Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    CynSearly wrote: »
    Confession: My husband is not as serious about his health as he should be, and that scares me. A lot.

I feel your pain! My husband won't even go for a walk with me on the weekends. I let him hold me back for a long time because he wouldn't workout so I didn't either. He works from home and gets zero exercise. In the past I've tried yelling, guilt, compassion, empathy; nothing works.

I mean that's just terrible.... I am curious what his defense is when you sincerely tell him you are genuinely worried about his long term health?

He says he'll workout and then doesn't. The conversation has been going on for over six years. The thing is, his dad died in his early 60s because of complications from diabetes and not taking care of himself. He had one leg amputated above the knee and then his other foot was amputated a couple years before he died. My husband at this point does not have diabetes, but I feel like it's inevitable. We have a 7 year old and a 2 year old and not only is he setting a terrible example, but sometimes I feel like he doesn't care if he'll be there when they get older.

Sorry for the rant.
  • emmajane120
    emmajane120 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    I ate over half a carton of ice cream in one sitting last week

• emmajane120
    emmajane120 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ha ha think we all deserve a blowout! I'm at a standstill boooo!!!! X
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Confession: My husband is not as serious about his health as he should be, and that scares me. A lot.

I feel your pain! My husband won't even go for a walk with me on the weekends. I let him hold me back for a long time because he wouldn't workout so I didn't either. He works from home and gets zero exercise. In the past I've tried yelling, guilt, compassion, empathy; nothing works.

I mean that's just terrible.... I am curious what his defense is when you sincerely tell him you are genuinely worried about his long term health?

He says he'll workout and then doesn't. The conversation has been going on for over six years. The thing is, his dad died in his early 60s because of complications from diabetes and not taking care of himself. He had one leg amputated above the knee and then his other foot was amputated a couple years before he died. My husband at this point does not have diabetes, but I feel like it's inevitable. We have a 7 year old and a 2 year old and not only is he setting a terrible example, but sometimes I feel like he doesn't care if he'll be there when they get older.

Sorry for the rant.

No apologies... it IS concerning. I totally get it... Especially when there are kids involved. No disrespect to the spouse, of course... my daughter was the reason I made the change.

If he isn't 'truly' willing to do anything about it then you have to ask yourself is the problem ultimately a dealbreaker? Tough question, I know.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Sorry for the rant.
    Ugg, sorry to hear about your husband. My dad is the same way, except he does have diabetes now.

I still remember him having a serious talk with me when a cousin around my age died due to complications from diabetes.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I had a whoosh this morning but I don't believe it's true even though I weighed myself the exact same way I always do. IF the scale is correct, which, there's just no way, I way less NOW, than I did when I got pregnant with my daughter 14 years ago! How is that possible?!

Confession: My husband is on this site and using it faithfully, but he's SO lazy when it comes to logging his food. He just basically picks the first thing in the list that is somewhat remotely close to what he is eating/has eaten. It makes me furious that he's so lazy about it. He's still losing weight and I think that's what I'm most irritated by. Sometimes, I'm not a very good wife. :(

First part - AWESOME! Second part - totally understandable. My husband will go to the gym religiously, but won't track what he eats AT ALL! It frustrates me to no end. I just leave it alone. He'll have to figure it out for himself. But inside, I seethe.

THANKS!!! <3

I guess as long as he's losing, that's really all that matters. Also, I wish my husband wanted to go to the gym, but he has ZERO interest in that. Right now, he definitely has the "dad bod". Which is such a ridiculous trend. I would prefer he had a body like Jax Teller, but I love him squishy bits and all.

So, I had to go find Jax Teller...

59276b968e493b6cf17a36ba9842c9ae_zpsmbxb3op4.jpg

Not bad, but he is not this...

images_zpsf2072e8d.jpg
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I get very addicted to certain foods. I was addicted to eating peanut butter, then it was chocolate and basically when I'm stressed or feeling anything negative, I'll eat whatever I'm addicted to to make myself better. In saying that, my latest one is good as it's flavoured tea. I have a box FULL of different varieties of tea and whenever I feel hungry, I have a cup of tea before eating. My favourite one is either Chocolate Orange or Strawberry and Cream.
    Right now I am on a ginger or mint tea kick, I've always been super fond of tea but going to acupuncture has reinforced this habit lol
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options

images_zpsf2072e8d.jpg[/quote]

Oh yea!!!!!
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    Confession: While I love my husband to death, he is growing much closer to death by stealing all the tasty food off of my plate. Seriously, leave my cheese alone in the salad. If you want more cheese, than I will get up and put more in your salad. But I have carefully measured mine for calories and am not willing to share.
    OMG YES 110%! I have to awkwardly explain to one of his best friends who is often at our place for dinner to not steal stuff off of my plate. I will bite your head off and I don't really care. Lol
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options

Sorry for the rant.

That makes me sad.

My husband has heart disease and diabetes on both sides of his family, his grandmother on his mom's side even lost an eye because of it. I'm afraid that if doesn't start taking things more seriously, he'll end up with one, or both. He DID stop smoking 6 years ago, so at least he's heading in the right direction with that. I want him to be healthy for selfish reasons I know that, because I don't want to be left alone later in life.

He's already a banner of a husband, he just needs to body to match. Don't get me wrong, I find him sexy as hell, but there's always room for improvement. ;)

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    The dad bod thing irritates me because it's not about attraction or preference. If you read the articles that started it, it's about women who want to make sure they're more attractive than their partner so they can lord it over him and be in control, justified by saying if they date someone who is in better physical shape, it's too much work for them to keep up. Meanwhile, it's expected that he'll be so grateful that they even speak to him, let alone sleep with him, he won't dare ever say no to them. IOW, it's the epitome of wanting everything for as little effort as possible, and the guy's feelings and personality don't even figure in - he's just a piece of meat with a beer belly to make them look good standing next to him. The back assward equivalent of a trophy wife.

I was listening to a radio show on the way to work about this. They said exactly this - that the whole thing is based on the fact that women don't like dating men who are hotter/fitter than them. I thought it was a gross generalization until a whole bunch of women started calling in saying they encouraged their husbands to eat more/not work out so they could be the hot one in the relationship. Wtf??
    I will say the term 'Dadbod' itself annoys me. It is meaningless. Carrying children does change your body and shape so the term 'mombod' makes sense ( even though I lost my baby weight each time my body will never be what it used to be) but it can't be applied to middle-aged men who just eat too much/drink too much beer.

I'd be incredibly embarrassed if I was that insecure. Sounds like those ladies that called in need some help with confidence and self-worth. Ugh.
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    I had a whoosh this morning but I don't believe it's true even though I weighed myself the exact same way I always do. IF the scale is correct, which, there's just no way, I way less NOW, than I did when I got pregnant with my daughter 14 years ago! How is that possible?!

Confession: My husband is on this site and using it faithfully, but he's SO lazy when it comes to logging his food. He just basically picks the first thing in the list that is somewhat remotely close to what he is eating/has eaten. It makes me furious that he's so lazy about it. He's still losing weight and I think that's what I'm most irritated by. Sometimes, I'm not a very good wife. :(

First part - AWESOME! Second part - totally understandable. My husband will go to the gym religiously, but won't track what he eats AT ALL! It frustrates me to no end. I just leave it alone. He'll have to figure it out for himself. But inside, I seethe.

THANKS!!! <3

I guess as long as he's losing, that's really all that matters. Also, I wish my husband wanted to go to the gym, but he has ZERO interest in that. Right now, he definitely has the "dad bod". Which is such a ridiculous trend. I would prefer he had a body like Jax Teller, but I love him squishy bits and all.

images_zpsf2072e8d.jpg

Rock>Jax. My friends think I'm totally messed up for thinking he is gorgeous xD
  • MoHousdon
    Options

THANKS!!! <3

images_zpsf2072e8d.jpg

I DO love Dewayne Johnson, but he's a little TOO big for my taste. He'd crush me and not in a good way. Jax/Charlie is just right. 16ewyj0damd7.jpg

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Confession... I am pretty sure I've single-handedly funded the nations cutie/halo orange market for the past several years. I go through a 5lb bag in like 3 days.

Yep, you and my youngest son. Towards the end of my pregnancy with him, due to some previous issues I was SO nervous about the only food I could keep down was oranges. Since day one those have been his favorite fruit! He buys the cuties by the case as well.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    This is a safe place, right?!

I feel like my friends resent me for losing weight when I am a lot smaller than they are. I am pals with a few of them on here, so when I have a success, like today, I feel like I'm rubbing it in their face, which is not my intention, but I also want to be able to share my victories too. It's a double edged sword for sure.

In addition to this, I feel like if they worked half as hard as I do, counting calories accurately, and doing some sort of exercise, they'd have successes too, but they don't want to put in the effort. I feel like a terrible friend for feeling that way, but it's true. I guess I'm not a great friend or good wife sometimes.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Last night's dinner was a package of peanut butter/cheese crackers sandwiches and ice cream. Oh, and beer I didn't log. *tra la la*

We attended a going away party for some friends last night and my dinner consisted of a bunch of Cheeses and crackers and fresh fruit as well as some dark chocolate covered pretzel crisps, oh, and a glass of champagne and 3 glasses of wine. Not logged!
  • kellienw335
    Options

THANKS!!! <3

images_zpsf2072e8d.jpg

I hate it when I can't see the images on this thread...happens randomly.
  • kellienw335
    Options

Sorry for the rant.

No apologies... it IS concerning. I totally get it... Especially when there are kids involved. No disrespect to the spouse, of course... my daughter was the reason I made the change.

If he isn't 'truly' willing to do anything about it then you have to ask yourself is the problem ultimately a dealbreaker? Tough question, I know.

You're right regarding it being very concerning. Deal breaker? No way! He is my best friend, a great man, a wonderful husband, and a terrific dad. I was just venting.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

THANKS!!! <3

images_zpsf2072e8d.jpg

I hate it when I can't see the images on this thread...happens randomly.
    Shiny Brad-Pittish guy. The Rock.
    Does that help?!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    ↑↑ Haha.