Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    The dad bod thing irritates me because it's not about attraction or preference. If you read the articles that started it, it's about women who want to make sure they're more attractive than their partner so they can lord it over him and be in control, justified by saying if they date someone who is in better physical shape, it's too much work for them to keep up. Meanwhile, it's expected that he'll be so grateful that they even speak to him, let alone sleep with him, he won't dare ever say no to them. IOW, it's the epitome of wanting everything for as little effort as possible, and the guy's feelings and personality don't even figure in - he's just a piece of meat with a beer belly to make them look good standing next to him. The back assward equivalent of a trophy wife.

I was listening to a radio show on the way to work about this. They said exactly this - that the whole thing is based on the fact that women don't like dating men who are hotter/fitter than them. I thought it was a gross generalization until a whole bunch of women started calling in saying they encouraged their husbands to eat more/not work out so they could be the hot one in the relationship. Wtf??
    I will say the term 'Dadbod' itself annoys me. It is meaningless. Carrying children does change your body and shape so the term 'mombod' makes sense ( even though I lost my baby weight each time my body will never be what it used to be) but it can't be applied to middle-aged men who just eat too much/drink too much beer.

I had to look up Dadbod to read more about it, because I just could wrap my head around it. I think I may be dumber now. I did find a good clip from The Daily Show really tearing it apart. It was from last night's episode if anyone wants to know.

Ha! I DVR The Daily Show. I'm watching last night's episode right now.
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So I just found out via my boyfriend that my cousin finally O.Ded.

Can't say I am surprised, just at how suddenly it happened. I honestly expected her to live for a bit longer, but we all knew this was coming. After her suicide attempt a month ago.

Even though I'm not really "saddened" by it (because of a long history of her being a terrible person) I still find myself more concerned with her family. Her brothers are actually glad she's dead...which is awful I know, but she really did awful things to them for YEARS so I guess I can't blame them.

I'm still rather shocked, somber and weirdly I want to eat everything. I can only assume because even though I am not particular affected by this news, it is still something to be upset about as a whole.

Man... all I want is cinnamon buns, but I settled for sushi again, cause at least it'll make me feel full.

Buh...I just feel...awful. So much for a good day. Oh well, books will make me feel slightly better.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I hate my "mommy body". And I don't think any moms should get a free pass to be unhealthy because there's a new trend supporting "loving your mommy body". There's a difference between curves and obese, ladies... :-/

.....I've never said that out loud.....

Thank you!! I actually said that to myself just before I joined MFP. When I said something along those lines to my husband, he chuckled and said "So, you think you crossed a line?" Meaning a weight line, of course. And I had to agree that I had, indeed, crossed a line and it was time to do something about it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I always feel really deflated when I come out of the gym. I really can't shake the feeling that the gym staff are talking about me and its starting to make me really uncomfortable. It is one guy in particular and he was the one I had to do my induction with. I don't know if it is a coincidence but whenever I get going he will walk over to another member of staff, start talking and they will start looking over at me. I was so close to bursting into tears and walking out today. I just can't zone it out. I'm sure it's me being paranoid, but I've never been paranoid about it before. I'm not paranoid when I swim in the same leisure centre or going running in the park. It is really putting me off going.

It's just a coincidence! Focus on something else!
    I always feel really deflated when I come out of the gym. I really can't shake the feeling that the gym staff are talking about me and its starting to make me really uncomfortable. It is one guy in particular and he was the one I had to do my induction with. I don't know if it is a coincidence but whenever I get going he will walk over to another member of staff, start talking and they will start looking over at me. I was so close to bursting into tears and walking out today. I just can't zone it out. I'm sure it's me being paranoid, but I've never been paranoid about it before. I'm not paranoid when I swim in the same leisure centre or going running in the park. It is really putting me off going.

Screw them! Show them what you can do!

Argh I really can't. It's been going on for about 6 weeks now. I'm not locked into a contract so I could move gyms...

Any gym routine's you can suggest? I started NROLFW but I couldn't get on with the schedule on week 2 and it kind of collapsed after that. Now I just do bodyweight resistance training and interval training on the static bike.

I use Stronglifts 5X5. There's an app you can download and follow at stronglifts.com. I love it. So far I am up to 110 bench press, 70 pound OHP, 170 pound squats, 205 pound deadlifts and 95 pound rows. I love seeing the progress and I have muscles starting to show!

Awesome job.

I need to start lifting to help maybe get rid of some loose skin.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I confess that I fell off the treadmill & had to pull at the dangling cord to turn it off because I was playing a Hidden Object game & had to find the last piece of the scene I needed damnit lol! I got back up & walked on the treadmill for a few more minutes.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Can't say I am surprised, just at how suddenly it happened. I honestly expected her to live for a bit longer, but we all knew this was coming. After her suicide attempt a month ago.

Even though I'm not really "saddened" by it (because of a long history of her being a terrible person) I still find myself more concerned with her family. Her brothers are actually glad she's dead...which is awful I know, but she really did awful things to them for YEARS so I guess I can't blame them.

I'm still rather shocked, somber and weirdly I want to eat everything. I can only assume because even though I am not particular affected by this news, it is still something to be upset about as a whole.

Man... all I want is cinnamon buns, but I settled for sushi again, cause at least it'll make me feel full.

Buh...I just feel...awful. So much for a good day. Oh well, books will make me feel slightly better.

Oh wow. I'm sorry. I don't know what to say except I hope your family can heal.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »
    I've eaten really badly for the past two days (two whole pizza Hut large pizzas and a side of cheese wedges) and today has already gotten off to a bad start. Not even 7am and double helping of porridge with the most obscene amount of golden syrup and a muller light chocolate yoghurt :( Trying to talk myself out of a caramel coffee. Why do I sabotage myself like this? I'm losing weight, and I'm seeing the effects of my gym regime and now I'm eating like pacman. No prospect of exercise until later this afternoon. So annoyed with myself
    I know that feeling, and wish I knew why progress can be a setback. Maybe weigh yourself less often so the small successes aren't obvious ? And why is it seem so easy to undo hard work

I love your avatar!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Confession: I cannot stand slower than time pedestrians crossing the street. I'm saying this as a person who walks every day and rides in a car maybe once a week. If there is tons of traffic and a car had to stop to let you pass, hurry the heck up. Everyone wants to get where they are going, not just you.

jack-sparrow-run.gif?w=594
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    The dad bod thing irritates me because it's not about attraction or preference. If you read the articles that started it, it's about women who want to make sure they're more attractive than their partner so they can lord it over him and be in control, justified by saying if they date someone who is in better physical shape, it's too much work for them to keep up. Meanwhile, it's expected that he'll be so grateful that they even speak to him, let alone sleep with him, he won't dare ever say no to them. IOW, it's the epitome of wanting everything for as little effort as possible, and the guy's feelings and personality don't even figure in - he's just a piece of meat with a beer belly to make them look good standing next to him. The back assward equivalent of a trophy wife.

I was listening to a radio show on the way to work about this. They said exactly this - that the whole thing is based on the fact that women don't like dating men who are hotter/fitter than them. I thought it was a gross generalization until a whole bunch of women started calling in saying they encouraged their husbands to eat more/not work out so they could be the hot one in the relationship. Wtf??
    I will say the term 'Dadbod' itself annoys me. It is meaningless. Carrying children does change your body and shape so the term 'mombod' makes sense ( even though I lost my baby weight each time my body will never be what it used to be) but it can't be applied to middle-aged men who just eat too much/drink too much beer.

I had to look up Dadbod to read more about it, because I just could wrap my head around it. I think I may be dumber now. I did find a good clip from The Daily Show really tearing it apart. It was from last night's episode if anyone wants to know.

broscience tore it to shreds this week, too (Warning for those not familiar, that is NOT safe for work due to language and is entirely meant to be satire, though, it's awfully sincere satire this week)

That was hilarious!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Confession - I don't think I'm eating as much as I am supposed to eat.

If eating less is good, then eating a lot less is better, right? I hear we under estimate calories in and over estimate calories out, so I set my goal low and don't trust the calories burned. I am afraid to eat them back. I don't feel tired or weak, in fact I feel better than I have in a long time. Most of the time, I try to eat better because I am eating less. This week was a bit of a bust because my 7 year old gave me a pound of strawberries for Mother's Day and they had to be turned into Strawberry Shortcake. The little darling knows I am trying to watch what I eat and decided a big box of chocolates would make me sad, so he made a HUGE basket of all my favorite fruits. (I'll never be able to eat it all, unless I start a Bing Cherry Binge.)

I tell myself that I will eat more when I feel worse.

Confession 2 - Sometimes I open the freezer door just to stare at the Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.

Sometimes when I don't have any calories left I'll smell food haha.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

**warning - Despite my working hard to avoid it, I am very talented at putting my foot in my mouth. Please read this knowing that if it comes off sounding wrong it was not meant that way**

This is a complicated situation where there are no good answers. However you feel about it is ok, if you are fine, if you feel blah but can't put your finger on why....any or all of your feelings are normal as you process this. The OD is tragic and shocking. No matter what your cousin did or didn't do while she was alive it is tragic that a life ended that way and it is tragic that her life as she lived it was lived in a way that left people who "should" have been close to her glad to hear the news of her passing. My own personal opinion is that some grief over the person she could have been and the role she could have played in all of your lives is possible. The grieving of what "could have been" while at the same time the release from the reality of the way she was choosing to treat people is likely to cause mixed feelings. My sincerest sympathies to you and your family. I hope you all find peace and healing.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

broscience tore it to shreds this week, too (Warning for those not familiar, that is NOT safe for work due to language and is entirely meant to be satire, though, it's awfully sincere satire this week)

That was hilarious!!

His videos irritated me until I saw an interview with him out of character. He's such a humble, normal person when he's not playing Dom for the camera, that now I can just enjoy the show for the character it is. I think this one was close to home for him, though.
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

**warning - Despite my working hard to avoid it, I am very talented at putting my foot in my mouth. Please read this knowing that if it comes off sounding wrong it was not meant that way**

This is a complicated situation where there are no good answers. However you feel about it is ok, if you are fine, if you feel blah but can't put your finger on why....any or all of your feelings are normal as you process this. The OD is tragic and shocking. No matter what your cousin did or didn't do while she was alive it is tragic that a life ended that way and it is tragic that her life as she lived it was lived in a way that left people who "should" have been close to her glad to hear the news of her passing. My own personal opinion is that some grief over the person she could have been and the role she could have played in all of your lives is possible. The grieving of what "could have been" while at the same time the release from the reality of the way she was choosing to treat people is likely to cause mixed feelings. My sincerest sympathies to you and your family. I hope you all find peace and healing.

Thank you, that really explains my predicament pretty well.

We all tried to help her, but unfortunately we cannot help those who do not wish to help themselves.

I just hope she's finally released from her pain and suffering. She doesn't deserve that, no matter what kind of a person she was. No one really deserves that.

I just hope my aunt and uncle will be alright, it's sad that we all expected this day to come, just not this soon...
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    sst036 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I am finally caught up...for now. I have several confessions to make so bare (just kidding) with me.

1. My step-daughter (the one that lost the baby) and her boyfriend broke up on Mother's Day, so she will be living with us for the time being. The being may be several years because she's wanting to go to college and can't afford to do so living on her own. I have all the emotions about this.
    2. My cat that I've had for over 10 years has been missing since last week. We live in kind of a wooded area with coyotes and hoot owls along with other creatures and I'm afraid he became dinner for something. The confession part; I'm not as torn up about his possible demise as I rightly should be. I feel terrible about that but I think it's because of all the other "stuff" I have going on right now.
    3. The flight is booked, resort reservations are made, and rental car is reserved for my husband and I's 15 year anniversary trip. We are going to Siesta Key, Florida for 7 days and I am super excited and terrified simultaneously. I have only flown once, when I was 5, have never been to the beach (live in Kansas), am extremely pale (see above) so I'll probably be horribly sunburned, and it will unfortunately be during my TOM, so that's going to be horribly uncomfortable.
    4. I have spent the last 3+ hours catching up on this thread as I was terribly behind because of having been so busy last week.

I'm sure there are a lot more, but I really should attempt to do some sort of work today. :*

How old is your step-daughter? Good for her for wanting to go to college, but I can clearly see how you'd have mixed feelings about that.

Sorry about your cat! Hope it either returns home safely or had a quick, painless demise.

Enjoy the anniversary trip! Depending on birth control, can't you take something to avoid TOM one time so that you don't have to worry about it? I had a medical procedure done as soon as I was done having kids (and had my tubes tied) because there was NO way I was going to deal with periods for the rest of my life.

She is 19, but dropped out of high school so she'll have to get her GED or diploma equivalent first. I have no idea how long that takes. I am also really happy she wants to go to college. I don't know how to feel because my husband is just really excited that he gets to make up somewhat for not being in her life all these years.

Thanks. I hope he comes back or is in kitty heaven. He probably isn't, because he was a jerk, but he was my jerk and I love him.

I thought about the birth control thing specifically for that reason. I'm not currently taking anything, but I may talk to my doctor about that before my trip. I don't really want to have to deal with that nonsense while trying to enjoy my first time on a beach at the ocean. Plus having to have the supplies in my carryon, no thanks.

It really blows my mind that people reach adulthood without going to the beach - and then I realise that I grew up on an island rather than a continent and the world is a big place.

Confession: I'm going to Europe (London, Portugal) for my 30th and I am struggling to maintain control of my eating. I either want to binge on all the sweet foods or restrict like crazy to look good on the beach. More than once this week, I have had donuts for lunch or dinner and that's not helping me hit my protein goals. And I think the servo guy is judging me for how many donuts I've been eating.

Also, I think my PT has worked out that I work harder when I can see a reflection of myself....I just really like and am fascinated by having bicep definition.

I find myself flexing in pretty much any and all reflective surfaces. I love my biceps and delts now.

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Get your popcorns ready!!!

Yesterday I was in the breakroom it was 12:00pm. My employee Stinky Rick whom I've mentioned before was just finishing up his lunch and heading back to our warehouse. I receive a phone call from my boss on my cellphone at 12:02.

Boss: "Where you at"
    AOJ: "I'm in the breakroom"
    Boss: "Why doesn't Rick know you're on break?"
    AOJ: "Rick literally just left me in the breakroom, he knows exactly where I am"
    Boss: "Not according to him, I need to see you when you're done"
    AOJ: "I'll be right there."

I get into her office

Boss: "What's going on with you, you haven't responded to any of my emails"
    AOJ: "I've responded to all of your emails"
    Boss: "We talked about them on the phone, but you didn't reply to the email"
    AOJ: "We talked about them, the issues were resolved, there didn't need to be a reply."
    Boss: "I'd appreciate it if you replied to my email"

She reiterates that somethings off. I talk to her about a couple issues that were bothering me.

Useless Manager becoming a Director, how I'm a supervisor that has to enforce operating procedures to managers who question me at every turn and go over my head with everything which totally demeans my position.

And she responds with "If you're so unhappy, find something else."

And that's when I blurted out "I did."

Her retort "Where do you think you're going to get a job working 8-5 monday through friday with weekends and holidays."

I said "Actually, I'll be getting even more holidays like Columbus Day, MLK Day, 1/2 day on Dec 23rd, December 24th and 25th off, oh and I'll be off at 430 every day, and in the off chance I'm not I'll be getting over time"

Her eyes got huge.

She locked herself in her office for 2 hours after that.

>:)

Good Stuff!! Sounds like something I would do lol
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Back story: I married my husband and 6 months later, we both joined the Air Force together. At our first base I got pregnant, had a baby, got pregnant 9 months later, and had another baby. I've been in a total of 4 years now. We have PT (run, sit-ups, and push ups) tests every 6 months (1 year if you excel - I never do) and I've never failed a PT test. I have gained a lot of weight and lost it over the years as a result of those pregnancies and even before the military (I lost 100 lbs in college - not the healthy way).

Confession: I have NO sympathy for active duty (AD) military moms who fail PT tests. I also don't really respect moms who get out of the military and become stay-at-home-moms. I feel really bad, but when a woman tells me she "used to be AD and now stays home with the kids" or "takes care of the house", I think "no one cares". Military life is really hard, especially if both a husband and wife are active and I know not everyone is cut out for it, but don't tell me that you used to work hard for your money and defend the constitution and now you just sit on your butt all day and spend your husband's money.

It's something that I struggle with all the time. I know I should respect anyone who puts on the uniform and recites the oath, but sometimes it is hard.

Please don't hate on the military for my shortcomings!! I swear I am a very respectful person and I would not confess this feeling to any mom out there.

I guess you have never been a stay at home mom...it is a LOT of work! I bet you would not last a month seeing how you misjudge that situation.....

Personally I work, but I have the UTMOST respect for stay at home moms and all the work they do!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... I am pretty sure I've single-handedly funded the nations cutie/halo orange market for the past several years. I go through a 5lb bag in like 3 days.

My boyfriend called me a pre fermentation alcoholic the other day because I buy boxes of sable grapes about 3 times a week. They have to be those ones, they have ruined all other grapes for me, and you can only get them from a particular, more expensive, supermarket most of the time, so my grocery bill has gone up.
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... I am pretty sure I've single-handedly funded the nations cutie/halo orange market for the past several years. I go through a 5lb bag in like 3 days.

So that's where the other half of the market is. 5lb bag...less than 30 hours. My husband was aghast at the rate in which I ate them.
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Confession: While I love my husband to death, he is growing much closer to death by stealing all the tasty food off of my plate. Seriously, leave my cheese alone in the salad. If you want more cheese, than I will get up and put more in your salad. But I have carefully measured mine for calories and am not willing to share.
  • Ccuser99
    Ccuser99 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I took tablets that were not for human consumption to kick start my weight loss.. Nearly killed me! :( don't do it, no matter how depressed you get. Positive support from people on here helped me to get a healthy mindset! Never felt better!! Thank you mfp peeps you probably saved my life! X