Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• yukaputz
    yukaputz Posts: 4 Member
    My custody battle really heated up in the last 4 weeks and I put on 6 lbs from coldstone creamery's pb&c milkshakes and too much mayo on everything but...yesterday I was awarded 5050 custody after 1.5 years of fighting for my twin daughters. I actually feel like I can breath better today... my tears of joy have dried, my praise to God for seeing me through this is still ringing... and for no reason I'm back to logging today able to make better choices for food. I don't feel the urge to glutton myself at all.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I had a whoosh this morning but I don't believe it's true even though I weighed myself the exact same way I always do. IF the scale is correct, which, there's just no way, I way less NOW, than I did when I got pregnant with my daughter 14 years ago! How is that possible?!

Confession: My husband is on this site and using it faithfully, but he's SO lazy when it comes to logging his food. He just basically picks the first thing in the list that is somewhat remotely close to what he is eating/has eaten. It makes me furious that he's so lazy about it. He's still losing weight and I think that's what I'm most irritated by. Sometimes, I'm not a very good wife. :(

First part - AWESOME! Second part - totally understandable. My husband will go to the gym religiously, but won't track what he eats AT ALL! It frustrates me to no end. I just leave it alone. He'll have to figure it out for himself. But inside, I seethe.

THANKS!!! <3

I guess as long as he's losing, that's really all that matters. Also, I wish my husband wanted to go to the gym, but he has ZERO interest in that. Right now, he definitely has the "dad bod". Which is such a ridiculous trend. I would prefer he had a body like Jax Teller, but I love him squishy bits and all.

So, I had to go find Jax Teller...

59276b968e493b6cf17a36ba9842c9ae_zpsmbxb3op4.jpg

Not bad, but he is not this...

images_zpsf2072e8d.jpg

Rock>Jax. My friends think I'm totally messed up for thinking he is gorgeous xD

What? He is totally gorgeous. And adorable. I loved him in Escape from Witch Mountain.
    Even in fanny pack/bum bag era?
    0obcp1l1rcrf.jpg

Yep. Even then. But I am old enough to have lived through (and made some of the same fashion mistakes of) that era. :p
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I am scared to up my calories but I am just getting so tired of it. I have been on 1200 for the last 6 months but from what I have read on here I should be able to safely eat at least 1400 without gaining

I upped my calories from 1,200 to 1,400 a few weeks ago and I love it. The extra fuel has really helped me.

Also, think if it in terms of calories per pound @ 3,500 calories, 200 calories is a mere 5+% of a whole single pound of fat. No worries....
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Even in fanny pack/bum bag era?
    0obcp1l1rcrf.jpg

[/quote]

Ouch. It some how looks different now than it did then. So, yes even in a fanny pack for me.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    This is a safe place, right?!

I feel like my friends resent me for losing weight when I am a lot smaller than they are. I am pals with a few of them on here, so when I have a success, like today, I feel like I'm rubbing it in their face, which is not my intention, but I also want to be able to share my victories too. It's a double edged sword for sure.

In addition to this, I feel like if they worked half as hard as I do, counting calories accurately, and doing some sort of exercise, they'd have successes too, but they don't want to put in the effort. I feel like a terrible friend for feeling that way, but it's true. I guess I'm not a great friend or good wife sometimes.

Don't feel bad! It's not your fault that they aren't working hard and they should not make you feel bad for everything you're doing for yourself! Don't let it get you down.

They don't seem like really good friends if they make you feel this way. They should be able to take your success and do it for themselves!

It took me a long time to really learn this lesson - You are only responsible for yourself. You can't change anyone. You can't fix anyone. You can't make anyone "feel" anything. You can take care of yourself. You can change you. You can feel good about yourself and it does not reflect poorly on anyone else. Any negativity is really and truly the problem of the other person and has everything to do with them and nothing to do with you.

Boundaries, which are the place where you end and the other person begins. (Something that also took me a long time to learn and understand.)

There is a great quote that I will look for again that fits this situation well. I'll post it if I can find it. It has been an elusive quote.
  • quiksylver296
    Confession: I've gotten some really great questions for my One Thousand One Hundred and Elventieth Post.

So many in fact: I'll sneak preview my first name: Derek.

Meh. I already knew that...
  • Beneita
    Beneita Posts: 29 Member
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

LOL! So sorry but this cracked me up!!! So funny! (not laughing at you, just love your humor!) LMBO!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Confession: I've gotten some really great questions for my One Thousand One Hundred and Elventieth Post.

I somehow already knew this. Why is that?

First names thread?

Nope, I feel like you've hinted at this before in here. Mostly because this is the only thread I frequent. This, and the Things that make you irrationally angry. I haven't been over there for a while though. @quiksylver296 how is it going in there?

Another meh. I keep going back tho.
  • quiksylver296
    I keep trying to reply to someone on my wall, but it's not letting me! My writing appears all grey and it won't let me enter it. Has something been changed? :confounded:

I ate a really, really big poutine last night along with about ten cups of water because it was so salty, and I definitely felt sick afterwards. I still feel full and I haven't eaten yet today... and I don't expect to be hungry anytime soon. But bubble tea still sounds pretty good! :tongue:

Also, I'm not sure what has gotten into me... I usually hate clothes shopping, but lately I've been frequenting online stores with major excitement. I just added AdoreMe to a slowly growing list of websites I've been eyeing (along with ModCloth and Boutique1861). I'm changing!!!

I confess I don't know exactly how to pronounce this. In my mind, it's really close to slang for a v*gina. Poon-t@ng. Would somebody write it out for me phonetically so I only make an idiot of myself in this thread and not IRL?
  • jstavix
    jstavix Posts: 407 Member
    I am battling a very deep depression at the moment and sneak off to restroom to cry, reapply makeup and put on a happy face and go back to work. No-one at work knows just how low I am because I act so happy. I feel so weak because I can't pull myself out of this. =(
  • quiksylver296
    yukaputz wrote: »
    My custody battle really heated up in the last 4 weeks and I put on 6 lbs from coldstone creamery's pb&c milkshakes and too much mayo on everything but...yesterday I was awarded 5050 custody after 1.5 years of fighting for my twin daughters. I actually feel like I can breath better today... my tears of joy have dried, my praise to God for seeing me through this is still ringing... and for no reason I'm back to logging today able to make better choices for food. I don't feel the urge to glutton myself at all.

Congratulations! That must be a huge relief to you!
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    edited May 2015
    Sch614 wrote: »
    My daughter asked me why I was dressed up yesterday and the only difference was that I
    ythannah wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I tried Zumba last night and realized how totally uncoordinated I am. I always thought I had a bit of rhythm but apparently not lol. My 4 year old was looking at me life WTF Mom??!!

I always look clumsy and completely graceless when I exercise. I even manage to look bad doing BodyCombat... but that's why I do it at home, lol.

Me too. That's probably why I took to weightlifting... it's just up, down, up, down... no rhythm or gracefulness required.

It's nice to know I am not alone. My son kept looking at the TV back to me and the look on his face read. Mom that does not look the same at all!!

I'm way behind (400+ posts behind ) but I have to say that I am as graceful as a drunk duck. I do Xbox kinect Zumba like a drunk duck. Seriously, I can't even think of another term to describe the uncoordinated atrocities that I commit attempting to follow along. It is soooo bad.

My 5 year old is totally allowed to watch because he is convinced that I am controlling the people on the screen. He's always telling me how good I'm making them dance. Lol
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited May 2015
    I keep trying to reply to someone on my wall, but it's not letting me! My writing appears all grey and it won't let me enter it. Has something been changed? :confounded:

I ate a really, really big poutine last night along with about ten cups of water because it was so salty, and I definitely felt sick afterwards. I still feel full and I haven't eaten yet today... and I don't expect to be hungry anytime soon. But bubble tea still sounds pretty good! :tongue:

Also, I'm not sure what has gotten into me... I usually hate clothes shopping, but lately I've been frequenting online stores with major excitement. I just added AdoreMe to a slowly growing list of websites I've been eyeing (along with ModCloth and Boutique1861). I'm changing!!!

I confess I don't know exactly how to pronounce this. In my mind, it's really close to slang for a v*gina. Poon-t@ng. Would somebody write it out for me phonetically so I only make an idiot of myself in this thread and not IRL?
    I pronounce it as POO-TEEN. :tongue: I hear native Quebec people pronouncing it more like POO-TIN.

(Whatever you do, don't say putain. My mom accidentally told my Quebec boyfriend's mom she enjoyed the ''putain.'' It's french for *kitten*.)
  • quiksylver296

I pronounce it as POO-TEEN. :tongue: I hear native Quebec people pronouncing it more like POO-TIN.

(Whatever you do, don't say putain. My mom accidentally told my Quebec boyfriend's mom she enjoyed the ''putain.'' It's french for *kitten*.)

Thanks!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member

It may be deja vu or something, but somehow I feel like I already knew your first name...
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    I really enjoy thoroughly chewing my vegetables, though it's kind of exhausting sometimes and I have to take breaks.

That's my dorky confession of the day. Thanks everyone!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I'll admit I outkicked my coverage with my wife. Pretty much the ideal woman I dreamed about as a teenager.

So guys really do think this way, huh?

My SO tells me that all the time. I figured he was just being kind.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member

Thanks!

New Jersey (where I was born) has a "homegrown" version of poutine called Disco Fries. Steak fries, brown gravy, melted cheese (usually mozzarella). It has bled into the diner scene in Philly (where I am now) over the last decade.

Confession: Having multiple 24 hour diners available nearly everywhere I go somehow makes up for Northeast winters in my world.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member

I somehow already knew this. Why is that?

First names thread?

Nope, I feel like you've hinted at this before in here. Mostly because this is the only thread I frequent. This, and the Things that make you irrationally angry. I haven't been over there for a while though. @quiksylver296 how is it going in there?

Another meh. I keep going back tho.

Let me know if it gets good and I'll meander back. I just kind of lost interest in it with having 30+ pages of this beloved thread to catch up on.

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    jstavix wrote: »
    I am battling a very deep depression at the moment and sneak off to restroom to cry, reapply makeup and put on a happy face and go back to work. No-one at work knows just how low I am because I act so happy. I feel so weak because I can't pull myself out of this. =(

Can you get to a doctor? I went through a period several years ago myself. I'm a person that is always always smiling, even then, but I would avoid seeing my friends and doing the things I loved.