Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    jstavix wrote: »
    I am battling a very deep depression at the moment and sneak off to restroom to cry, reapply makeup and put on a happy face and go back to work. No-one at work knows just how low I am because I act so happy. I feel so weak because I can't pull myself out of this.

Please don't feel that way. You have a global community supporting you plus based on previous posts I believe a strong home community. We are all here for you!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    jstavix wrote: »
    I am battling a very deep depression at the moment and sneak off to restroom to cry, reapply makeup and put on a happy face and go back to work. No-one at work knows just how low I am because I act so happy. I feel so weak because I can't pull myself out of this.

Please don't feel that way. You have a global community supporting you plus based on previous posts I believe a strong home community. We are all here for you!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I give up. I screwed something in posting. I just wanted to say please don't feel that way. You have a global community here supporting you and we all care. Just take it one day at a time.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    My SO and I both went to the movies by ourselves yesterday cause we didnt wanna see eachothers movie lol. I went to Pitch Perfect 2 and he saw Mad Max... best compromise ever :joy:

I do all the cooking for us, but I only make dinner for both of us if he asks me to. He likes to order in a lot, and I dont care for that at all. I love days where I dont have to cook a meal cause it means I can just snack all night, and its not such a pain to try to get the portions right when making a big batch.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Confession: Tomorrow after my 5k my mom, sister, and I are eating at the Hard Rock Cafe. The calorie counts in the database are horrifying me. Seriously.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    No weight lost. Grumpy because of that.

We're heading to Brecon today for my first taste of mountain climbing. I have huge self doubts this morning. I want to lay on the sofa and eat all the food :(
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Double post
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the tanktinis I've seen at Target. Been meaning to pick up some swimwear myself

I wish more stores had retro looking one pieces like Marilyn Monroe & Jayne Mansfield wore or high waisted bikinis.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

I would've bit if it were the new Mint ones. Anyone try them?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Seems to be the same price as everywhere else though. Weird.

Yeah I get the same price at GNC with my Gold Card.

I wish the Quest protein powders wouldn't be so expensive.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I confess that I'm going to Spain next year and one of the things I'm really excited about is seeing how I'll fit in the seat of the plane. The last time I went on one, I couldn't buckle the seatbelt because I was too fat.

I'm also kinda giddy about going through the metal detectors now that I have metal implants.
  • nik713
    nik713 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am way overweight (have over 100 to lose) and I sometimes binge and purge. I am definitely an emotional eater, and there have been days I have gone overboard only to feel intense guilt, and make myself throw it up. My husband believes I do it because of the stomach issues I have. So not only do I do that, but I also lie to him about it.
    And then afterwards, I always wonder how I am supposed to track what i binged/purged.
  • Rockcity85
    Rockcity85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I weighed after sex last night and lost 2.3lbs.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have a little over 1000 calories left for the day and I'm afraid that won't be enough for dinner plus any road snacks later. Since we're traveling, I really have no idea what's for dinner. And I know I could make healthyish choices anywhere, but, come on, we all know I'm not going to do that nonsense. AND I'm already planning on eating popcorn in the hotel tonight because I can share the bag with my daughter since she got her braces off yesterday.

Also, I have ZERO motivation to do any actual work-work today. I'd rather be on here. Although, I did venture in the lemon water thread and those people are MEAN. I like it here. I feel safe.

I have about 400 calories left for the day (stupid benefit bake sale at work with BROWNIES {plural}) Not sure I will stay in goal today! And about popcorn - I have an irrational love of popcorn!

Me too! Popcorn, I LOVE popcorn! All kinds (except that microwave crap). I love movie theater popcorn, hot air popped popcorn, and all kinds of smart food and orville ready popped...dill pickle, kettle corn, caramel, cheese, sour cream and onion....you name it, I LOVE popcorn!!

I wanted to go to the movies on Mother's Day JUST so I could eat movie theater popcorn. I love it so much but I have to have butter on it. The white cheddar Smart Pop is AMAZING and super low in calories so needless to say, it doesn't last long in our house.

We have a local candy/nut store in town and they make all sorts of amazing things. The last time I was there, I bought dark chocolate sea salt caramel popcorn. It is manna from Heaven. I will be buying more when I go back along with a few other flavors they have.

I love sweet pop corn but with all kinds of toppings, especially caramel... so I never have popcorn anymore.
    My confession today is that I have a low tolerance for little kids now that my kids are grown.

Not that I do not like little kids, I do, and I enjoy them for small periods, but I feel annoyed when they are harshing my mellow lol.

For example, I HATE when a friend with young children asks me to babysit. I will do it, for short periods of time, but I am basically spending the whole time there waiting for it to be over.

Also, I have a few friends that have small children now and I rarely see them because my free social time is limited, and I do not care to spend it with little kids. I have one friend in particular that while I love her and love spending time with her, I almost never see her because she has two little children, like under 5. She will say things like "Oh, why do you not ever come over and visit?". And while I would not be so rude as to come out and say this, the answer is that it is because my idea of a fun time is not sitting around your place while you run around after your kids. Same with swimming, she will ask me to go swimming once it gets hotter, and I have not yet, cuz when I am at a pool I want to actually swim or even just hang around in the water, not be taking care of a baby. Been there, done that, will do it again with grandkids, but right now is adult time for me, lol.

Am I terrible?? Sometimes it makes me feel bad, but not enough to suck up something I do not want to do.

I have 7yo twins and I feel the same way. I don't like little kids. I don't know how to relate to them. I hate playing with them. I bear it with mine but other kids? Forget it. I'm sorta glad my kids always have playdates at other kids houses because I would have no idea what to do with guest kids... I'd probably just let them play on their own and give them snacks and ignore them the whole time (which is what my parents did with us too anyway).

I've only babysit once (with my sister and brother) and it was when I was 17 and we just popped the kids in front of the TV (let's be honest - it's the first time I was around little kids EVER). It was just to help my mom out. I remember our huge Maine Coon mix going on the lap of the 3yo. Seriously the cutest thing ever and I'll never get that image out of my mind.

My only 'friend' here is another mom so we only get together for playdates and it's just not quite the same.

Confession - this morning I wanted to have a nice healthy breakfast... but I was craving pancakes. So I got the kodiak protein mix (190 calories for 4 pancakes, 14g of protein, win/win). But I wanted chocolate, so I added some chocolate chips. Then decided to try with almond milk instead of water. Then added some sweetened ricotta and chocolate syrup. So it was basically dessert for breakfast. And it was glorious.

Second confession - I just decided to sleep in the recliner last night so I wouldn't deal with my husband's noise. Best sleep I've had in a week.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    So it loaded and loaded and gave me an error message and still managed to post twice.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    No weight lost. Grumpy because of that.

We're heading to Brecon today for my first taste of mountain climbing. I have huge self doubts this morning. I want to lay on the sofa and eat all the food :(

Don't worry you'll do great. And be glad you did it. Even if not until it's over.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)

I don't like cilantro either which is why I get plain rice for my order.

I thought I was the ONLY one that did this. I hate cilantro and I think it tastes like feet. I don't want my food to taste like feet.

I love you, Mo, but BLASPHEMY! Cilantro is God's gift to tastebuds!

If you like feet, then, yes, it is. I prefer my food to taste like other things, like, I don't' know, food. :wink:

I am an extremely picky eater. I cannot stand tomatoes, onions, spicy, barbeque flavored things, and the list goes on and on. Cilantro is just another item on my extensive list.

I also hate raw tomatoes except in salsa and onions in any form (Hate hate hate hate hate them! Why do they have to be in EVERYTHING??????? They're so overpowering!). I will eat tomatoes if they're cooked/stewed and I love Heinz ketchup.

We're the same person. If there is onion in/on something, that's ALL I TASTE. I hate when I bite into a delicious burger or sandwich I specifically ordered with NO ONION and it's the first thing I chomp in to. So maddening. I have a couple times just stopped eating because I was so peeved. I have issues when it comes to food. I get unnecessarily annoyed/angry when my food gets messed up. And freaking McAlister's always "forgets" to leave the tomato off my chicken salad sandwich so there's always slimy little tomato seeds all under the lettuce. What if I was allergic, could I sue them? See...irrational.

I've sworn off Taco Bell bean burritos for life because the last time I had one (10+ years ago), I bit into a huge chunk of onion halfway through when I said no onion. It was disgusting. I spit it out and almost threw up.

I also hate when I order McDonald's McDoubles plain and there's a few little pieces of onion somewhere on it and I taste them. I like those burgers, but I stick to their nuggets from now on.

I like cooked onions, in the right foods. I had to stop drinking chai tea for a while, though, due to an "onion accident". I had a chai tea on the countertop while I was busy making a batch of my family's favorite breakfast burritos. Happily chopping onions a stray flew into my tea, unbeknownst to me at the time. It was an iced chai. Took a drink, chomping on what I thought was ice. Nooooo. Piece of onion. In my iced chai tea. GAG! Worst flavor combo ever!!! Learned my lesson: no drinks close enough to my chopping area allowed anymore.

I like the flavor onions add when cooked but not biting into them, must be a texture thing. So I use big chunks so I can pick them out.

I absolutely LOATHED onions as a kid. Then I tried carmelized onions and it changed my entire world. I still can't do a whole lot of onion (raw or cooked), but they have a place in my kitchen.

I am about the same. Hated as a kid. Tolerant later on. <3 caramelized but still totally loathe the minced ones McDonalds serves on their burgers. YUCK!

I love onions. I will actually chop them up and mix them with mustard and eat them like that. Makes me sweat like crazy but I love them.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok blood donation complete. One package of Lorna Doones down. Off to continue my day off!

Don't pass out! (Oh, wait. That was me. Tuesday.)

Yes, you were no inspiration (not to pass out...to donate) as I was overdue. Thanks!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Move4Abs wrote: »
    Pregnant...feeling sad/blah...the fix? Pop-Tarts. This is one of my few binges and man...it was a binge. 4 poptarts...30 mins....delicious. Donating the rest to the office. Did you know those suckers have 200 cals/37 g of carbs EACH?!?!? I just inhaled 800 cals and obliterated my daily carb goal. Why the hell do they come in a pack of TWO?!?!? All said, feeling better....may need more sleep :)

That is a disappointment to me as well! I'd have some if I could eat two, but 400 cals isn't worth it to me. The new flavors do look tasty though!

It's not QUITE the same, but the Special K Pastry Crisps actually remind me a lot of Pop-tarts, but they're 100 calories per pack. Much more limited flavor selection, of course, but good in a pinch!

I agree, they taste similar to pop tarts!
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I have 7yo twins and I feel the same way. I don't like little kids. I don't know how to relate to them. I hate playing with them. I bear it with mine but other kids? Forget it. I'm sorta glad my kids always have playdates at other kids houses because I would have no idea what to do with guest kids... I'd probably just let them play on their own and give them snacks and ignore them the whole time (which is what my parents did with us too anyway).

That's what I do when we have my 8yo daughter's friends around - they play together, sometimes get laptop/tablet and I feed them before they go back home...