Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I was trying so hard to read through this entire thread before posting one of my own confessions, but after about a month of attempting to catch up, I finally give up!

Confession #1: When I found out about the loose skin problems associated with extreme weight loss, I stopped working out and trying to lose weight (after already losing 60 of the 130lbs I need to lose). Even if I get plastic surgery for the loose skin, I would be paying tons of money just to have a huge scar.

Then, a few weeks ago, by chance, I saw a picture of someone who had a tattoo to cover a tummy tuck scar, and suddenly it hit me that if I get the scar tattooed over, then I won't have to explain to all of my friends/family/future partners why it looks like a shark bit me in half. My motivation is back!

Confession #2: It scares me how important attractiveness is to my weight loss goals. You would think that someone who has been obese since pre-k would have given up on such vanity, but no such luck :/

(I'm even judging myself really hard for this post, so it's okay for you to judge!)

Well, you could lose 130 lbs and not need a tummy tuck at all, depending on your age and genetics...
  • sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    People at work ask me for diet and exercise advice but then don't follow what I say (CICO, Macros, HIIT, going to the gym is better than not going to the gym even if you are tired or busy) and then complain that it's not working for them. I'm pretty good at rolling my eyes inwardly now but c'mon! You didn't get this size in a week or a month, why would it come off that easy?

However my confession is, that despite how I am Judgy Mcjudgerson because they can't follow the rules, my goal for this week is to not replace meals with donuts. Yeah, I'm a shining example. I haven't lost a kilo in months but at least I've put the effort in at the gym and I look much slimmer, so I kind of don't care that I'm being a terrible "do as I say, not as I do person".
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ok, everyone.... WHICH EXERCISE MACHINE SHOULD I USE AT THE GYM? I'm staying away from the weights for now... thinking about going over there with the bulky guys gives me severe anxiety. What's your favorite cardio machine to use?

As for a confession... I always work on Sundays. Today I went in and saw someone was already working in my place. Apparently I wasn't on the schedule today, probably by mistake. I definitely was not going to complain, and planned to spend the whole day out in the sun after going back to my apartment and grabbing a book. As soon as I got there, I was overcome with a wave of fatigue and had to fight sleep before practically kicking myself out of my apartment hours later. Now I'm a bit better... but what is up with that? I'm so tired of being sleepy all the time. I waste way too many days... and I'm only 21 years old. How am I going to be in ten years?

Here's to hoping exercising regularly will help.

Exercise will definitely help but try taking liquid b12. Someone mentioned it earlier and I can attest that taking it regularly does help with energy. I mostly run on the treadmill. I am one of those people who like the treadmill. I like to watch TV and zone out.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I made the awful decision last night to get wendy's after work because I had not eaten all day and was just way too tired to make anything... yeah bad idea. TMI

Morning rolls around and let's just say I am cleared out. Cleared out enough that I dropped 2 lbs HAH!

dang... never again. least it is done, hahaha.

I keep wanting to get some fast food but it's been a year since I had some and I know that I would regret it later...

That is pretty much what I was like as well. Don't get me wrong, it tasted good and satisfied my hungry, but I had NO idea my body would react like that. Not really worth that haha

I had that happen when eating a local pizza chain. I don't know if it's the burger they use on their pizza since I have no problems with fast food burgers or burgers in general or maybe the cheese/sauce? All I know is I ate their pizza after almost a couple years & had the worst cramps in the world the next day.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I was trying so hard to read through this entire thread before posting one of my own confessions, but after about a month of attempting to catch up, I finally give up!

Confession #1: When I found out about the loose skin problems associated with extreme weight loss, I stopped working out and trying to lose weight (after already losing 60 of the 130lbs I need to lose). Even if I get plastic surgery for the loose skin, I would be paying tons of money just to have a huge scar.

Then, a few weeks ago, by chance, I saw a picture of someone who had a tattoo to cover a tummy tuck scar, and suddenly it hit me that if I get the scar tattooed over, then I won't have to explain to all of my friends/family/future partners why it looks like a shark bit me in half. My motivation is back!

Confession #2: It scares me how important attractiveness is to my weight loss goals. You would think that someone who has been obese since pre-k would have given up on such vanity, but no such luck :/

(I'm even judging myself really hard for this post, so it's okay for you to judge!)

I have struggled with weight my whole life and my primary reason to lose has always been vanity. Now that I am older I also think a bit on health but not much. Mostly I just want to look good. No judgement here!
  • Oberon21
    Options
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Confession
    I ruin songs for my teenage daughter. I sign along in a nasal voice when I feel the song is whiny. I ask too many questions about the meaning of the song or point out how sexist (or whatever it may be) the lyrics are of a particular song. I know he is talented but I change the station when I hear one popular Grammy winning singer whining about someone not being faithful. I don't mean to ruin songs for my daughter, it just happens when I point out something she stops liking the song.

For example the GDFR song that sounds like it has an oboe in it. Then it does not quite sound like and oboe but a sax. Then I go back and forth pondering what musical instrument is making that sound. It drives her nuts. But, we have a lot of similar musical tastes so when she broke her ipod and I gave her mine she didn't complain. :)

Then I think about songs I like and I could be called hypocritical. My kids knew the lyrics and sang along to Violent Femmes Blister in the Sun (for example, there are others) in early elementary school.

Confession #2
    In general I don't like violent movies but I find Grosse Point Blank hilarious.

I over-analyse song lyrics to the point of hating them. There was an admittedly crap song by a boyband over here a couple of summers ago called 'she walks like Rihanna' and it basically explained that this girl was rubbish at everything, but at least she could strut and was hot. Everyone at work would listen to it and it would wind me up so much. I kept hearing the message, 'young girls, don't worry about putting any effort into anything or developing any talents, you're hot so you'll be fine.'

Or the one that talks about how their rent is late but they're going out drinking and partying anyway? Way to be responsible, kids. You don't have a place to live, but at least you had fun for a few hours.

The one that annoys me most is older, but there are still women swooning over it - Lips of an Angel. Song about a guy sneaking around behind his gf's back, while she's home, to sweet talk his ex on the phone. It's not fuzzy and romantic.

Oh me too! I hate hate HATE that song, because of that.

Sooooo... the cotton candy Blizzard is everything AOJ said it was. Also had my first Sonic ( not the same day, lol), had caramel brownie Master Blast.

And I'll be bringing home red velvet Oreos, three kinds of Pop Tarts, and two bags of caramel puffcorn.

I'm pretending I'm bulking.

Went during lunch & got a Mini Cotton Candy Blizzard & wow was it good:D.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Gross confession:
    I just spent a happy couple of hours doing hands-and-knees weeding in my yard. I came in when I put my (ungloved) hand straight down on a dog poo. And it rained yesterday. A lot.
    On a related note, how bad is bleach for human skin?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

I'll add my amazement to that one. And the usual attack crew showed up.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I have a random request for a confession. Why do some people who are on here regularly not have pics in their avatar? I get not using a real pic I sure won't but why not a pet or a scene or something?
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

I could've written this post so no judgment here!!!

I did the same thing years ago: lost a lot of weight, got depressed over the loose skin thing, and gained all the weight back (and then some). It was seeing pics of tattoos over surgery scars that got me over that rough patch this time. I already have tattoos and will gladly get a few more if I can financially swing the surgery someday!

I've also been obese since forever, too. Which means 30+ years of being insulted or completely invisible because of my weight. So yeah, attractiveness is definitely part of my weight loss goals. :)
  • Tubbs216
    Options

I'll add my amazement to that one. And the usual attack crew showed up.
    I do wonder how rare the actual special snowflake is? I mean genuine metabolic differences which make it super hard to either gain or lose weight when on a diet that would cause another body with the same stats to behave 'typically'. I know we always see 'We are all different' on the threads a lot, but actually we're pretty similar on the whole. Slight variations are expected, but I wonder how many people are way out of the realm of 'normal' without medical reasons.
  • Tubbs216
    Options

I have struggled with weight my whole life and my primary reason to lose has always been vanity. Now that I am older I also think a bit on health but not much. Mostly I just want to look good. No judgement here!
    My sister lost a lot of weight and recently had plastic surgery (tummy tuck and arm lift). Scars or no scars, she looks FAB! She can now wear clothes a couple of sizes smaller just from the surgery.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    paulaviki wrote: »
    Ok, everyone.... WHICH EXERCISE MACHINE SHOULD I USE AT THE GYM? I'm staying away from the weights for now... thinking about going over there with the bulky guys gives me severe anxiety. What's your favorite cardio machine to use?

As for a confession... I always work on Sundays. Today I went in and saw someone was already working in my place. Apparently I wasn't on the schedule today, probably by mistake. I definitely was not going to complain, and planned to spend the whole day out in the sun after going back to my apartment and grabbing a book. As soon as I got there, I was overcome with a wave of fatigue and had to fight sleep before practically kicking myself out of my apartment hours later. Now I'm a bit better... but what is up with that? I'm so tired of being sleepy all the time. I waste way too many days... and I'm only 21 years old. How am I going to be in ten years?

It is true that regular exercise does give you more energy. But I've always felt like that, and ended up having some blood tests for a different reason (I was always thirsty). Turns out I had an underactive thyroid and B12 deficiency.

So as much as I hate the constant advice on here telling people they might have a thyroid problem if they can't lose weight, in this case I think it would be worth you having this checked if you haven't already.

I'm 32 and finally I'm not always falling asleep after work. It's so great.
    My boyfriend's mother thought I might have an underactive thyroid. Last time I got my bloodwork done, they didn't find anything that much out of the ordinary, except a greater than normal amount of bilirubin. I was prescribed melatonin as a teenager because I couldn't stop falling asleep in class, no matter how hard I tried (I once brought a bottle of water and would literally splash my face with it... didn't work). I also had low iron during that time. Maybe it's time for me to pay the doctor a visit :confounded:

Cardio machine - I did the elliptical for a while but since my gym put Solitaire on the treadmills, I'm back to that... I can't run anyway, so I just walk at 3.5mph (fairly fast for my height) and increase the incline progressively... 8% for an hour is relatively easy for me now. I did 9% last week but my calves have been screaming since, so I'll try again next week...
    I can't run either. More like... I'm scared to run. Have always been bad at it. I ended up doing 45 minutes of walking up the treadmill at about 3.5 MPH on a steep incline. I was sweating buckets, but it felt liberating. Then 15 minutes of stairmaster and 10 of cardiowave. About two years ago I was able to spend up to 3 hours (yes, I seriously did that one time) on the cardiowave. This time 10 minutes made me feel like I was dying. Urgh.

• Tubbs216
    edited May 2015
    Options

It is true that regular exercise does give you more energy. But I've always felt like that, and ended up having some blood tests for a different reason (I was always thirsty). Turns out I had an underactive thyroid and B12 deficiency.

So as much as I hate the constant advice on here telling people they might have a thyroid problem if they can't lose weight, in this case I think it would be worth you having this checked if you haven't already.

My boyfriend's mother thought I might have an underactive thyroid. Last time I got my bloodwork done, they didn't find anything that much out of the ordinary, except a greater than normal amount of bilirubin. I was prescribed melatonin as a teenager because I couldn't stop falling asleep in class, no matter how hard I tried (I once brought a bottle of water and would literally splash my face with it... didn't work). I also had low iron during that time. Maybe it's time for me to pay the doctor a visit :confounded:

Cardio machine - I did the elliptical for a while but since my gym put Solitaire on the treadmills, I'm back to that... I can't run anyway, so I just walk at 3.5mph (fairly fast for my height) and increase the incline progressively... 8% for an hour is relatively easy for me now. I did 9% last week but my calves have been screaming since, so I'll try again next week...
    I can't run either. More like... I'm scared to run. Have always been bad at it. I ended up doing 45 minutes of walking up the treadmill at about 3.5 MPH on a steep incline. I was sweating buckets, but it felt liberating. Then 15 minutes of stairmaster and 10 of cardiowave. About two years ago I was able to spend up to 3 hours (yes, I seriously did that one time) on the cardiowave. This time 10 minutes made me feel like I was dying. Urgh.
    How is your iron? My 19 yo daughter has really low iron and she's constantly exhausted.
    ETA: oops - sorry, I can't read. Sounds like it could be your iron.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options

Exercise will definitely help but try taking liquid b12. Someone mentioned it earlier and I can attest that taking it regularly does help with energy. I mostly run on the treadmill. I am one of those people who like the treadmill. I like to watch TV and zone out.
    Thanks! I think I'm going to try it out. I'm just sick of being in a constant state of exhaustion!

And running on the treadmill while watching TV sounds like it would make working out a lot more fun. I want to invest in getting a treadmill or elliptical to put in my apartment, but I'm scared of annoying my downstairs neighbors. I do have a tiny stationary bike, but it doesn't feel like it works as well as I would like. I don't break out into a sweat until about 30 minutes in! And even then it's barely a sweat! My shirt from the gym today hardly had any dry spots. I feel pretty gross, but I haven't felt this good about myself in a long while. :) I need to make this into a habit.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I have a random request for a confession. Why do some people who are on here regularly not have pics in their avatar? I get not using a real pic I sure won't but why not a pet or a scene or something?

I didn't have one for the longest time because I didn't know how to do it from my phone. I still don't know how to but I did it on my laptop eventually. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Haha cardiowave. Tried it once. Oh my poor quads LOL.

Just make sure not to hold to anything on the treadmill or you burn 20% less calories. But I think you burn more walking at an incline than running flat anyway.

I'd definitely have your iron levels checked. I used to have anemia and was always tired too.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

How is your iron? My 19 yo daughter has really low iron and she's constantly exhausted.
    ETA: oops - sorry, I can't read. Sounds like it could be your iron.
    Honestly, it still probably is low. Haven't checked it in a while. I'm bad about eating things with iron. I never crave meat, for one thing... and if I had my way I would live off of fruit and bread :confounded: I'm pretty sure bread has iron, though not sure how much... isn't there a way to add iron to my daily MFP goals?