Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    youtube.com/watch?t=106&v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

...have I mentioned that I'm a 45 years old?

Can't play it, what is it and should I be excited as well? :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I've been sorta obsessing about this myself and I'm 37.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

+1 I'm curious to what this is!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

The new Star Wars. I want to be excited about it, but I have trust issues due to JarJar.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

+1 I'm curious to what this is!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

I have to admit I will never understand the Star Wars craze.
  • Francl27
    Options

The new Star Wars teaser!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Pipara wrote: »
    I have completely irrational anxiety about talking on the phone to anyone but my immediate family. As a result I don't answer the phone when I don't recognise the number, most of the time I don't answer it even when I do. I absolutely hate having to call to make appointments (doctors, hair etc). Even my manager at work has taken the hint and now texts/emails me instead to ask if I can cover for someone.
    I can't remember if it's always been like this, but it is soo annoying sometimes!

This is me as well. I have telephonophobia. Unfortunately, my last two jobs have forced me to use the phone. I still hate it and get anxious every time I have to make a call. I have bills to pay so I push through. I try to do as much online/by email as possible though. :)

So, I'm sorry. I totally understand!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I have a (please don't judge me) question about hard boiled eggs.

Do you use a 'hard boiled egg' (say usda or whatever entry) for your hard boiled egg (weighing it of course) or do you just use a raw entry for the eggs you buy? I buy large eggs that say 70 calories per egg, but with the hard boiled listing it's now 78 calories. :blush:
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    OK, copy & paste this in your browser & take the space out from between the 2 ts in the beginning:

ht tps://www.youtube.com/watch?t=106&v=ngElkyQ6Rhs
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I am actually kind of excited to start a bit of exercise since throwing out my back on 4/8. It's starting to feel normal again. Gonna start doing some walking tomorrow and incorporate some back strengthening exercises once I feel confident that my back will hold up. This is the second time I've thrown out my back. Last Thursday was excruciating. I am going to try my hardest to prevent this.
    A core/back strengthening thing that worked for me was starting to sit on a yoga ball (professor here so I sit in front of a computer a lot). I've never thrown out my back, but had to do a bunch of PT for an "overly-flexible" disc, and making the chair swap did a lot of good things for me. YMMV, obviously.

Thank you for the tip. :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Slashnl wrote: »
    Speaking of super slow jogging pace... I confess that a few days ago, when I was "running", I was passed by someone who was walking. I made a comment to her about being slow, and she excused it by saying that she just has long legs. Ok, they were long, but still... she was walking. And I was "running". Ugh.

I'm a speed walker and pass joggers on the track. Everyone has their own pace and their own gait. Nothing wrong with it! Just keep doing what you're doing.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »

Do you use a 'hard boiled egg' (say usda or whatever entry) for your hard boiled egg (weighing it of course) or do you just use a raw entry for the eggs you buy? I buy large eggs that say 70 calories per egg, but with the hard boiled listing it's now 78 calories. :blush:

I use raw for any kind of egg, though with hard boiled it's an estimate. On average, it's 50g per large egg (not counting shell), but I've had some vary as much as 8g either way before.
  • Francl27
    Options

I just use an 'egg' entry for the brand I use.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options

I'm glad you asked this because, by strange coincidence, I'll be having two hardboiled eggs with supper... boiled them up last night for that purpose.

(And I would have just used the generic 1 large egg entry, that's what I do for poached.)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Should I still weigh the egg with the shell since I'll make them hard boiled? Or just say whatever and use ___ brand egg? I know 7 calories won't make a world of difference.
    Confession: I do not weigh my cracked eggs. Oops.
  • Lefty1290
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I also dislike baby showers. Where you all sit there and ohh and ahh over clothes that will just be puked on anyhow. :/
    ps I have no kids, shocker right? :smiley:

I'm the same- it's like throwing a birthday party for someone when it's not their birthday yet! Haha I get all butthurt over them but I go because I love my family and friends. Plus when I have kids one day they will be obligated to reciprocate!

It's not necessarily the shower part that bugs me, sometimes those games are Just. So. Awful.

I agree. I hate baby showers and the games.
  • Lefty1290
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I also dislike baby showers. Where you all sit there and ohh and ahh over clothes that will just be puked on anyhow. :/
    ps I have no kids, shocker right? :smiley:

Next time try paying more attention to the politics behind it, you'll have more fun. The baby shower isn't about the baby, so much as it's a competition between grandmothers to see who can outdo the other. Bonus if you have a competitive aunt-to-be or two in the mix. Who spent the most, who got the best reaction to their gift, who didn't show/left early/got there late. If the grandma's don't like each other, or one or both doesn't like the other one's kid, you can play passive-aggressive comment bingo. If there are step-grandma's involved, it may be even more entertaining, especially if the step-grandma is the more responsible or involved than the bio grandma.

Ahahahaha. This is great. I will definitely keep this in mind.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok so I went to the sugar thread after getting caught up on this. Sooo not judging but... Does anyone notice that it's like the same 3 or 4 people who blow up these threads? And get all nasty and judgmental? They seem to follow each other around.

I hope they never find their way to this thread.

I didn't read that thread, but I often see a group going thread to thread with their snarky 'expert' replies. There is one dude who is a total tool.

Yep he is the worst. I am pretty sure I know who you mean. I am surprised they let him continue.

If you say something he doesn't like and don't come back to the thread, he will hunt you down on other threads and chastise you for not returning.

Not cool.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    Speaking of showers. Every time my BF stays over he uses my shampoo, soap, deodorant and my toothpaste. Frankly, I don't like it for a number of reasons. We've talked about it, but he thinks I'm petty. Yesterday, I asked him where his stuff was, he said in his gym bag at work. Today, I hid the deodorant, when he asked where it was, I said, "It's gone".

I get it. I don't mind lending things to people to help them out in a pinch, but there's a limit.

I live with my brother, and his girlfriend stays over. A lot. She doesn't pay for anything and rarely helps out with housework so I have some issues with the both of them. She doesn't shower often, but I got annoyed with her for just helping herself to my blow dryer repeatedly. She knew she'd need one but didn't bring hers and would never ask to borrow mine. I got fed up and put it away in my room. The next weekend she asked what happened to it and I just replied "I don't know" and walked away.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Slashnl wrote: »
    Speaking of super slow jogging pace... I confess that a few days ago, when I was "running", I was passed by someone who was walking. I made a comment to her about being slow, and she excused it by saying that she just has long legs. Ok, they were long, but still... she was walking. And I was "running". Ugh.

I think I posted this several pages back, but I was out biking once and got passed by slow joggers lol.

Don't worry about it, just go your own pace :)