Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    pigoon wrote: »
    I'm not even close to a troll. Sigh. It's fine. I didn't belong in this community in the first place, and that was the point. Thanks, guys, for reminding me.
    I'm truly sorry I offended you. It was not my intention.
    The smiley was meant to be friendly, because I didn't agree with what you wrote - I have family members for whom excess weight has absolutely been a major health issue. I didn't want to spoil the thread with the nastiness which happens elsewhere on the forums, so I chose not to argue.
  • yasminbower1991
    yasminbower1991 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I panic if i ever get close to going over MFP calorie limit, I weigh myself everyday (at least once)
    and my biggest confession is i LOVE sugar and nothing but the real thing can satisfy my cravings.
    Ah that feels better! X
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It took me MONTHS to actually measure how much creamer I put in my coffee. For a while I lied and logged 2 tbsp for 70 calories.

And then I stopped logging it at all. ¬_¬

And then when I was stalling for two weeks in loss, I hunkered down and measured. 1/2 cup of creamer at a whopping 235 calories. Such a bummer!

I had to do a week of black coffee only before I couldn't take it and switched to sugar free/fat free creamer. Now I drink more coffee and only a 1/4 cup of creamer. A 60 calorie coffee is better than a 235 calorie one. I still miss my calorie laden coffee though. :bawling:

Too true!!! I always loved a little coffee with my creamer. I switched to tea (which I never creamed but did take Southern sweet) Somehow, I can handle no sweet better than no cream. Maybe I'll try the sugar free/fat free.
  • pigoon
    pigoon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pigoon wrote: »
    I'm not even close to a troll. Sigh. It's fine. I didn't belong in this community in the first place, and that was the point. Thanks, guys, for reminding me.
    I'm truly sorry I offended you. It was not my intention.
    The smiley was meant to be friendly, because I didn't agree with what you wrote - I have family members for whom excess weight has absolutely been a major health issue. I didn't want to spoil the thread with the nastiness which happens elsewhere on the forums, so I chose not to argue.

I appreciate your apology, and I am very sorry I used insulting language in turn. I do not at all deny that being excessively fat can be, and is very often, bad for one's health. However, I did say that I am here not for health reasons at all, only vanity, which is more shameful to me. I do question the cultural association between fat as unhealthy and thin as healthy, however, which is another reason it is hard for me to be here. I felt immediately attacked. I won't continue to engage in the forums, because I feel it's damaging to my self esteem and overall fitness. So no more body positivity troll. Hurray! Peace out, everyone, sorry for usurping your thread, for real.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I confess that I change the serving sizes on other user's submissions all the time. If everything on the label matches what I have except the entry says 1 cup, 1 serving or something stupid I will change it to grams with the other measurement stuck off to the side sad and lonely in parenthesis. I also confess that I used to enter food items the same way (I didn't share with the public) and I had to go remake all of them when I got a better food scale and discovered the power of grams. :p
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm SO BORED today. I want to be outside in the garden but it's raining. My husband is away for work for another 8 days. My kids are all out doing their things. I feel like I should start a project but don't know what to do. I've already done my walking for the day. Thought about yoga but the studio doesn't have any more classes today. I feel like all my energy is going into my weightloss 'journey' lately (sorry, not keen on that expression) and I'm worried that I might fall off the wagon.

What do you do when you have a major case of 'BLARGHs'?

video games

You need a passion. Mine is horses. And school. And maybe work. But find something you love and put yourself out there to get involved. You will never be bored again.
    You're right. And I do have hobbies, but today nothing is doing it for me. 'I'm bored' is something my kids were never allowed to say when they were younger - I would always find them something to do, usually cleaning something! I think it's just that kind of day today. Tomorrow the rain should be gone and I have lots of outside jobs planned.
    For now, I think I hear Netflix calling my name...

When I am idle for any length of time I get incredibly depressed. I used to be so depressed in high school until I got a job. Now work and horses fill those empty spaces and I am almost never depressed although the last year I have felt a general overall depression that I think is more the stress of my job and the "I am 47 years old where is my life going" mid life crisis rather than any real depression.
    I'm 47 too, and was recently down-sized due to drop in oil prices, so I have too much time on my hands. Generally I'm a pretty even keel kind of person, but I'm antsy at the moment. My husband and I are working towards buying a small farm, so I'm thinking about that a lot, but it can't happen for at least 3 years, so we're kind of in limbo.

Still that is a great goal! I envy you. I am sure you'll find something soon if you are looking for a job. It is hard when you have idle time on your hands (which is why I avoid it).
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Let's get back to our old ways of the thread please! I'd be so sad if this thread gets closed :'(

+1

+2 I hope all the folks leaving come back. This is a good thread to be a part of as long as we stick to the original intent!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Ok, everyone.... WHICH EXERCISE MACHINE SHOULD I USE AT THE GYM? I'm staying away from the weights for now... thinking about going over there with the bulky guys gives me severe anxiety. What's your favorite cardio machine to use?

As for a confession... I always work on Sundays. Today I went in and saw someone was already working in my place. Apparently I wasn't on the schedule today, probably by mistake. I definitely was not going to complain, and planned to spend the whole day out in the sun after going back to my apartment and grabbing a book. As soon as I got there, I was overcome with a wave of fatigue and had to fight sleep before practically kicking myself out of my apartment hours later. Now I'm a bit better... but what is up with that? I'm so tired of being sleepy all the time. I waste way too many days... and I'm only 21 years old. How am I going to be in ten years?

Here's to hoping exercising regularly will help.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I confess that I change the serving sizes on other user's submissions all the time. If everything on the label matches what I have except the entry says 1 cup, 1 serving or something stupid I will change it to grams with the other measurement stuck off to the side sad and lonely in parenthesis. I also confess that I used to enter food items the same way (I didn't share with the public) and I had to go remake all of them when I got a better food scale and discovered the power of grams. :p
    The last time I tried this, MFP didn't let me update entries if all I did was change the serving size. Thanks for getting me to try again. :wink:

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Re cardio machines, I actually like the rower, because it is more different from what I can do outside. I hate cardio machines, though, so what I tend to do is create a circuit--10 mins of intervals on the treadmill, same on the elliptical and bike and rower and one of those big stairs things if you have them.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I used to "ask my friends what kind of pizza they wanted" when I was really just ordering two pizzas for myself.

I used to do the thing where I'd order a large pizza and three diet cokes. (Which was particularly dumb since I think the delivery place charged like $2/can.)

I wasn't even someone who would ever eat the whole pizza in a sitting and there's nothing strange about wanting leftovers so it was just about feeling pathetic about ordering pizza on my own. Now I'd have no problem with it, either--in fact, I ordered two pizzas with my sister on Friday and didn't even get insistent that she be there when I opened the door like I used to. I was much more paranoid about others making judgments about my eating habits when I was fat, which is sad.

Extra drinks at the drive thru so it didn't look like all those sandwiches were for one person.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Ok, everyone.... WHICH EXERCISE MACHINE SHOULD I USE AT THE GYM? I'm staying away from the weights for now... thinking about going over there with the bulky guys gives me severe anxiety. What's your favorite cardio machine to use?

As for a confession... I always work on Sundays. Today I went in and saw someone was already working in my place. Apparently I wasn't on the schedule today, probably by mistake. I definitely was not going to complain, and planned to spend the whole day out in the sun after going back to my apartment and grabbing a book. As soon as I got there, I was overcome with a wave of fatigue and had to fight sleep before practically kicking myself out of my apartment hours later. Now I'm a bit better... but what is up with that? I'm so tired of being sleepy all the time. I waste way too many days... and I'm only 21 years old. How am I going to be in ten years?

It is true that regular exercise does give you more energy. But I've always felt like that, and ended up having some blood tests for a different reason (I was always thirsty). Turns out I had an underactive thyroid and B12 deficiency.

So as much as I hate the constant advice on here telling people they might have a thyroid problem if they can't lose weight, in this case I think it would be worth you having this checked if you haven't already.

I'm 32 and finally I'm not always falling asleep after work. It's so great.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I used to "ask my friends what kind of pizza they wanted" when I was really just ordering two pizzas for myself.

I used to do the thing where I'd order a large pizza and three diet cokes. (Which was particularly dumb since I think the delivery place charged like $2/can.)

I wasn't even someone who would ever eat the whole pizza in a sitting and there's nothing strange about wanting leftovers so it was just about feeling pathetic about ordering pizza on my own. Now I'd have no problem with it, either--in fact, I ordered two pizzas with my sister on Friday and didn't even get insistent that she be there when I opened the door like I used to. I was much more paranoid about others making judgments about my eating habits when I was fat, which is sad.
    Extra drinks at the drive thru so it didn't look like all those sandwiches were for one person.
    I would always get buy my ridiculous "brunch" at the grocery store and used self check out to avoid looks from the cashier.

• JPW1990
    Options

My husband says the arc trainer is the meanest cardio machine in the gym, so I'd translate that to most effective. That said, I also think it's the reason he hasn't been back in over a week, so maybe one to ease into.
  • ChipChocolatePancake
    ChipChocolatePancake Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was trying so hard to read through this entire thread before posting one of my own confessions, but after about a month of attempting to catch up, I finally give up!

Confession #1: When I found out about the loose skin problems associated with extreme weight loss, I stopped working out and trying to lose weight (after already losing 60 of the 130lbs I need to lose). Even if I get plastic surgery for the loose skin, I would be paying tons of money just to have a huge scar.

Then, a few weeks ago, by chance, I saw a picture of someone who had a tattoo to cover a tummy tuck scar, and suddenly it hit me that if I get the scar tattooed over, then I won't have to explain to all of my friends/family/future partners why it looks like a shark bit me in half. My motivation is back!

Confession #2: It scares me how important attractiveness is to my weight loss goals. You would think that someone who has been obese since pre-k would have given up on such vanity, but no such luck :/

(I'm even judging myself really hard for this post, so it's okay for you to judge!)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

I have those days too. I don't know what's up with that...

Cardio machine - I did the elliptical for a while but since my gym put Solitaire on the treadmills, I'm back to that... I can't run anyway, so I just walk at 3.5mph (fairly fast for my height) and increase the incline progressively... 8% for an hour is relatively easy for me now. I did 9% last week but my calves have been screaming since, so I'll try again next week...

Confessions - went to the gym today and that walk mentioned above seemed much harder and I felt like I was hit by a truck when I was done. And sweating tons. I don't know why it's just harder sometimes.

Then I was starving and we went to that brunch buffet place I had been dying to go to... Started with dessert and mostly ate dessert (plus one small egg benedict, a sausage, a bit of bacon and two tiny cubes of cheese). For the first time since I joined MFP, I didn't even attempt to log it... I just logged 2400 calories and called it a day (no idea how much I actually ate... small pieces of brownie, pie, cream puffs, eclairs, 1/4 cups of puddings etc add up). It was delicious. I don't think I'll be able to have dinner and should still be at maintenance for the week, or even a bit under, so whatever. My body seems to want to maintain anyway...

Third confession - made a quiche from scratch. Forgot to weigh the pan before putting the crust in. Now I'm going to have to eyeball my servings. I HATE that.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I was trying so hard to read through this entire thread before posting one of my own confessions, but after about a month of attempting to catch up, I finally give up!

Confession #1: When I found out about the loose skin problems associated with extreme weight loss, I stopped working out and trying to lose weight (after already losing 60 of the 130lbs I need to lose). Even if I get plastic surgery for the loose skin, I would be paying tons of money just to have a huge scar.

Then, a few weeks ago, by chance, I saw a picture of someone who had a tattoo to cover a tummy tuck scar, and suddenly it hit me that if I get the scar tattooed over, then I won't have to explain to all of my friends/family/future partners why it looks like a shark bit me in half. My motivation is back!

Confession #2: It scares me how important attractiveness is to my weight loss goals. You would think that someone who has been obese since pre-k would have given up on such vanity, but no such luck :/

(I'm even judging myself really hard for this post, so it's okay for you to judge!)

Welcome to the thread!! :)
  • JPW1990
    Options

In my experience, once you have one scar, it's not so stressful to think about. I have one that runs from my sternum to my navel, and one really ugly botched C-Section scar (ironically due to loose skin from weight loss, he sewed it up wrong). If I ever have the means to get surgery, I'd need more than just a tummy tuck, so I've resigned myself to looking like a Sally doll if I ever have it done.

FU2903lg.jpg
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Well, you could lose 130 lbs and not need a tummy tuck at all, depending on your age and genetics...