a raise.

I needed to get that off my chest. Grrr.

So sorry to hear that. I am not familiar with contract work, but is there ANY way of addressing or remedying the above? I know money isn't everything, but more of it can make a bad situation more bearable. At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel, albeit slow moving. Hang in there and feel free to vent here!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Get your popcorns ready!!!

Yesterday I was in the breakroom it was 12:00pm. My employee Stinky Rick whom I've mentioned before was just finishing up his lunch and heading back to our warehouse. I receive a phone call from my boss on my cellphone at 12:02.

Boss: "Where you at"
    AOJ: "I'm in the breakroom"
    Boss: "Why doesn't Rick know you're on break?"
    AOJ: "Rick literally just left me in the breakroom, he knows exactly where I am"
    Boss: "Not according to him, I need to see you when you're done"
    AOJ: "I'll be right there."

I get into her office

Boss: "What's going on with you, you haven't responded to any of my emails"
    AOJ: "I've responded to all of your emails"
    Boss: "We talked about them on the phone, but you didn't reply to the email"
    AOJ: "We talked about them, the issues were resolved, there didn't need to be a reply."
    Boss: "I'd appreciate it if you replied to my email"

She reiterates that somethings off. I talk to her about a couple issues that were bothering me.

Useless Manager becoming a Director, how I'm a supervisor that has to enforce operating procedures to managers who question me at every turn and go over my head with everything which totally demeans my position.

And she responds with "If you're so unhappy, find something else."

And that's when I blurted out "I did."

Her retort "Where do you think you're going to get a job working 8-5 monday through friday with weekends and holidays."

I said "Actually, I'll be getting even more holidays like Columbus Day, MLK Day, 1/2 day on Dec 23rd, December 24th and 25th off, oh and I'll be off at 430 every day, and in the off chance I'm not I'll be getting over time"

Her eyes got huge.

She locked herself in her office for 2 hours after that.

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! I knew it was gonna be good!!!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I haven't exercised for 4 days. It feels really weird to me. It's so weird to think that I've made it into a habit.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I am now going to bed irritated like I do nearly every single Mothers Day. :|

I'm sorry! Why?

Because my family sucks sometimes lol

My daughter, whom oddly enough is the one that causes me the most stress by far, normally does good for Mothers Day, like yesterday,.....she doesn't have any money really right now cuz she just finished her Uni year and started work today, but she made me a nice homemade card and put 10 little hearts with vouchers in it for things like foot rubs, laundry service, baked goods etc. I LOVED it.

My son, who is 17, and I still get up nearly every morning to see him off to school, and cook HOT food for him at 7am.....plus because he works a LOT and goes to school full time, plus other things, I do a lot for him that kid's his age do on their own like laundry and I always make sure there is hot food for him before/after work/school etc. He, got me a piece of cheese cake he brought home from his work late last night. I was upset that he did not get me a card mostly, because I feel his gifts are never heartfelt, and I have told him this before. His reply is "Well, you know I love you." I do not doubt he does, and he is a great kid, like seriously, my friends tell me all the time they would love a kid like him, he is hard working (and a good saver, which is odd for a kid his age, he has been working since he was 9 and routinely lends his sister money cuz she is terrible.....we always joke that by the time he is done Uni he will have saved enough money to buy a small island), he is a great student, and I never have to ground him or anything, like literally never. But it is upsetting to me that he could not take the time to write me a card.

My SO, is the WORST out of the group. We have the same argument nearly every year. Again, I will say overall, my SO is wonderful. We almost never fight and he is very good about doing nearly all the cooking and cleaning when he is here (which is only on weekends, and not every one), never once has he ever yelled at me, called me a name, or said something nasty to me. He is loving and affectionate, and a great handy man, does everything from household repairs to hand washing laundry and sewing. However, I am lucky to get "Happy Mothers Day" said to me, or any holiday really. Some years I have gotten small gifts, and to be quite frank, most of them sucked, like he does not know me at all. But it is not about the money, I would be happy with a card, again, and a small token like a movie ticket or something. The worst part is, like I said, we go over this every single year, and it's like by the next time, it never crosses his mind again.

Then I go to work the next day, and 500 people will say things like "Oh, I bet your family spoiled you", or talking about what their families did. Yes, yes I was spoiled, I got a piece of cheesecake :|

It is just disappointing that they never learn how I feel. Like I have said in other posts, my mother was a huge *kitten*, so I try really hard to be a good mother, and it hurts my feelings because I feel like they do not care.

End of rant!

Well it sounds like you have a fantastic family and I know you are proud of them and they love you! Given the way your mother treated you I can see how it is important to you that your children value you as a good mother. I fully believe that they do; they may just express it differently than you'd like. My kids are somewhat the same way. My youngest son would prefer to buy me something he cannot afford than just give me a card, so I can relate to that. At least your son is good with money!

As far as your SO, what was his past like as far as holidays? I was raised in a religion that did not celebrate holidays. When my current husband and I got married 15 years ago it took a LOT of work and focus on my part to remember all the holidays and traditions and expectations, etc. I'm still not very good at it! But, they know my past and they understand. Some people just don't like set days where you're obligated to acknowledge someone. IDK. Just throwing ideas out there. I appreciate the explanation and response!

You hit the nail right on the head there, that is exactly what it is. A lot of people that have terrible parents, become terrible parents. I made sure to break that cycle and give my kids a loving, stable, supportive home. All things I never got.

And you will be richly rewarded for it. It already sounds like your kids are great. Credit to you! As they get older they will understand more. It just takes time. My youngest son is 23 and just this past year (out of the blue) he told me he understood and forgave me for a decision I made when he was 18 that made him very angry and resentful. I carried that with me for 5 long years. He said he finally understood it after he went through a tough time recently. I cannot express how heavy that weight on my shoulders was for all that time. Anyway, yes, your kids will understand more and more how much you gave them, sacrificed for them and did for them as they gain a bit more life experience.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Okay, I have one (posting during work so you know my mind is NOT on work today) I am SO excited my company is buying another very large, very well known company (just announce today but I am weird about putting the name of the company I work for in this forum even though everyone can probably figure this out). I want in on this merger activity. I am going to throw my hat in the ring with my VP. I need a new challenge, I love complex projects that involve lots of teams and new situations, and my dissertation was on the organizational dynamics of mergers.

Win/Win right? Then I get scared to think about pursuing it. What if they aren't interested in me? What if I fail? What if I try to get in and get told 'no you are needed in your current job' but it back fires on me. What if I suck at it?

My friend says I am the most arrogantly insecure person she knows. Both are coming out today. But I feel like someone just dropped a gift in my lap with this... I need a distraction (between what is going on with my horse), company probably going to end up selling my area of the business, I am not in the spotlight right now. This could be just what I needed. I think its fate (even though not sure I believe in that) and I am going to pursue it with everything I have.

I think.... :)

I think I know what company you work for now. :)
    I was listening to a story on NPR this morning on my way to work about an acquisition of an old well known internet company.
    Anyhoo. One of my best friends once told me that you have to GO FOR IT! Whatever "it" is that you want. The worst thing that can happen is they'll say "No". So, then you pick yourself up and keep trying until you get where you want to go. A very wise friend, that one.

That would be the one. And I am. What do I have to lose?

Super! Glad to hear it and keep us posted.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    lbrown0874 wrote: »
    At work we have a snack cart when we are doing mega overtime and all last week it was parked outside of my cube....needless to say a weight gain of 4 lbs last week showed me I have no control when it comes to Peppermint Patties. I finally moved the cart to the other side of our department and I DARE anyone to bring it back!

Good job! You realized the problem and took action. Now just follow through and enjoy your success.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I can't handle people on lots of these threads don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...I apologize if I sound like a snob but it really grinds my gears. :s

What really gets ME is when I see someone use 'than' instead of 'then'. Poor grammar in general bothers me but I do admit I am a bit anal about it.

Oh, that one bugs me too!!!

The worst I've ever seen is "thoughs" instead of those. I'm just like ?????????? - Where does that come from?

I'm a huge spelling/grammar freak. lol The lack of spell check from people these days makes me so mad.

"Allowed" and "aloud" is one I'm seeing here more often. That one annoys me, too, but that is one of those that spell check won't change because it IS spelled correctly. Instead of spell check we need "proper grammar and sentence structure" check. Or, you know, just learn how to write the English language. (vent, sorry, not direct at anyone specific!)
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    @AgentOrangeJuice - That's awesome!

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I always feel really deflated when I come out of the gym. I really can't shake the feeling that the gym staff are talking about me and its starting to make me really uncomfortable. It is one guy in particular and he was the one I had to do my induction with. I don't know if it is a coincidence but whenever I get going he will walk over to another member of staff, start talking and they will start looking over at me. I was so close to bursting into tears and walking out today. I just can't zone it out. I'm sure it's me being paranoid, but I've never been paranoid about it before. I'm not paranoid when I swim in the same leisure centre or going running in the park. It is really putting me off going.

I bet he is saying something like "I inducted her into this gym and look how amazing she is doing!"

That is a much better response than mine and what I thought awhile after I responded!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I always feel really deflated when I come out of the gym. I really can't shake the feeling that the gym staff are talking about me and its starting to make me really uncomfortable. It is one guy in particular and he was the one I had to do my induction with. I don't know if it is a coincidence but whenever I get going he will walk over to another member of staff, start talking and they will start looking over at me. I was so close to bursting into tears and walking out today. I just can't zone it out. I'm sure it's me being paranoid, but I've never been paranoid about it before. I'm not paranoid when I swim in the same leisure centre or going running in the park. It is really putting me off going.

Is he a personal trainer? If so, they might just be trying to figure out a way to sign on as a client. I would ignore them.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Confession: I had a garage sale last weekend and 2 ladies came in that were obviously sisters and both had noticeable tummies. I asked them if they were sisters and they said yes. I said "How fun, you get to have babies around the same time" Ummm, one had her baby 3 weeks ago. I felt so bad. I immediately apologized. Twice. In my defense, they were slim and 3 weeks postpartem is completely normal to still be carrying a belly. Never the less, I did not comment on anyone else's baby bump the rest of the weekend. Still feel bad about it

See bolded above.

Even as a single woman who has never actually birthed a living child, I wish the whole world knew this.

This is an issue and society needs to get its collective *kitten* together. Women do not pop out babies and magically get their figures back. That only happens to genetic anomalies like Heidi Klum who has ACTIVELY TOLD EVERY ONE that she is NOT the norm and she is GENETICALLY BLESSED to be that way.

Confession: This topic is a sore spot for me even though I have never given birth. I'm not quite sure why....

I agree with you. I am SO sick of the body-after-baby celebrity flaunt pictures. Whatever. Don't over eat, stay active, your body is fine after having kids. If it's not? Oh well. You just reproduced another human being. Quite a feat. The comparisons that one is better than the other is ridiculous.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Yay my new (pink!) coat came, and it fits, even with a fleece underneath!

Awesome! It sounded great when you said you bought it. Glad you are happy with it!
  • marissafit06
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ok, I'm caught up. Here's my confession of the day: I gave blood yesterday. I had the juice, a cookie, and raisins after. An hour later I went to a meeting with people I had never met before...and passed out. So embarrassing! I then decided I needed to "get my blood sugar up." So I ate chocolate, ice cream, and more chocolate. I logged it all and ended up 1007 calories over for the day. I am going to have to work hard through the week to mitigate that!

I can't give blood because I pass out. Sounds embarrassing, but you did a good thing. Hopefully you feel proud of that part.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Get your popcorns ready!!!

Yesterday I was in the breakroom it was 12:00pm. My employee Stinky Rick whom I've mentioned before was just finishing up his lunch and heading back to our warehouse. I receive a phone call from my boss on my cellphone at 12:02.

Boss: "Where you at"
    AOJ: "I'm in the breakroom"
    Boss: "Why doesn't Rick know you're on break?"
    AOJ: "Rick literally just left me in the breakroom, he knows exactly where I am"
    Boss: "Not according to him, I need to see you when you're done"
    AOJ: "I'll be right there."

I get into her office

Boss: "What's going on with you, you haven't responded to any of my emails"
    AOJ: "I've responded to all of your emails"
    Boss: "We talked about them on the phone, but you didn't reply to the email"
    AOJ: "We talked about them, the issues were resolved, there didn't need to be a reply."
    Boss: "I'd appreciate it if you replied to my email"

She reiterates that somethings off. I talk to her about a couple issues that were bothering me.

Useless Manager becoming a Director, how I'm a supervisor that has to enforce operating procedures to managers who question me at every turn and go over my head with everything which totally demeans my position.

And she responds with "If you're so unhappy, find something else."

And that's when I blurted out "I did."

Her retort "Where do you think you're going to get a job working 8-5 monday through friday with weekends and holidays."

I said "Actually, I'll be getting even more holidays like Columbus Day, MLK Day, 1/2 day on Dec 23rd, December 24th and 25th off, oh and I'll be off at 430 every day, and in the off chance I'm not I'll be getting over time"

Her eyes got huge.

She locked herself in her office for 2 hours after that.

WINNER! Well done, very proud of you! :smile:
  • marissafit06
    Options
    "Resentful" is my word of the day. I'm feeling resentful because: 1) the soup I made to eat this week for lunch is way too salty but I have to eat it because I can't afford to waste the money on something else; 2) said soup is causing water weight gain and messing with the number on the scale (up 2 pounds when I'm only eating about 1230 calories per day and it's pissing me off even though I know it's not a *true* gain); 3) I've been volunteered to do a project that I don't want to do and will take me hours and hours but saying "no" isn't a choice (it's for my mom); and 4) my go-to for when I feel like this is still to want to eat all the food, and I'm sick of having that thought pop into my head even though I'm getting better at ignoring it. Blergh.

Can you thin out the soup with water a bit?
  • BZAH10
    Options
    I'm having a bad day. We are going climbing in Brecon at the weekend, as preparation for the Ben Nevis challenge. I need a new coat. My boyfriend has been pulling out of various cupboards a collection of goretex coats. I have very subtly been telling him not to bother, i'll find my own, that i like, that fits properly etc. Last night he made me try on all of these coats. Not one of them fitted around my hips. It was a long exercise in humiliation. His comment was, 'oh you need one the same size as me then'. It didn't help. I went to bed and cried. Yes, i know I'm fat. I don't need to parade that in front of the people I love. I'm beginning to think this whole Ben Nevis idea was ridiculous. A woman my size has no business trying to climb mountains. Apologies for the self pitying rant. Feel very low today

I totally know how you feel. I hate getting handed lab coats on site visits and knowing there's no way it'll do up and having to get get one that drowns me most places to do up over my hips. My favourite situation is when they apologise that they only have xxl or something and they're too big for everyone.

You can definitely climb that mountain though. Go out and get a coat you feel comfortable in and you can do it!

Yeah my hips are frigging massive :( Although 3 inches down on size from last month). The problem is, the high street outdoor shops don't cater to coats in my size (that have to accomodate my gargantuan hips, a wicking top, a mid-layer fleece and a top fleece). Anyway, out of hurt and anger this morning, I've ordered a £200 coat from Berghaus to try, in cherry pink!
    I'm having a bad day. We are going climbing in Brecon at the weekend, as preparation for the Ben Nevis challenge. I need a new coat. My boyfriend has been pulling out of various cupboards a collection of goretex coats. I have very subtly been telling him not to bother, i'll find my own, that i like, that fits properly etc. Last night he made me try on all of these coats. Not one of them fitted around my hips. It was a long exercise in humiliation. His comment was, 'oh you need one the same size as me then'. It didn't help. I went to bed and cried. Yes, i know I'm fat. I don't need to parade that in front of the people I love. I'm beginning to think this whole Ben Nevis idea was ridiculous. A woman my size has no business trying to climb mountains. Apologies for the self pitying rant. Feel very low today

Oh my gosh you so have to climb it! I would love to climb it, but my SO isn't into that kind of thing so you have to climb it for me! And what are you on about "woman my size", you can be the first woman your size to climb it then :wink: Don't let a coat put you off the idea, once you do the challenge you will realise a coat is a coat and it is totally worth getting it in a slightly bigger size. About 8 years ago (and 3 stone lighter) I travelled around Borneo for a month and I climbed Mt. Kinabalu which is 4,095.2m or 13,435.7ft above sea level and I was 13st which is... about 170lbs. It was a struggle but it was damn worth it once you get to the top!

I am really excited about the climb (it was people here that persuaded me i could do it) and I'm so looking forward to it. My boyfriend has now decided he is going to do it with me (its an overnight climb, in the dark, on behalf of the alzheimer's society). I don't have a problem with having to get a bigger sized coat, i have a problem finding a bigger sized coat, and i have a bigger problem trying on a succession of coats that don't fit and having to say to my partners, nope, too small and generally feeling like crap about myself (my problem, not theirs). Outdoor shops do not cater to 15 stone women who want to climb mountains.

I will climb it for you Lois :) I'll be posting pics and videos on my justgiving page (which you can get through my profile) so you can experience it yourself ;)

I wouldn't have said either of my partners would do this either, although my boyfriend used to be in the army, those days are long gone. But after i signed up to climb Ben Nevis, my boyfriend decided he would too, which I think is great for him, because its encouraged him to go to the gym and get fitter. My girlfriend won't do it, says she couldn't, but is coming climbing in Brecon at the weekend, so we've found an activity that we all like to do together, that isn't sitting in front of a screen.

Yea I completely get that. I despise clothes shopping and I despise changing rooms even more. If I have a good day I'll pick up all the clothes I'm brave enough to try on and then face the corner of the cubical changing until I'm dressed. I cannot bear to look at myself when I get dressed. Even at home I face away from the mirror until I'm done. So many times I've gone clothes shopping and ended in a puddle of tears because nothing fits.

I'm sure your girlfriend will change her mind after the climb this weekend. It would be good if you did it as a threesome, and it's great you have found something to do. Is it climbing as in wall climbing or climbing as in hiking? If its wall climbing you will have amazing arms!

Thank you for climbing it for me! I might have to Photoshop myself into a picture of the top! lol

Its hill climbing/hiking. We're going to Brecon in Wales this weekend, to do the 'fan dance', which is the UK Special Forces selection training ground. I'm intending to take it as a nice amble - and an excuse for a nice pub meal after!
    LOL photoshop away!

Hell yes! The most of Wales I've seen is Cardiff. I kinda got stuck in Kent. I'm getting better, drove to Torquay for a holiday last summer, and my SO's dad lives in Liverpool so I drive there twice a year. Need to find somewhere for this summer yet.
    Gonna have to look up 'Fan Dance' sounds fun, right up to the words UK Special Forces...then it didn't sound so fun. lol

Of! I live in Torquay on weekends! (London in the week).

I'll let you know how the fan dance is, I think it sounds fun!

Oh my god just for the weekend? I had a nightmare drive down, it took 6 hours! We got caught up in three places. I was going to stop off at Stone Henge but the traffic was so bad I just wanted to get there. lol

LOLOL it is a bit of a nightmare coming round from Kent. I live at the top of the M4 so its less hassle - but going down the A303 is never a good journey, particular during school holidays. I can do the journey door to door in about 2hrs 40 mins with no stops, but i leave late at night on Thursday and come back late on sunday.

EDIT: Apologies for the posting splurt! I'm catching up

Yes, this is what I do, but I much prefer your term for it! I'll use this from now on instead of "binge poster".