Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Get your popcorns ready!!!

Yesterday I was in the breakroom it was 12:00pm. My employee Stinky Rick whom I've mentioned before was just finishing up his lunch and heading back to our warehouse. I receive a phone call from my boss on my cellphone at 12:02.

Boss: "Where you at"
    AOJ: "I'm in the breakroom"
    Boss: "Why doesn't Rick know you're on break?"
    AOJ: "Rick literally just left me in the breakroom, he knows exactly where I am"
    Boss: "Not according to him, I need to see you when you're done"
    AOJ: "I'll be right there."

I get into her office

Boss: "What's going on with you, you haven't responded to any of my emails"
    AOJ: "I've responded to all of your emails"
    Boss: "We talked about them on the phone, but you didn't reply to the email"
    AOJ: "We talked about them, the issues were resolved, there didn't need to be a reply."
    Boss: "I'd appreciate it if you replied to my email"

She reiterates that somethings off. I talk to her about a couple issues that were bothering me.

Useless Manager becoming a Director, how I'm a supervisor that has to enforce operating procedures to managers who question me at every turn and go over my head with everything which totally demeans my position.

And she responds with "If you're so unhappy, find something else."

And that's when I blurted out "I did."

Her retort "Where do you think you're going to get a job working 8-5 monday through friday with weekends and holidays."

I said "Actually, I'll be getting even more holidays like Columbus Day, MLK Day, 1/2 day on Dec 23rd, December 24th and 25th off, oh and I'll be off at 430 every day, and in the off chance I'm not I'll be getting over time"

Her eyes got huge.

She locked herself in her office for 2 hours after that.

How's the air in there today - is she in war mode or scared mode?

Truthfully she's too busy today. She's not doing anything confrontational yet, because she's on vacation tomorrow, friday and monday, so they kinda need me here :). Tuesday she'll be in full blown *kitten* mode, no doubt about it.

I'm not trying to sound conceded, but nobody here does what I do, so it'll be interesting on how they replace me, since I perform 2 separate job functions which could very easily be taken as a conflict of interest, since I'm purchasing person who manages the receiving personnel, I could easily buy something and then receive it myself and no one would be the wiser until months later when reviewing their quarterly PNL. I've stopped being a dishonest person a long time ago though.

If they were smart they'd hire a warehouse supervisor and a purchasing clerk instead of trying to get someone to do the hybrid position I was doing. And 90% of my job really was all about managing my manager. I will not miss the 800 phone calls a day. I literally hate using the phone because of how many phone calls I get in a day.

What do you want to bet if they get someone to try to do both of your jobs that person WILL be dishonest? And it will take them a long time and several losses to notice it? Bad management all around. Those are the types of things and people that can single-handedly bring down a good, profitable company. Good thing you'll be out of there soon!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Momakanga wrote: »
    My husband will be happy to hear thanks to his beer belly he is now my trophy husband <3 Funny stuff!

I too have a trophy husband.

Me too!

I have a trophy husband for many reasons, only one being the big belly. LOL!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My daughter's stupid dog attacked a baby bunny in our backyard this morning. I'm SO over that little a-hole monster. If she didn't love him so much, he'd be gone. Mind you, he's a Chihuahua/minpin mix and he's far more vicious than my pit has EVER been.

Any chance of hiring a dog trainer? I did that as a gift to my son when he ended up with two untrained dogs within a short time frame and unexpectedly and was going crazy. It was pricey, but if you find the right trainer (which thankfully we did after some searching) they train the human to train the dog. That way you have the knowledge and skills not just for this dog but for any you may have in the future. It was well worth the price. Just a suggestion. (He and both the dogs are very happy now!)

That's the thing. We had a dog already when we got this little effer and she is an amazing companion animal. He was a product of my husband's parents dogs which are bonkers. Not only that, but he was with my SIL for a while and her youngest daughter did nothing but torture him (not actual torture, but close enough) constantly.

We were hoping that he'd follow our other dog's lead (she's incredible) and pick up good habits and obedience. That is not the case AT ALL. He basically refuses to poop outside unless someone stays out there with him, which we don't always have time to do, so he's been using my basement as a toilet.

He barks and growls and even nips at my husband constantly, he has terrible separation anxiety from my daughter. We even bought him one of those Thundershirts that are supposed to help with all kinds of stuff, they even have a 100% money back guarantee and he ate the side of it. He chews on anything, just completely destroys almost everything.

This sounds terrible, but I feel as though we've already spent enough money on this little demon even though we didn't pay for him, we spent A LOT at the vet and on supplies, not to mention all the things we've had to replace that he's destroyed, I don't know if I want to put anymore money in him. I never wanted a puppy in the first place.

That's a tough situation. I get it. Does it respond favorably to treats? One basic training technique is this small, hand-held clicker. Try googling some training techniques because all of your family members can do them. It's so frustrating to not have them listen to you at all, so I understand what you're saying.

No, he's a total a-hole. We've tried a lot of different things, and he just doesn't care.

Well, then, I'm out of ideas. Poor thing. Sounds like he was mistreated from the beginning and has long-term affects. It's so hard with animals because they can't tell you what would help them or what they need. Sorry for your troubles!

Thanks, @BZAH10 . I don't want to give up on him because I'm not one to believe in bad vs. good dogs. Maybe this summer I will have my daughter work with him to get him trained. I appreciate ALL your suggestions though. :smile:

You're welcome! Training is hard. I'm not good at it, that's why I don't have dogs. I think the key is finding what they do respond to. Some respond to food, others to positive attention or they need structured play times daily to use up some of their energy. Hope things get better!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Get your popcorns ready!!!

Yesterday I was in the breakroom it was 12:00pm. My employee Stinky Rick whom I've mentioned before was just finishing up his lunch and heading back to our warehouse. I receive a phone call from my boss on my cellphone at 12:02.

Boss: "Where you at"
    AOJ: "I'm in the breakroom"
    Boss: "Why doesn't Rick know you're on break?"
    AOJ: "Rick literally just left me in the breakroom, he knows exactly where I am"
    Boss: "Not according to him, I need to see you when you're done"
    AOJ: "I'll be right there."

I get into her office

Boss: "What's going on with you, you haven't responded to any of my emails"
    AOJ: "I've responded to all of your emails"
    Boss: "We talked about them on the phone, but you didn't reply to the email"
    AOJ: "We talked about them, the issues were resolved, there didn't need to be a reply."
    Boss: "I'd appreciate it if you replied to my email"

She reiterates that somethings off. I talk to her about a couple issues that were bothering me.

Useless Manager becoming a Director, how I'm a supervisor that has to enforce operating procedures to managers who question me at every turn and go over my head with everything which totally demeans my position.

And she responds with "If you're so unhappy, find something else."

And that's when I blurted out "I did."

Her retort "Where do you think you're going to get a job working 8-5 monday through friday with weekends and holidays."

I said "Actually, I'll be getting even more holidays like Columbus Day, MLK Day, 1/2 day on Dec 23rd, December 24th and 25th off, oh and I'll be off at 430 every day, and in the off chance I'm not I'll be getting over time"

Her eyes got huge.

She locked herself in her office for 2 hours after that.

How's the air in there today - is she in war mode or scared mode?

Truthfully she's too busy today. She's not doing anything confrontational yet, because she's on vacation tomorrow, friday and monday, so they kinda need me here :). Tuesday she'll be in full blown *kitten* mode, no doubt about it.

I'm not trying to sound conceded, but nobody here does what I do, so it'll be interesting on how they replace me, since I perform 2 separate job functions which could very easily be taken as a conflict of interest, since I'm purchasing person who manages the receiving personnel, I could easily buy something and then receive it myself and no one would be the wiser until months later when reviewing their quarterly PNL. I've stopped being a dishonest person a long time ago though.

If they were smart they'd hire a warehouse supervisor and a purchasing clerk instead of trying to get someone to do the hybrid position I was doing. And 90% of my job really was all about managing my manager. I will not miss the 800 phone calls a day. I literally hate using the phone because of how many phone calls I get in a day.

I suggest planting several Tuesday time-bombs then sit back and enjoy the meltdown. :D
  • BZAH10
    Options
    I am finally caught up...for now. I have several confessions to make so bare (just kidding) with me.

1. My step-daughter (the one that lost the baby) and her boyfriend broke up on Mother's Day, so she will be living with us for the time being. The being may be several years because she's wanting to go to college and can't afford to do so living on her own. I have all the emotions about this.
    2. My cat that I've had for over 10 years has been missing since last week. We live in kind of a wooded area with coyotes and hoot owls along with other creatures and I'm afraid he became dinner for something. The confession part; I'm not as torn up about his possible demise as I rightly should be. I feel terrible about that but I think it's because of all the other "stuff" I have going on right now.
    3. The flight is booked, resort reservations are made, and rental car is reserved for my husband and I's 15 year anniversary trip. We are going to Siesta Key, Florida for 7 days and I am super excited and terrified simultaneously. I have only flown once, when I was 5, have never been to the beach (live in Kansas), am extremely pale (see above) so I'll probably be horribly sunburned, and it will unfortunately be during my TOM, so that's going to be horribly uncomfortable.
    4. I have spent the last 3+ hours catching up on this thread as I was terribly behind because of having been so busy last week.

I'm sure there are a lot more, but I really should attempt to do some sort of work today. :*

How old is your step-daughter? Good for her for wanting to go to college, but I can clearly see how you'd have mixed feelings about that.

Sorry about your cat! Hope it either returns home safely or had a quick, painless demise.

Enjoy the anniversary trip! Depending on birth control, can't you take something to avoid TOM one time so that you don't have to worry about it? I had a medical procedure done as soon as I was done having kids (and had my tubes tied) because there was NO way I was going to deal with periods for the rest of my life.

She is 19, but dropped out of high school so she'll have to get her GED or diploma equivalent first. I have no idea how long that takes. I am also really happy she wants to go to college. I don't know how to feel because my husband is just really excited that he gets to make up somewhat for not being in her life all these years.

Thanks. I hope he comes back or is in kitty heaven. He probably isn't, because he was a jerk, but he was my jerk and I love him.

I thought about the birth control thing specifically for that reason. I'm not currently taking anything, but I may talk to my doctor about that before my trip. I don't really want to have to deal with that nonsense while trying to enjoy my first time on a beach at the ocean. Plus having to have the supplies in my carryon, no thanks.

Hopefully she'll get the GED quickly and won't let that slow down her momentum. I can see how your husband would feel that way, but at 19 it's not the same. I mean, not to be negative, but you start a whole new level of parenting: they are an adult, but live in your home. What rules do you set? What will she agree to? What is reasonable? It's not impossible. It can be done, but things such as curfews, overnight guests, drinking, etc. gets tricky. BTDT. Glad to be done.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I always feel really deflated when I come out of the gym. I really can't shake the feeling that the gym staff are talking about me and its starting to make me really uncomfortable. It is one guy in particular and he was the one I had to do my induction with. I don't know if it is a coincidence but whenever I get going he will walk over to another member of staff, start talking and they will start looking over at me. I was so close to bursting into tears and walking out today. I just can't zone it out. I'm sure it's me being paranoid, but I've never been paranoid about it before. I'm not paranoid when I swim in the same leisure centre or going running in the park. It is really putting me off going.

IF they are talking about you, maybe they are talking about awesome you are? Maybe they admire how hard you are working? Or they can just think you're hot :wink: Try not to go right to the negative.

Lol I really appreciate what you're saying but I don't think so :p
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    I hate my "mommy body". And I don't think any moms should get a free pass to be unhealthy because there's a new trend supporting "loving your mommy body". There's a difference between curves and obese, ladies... :-/

.....I've never said that out loud.....

I agree with this 100%. I've been in better shape post-kids than before. Yes, the shape of your body may change, but there's no reason that a mother needs to stay overweight and be satisfied with that.

I have the same opinion of that stuff going around about how women are more attracted to the "Dad bod". Um, no, no I'm not.

I dated a guy a few years ago that kind of had a "dad bod". (in other words, he had a beer belly). Being 26/27 years old and having a beer gut isn't attractive (if anything, it signaled a problem).

Note: I don't expect every guy to be ripped or anything, and I'm attracted to all kinds of body types (just not beer guts...)
    I hate my "mommy body". And I don't think any moms should get a free pass to be unhealthy because there's a new trend supporting "loving your mommy body". There's a difference between curves and obese, ladies... :-/

I agree with this 100%. I've been in better shape post-kids than before. Yes, the shape of your body may change, but there's no reason that a mother needs to stay overweight and be satisfied with that.

I have the same opinion of that stuff going around about how women are more attracted to the "Dad bod". Um, no, no I'm not.

I dated a guy a few years ago that kind of had a "dad bod". (in other words, he had a beer belly). Being 26/27 years old and having a beer gut isn't attractive (if anything, it signaled a problem).

Note: I don't expect every guy to be ripped or anything, and I'm attracted to all kinds of body types (just not beer guts...)

Lol saw this picture on Facebook and is my SO to a tee. Even down to the unbuttoned boxers. I still love him to bits though. <3

sxxje2bjwg1g.jpg
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Well I took those 64 calories I had left over and instead used them towards a 150 lite latte. Ahaa ;)
    #inthered
  • sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am finally caught up...for now. I have several confessions to make so bare (just kidding) with me.

1. My step-daughter (the one that lost the baby) and her boyfriend broke up on Mother's Day, so she will be living with us for the time being. The being may be several years because she's wanting to go to college and can't afford to do so living on her own. I have all the emotions about this.
    2. My cat that I've had for over 10 years has been missing since last week. We live in kind of a wooded area with coyotes and hoot owls along with other creatures and I'm afraid he became dinner for something. The confession part; I'm not as torn up about his possible demise as I rightly should be. I feel terrible about that but I think it's because of all the other "stuff" I have going on right now.
    3. The flight is booked, resort reservations are made, and rental car is reserved for my husband and I's 15 year anniversary trip. We are going to Siesta Key, Florida for 7 days and I am super excited and terrified simultaneously. I have only flown once, when I was 5, have never been to the beach (live in Kansas), am extremely pale (see above) so I'll probably be horribly sunburned, and it will unfortunately be during my TOM, so that's going to be horribly uncomfortable.
    4. I have spent the last 3+ hours catching up on this thread as I was terribly behind because of having been so busy last week.

I'm sure there are a lot more, but I really should attempt to do some sort of work today. :*

How old is your step-daughter? Good for her for wanting to go to college, but I can clearly see how you'd have mixed feelings about that.

Sorry about your cat! Hope it either returns home safely or had a quick, painless demise.

Enjoy the anniversary trip! Depending on birth control, can't you take something to avoid TOM one time so that you don't have to worry about it? I had a medical procedure done as soon as I was done having kids (and had my tubes tied) because there was NO way I was going to deal with periods for the rest of my life.

She is 19, but dropped out of high school so she'll have to get her GED or diploma equivalent first. I have no idea how long that takes. I am also really happy she wants to go to college. I don't know how to feel because my husband is just really excited that he gets to make up somewhat for not being in her life all these years.

Thanks. I hope he comes back or is in kitty heaven. He probably isn't, because he was a jerk, but he was my jerk and I love him.

I thought about the birth control thing specifically for that reason. I'm not currently taking anything, but I may talk to my doctor about that before my trip. I don't really want to have to deal with that nonsense while trying to enjoy my first time on a beach at the ocean. Plus having to have the supplies in my carryon, no thanks.

It really blows my mind that people reach adulthood without going to the beach - and then I realise that I grew up on an island rather than a continent and the world is a big place.

Confession: I'm going to Europe (London, Portugal) for my 30th and I am struggling to maintain control of my eating. I either want to binge on all the sweet foods or restrict like crazy to look good on the beach. More than once this week, I have had donuts for lunch or dinner and that's not helping me hit my protein goals. And I think the servo guy is judging me for how many donuts I've been eating.

Also, I think my PT has worked out that I work harder when I can see a reflection of myself....I just really like and am fascinated by having bicep definition.
  • cnoonannurse
    cnoonannurse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    CONFESSION: I skipped dinner this evening so I could have a slice of red velvet cheesecake and a cup of coffee this evening. Only miss d my calorie goal by 1...no regrets:)

Sounds terrific to me!
    It was absolutely worth EVERY bite!
  • cnoonannurse
    cnoonannurse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I can't handle people on lots of these threads don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...I apologize if I sound like a snob but it really grinds my gears. :s

What really gets ME is when I see someone use 'than' instead of 'then'. Poor grammar in general bothers me but I do admit I am a bit anal about it.

Oh, that one bugs me too!!!

The worst I've ever seen is "thoughs" instead of those. I'm just like ?????????? - Where does that come from?

I'm a huge spelling/grammar freak. lol The lack of spell check from people these days makes me so mad.

"Allowed" and "aloud" is one I'm seeing here more often. That one annoys me, too, but that is one of those that spell check won't change because it IS spelled correctly. Instead of spell check we need "proper grammar and sentence structure" check. Or, you know, just learn how to write the English language. (vent, sorry, not direct at anyone specific!)

I have a friend that constantly uses "defiantly" instead of "definitely" it makes me CRAZY!
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The dad bod thing irritates me because it's not about attraction or preference. If you read the articles that started it, it's about women who want to make sure they're more attractive than their partner so they can lord it over him and be in control, justified by saying if they date someone who is in better physical shape, it's too much work for them to keep up. Meanwhile, it's expected that he'll be so grateful that they even speak to him, let alone sleep with him, he won't dare ever say no to them. IOW, it's the epitome of wanting everything for as little effort as possible, and the guy's feelings and personality don't even figure in - he's just a piece of meat with a beer belly to make them look good standing next to him. The back assward equivalent of a trophy wife.

I was listening to a radio show on the way to work about this. They said exactly this - that the whole thing is based on the fact that women don't like dating men who are hotter/fitter than them. I thought it was a gross generalization until a whole bunch of women started calling in saying they encouraged their husbands to eat more/not work out so they could be the hot one in the relationship. Wtf??
    I will say the term 'Dadbod' itself annoys me. It is meaningless. Carrying children does change your body and shape so the term 'mombod' makes sense ( even though I lost my baby weight each time my body will never be what it used to be) but it can't be applied to middle-aged men who just eat too much/drink too much beer.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    The dad bod thing irritates me because it's not about attraction or preference. If you read the articles that started it, it's about women who want to make sure they're more attractive than their partner so they can lord it over him and be in control, justified by saying if they date someone who is in better physical shape, it's too much work for them to keep up. Meanwhile, it's expected that he'll be so grateful that they even speak to him, let alone sleep with him, he won't dare ever say no to them. IOW, it's the epitome of wanting everything for as little effort as possible, and the guy's feelings and personality don't even figure in - he's just a piece of meat with a beer belly to make them look good standing next to him. The back assward equivalent of a trophy wife.

I was listening to a radio show on the way to work about this. They said exactly this - that the whole thing is based on the fact that women don't like dating men who are hotter/fitter than them. I thought it was a gross generalization until a whole bunch of women started calling in saying they encouraged their husbands to eat more/not work out so they could be the hot one in the relationship. Wtf??
    I will say the term 'Dadbod' itself annoys me. It is meaningless. Carrying children does change your body and shape so the term 'mombod' makes sense ( even though I lost my baby weight each time my body will never be what it used to be) but it can't be applied to middle-aged men who just eat too much/drink too much beer.

I had to look up Dadbod to read more about it, because I just could wrap my head around it. I think I may be dumber now. I did find a good clip from The Daily Show really tearing it apart. It was from last night's episode if anyone wants to know.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Confession - I don't think I'm eating as much as I am supposed to eat.

If eating less is good, then eating a lot less is better, right? I hear we under estimate calories in and over estimate calories out, so I set my goal low and don't trust the calories burned. I am afraid to eat them back. I don't feel tired or weak, in fact I feel better than I have in a long time. Most of the time, I try to eat better because I am eating less. This week was a bit of a bust because my 7 year old gave me a pound of strawberries for Mother's Day and they had to be turned into Strawberry Shortcake. The little darling knows I am trying to watch what I eat and decided a big box of chocolates would make me sad, so he made a HUGE basket of all my favorite fruits. (I'll never be able to eat it all, unless I start a Bing Cherry Binge.)

I tell myself that I will eat more when I feel worse.

Confession 2 - Sometimes I open the freezer door just to stare at the Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Confession... I am pretty sure I've single-handedly funded the nations cutie/halo orange market for the past several years. I go through a 5lb bag in like 3 days.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... I am pretty sure I've single-handedly funded the nations cutie/halo orange market for the past several years. I go through a 5lb bag in like 3 days.

My son loves them. He takes one to school every day - they are the only orange-like-object he can peel for himself.

Bonus# - He was the only one in the house who made it through the winter without a cold.
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I get very addicted to certain foods. I was addicted to eating peanut butter, then it was chocolate and basically when I'm stressed or feeling anything negative, I'll eat whatever I'm addicted to to make myself better. In saying that, my latest one is good as it's flavoured tea. I have a box FULL of different varieties of tea and whenever I feel hungry, I have a cup of tea before eating. My favourite one is either Chocolate Orange or Strawberry and Cream.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I had ketchup and mayo with my hotdog today and didn't log either one! :o
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I had to look up Dadbod to read more about it, because I just could wrap my head around it. I think I may be dumber now. I did find a good clip from The Daily Show really tearing it apart. It was from last night's episode if anyone wants to know.

broscience tore it to shreds this week, too (Warning for those not familiar, that is NOT safe for work due to language and is entirely meant to be satire, though, it's awfully sincere satire this week)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I get very addicted to certain foods. I was addicted to eating peanut butter, then it was chocolate and basically when I'm stressed or feeling anything negative, I'll eat whatever I'm addicted to to make myself better. In saying that, my latest one is good as it's flavoured tea. I have a box FULL of different varieties of tea and whenever I feel hungry, I have a cup of tea before eating. My favourite one is either Chocolate Orange or Strawberry and Cream.

I don't drink tea much in the summer, but I'll drink it all day in the winter. I'm a Lady Grey addict.