Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I hate the gym this time of year. It's when all the princesses come in with a full face of make up, do 10mins casual walking on the treadmill, use the lightest weights on the machines (because they don't want to get too bulky) and criticise the fat-*kitten*' such as myself for lifting heavy. Today's comment "Don't you think she should do more cardio before she does that? The muscle will be too hidden under the layers of fat, which makes what she is doing pointless." In my head I'm thinking "Walking the speed of a 90year old pensioner so your face doesn't melt is a waste of your time so why don't you F*** OFF." Obviously I didn't say this, my gym is the only one in the area with a squat rack, not getting myself banned for them. They probably won't turn up ever again...

People actually say things like this?! What a bunch of a-holes!

Yea, I don't know if the fact I had earphones in they thought I couldn't hear them. It was the only part I caught in between songs. I don't really want to know what else they said. And apart from them, I was the only other girl in the gym (it's a small gym) so I know it was about me. It sucks. They suck. The whole situation sucked.

That's ridiculous. I think I would've confronted them about it. But then again, back in my heaviest days probably not. Don't let idiots like that discourage you though. If what you're doing is working keep at it. In a few months time you'll be much improved and they will remain the same indefinitely. Walking at 2 mph on the treadmill does nothing but waste time. I don't judge anyone at the gym regardless of what kind of shape they are in if they're making an effort. But the slow treadmill walkers yeah I kinda judge that, haha. I think they do it just to be able to say they "go to the gym" like its the trendy thing to do.

I've gotten more aggressive and confrontational since losing weight. Maybe my T levels are higher, lol, I dunno. I'm not a jerk or anything but I'll stand up for myself when appropriate whereas before I would just stay quiet and be very passive.

Nah, I bet it's just an increase in confidence :) At least, that's how it's been for me. I never would've thought about confronting anyone about anything before, but now, I definitely feel like I can and will. If someone said something as nasty as that that to me, I would be like, "B*tch, I will straight-up knock your slow *kitten* off that treadmill!"

Okay, I probably wouldn't have said that exactly ;) but something similar >:)
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Trying to find a Friday flame-thread. (Totally bored at work, can you tell?) If this one gets traction, it may work.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10139848/a-fat-melter-buster#latest

I keep looking too!

This one is gross, but there are some funny comments: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10139637/runners-trots-any-hints-and-tips-to-stop
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I bought a footlong egg salad sub for lunch (major craving) and intended to work the whole thing into today's calories. Only ate half before I realized I was satisfied. On top of being super proud of myself, I now have lunch for tomorrow as well. Yay! ;)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Trying to find a Friday flame-thread. (Totally bored at work, can you tell?) If this one gets traction, it may work.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10139848/a-fat-melter-buster#latest

I keep looking too!

This one is gross, but there are some funny comments: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10139637/runners-trots-any-hints-and-tips-to-stop

I can attest that is a serious issue!! I can make myself "go" on command these days (with the right amount of coffee), it comes in handy.
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    whatang wrote: »
    When I run outside I am a spitting, snotty, nose blowing, sweaty mess. I know it's gross, but I need to breathe dammit!

Welcome to my world!

Me too - I also get incredibly red faced (which I'm totally embarrassed about - and one of the reasons I like to run first thing when there aren't many people around).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I'll see that wager.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10139619/20lbs-is-4weeks/p1

Doh. I saw that one and didn't open it. For some reason I was thinking it was a success story...
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Umm, I pretty much always workout with my makeup on...and my hair done. I go in the evening after work. I'm not gonna wash my face and hair just to go to the gym and get sweaty.

Do you have super duper make-up or something? All the women I see end up with mascara half-way down their face. But you are talking to the girl who only puts make-up on for special occasions lol. Even then I hate doing it.

I go after work too, so full makeup, but half of it is gone by the time I leave. Waterproof mascara is wonderful! And I'm the opposite of you...rarely leave the house without makeup because I feel more comfortable with it on.

Ah, you see, I kinda feel I'm not worthy of make-up. My logic is, it's not going to cover up the fact I'm fat. To me it's like putting make-up on *Insert ugly creature here* (I know some people will find one animal ugly but others find cute). I see it as a waste of time, money and effort putting it on, and then more time, money and effort taking it off. But that's my opinion, I know people who HAVE to put make-up on just to nip to the shops. Even worse, I know people who will spend the entire of a Saturday getting ready for that night. What a waste of a day?!

I am one of those people who wears make-up every day. I never used to wear it at all...started about a year and a half ago. That being said, it takes me about 5 minutes to put my make-up on, and if I am having a lazy Saturday at home, I will not put make-up on to run to the store. I am fat, but I think I am beautiful...definitely not an ugly creature.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I don't want to seem like I'm judging anyone, but I like you.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Confession - I got to wear two wedding dresses. For my second wedding I just went to David's Bridal. Got to feel like a fat cow twice (really, didn't feel sexy one bit in those dresses). Can't remember what dessert for my first wedding was.

Second confession - food truck festival tomorrow and I'm completely psycho about it. One minute I want to go so badly, the next I don't because I know I'll eat all the foods (seriously, they have pretty much everything I love there). I really don't know what to do (the kids want to go, obviously).

Third confession - I haven't worn make up in probably 20 years.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Double posted again.
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I made the mistake of making my cookies & cream protein shake with water instead of cashew milk this morning. I had to force myself to drink it. I will NOT be making that mistake again.

Confession: We went to Jose Peppers for dinner last night (first night all week my husband has been home before 8). I ate so many chips, about 1/3 of the espinaca dip and half of a grilled chicken chimichanga that was smothered in more espinaca dip washed and I washed it all down with a full calorie delicious Dr. Pepper.

I have 100% no regrets about any food decisions yesterday even though I woke up a pound heavier this morning.

I must ask, how is cashew milk? I've heard all about it but I'm not sure if I would like it.

To be honest, I thought I would HATE it. I despise almond, soy and other non-dairy milk substitutes. I had no reason to believe cashew milk would be any different. I mean, I don't even like cashew nuts that much to begin with.

My husband bought it on a whim. The first thing he made with it was a cookies and cream and peanut butter shake. I died. I just could not believe how delicious this drink was. It was like a fancy schmancy drink you'd order at some overpriced coffee house.

It's a little on the pricey side, but it's non-dairy which is easy on my tummy and it's WAY healthier than milk. We've been buying it ever since.

Do you have the recipe for that cookies and cream and peanut shake?
  • ladybuggnorris
    Options
    I never wear makeup to the gym, I'm afraid it'll clog my pores.

You look lovely without!
  • ladybuggnorris
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I never wear makeup to the gym, I'm afraid it'll clog my pores.

You look lovely without!

Apparently you look so good, it needed to be said twice.
  • ladybuggnorris
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    My whole life I have been very sensitive to heat. Even when I was underweight I would get hot very easy. If it was 65f/18C degrees outside I would at the least need a fan going. I am currently dressed in four pairs of socks, three pairs of pants, three shirts with a sweatshirt over the top and I am wearing fluffy finger-less gloves. I am still freezing! My confession is that I am the reason no one has any hot water! Sitting in a hot tub is the only time I am warm. If I could sleep in there I would. :#

Have you had your thyroid checked. I, even being obese, was so cold all the time. Once I got my thyroid regulated, I am more normal. I am still cooler than normal people, but not as cold as I was.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 - Why did you get flagged on the grapefruit post?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 - Why did you get flagged on the grapefruit post?

Cuz I called someone 'rude' who was being rude? Not sure. But it kinda makes me happy - first flags!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Umm, I pretty much always workout with my makeup on...and my hair done. I go in the evening after work. I'm not gonna wash my face and hair just to go to the gym and get sweaty.

Do you have super duper make-up or something? All the women I see end up with mascara half-way down their face. But you are talking to the girl who only puts make-up on for special occasions lol. Even then I hate doing it.

I go after work too, so full makeup, but half of it is gone by the time I leave. Waterproof mascara is wonderful! And I'm the opposite of you...rarely leave the house without makeup because I feel more comfortable with it on.

Ah, you see, I kinda feel I'm not worthy of make-up. My logic is, it's not going to cover up the fact I'm fat. To me it's like putting make-up on *Insert ugly creature here* (I know some people will find one animal ugly but others find cute). I see it as a waste of time, money and effort putting it on, and then more time, money and effort taking it off. But that's my opinion, I know people who HAVE to put make-up on just to nip to the shops. Even worse, I know people who will spend the entire of a Saturday getting ready for that night. What a waste of a day?!

Aww...this makes me sad. I don't wear makeup 99% of the time because I don't want to spend the time or money AND and I think I'm damn sexy without it. (I also have a twinge of uncomfortableness with the idea that just women do it - like we have to fix ourselves for public consumption.) If you WANT to wear it, please don't let anything stop you, especially not feeling like you're not worthy. Hugs.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I'll see that wager.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10139619/20lbs-is-4weeks/p1

This is why I love this thread <3:*
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I am allowing other people too much influence over my actions, and not paying enough attention to what I want and as such, my diet/healthy living lifestyle and exercise is suffering.

But you realize it and can put a stop to it! Don't let others make you feel guilty for it, either! You take control of your life for YOU. Putting yourself first and others second is not selfish. You can do it!
    thats tough when its your parents or close friends that just never seem to understand. They then make it out so that you are the bad guy.

I know it is easier said than done. No one in my immediate family eats healthy or worksout. They probably all think I have an obsession, but I don't care. I'm healthy and happy and they all have health issues. Just trying to help.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    If I tried to jog with my beagle I'd probably (definitely) fall down almost immediately. He likes to stop and smell every. little. thing. so the first interesting stink would bring him to a dead stop.

When we lived in our old condo, my husband suggested that i take my cat for a walk down the hallway to check the mail. 20 min later he pops his head out the door to see we've made it 10 feet. The cat had no concept of "going for a walk" and would take 2 steps. Sit and look around. Lick himself. Go 5 steps in the opposite direction and repeat.

Yep, pretty sure that IS the definition of "going for a walk" for a cat! Funny.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    If I tried to jog with my beagle I'd probably (definitely) fall down almost immediately. He likes to stop and smell every. little. thing. so the first interesting stink would bring him to a dead stop.

When we lived in our old condo, my husband suggested that i take my cat for a walk down the hallway to check the mail. 20 min later he pops his head out the door to see we've made it 10 feet. The cat had no concept of "going for a walk" and would take 2 steps. Sit and look around. Lick himself. Go 5 steps in the opposite direction and repeat.

Yep, pretty sure that IS the definition of "going for a walk" for a cat! Funny.
    I tried this a couple of times with one of my long-ago cats. We called it "Going for a drag". Not a big success.