Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I love so many of these dresses! Anyone know how UK or Canada sizing translates to US? I think UK is 4 more, but don't know about Canada...

The size chart shows UK to US. I thought Canada was the same as US without such bad vanity sizing. Is that not the case?
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I keep a stash of chocolate in my office...and in my bedroom, and hidden in my closet. I've been good lately, but it's there, just in case.

I keep a stash in my car boot. Which if fine through the winter, then I have to think of somewhere else for the summer because it melts and makes a big chocolate mess in my car... which can be mistaken for something else. :confounded:

This reminded me of an embarrassing story... a few years ago I went out shopping with my cousin. I was wearing white shorts. We got to the mall, wandered slowly around, got ice cream then finally went into a store. A sales lady came up to me and discreetly told me that I had something on my shorts. There was a brown stain right in the center of my butt. Turns out that a younger cousin had been in the car earlier, eating chocolate covered almonds. I sat on it and melted it.

I bought a new pair of pants in that store. I'm still paranoid about wearing white pants/shorts.

Oh no, how embarrassing. At least you were somewhere that you could buy new pants right away.

Hopefully you can laugh at it now.

I think I laughed about it then... thankfully I was having a confident day lol. What amazed me was how nobody else said anything. I was walking around the mall for about half an hour looking like I sharted in my white shorts and no one said anything... Okay, I may not want to be the one to point that out to a someone else either, but still.

Moral of the story: If you see someone with something on their clothes (or in their teeth), bring it to their attention. You can do it discreetly. They may be embarrassed at first, but in the end I'm sure they'd appreciate it!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I love so many of these dresses! Anyone know how UK or Canada sizing translates to US? I think UK is 4 more, but don't know about Canada...

US and Canada sizes are the same. I believe UK is 4 larger (well, 2, because they jump by even numbers.
  • octopi28
    octopi28 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to force myself into doing a paper and studying. I'm telling myself that if I do it, I can order one of the dresses off this site http://1861.ca/. I just discovered it recently and I have NEVER been a fan of clothes shopping, but I love their dresses!!!

This shop has amazing stuff!!... Thanks for sharing it, I have been looking for a short white dress matching that style for a while now, and there, they have several of them I love!!!

Feel free to share your favorites shop websites ladies :)

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

The size chart shows UK to US. I thought Canada was the same as US without such bad vanity sizing. Is that not the case?

Hmmm...I must be challenged. I'm looking at Modcloth and just seeing UK being specified. The "details" button is just giving me length.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

I can't say I've done much clothes shopping here in Canada, even though I've been living here for years!!! I think, though, that they are the same in terms of sizes. I ordered a medium dress from Boutique 1861 and was not able to fit into it... and accidentally broke one of the straps trying to get the thing off of me! So hopefully I am able to lose enough weight to be able to fit into it... that's one of my motivations! :D

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I told a hard boiled egg "F--- you" and threw it in the garbage because it would not peel.
    Pfft, this is why I don't make them often even though I love them.

• FluffySandwich
    edited April 2015
    Options
    octopi28 wrote: »
    I'm trying to force myself into doing a paper and studying. I'm telling myself that if I do it, I can order one of the dresses off this site http://1861.ca/. I just discovered it recently and I have NEVER been a fan of clothes shopping, but I love their dresses!!!

This shop has amazing stuff!!... Thanks for sharing it, I have been looking for a short white dress matching that style for a while now, and there, they have several of them I love!!!

Feel free to share your favorites shop websites ladies :)
    No problem, they do have adorable clothes!!! The trick is getting them before they are all sold out. They have a lot of promotions too, from what I've seen :smile:

EDIT: Also, they are delivered in awesome packaging with a handwritten note saying something kind. Mine was along the lines of "You are going to look so beautiful in this dress!'' It's just nice to see that kind of thing sometimes :P
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options

Hmmm...I must be challenged. I'm looking at Modcloth and just seeing UK being specified. The "details" button is just giving me length.

Nevermind - I am challenged. "Size chart" in the bottom right corner. Sorry ;)
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I keep a stash of chocolate in my office...and in my bedroom, and hidden in my closet. I've been good lately, but it's there, just in case.

I keep a stash in my car boot. Which if fine through the winter, then I have to think of somewhere else for the summer because it melts and makes a big chocolate mess in my car... which can be mistaken for something else. :confounded:

This reminded me of an embarrassing story... a few years ago I went out shopping with my cousin. I was wearing white shorts. We got to the mall, wandered slowly around, got ice cream then finally went into a store. A sales lady came up to me and discreetly told me that I had something on my shorts. There was a brown stain right in the center of my butt. Turns out that a younger cousin had been in the car earlier, eating chocolate covered almonds. I sat on it and melted it.

I bought a new pair of pants in that store. I'm still paranoid about wearing white pants/shorts.

Oh no, how embarrassing. At least you were somewhere that you could buy new pants right away.

Hopefully you can laugh at it now.

I think I laughed about it then... thankfully I was having a confident day lol. What amazed me was how nobody else said anything. I was walking around the mall for about half an hour looking like I sharted in my white shorts and no one said anything... Okay, I may not want to be the one to point that out to a someone else either, but still.

Moral of the story: If you see someone with something on their clothes (or in their teeth), bring it to their attention. You can do it discreetly. They may be embarrassed at first, but in the end I'm sure they'd appreciate it!

Yes! Yes!
  • ythannah
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Ok. I don't know which one to get, but hopefully bribing myself will help me finish this semester.

Yeah so I'm super procrastinating about work and I had to check out that site. Their line looks very similar to ModCloth (retro/vintage inspired) which features customer pics modeling the clothes so you can see what they look like on real people. You'd probably like their stuff too.
    Ooh, thank you for s howing me this. They are very similar! I love the vintage look.

Hmm you may not thank me if you end up buying more clothes!

I bought this dress a while ago for a wedding: modcloth.com/shop/dresses/bead-it-dress-in-grey
    I'm usually good about that sort of thing :P I am fearful of spending a lot of money... but I love these dresses. I wouldn't mind if you gave me some suggestions on which dress to buy. A lot of them at Boutique 1861 get sold out super fast though... :frowning:

I love this one but looks like it's only available in Large now: 1861.ca/collections/robes/products/shun-emerald

I like floral prints (but this has too much of a defined waist for me): http://1861.ca/collections/robes/products/lucretia

This is gorgeous if you can do strapless: http://1861.ca/collections/robes/products/novare

And this one caught my eye when I first went to the site: http://1861.ca/collections/robes/products/cariss
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

I am totally paranoid about wearing white pants/shorts/skirts!

I can't even handle white shirts. about 75% of my shirts are black or navy, the other 25% some sort of brighter blue or grey. I did buy one white t-shirt recently though, but I am paranoid when I wear it. Coffee drips don't show on dark shirts!!!!

• FluffySandwich
    Options

Ok. I don't know which one to get, but hopefully bribing myself will help me finish this semester.

Yeah so I'm super procrastinating about work and I had to check out that site. Their line looks very similar to ModCloth (retro/vintage inspired) which features customer pics modeling the clothes so you can see what they look like on real people. You'd probably like their stuff too.
    Ooh, thank you for s howing me this. They are very similar! I love the vintage look.

I bought this dress a while ago for a wedding: modcloth.com/shop/dresses/bead-it-dress-in-grey
    I'm usually good about that sort of thing :P I am fearful of spending a lot of money... but I love these dresses. I wouldn't mind if you gave me some suggestions on which dress to buy. A lot of them at Boutique 1861 get sold out super fast though... :frowning:

I love this one but looks like it's only available in Large now: 1861.ca/collections/robes/products/shun-emerald

I like floral prints (but this has too much of a defined waist for me): http://1861.ca/collections/robes/products/lucretia

This is gorgeous if you can do strapless: http://1861.ca/collections/robes/products/novare

And this one caught my eye when I first went to the site: http://1861.ca/collections/robes/products/cariss

Liking the look of those! Lucretia looks really gorgeous, but it's a bit over my price range! Who knows, though... maybe if I finish this school work.... ;)
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    And we wonder why there are no guys in this thread...

;);)

Kidding. I love ModCloth. I wish I could afford to have my whole wardrobe redone w/ vintage style clothes.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Update on the renewal.

I spoke to my husband about this last night because I was telling him about this thread (which I LOVE by the way) and the conversations about wanting to eat cake and wear a pretty dress. He said I really wanted to do a renewal for our 15th. I said I did too, but I cannot justify spending that kind of money when we have as much debt as we do and that money could go to bills. Not that it's selfish to do that, I can't really explain my logic.

We might wait for our 20 year to do the whole renewal thing. He DID tell me though, we should probably go ring shopping! :p

I did not argue.
  • FluffySandwich
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm actually really liking the Elinbet. http://1861.ca/collections/new/products/elinbet

Reminds me of a sexy sailor lady. It looks like it wouldn't be as nice looking on my small stature, though :( Oh how I wish I had long legs sometimes. Then I could buy that thing, get on a ship, and sail around the ocean all day.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »
    My confession today is that I chew the skin around my nails on my fingers, when I'm not chewing them I pick them. It looks gross and it hurts but I can't stop doing it. I'm nearly 33 and have been doing it since I was about 11. Every now and again I stop it but then I always start up again. Nasty habit! :(

I do this too. My fingers look a mess, but I haven't been able to stop. I don't bite my nails as much as I used to, but I still pick at the skin. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember and it gets worse if I'm anxious or stressed. I'm embarrassed to let people see my hands.

And it doesn't help that I live in a dry climate so my skin is always rough (I try to use lotion, but it's not enough).

i peel layers of skin off of the bottoms of my feet and heels. sometimes i rip off too much, hit raw flesh then end up with a slight limp for a few days while it heals....

I do this too
  • ythannah
    Options

Liking the look of those! Lucretia looks really gorgeous, but it's a bit over my price range! Who knows, though... maybe if I finish this school work.... ;)

Back to those books, Fluffy! You can earn that dress...

I have no idea why my last 3 links messed up.

I might have bought Shun if they had my size. :(
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    I'm actually really liking the Elinbet. http://1861.ca/collections/new/products/elinbet

Reminds me of a sexy sailor lady. It looks like it wouldn't be as nice looking on my small stature, though :( Oh how I wish I had long legs sometimes. Then I could buy that thing, get on a ship, and sail around the ocean all day.

Super cute! I'm super tempted to get this one from ModCloth, although I have no particular reason to get a new dress: http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/lakeside-libations-dress-in-crimson
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I would buy one of those cute dresses, but it would just hang in the closet!