Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    samgamgee wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »
    My confession today is that I chew the skin around my nails on my fingers, when I'm not chewing them I pick them. It looks gross and it hurts but I can't stop doing it. I'm nearly 33 and have been doing it since I was about 11. Every now and again I stop it but then I always start up again. Nasty habit! :(

I do this too. My fingers look a mess, but I haven't been able to stop. I don't bite my nails as much as I used to, but I still pick at the skin. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember and it gets worse if I'm anxious or stressed. I'm embarrassed to let people see my hands.

And it doesn't help that I live in a dry climate so my skin is always rough (I try to use lotion, but it's not enough).

i peel layers of skin off of the bottoms of my feet and heels. sometimes i rip off too much, hit raw flesh then end up with a slight limp for a few days while it heals....

I did the peely foot skin thing once, ended up with way more than a slight limp for 3 days - it was weeks before it stopped hurting but then I am a big wuss :)

It sucks so much! My heeled boots mess* my feet up (I'd usually swear there but can't remember if we're allowed to here!) and they're rougher than they've ever been, I got a foot scrub from Lush but it isn't hardcore enough.

My confession: just had a row with my OH cos earlier he was teasing me, holding food away from me and saying I couldn't have it - he was just playing around (immature sense of humour in general) but that's a massive trigger for my ex -ED thoughts, and he knows that. He claims he forgot that deliberately and gleefully withholding food from me, in order to tease me, is a trigger. My brain just goes 'nope, that's wise, you're a fat cow, you don't deserve to eat' and my appetite shuts down. I've been doing well recently but this has brought up old stuff.

My boyfriend thinks he's 'helping' when he tells me I shouldn't eat something because he knows I'm trying to lose weight. Thing is if he says don't I am so eating it plus more just to show him that I do what I want when I want. Then I get annoyed with myself because I really want to lose weight! I confess I am such brat sometimes.

I know how you feel. My husband will ask where I want to eat when we are out doing errands and stuff. I always tell him I don't care. One time he freaked out on me. I just sat there wondering what the h#** happened. He then proceeded to explain that he wants me to choose so I know I will eat something I need vs something just to eat. He is trying to be helpful, but I hate having to be the one to pick a place to eat on the spot.

I always thought someone should open a restaurant named I don't care.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Confession: I don't wear makeup. I haven't since I was about 13. I just don't feel like it is necessary for me.

I also have bigger eyebrows and I don't pluck them or anything (I'm Italian haha-they aren't HUGE or unibrow or anything just thicker). I used to hate them but my boyfriend loves them. I like them now.

Enjoy them! The older I get, the thinner my eyebrows get. I fill them in, but my fear is becoming that old lady with her eyebrows drawn on her face.
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »
    ... I remember walking to school on my own when I was 8. Does anyone else have that problem?

I read a story where child protective services was called b/c an 8 year old and her sibling were walking to school w/o supervision. Someone called the service b/c they felt the children were being neglected by their parents. We live in a society now of helicopter parents and this is what happens...

I was walking myself to school and also on some days when we were starting later - 1pm - I was also responsible for heating up soup for my lunch. This was 29 years ago though (and in Poland, whereas we now live in UK) and I think a lot has changed in that respect, kids are much more protected, sometimes even 'overprotected' to be honest...
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I confess, I'm on cruise control until I leave early today.

I confess that I cannot leave early today, but still plan to thoroughly waste the afternoon on the computer! (as if I wasn't also doing that this morning :wink: )
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I have a friend visiting this weekend, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to weigh anything while she's here. It isn't a shame thing, but more out of consideration for her former ED. She doesn't even know I've been losing weight.

I'm a very rigorous measurer (except for my weekly nachos), so this is kind of a big deal for me. Even when I gleefully blow my calorie goals, I still weigh everything. I'm a little afraid I'm going to just go nuts and eat all the things.

I've been in maintenance for almost 18 months and had still been logging everything for fear that I'd eat all the foods. For the last week, I didn't log any food and managed to lose a lb! We can do this!

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm pretty sure I'll have to log during maintenance, whenever I get there. I'm really impressed by your commitment!
  • ladybuggnorris
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    I hope I'm not the only one who deals with this, but I've gotten more uncomfortable with my body since losing weight. I'm losing from my boobs the most, so my shape has changed and I'm disproportionate and it feels so weird. Like, I'm losing weight, isn't that meant to boost my self-image? It's tiring, to say the least.

I don't have the same exact feelings as you but I feel weird about the way I look now as well. I don't know what it is but I've lost almost 50 lbs total (25 a couple years ago and almost 25 this year so far). I feel like I look just as big if not bigger now. In my work clothes I think I look terrible. I just can't seem to figure out where I'm losing the weight from because everything fits pretty much the same and I don't think I look better at all. No one notices anything either.

Sorry you are feeling uncomfortable. I'm sure you look great though. :) We are our worst enemies as they say.

I have lost nearly 40 pounds since the beginning of January. I am down 4 pant sizes and I think I look fabulous! However, I still have A LOT of weight to lose and I am downright pissy that other people don't notice my weightloss!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    And for the next page (404)... nothing.

<3
  • ladybuggnorris
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    samgamgee wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »
    My confession today is that I chew the skin around my nails on my fingers, when I'm not chewing them I pick them. It looks gross and it hurts but I can't stop doing it. I'm nearly 33 and have been doing it since I was about 11. Every now and again I stop it but then I always start up again. Nasty habit! :(

I do this too. My fingers look a mess, but I haven't been able to stop. I don't bite my nails as much as I used to, but I still pick at the skin. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember and it gets worse if I'm anxious or stressed. I'm embarrassed to let people see my hands.

And it doesn't help that I live in a dry climate so my skin is always rough (I try to use lotion, but it's not enough).

i peel layers of skin off of the bottoms of my feet and heels. sometimes i rip off too much, hit raw flesh then end up with a slight limp for a few days while it heals....

I did the peely foot skin thing once, ended up with way more than a slight limp for 3 days - it was weeks before it stopped hurting but then I am a big wuss :)

It sucks so much! My heeled boots mess* my feet up (I'd usually swear there but can't remember if we're allowed to here!) and they're rougher than they've ever been, I got a foot scrub from Lush but it isn't hardcore enough.

My confession: just had a row with my OH cos earlier he was teasing me, holding food away from me and saying I couldn't have it - he was just playing around (immature sense of humour in general) but that's a massive trigger for my ex -ED thoughts, and he knows that. He claims he forgot that deliberately and gleefully withholding food from me, in order to tease me, is a trigger. My brain just goes 'nope, that's wise, you're a fat cow, you don't deserve to eat' and my appetite shuts down. I've been doing well recently but this has brought up old stuff.

My boyfriend thinks he's 'helping' when he tells me I shouldn't eat something because he knows I'm trying to lose weight. Thing is if he says don't I am so eating it plus more just to show him that I do what I want when I want. Then I get annoyed with myself because I really want to lose weight! I confess I am such brat sometimes.

I know how you feel. My husband will ask where I want to eat when we are out doing errands and stuff. I always tell him I don't care. One time he freaked out on me. I just sat there wondering what the h#** happened. He then proceeded to explain that he wants me to choose so I know I will eat something I need vs something just to eat. He is trying to be helpful, but I hate having to be the one to pick a place to eat on the spot.

I just can't anymore. If we are planning a day in the city (as we are tomorrow), I have my places and meals all figured out before we go. Otherwise, I know I will not make good choices. For instance, tomorrow we are going to Red Lobster for supper and I know exactly what I am ordering. I will be eating at maintenance for the day, but I feel good knowing I still have complete control over what is going into my mouth.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Confession: I don't wear makeup. I haven't since I was about 13. I just don't feel like it is necessary for me.

I also have bigger eyebrows and I don't pluck them or anything (I'm Italian haha-they aren't HUGE or unibrow or anything just thicker). I used to hate them but my boyfriend loves them. I like them now.

No make up here either! What you see is what you get! I sporadically tried makeup as a teen and young adult, but it was too much trouble and my face kept breaking out. I like the way look without it and so does my DH.
  • jessicakay78
    Options
    My struggles are real. The past two weeks I have been hiding behind food. Luckily I didn't gain much. But on a side note that much longer to loose weight. I get really frustrated seeing my husband snack and join in. Luckily I make it a bit healthier.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    derkin2005 wrote: »
    I snack on candy... I won't buy it ever, but if it's around I'm like s mini chocolate magnet. Also I have an unhealthy obsession with Quest bars

YES! This 110% on all levels!

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I made the mistake of making my cookies & cream protein shake with water instead of cashew milk this morning. I had to force myself to drink it. I will NOT be making that mistake again.

Confession: We went to Jose Peppers for dinner last night (first night all week my husband has been home before 8). I ate so many chips, about 1/3 of the espinaca dip and half of a grilled chicken chimichanga that was smothered in more espinaca dip washed and I washed it all down with a full calorie delicious Dr. Pepper.

I have 100% no regrets about any food decisions yesterday even though I woke up a pound heavier this morning.

I must ask, how is cashew milk? I've heard all about it but I'm not sure if I would like it.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    derkin2005 wrote: »
    I snack on candy... I won't buy it ever, but if it's around I'm like s mini chocolate magnet. Also I have an unhealthy obsession with Quest bars

No such thing!

Exactly what I thought, Mo!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

Hey! The real you! Very nice pic, AOJ!

^^that!

You too!
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    My boss is on vacation today, so I'm taking care of his weekly update for him. I realized today that I'm probably the last one to send my weekly update every week. I never do it before Friday afternoon, and I've had everybody's updates (except for mine) since early this morning.
  • jnicole1721
    jnicole1721 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It drives me crazy how much easier it is for an obese person to lose weight so quickly compaired to a lean person... :( And by easier, I do not mean it is easy for anyone to start their weight loss journey.... I mean FASTER.. I just go crazy when someone I know loses 20 lbs and I am having a hard time losing 10. :(
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    My boss is on vacation today, so I'm taking care of his weekly update for him. I realized today that I'm probably the last one to send my weekly update every week. I never do it before Friday afternoon, and I've had everybody's updates (except for mine) since early this morning.

Looks like his plan worked.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Hey! The real you! Very nice pic, AOJ!

^^that!

You too!

Not showing my real face, don't want people in real life to know it's me! You can have my home-baking troll face instead. Which is ridiculous since anyone who knows me in real life will realise it's me. I make a mean meme cookie.
  • rungirl1973
    Options

Looks like his plan worked.

LOL! You may be right. I thought it was just because I'm the "senior" engineer.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I hate the gym this time of year.

Why are all the new/different people showing up now? Pre bikini season or something? I haven't noticed an increase at this time of year before, in part because I think a lot of people start doing more exercise outside (which is great!).