Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Speaking of cleaning products, I think my fave has to be the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It REALLY IS magic! It cleans EVERYTHING!!!

ETA: I'm already planning on binge watching season 4 of The Walking Dead tonight on Netflix. Bring on the popcorn and Daryl! <3
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Umm, I pretty much always workout with my makeup on...and my hair done. I go in the evening after work. I'm not gonna wash my face and hair just to go to the gym and get sweaty.

Do you have super duper make-up or something? All the women I see end up with mascara half-way down their face. But you are talking to the girl who only puts make-up on for special occasions lol. Even then I hate doing it.

I go after work too, so full makeup, but half of it is gone by the time I leave. Waterproof mascara is wonderful! And I'm the opposite of you...rarely leave the house without makeup because I feel more comfortable with it on.

Ah, you see, I kinda feel I'm not worthy of make-up. My logic is, it's not going to cover up the fact I'm fat. To me it's like putting make-up on *Insert ugly creature here* (I know some people will find one animal ugly but others find cute). I see it as a waste of time, money and effort putting it on, and then more time, money and effort taking it off. But that's my opinion, I know people who HAVE to put make-up on just to nip to the shops. Even worse, I know people who will spend the entire of a Saturday getting ready for that night. What a waste of a day?!

Aww...this makes me sad. I don't wear makeup 99% of the time because I don't want to spend the time or money AND and I think I'm damn sexy without it. (I also have a twinge of uncomfortableness with the idea that just women do it - like we have to fix ourselves for public consumption.) If you WANT to wear it, please don't let anything stop you, especially not feeling like you're not worthy. Hugs.

Awww I've just seen this reply *hugs back* I've always said the only parts I like about myself is my face and boobs. I guess if there was something I didn't like about my face I would wear makeup, at least more often maybe.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    m_w_s wrote: »
    Confession 1: First post and am super nervous. I've been reading this thread over the last couple of weeks. I've laughed hysterically, been pissed of and amazed, learned a lot, and met so many interesting characters and had my heart broken by some of the really intense things you've all talked about. Better than any novel. So joining in feels weird.

Confession 2: I've just started taking this "get healthy" thing seriously, and have been tracking for a couple of weeks. So far so good on mostly sticking to it, and carefully weighing and measuring to make sure I'm not fooling myself. I am so angry at myself about how long it has taken me to start doing this properly, about all the years where I just let things creep up a pound at a time, and about everything I miss out on because of my weight that I kind of hate myself. I should probably work on that.

Confession 3: I have been going all week knowing I will have a treat this weekend, while fitting into my CICO. So, I am fantasizing hardcore and in seriously vivid detail about having a really nice big, juicy cheeseburger this weekend and it is so distracting!

Get the cheeseburger! Savour the cheeseburger. You earned it! I feel the same way about the pint of beer I have every Friday after work. :)
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Update on the renewal.

I spoke to my husband about this last night because I was telling him about this thread (which I LOVE by the way) and the conversations about wanting to eat cake and wear a pretty dress. He said I really wanted to do a renewal for our 15th. I said I did too, but I cannot justify spending that kind of money when we have as much debt as we do and that money could go to bills. Not that it's selfish to do that, I can't really explain my logic.

We might wait for our 20 year to do the whole renewal thing. He DID tell me though, we should probably go ring shopping! :p

I did not argue.

Yay, thats awesome!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I've skipped all the dress posts. I haven't worn a dress since I was 12. I only wear skirts if I absolutely have to.

Same. I hate dresses and skirts*. I feel like they restrict me too much (I know it doesn't really make sense). Not that I sit with my legs spread or anything, but I feel like I have to be so careful with how I'm sitting. And I hate when they're a lighter material that the wind likes to pick up and blow around.

Also, I hate shopping for clothes and shoes (except gym clothes & shoes).

* I should clarify, I hate dresses and skirts on me!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Confession 1: First post and am super nervous. I've been reading this thread over the last couple of weeks. I've laughed hysterically, been pissed of and amazed, learned a lot, and met so many interesting characters and had my heart broken by some of the really intense things you've all talked about. Better than any novel. So joining in feels weird.

Confession 2: I've just started taking this "get healthy" thing seriously, and have been tracking for a couple of weeks. So far so good on mostly sticking to it, and carefully weighing and measuring to make sure I'm not fooling myself. I am so angry at myself about how long it has taken me to start doing this properly, about all the years where I just let things creep up a pound at a time, and about everything I miss out on because of my weight that I kind of hate myself. I should probably work on that.

Confession 3: I have been going all week knowing I will have a treat this weekend, while fitting into my CICO. So, I am fantasizing hardcore and in seriously vivid detail about having a really nice big, juicy cheeseburger this weekend and it is so distracting!

Get the cheeseburger! Savour the cheeseburger. You earned it! I feel the same way about the pint of beer I have every Friday after work. :)

I am having bunless bacon cheeseburger tonight: 6oz 80/20 beef, 3 slices of thick cut bacon, good sharp cheddar, little mustard. *drools*
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

I am having bunless bacon cheeseburger tonight: 6oz 80/20 beef, 3 slices of thick cut bacon, good sharp cheddar, little mustard. *drools*

Sounds amazing! I love burgers.

I'm going for dinner with friends tomorrow night and I've already planned on what I'm going to order. I will do a good workout tomorrow to burn some extra calories, but otherwise I'm not going to worry about it! I only get to see them a few times a year & don't eat out that often so I'm going to enjoy it.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Speaking of cleaning products, I think my fave has to be the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It REALLY IS magic! It cleans EVERYTHING!!!

ETA: I'm already planning on binge watching season 4 of The Walking Dead tonight on Netflix. Bring on the popcorn and Daryl! <3

I tried to use this thing, it basically broke apart as I rubbed, I've a strong rubbing grip that I use frequently, Magic Eraser didn't hold up.
  • m_w_s
    m_w_s Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I don't think youre the only person who feels that way, at least sometimes. We are doing the right thing now though. Always moving forward.

Get that cheeseburger!

Thank you! I need to just remind myself about that. It is why I joined here, so it doesn't feel so lonely doing this.
  • m_w_s
    m_w_s Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Oh I will. I have it all worked out, down to the last delicious condiment. No room for fries or soda, but the burger will be epic and perfect.

• Exegi_Corpus
    Exegi_Corpus Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot for two days and as a person who hates breaking his routine and getting out of the way of his goals I feel angry :'(
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

So true. We had an Easter window cling on a window that gets a lot of sun, and when we removed the cling, the design stayed on the window. I tried to scrub it off with regular window cleaner with no success. Mr. Clean saved me.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

It doesn't clean marker and sunscreen off wall paint. I tried :(
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    Speaking of showers. Every time my BF stays over he uses my shampoo, soap, deodorant and my toothpaste. Frankly, I don't like it for a number of reasons. We've talked about it, but he thinks I'm petty. Yesterday, I asked him where his stuff was, he said in his gym bag at work. Today, I hid the deodorant, when he asked where it was, I said, "It's gone".

Oh, I'm judging this! Men should NOT wear women's deodorant.

I always found men's deodorant is better than women's anyway! Why would he want to smell like a girl?

Yeah, I am female and wears men's deodorant.....

I was busy all day and am now ten pages behind.....
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    The only 2 dresses that I currently own;
    1. my wedding dress that's in a box in my closet.
    2. a tiny 'little black dress' I bought at my thinnest now I'm too fat to wear it. *sob* ;)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    My favorite cleaning product?
    Kaboom FOAM-TASTIC not the sh-t in the spray bottle, it has to be the metal spray can. That stuff cleans my shower, tub, sinks so well and it smells nice too. The stuff in the spray bottle will knock you out cold with the strong odor. Don't use that, nooooo ...
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I tried to use this thing, it basically broke apart as I rubbed, I've a strong rubbing grip that I use frequently, Magic Eraser didn't hold up.

A strong rubbing grip? LOL
    It takes several uses for it to break apart when I use them. I guess my rubbing grip is only mediocre.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I confess on the Friday nights when I have to drop my son off at his dads I sometimes go through MacDonald's drive through for a feel better burger, thankfully he doesn't take him very often

Treat yourself better and go for a better treat, you deserve it!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Magic Erasers are basically micro-grain sanding blocks. They're not washing so much as chipping away the very top layer of whatever you use them on. I've wondered how long it takes to use one to get down to drywall.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear that, AOJ. I have found the generic ones don't hold up nearly as well. And I'm sure your elbow grease is a lot stronger than mine.