Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    It drives me crazy how much easier it is for an obese person to lose weight so quickly compaired to a lean person... :( And by easier, I do not mean it is easy for anyone to start their weight loss journey.... I mean FASTER.. I just go crazy when someone I know loses 20 lbs and I am having a hard time losing 10. :(
    ^^^THIS^^^
  • xmusicloverr
    xmusicloverr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've been on a plateau for like... 5 months and it sucks. I have no time to work out more so I've got my calories set at around 1200 and I can't commit to that. I just can't. I ALWAYS go over or eat none of it at all. So I've been yoyo-ing a LOT. One week I've gained 7 lbs, the next I've lost five, and the next I've lost 1. It's insane. I plan on getting back on track during the summer when I have time to work out 5 days a week again
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I keep a stash of chocolate in my office...and in my bedroom, and hidden in my closet. I've been good lately, but it's there, just in case.

I keep a stash in my car boot. Which if fine through the winter, then I have to think of somewhere else for the summer because it melts and makes a big chocolate mess in my car... which can be mistaken for something else. :confounded:

This reminded me of an embarrassing story... a few years ago I went out shopping with my cousin. I was wearing white shorts. We got to the mall, wandered slowly around, got ice cream then finally went into a store. A sales lady came up to me and discreetly told me that I had something on my shorts. There was a brown stain right in the center of my butt. Turns out that a younger cousin had been in the car earlier, eating chocolate covered almonds. I sat on it and melted it.

I bought a new pair of pants in that store. I'm still paranoid about wearing white pants/shorts.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I hate the gym this time of year.

Why are all the new/different people showing up now? Pre bikini season or something? I haven't noticed an increase at this time of year before, in part because I think a lot of people start doing more exercise outside (which is great!).

The weather in England has really picked up the last couple of weeks so people are showing more skin. It is kind of pre-bikini/pre-summer workout. Like the January crowd, it soon dies down again. Plus it is Easter holidays still, so teens are off school/college.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Why are all the new/different people showing up now? Pre bikini season or something? I haven't noticed an increase at this time of year before, in part because I think a lot of people start doing more exercise outside (which is great!).

Bride/bikini season.
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »

Hey! The real you! Very nice pic, AOJ!

^^that!

You too!
    thank you :smile:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I keep a stash of chocolate in my office...and in my bedroom, and hidden in my closet. I've been good lately, but it's there, just in case.

I keep a stash in my car boot. Which if fine through the winter, then I have to think of somewhere else for the summer because it melts and makes a big chocolate mess in my car... which can be mistaken for something else. :confounded:

This reminded me of an embarrassing story... a few years ago I went out shopping with my cousin. I was wearing white shorts. We got to the mall, wandered slowly around, got ice cream then finally went into a store. A sales lady came up to me and discreetly told me that I had something on my shorts. There was a brown stain right in the center of my butt. Turns out that a younger cousin had been in the car earlier, eating chocolate covered almonds. I sat on it and melted it.

I bought a new pair of pants in that store. I'm still paranoid about wearing white pants/shorts.

I am totally paranoid about wearing white pants/shorts/skirts!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I hate the gym this time of year. It's when all the princesses come in with a full face of make up, do 10mins casual walking on the treadmill, use the lightest weights on the machines (because they don't want to get too bulky) and criticise the fat-*kitten*' such as myself for lifting heavy. Today's comment "Don't you think she should do more cardio before she does that? The muscle will be too hidden under the layers of fat, which makes what she is doing pointless." In my head I'm thinking "Walking the speed of a 90year old pensioner so your face doesn't melt is a waste of your time so why don't you F*** OFF." Obviously I didn't say this, my gym is the only one in the area with a squat rack, not getting myself banned for them. They probably won't turn up ever again...

People actually say things like this?! What a bunch of a-holes!
  • my_jennaration
    my_jennaration Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking dr. pepper but I started smoking again after almost 4 years of having not... I'm so ashamed I'm hiding it from everyone except my bf.. :(
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

The weather in England has really picked up the last couple of weeks so people are showing more skin. It is kind of pre-bikini/pre-summer workout. Like the January crowd, it soon dies down again. Plus it is Easter holidays still, so teens are off school/college.

Makes sense. I wondered if it was something UK specific.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    It drives me crazy how much easier it is for an obese person to lose weight so quickly compaired to a lean person... :( And by easier, I do not mean it is easy for anyone to start their weight loss journey.... I mean FASTER.. I just go crazy when someone I know loses 20 lbs and I am having a hard time losing 10. :(

Well, the science, they need to consume hella a lot of calories to stay their current size, so when they drastically cut that, CICO happens in a positive way.
  • ShibaEars
    edited April 2015
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    Umm, I pretty much always workout with my makeup on...and my hair done. I go in the evening after work. I'm not gonna wash my face and hair just to go to the gym and get sweaty.

Do you have super duper make-up or something? All the women I see end up with mascara half-way down their face. But you are talking to the girl who only puts make-up on for special occasions lol. Even then I hate doing it.

I've been known to wear concealer, mascara and eyebrow pencil on race days because I know I'll have my photo taken at the finish and I want to take the edge off my sweaty red round face a bit. I know it's vain but I don't care. I never bother removing my makeup before any workout, save swimming, and although obviously it doesn't look great at the end, I don't think I look TOO much of a mess.

I always think I should put on makeup for race day, just so my pictures turn out better. But I never do. Races are always in the morning and I'm not already in makeup. I guess I just workout in whatever makeup state I'm in when I go. No primping, no washing

I won't leave my house without mascara, so I am wearing it when I do races, early or not. (the exceptions were color runs & mud runs.)
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    I hate the gym this time of year. It's when all the princesses come in with a full face of make up, do 10mins casual walking on the treadmill, use the lightest weights on the machines (because they don't want to get too bulky) and criticise the fat-*kitten*' such as myself for lifting heavy. Today's comment "Don't you think she should do more cardio before she does that? The muscle will be too hidden under the layers of fat, which makes what she is doing pointless." In my head I'm thinking "Walking the speed of a 90year old pensioner so your face doesn't melt is a waste of your time so why don't you F*** OFF." Obviously I didn't say this, my gym is the only one in the area with a squat rack, not getting myself banned for them. They probably won't turn up ever again...

People actually say things like this?! What a bunch of a-holes!

Yea, I don't know if the fact I had earphones in they thought I couldn't hear them. It was the only part I caught in between songs. I don't really want to know what else they said. And apart from them, I was the only other girl in the gym (it's a small gym) so I know it was about me. It sucks. They suck. The whole situation sucked.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I never wear makeup to the gym, I'm afraid it'll clog my pores.
  • Wretched61
    Wretched61 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter by the spoonful. Love that stuff! So now I don't buy it anymore.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

I am totally paranoid about wearing white pants/shorts/skirts!
    My mum once had to take a lady aside at an event and tell her that her period had leaked through to her nice tailored white skirt. My worst nightmare.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I never wear makeup to the gym, I'm afraid it'll clog my pores.
    You're SO right!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    My whole life I have been very sensitive to heat. Even when I was underweight I would get hot very easy. If it was 65f/18C degrees outside I would at the least need a fan going. I am currently dressed in four pairs of socks, three pairs of pants, three shirts with a sweatshirt over the top and I am wearing fluffy finger-less gloves. I am still freezing! My confession is that I am the reason no one has any hot water! Sitting in a hot tub is the only time I am warm. If I could sleep in there I would. :#
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I made the mistake of making my cookies & cream protein shake with water instead of cashew milk this morning. I had to force myself to drink it. I will NOT be making that mistake again.

Confession: We went to Jose Peppers for dinner last night (first night all week my husband has been home before 8). I ate so many chips, about 1/3 of the espinaca dip and half of a grilled chicken chimichanga that was smothered in more espinaca dip washed and I washed it all down with a full calorie delicious Dr. Pepper.

I have 100% no regrets about any food decisions yesterday even though I woke up a pound heavier this morning.

I must ask, how is cashew milk? I've heard all about it but I'm not sure if I would like it.

I'm obsessed. I absolutely love it and now refuse to use anything else.
  • Andrew_peter
    Andrew_peter Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Still binge from time to time and food for me remains an emotional crutch of sorts all the way back to childhood. Have little printed signs up on the inside of cupboards and fridge stating "Hungry? Bored? Tired? Stressed?" as my way of managing atm.

Also terrified how maintenance is going to be due to still loving junky/processed food vs healthier options, still prefer being sedentary vs being generally active, and having limited real world supports in this journey. Feel as though my lifestyle and thought process is still firmly rooted on the fat and lazy side of things in general.