Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... I am pretty sure I've single-handedly funded the nations cutie/halo orange market for the past several years. I go through a 5lb bag in like 3 days.

My boyfriend called me a pre fermentation alcoholic the other day because I buy boxes of sable grapes about 3 times a week. They have to be those ones, they have ruined all other grapes for me, and you can only get them from a particular, more expensive, supermarket most of the time, so my grocery bill has gone up.

I'm not sure I've ever had a sable grape before. But I do like grapes. Hrmmm... *scratches chin*
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... I am pretty sure I've single-handedly funded the nations cutie/halo orange market for the past several years. I go through a 5lb bag in like 3 days.

So that's where the other half of the market is. 5lb bag...less than 30 hours. My husband was aghast at the rate in which I ate them.

LOL nice. I have to limit myself!
  • jingerbird
    jingerbird Posts: 25 Member
    I am really good with food when I am being 'monitored' by others but the moment I am by myself, I look for excuses to eat food that I know that I shouldn't. I even engineer times so that I can be by myself in the kitchen so that I can eat secretly. For example, I will make my BF a cup of coffee so that he won't come into the kitchen.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    The dad bod thing irritates me because it's not about attraction or preference. If you read the articles that started it, it's about women who want to make sure they're more attractive than their partner so they can lord it over him and be in control, justified by saying if they date someone who is in better physical shape, it's too much work for them to keep up. Meanwhile, it's expected that he'll be so grateful that they even speak to him, let alone sleep with him, he won't dare ever say no to them. IOW, it's the epitome of wanting everything for as little effort as possible, and the guy's feelings and personality don't even figure in - he's just a piece of meat with a beer belly to make them look good standing next to him. The back assward equivalent of a trophy wife.

I was listening to a radio show on the way to work about this. They said exactly this - that the whole thing is based on the fact that women don't like dating men who are hotter/fitter than them. I thought it was a gross generalization until a whole bunch of women started calling in saying they encouraged their husbands to eat more/not work out so they could be the hot one in the relationship. Wtf??
    I will say the term 'Dadbod' itself annoys me. It is meaningless. Carrying children does change your body and shape so the term 'mombod' makes sense ( even though I lost my baby weight each time my body will never be what it used to be) but it can't be applied to middle-aged men who just eat too much/drink too much beer.

I had to look up Dadbod to read more about it, because I just could wrap my head around it. I think I may be dumber now. I did find a good clip from The Daily Show really tearing it apart. It was from last night's episode if anyone wants to know.

broscience tore it to shreds this week, too (Warning for those not familiar, that is NOT safe for work due to language and is entirely meant to be satire, though, it's awfully sincere satire this week)

Broscience guy cracks me up! "Now we will descend into the pits of hell...the female psyche." Bwahahahaha!
  • quiksylver296
    So I just found out via my boyfriend that my cousin finally O.Ded.

Can't say I am surprised, just at how suddenly it happened. I honestly expected her to live for a bit longer, but we all knew this was coming. After her suicide attempt a month ago.

Even though I'm not really "saddened" by it (because of a long history of her being a terrible person) I still find myself more concerned with her family. Her brothers are actually glad she's dead...which is awful I know, but she really did awful things to them for YEARS so I guess I can't blame them.

I'm still rather shocked, somber and weirdly I want to eat everything. I can only assume because even though I am not particular affected by this news, it is still something to be upset about as a whole.

Man... all I want is cinnamon buns, but I settled for sushi again, cause at least it'll make me feel full.

Buh...I just feel...awful. So much for a good day. Oh well, books will make me feel slightly better.

Those conflicting emotions are hard to deal with. I had the same problem when my ex-husband killed himself. You didn't like them, and you don't miss them, and that makes you feel guilty like you are a bad person.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    The dad bod thing irritates me because it's not about attraction or preference. If you read the articles that started it, it's about women who want to make sure they're more attractive than their partner so they can lord it over him and be in control, justified by saying if they date someone who is in better physical shape, it's too much work for them to keep up. Meanwhile, it's expected that he'll be so grateful that they even speak to him, let alone sleep with him, he won't dare ever say no to them. IOW, it's the epitome of wanting everything for as little effort as possible, and the guy's feelings and personality don't even figure in - he's just a piece of meat with a beer belly to make them look good standing next to him. The back assward equivalent of a trophy wife.

I was listening to a radio show on the way to work about this. They said exactly this - that the whole thing is based on the fact that women don't like dating men who are hotter/fitter than them. I thought it was a gross generalization until a whole bunch of women started calling in saying they encouraged their husbands to eat more/not work out so they could be the hot one in the relationship. Wtf??
    I will say the term 'Dadbod' itself annoys me. It is meaningless. Carrying children does change your body and shape so the term 'mombod' makes sense ( even though I lost my baby weight each time my body will never be what it used to be) but it can't be applied to middle-aged men who just eat too much/drink too much beer.

I had to look up Dadbod to read more about it, because I just could wrap my head around it. I think I may be dumber now. I did find a good clip from The Daily Show really tearing it apart. It was from last night's episode if anyone wants to know.

broscience tore it to shreds this week, too (Warning for those not familiar, that is NOT safe for work due to language and is entirely meant to be satire, though, it's awfully sincere satire this week)

That was hilarious!!

I'm not going to lie, I got bored half way through and decided to watch 77 Gym fails instead. THAT was hilarious, but mean at the same time.
  • quiksylver296
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession of the day is that I woke up at 1.30 this morning from a dream where I offended everyone on this thread. I HAD to check it and read through the last 10 pages to check it wasn't true so I could go back to sleep.

That's really cute. I love that you are dreaming about us and worried you'll get ostracized. <3
  • quiksylver296
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Ok, I'm caught up. Here's my confession of the day: I gave blood yesterday. I had the juice, a cookie, and raisins after. An hour later I went to a meeting with people I had never met before...and passed out. So embarrassing! I then decided I needed to "get my blood sugar up." So I ate chocolate, ice cream, and more chocolate. I logged it all and ended up 1007 calories over for the day. I am going to have to work hard through the week to mitigate that!

I can't give blood because I pass out. Sounds embarrassing, but you did a good thing. Hopefully you feel proud of that part.

Here's the thing about giving blood. You can't judge yourself based on your ability to do it. My brother is 26, fit, healthy, super rock-climbing, kayaking, all-round action man. Passes out when he gives blood. I'm a girl with borderline iron levels for giving blood, 5'2", not that fit, yet I've never passed out when I have given blood successfully (about 12 times). Don't worry about it, giving blood is just not for everyone! At least you tried.

I donate all the time. I am 0- (universal donor) so they love me. As a matter of fact I am overdue and will go tomorrow as I took a personal day tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me. The blood donation places LOVE me because I am also CMV-. Which is apparently some virus most of the population gets as a child and toy don't show symptoms usually bit it can kill premature babies. So they give my blood to premature babies. I love that and am irrationally proud of it (irrational because I had zero control over that it's fate and genetics).

My mom is the same, and it makes me a little jealous. LOL I want my blood to go to little premature babies. :'(
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Back story: I married my husband and 6 months later, we both joined the Air Force together. At our first base I got pregnant, had a baby, got pregnant 9 months later, and had another baby. I've been in a total of 4 years now. We have PT (run, sit-ups, and push ups) tests every 6 months (1 year if you excel - I never do) and I've never failed a PT test. I have gained a lot of weight and lost it over the years as a result of those pregnancies and even before the military (I lost 100 lbs in college - not the healthy way).

Confession: I have NO sympathy for active duty (AD) military moms who fail PT tests. I also don't really respect moms who get out of the military and become stay-at-home-moms. I feel really bad, but when a woman tells me she "used to be AD and now stays home with the kids" or "takes care of the house", I think "no one cares". Military life is really hard, especially if both a husband and wife are active and I know not everyone is cut out for it, but don't tell me that you used to work hard for your money and defend the constitution and now you just sit on your butt all day and spend your husband's money.

It's something that I struggle with all the time. I know I should respect anyone who puts on the uniform and recites the oath, but sometimes it is hard.

Please don't hate on the military for my shortcomings!! I swear I am a very respectful person and I would not confess this feeling to any mom out there.

I guess you have never been a stay at home mom...it is a LOT of work! I bet you would not last a month seeing how you misjudge that situation.....

Personally I work, but I have the UTMOST respect for stay at home moms and all the work they do!

^^^This!
  • quiksylver296
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

That was hilarious!!

I'm not going to lie, I got bored half way through and decided to watch 77 Gym fails instead. THAT was hilarious, but mean at the same time.

I'm going there next!
  • quiksylver296
    Ok, caught up again. Confession of the day: I posted on MFP about giving blood and passing out at work before I called my mom and told her about it. My mom is on MFP. She saw it on the internet before I told her in person. I'm 40 years old and in trouble with my mommy... :p
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Sch614 wrote: »
    My daughter asked me why I was dressed up yesterday and the only difference was that I was wearing a v neck T-shirt instead of a graphic tee. Guess I set the bar REALLY low!!

I'm way behind because I'm training someone at work this week. :(

But I wanted to say, that is a super cute guinea pig picture!
  • kellienw335
    Last night's dinner was a package of peanut butter/cheese crackers sandwiches and ice cream. Oh, and beer I didn't log. *tra la la*

If you didn't log it, then it never happened! Right?!? That's my view, unfortunately my scale won't play along with this game!
  • kellienw335
    CynSearly wrote: »
    Confession: My husband is not as serious about his health as he should be, and that scares me. A lot.

I feel your pain! My husband won't even go for a walk with me on the weekends. I let him hold me back for a long time because he wouldn't workout so I didn't either. He works from home and gets zero exercise. In the past I've tried yelling, guilt, compassion, empathy; nothing works.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    edited May 2015
    I had a whoosh this morning but I don't believe it's true even though I weighed myself the exact same way I always do. IF the scale is correct, which, there's just no way, I weigh less NOW, than I did before I got pregnant with my daughter 14 years ago! How is that possible?!

Confession: My husband is on this site and using it faithfully, but he's SO lazy when it comes to logging his food. He just basically picks the first thing in the list that is somewhat remotely close to what he is eating/has eaten. It makes me furious that he's so lazy about it. He's still losing weight and I think that's what I'm most irritated by. Sometimes, I'm not a very good wife. :(

edited, because spelling words correctly in the morning can be hard sometimes.
  • quiksylver296
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I had a whoosh this morning but I don't believe it's true even though I weighed myself the exact same way I always do. IF the scale is correct, which, there's just no way, I way less NOW, than I did when I got pregnant with my daughter 14 years ago! How is that possible?!

Confession: My husband is on this site and using it faithfully, but he's SO lazy when it comes to logging his food. He just basically picks the first thing in the list that is somewhat remotely close to what he is eating/has eaten. It makes me furious that he's so lazy about it. He's still losing weight and I think that's what I'm most irritated by. Sometimes, I'm not a very good wife. :(

First part - AWESOME! Second part - totally understandable. My husband will go to the gym religiously, but won't track what he eats AT ALL! It frustrates me to no end. I just leave it alone. He'll have to figure it out for himself. But inside, I seethe.
  • m1xm0d3
    CynSearly wrote: »
    Confession: My husband is not as serious about his health as he should be, and that scares me. A lot.

I feel your pain! My husband won't even go for a walk with me on the weekends. I let him hold me back for a long time because he wouldn't workout so I didn't either. He works from home and gets zero exercise. In the past I've tried yelling, guilt, compassion, empathy; nothing works.

I mean that's just terrible.... I am curious what his defense is when you sincerely tell him you are genuinely worried about his long term health?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    I had a whoosh this morning but I don't believe it's true even though I weighed myself the exact same way I always do. IF the scale is correct, which, there's just no way, I way less NOW, than I did when I got pregnant with my daughter 14 years ago! How is that possible?!

First part - AWESOME! Second part - totally understandable. My husband will go to the gym religiously, but won't track what he eats AT ALL! It frustrates me to no end. I just leave it alone. He'll have to figure it out for himself. But inside, I seethe.

THANKS!!! <3

I guess as long as he's losing, that's really all that matters. Also, I wish my husband wanted to go to the gym, but he has ZERO interest in that. Right now, he definitely has the "dad bod". Which is such a ridiculous trend. I would prefer he had a body like Jax Teller, but I love him squishy bits and all.

• m1xm0d3
    edited May 2015

I've been keeping a running total in my mind throughout the day for the past few years so unless I know I will be at the brink of going over, I usually don't log. Or if I do, it's just the usual stuff I eat while at work. Then when I leave work I know how many calories I have for dinner and snack. Once I am home I usually never log or finish my day because I know I am well within my goal.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Been watching the "dadbod" convo with interest.

I'll admit I outkicked my coverage with my wife. Pretty much the ideal woman I dreamed about as a teenager. She's always been slim, and while I was fit when we met & throughout my 20s, I spent my 30s getting fat & drinking lots of beer.

At my heaviest, when I would meet her co-workers for the first time, I got a lot of raised eyebrows and "Wow, she's with HIM?" looks. But she never gave me any grief; it wasn't until I started hating pictures of myself that I started to get serious about my health.

Since I've got back into shape again, its funny. She's dropped a couple of "well, I guess I'M the fat one now"s. She'll get p*ssed when I work out & she doesn't feel like it, but she'll begrudgingly join me. She'll roll her eyes & get irritated when we go out to a nice restaurant & I order my go-to chicken caesar dry, with balsamic on the side.

I never gave it much thought before, but maybe there IS something to this "trophy husband" concept after all??

• heather_riffenburg1
    heather_riffenburg1 Posts: 194 Member
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I have done this too. It actually tastes pretty good too.