Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Saaay, how 'bout our local sports team..?

You think that won't get judgmental or contentious?! ;-)

My confession: I was supposed to go to the dentist for a cleaning yesterday, but lied and claimed a conflict had come up when my dentist called to confirm/make sure I was willing to see a different person than I normally do, since I think they had doublebooked. The call gave me the idea, so I was like "oh, I don't mind, hmm, but if it's more convenient for you I can change." She said: "oh, no, let's keep it, we don't have any appointments available 'til August." I all of a sudden found myself saying "but tomorrow will be really stressful as it happens, I have a conflict that came up, August is okay," and so I moved it.

I was originally supposed to go in January but did basically the same thing.

I have stupid dentist fear (in part due to a terrible childhood dentist) that I need to get over already.

When you figure out how to do that, please let me know. I'm TERRIFIED of going to the dentist. I know I have cavities and I don't want him to hurt me by drilling and filling them.

Please go anyway! I know, I hate going to the dentist, but make sure they get you really numb and get those cavities filled! I know someone who refused to get a cavity filled. Ended up infected, went to his brain and killed him. He was only 30. Sorry for the terrible story and the downer - just a PSA!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Ok, I'm caught up. Here's my confession of the day: I gave blood yesterday. I had the juice, a cookie, and raisins after. An hour later I went to a meeting with people I had never met before...and passed out. So embarrassing! I then decided I needed to "get my blood sugar up." So I ate chocolate, ice cream, and more chocolate. I logged it all and ended up 1007 calories over for the day. I am going to have to work hard through the week to mitigate that!

I can't give blood because I pass out. Sounds embarrassing, but you did a good thing. Hopefully you feel proud of that part.

Here's the thing about giving blood. You can't judge yourself based on your ability to do it. My brother is 26, fit, healthy, super rock-climbing, kayaking, all-round action man. Passes out when he gives blood. I'm a girl with borderline iron levels for giving blood, 5'2", not that fit, yet I've never passed out when I have given blood successfully (about 12 times). Don't worry about it, giving blood is just not for everyone! At least you tried.

I donate all the time. I am 0- (universal donor) so they love me. As a matter of fact I am overdue and will go tomorrow as I took a personal day tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me. The blood donation places LOVE me because I am also CMV-. Which is apparently some virus most of the population gets as a child and toy don't show symptoms usually bit it can kill premature babies. So they give my blood to premature babies. I love that and am irrationally proud of it (irrational because I had zero control over that it's fate and genetics).

I get like that too as I am a female platelet donor (for cancer patients). I can donate platelets as a female until I become pregnant. Once I become preggers - no more platelets ever. I am genetically blessed with a high platelet count.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)

I don't like cilantro either which is why I get plain rice for my order.

I thought I was the ONLY one that did this. I hate cilantro and I think it tastes like feet. I don't want my food to taste like feet.

I love you, Mo, but BLASPHEMY! Cilantro is God's gift to tastebuds!

If you like feet, then, yes, it is. I prefer my food to taste like other things, like, I don't' know, food. :wink:

I am an extremely picky eater. I cannot stand tomatoes, onions, spicy, barbeque flavored things, and the list goes on and on. Cilantro is just another item on my extensive list.

I also hate raw tomatoes except in salsa and onions in any form (Hate hate hate hate hate them! Why do they have to be in EVERYTHING??????? They're so overpowering!). I will eat tomatoes if they're cooked/stewed and I love Heinz ketchup.

We're the same person. If there is onion in/on something, that's ALL I TASTE. I hate when I bite into a delicious burger or sandwich I specifically ordered with NO ONION and it's the first thing I chomp in to. So maddening. I have a couple times just stopped eating because I was so peeved. I have issues when it comes to food. I get unnecessarily annoyed/angry when my food gets messed up. And freaking McAlister's always "forgets" to leave the tomato off my chicken salad sandwich so there's always slimy little tomato seeds all under the lettuce. What if I was allergic, could I sue them? See...irrational.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    It's page 600. Time for epic confessions, people! I don't know if I have any really good ones.

I learned as a kid if I hit my sister before school she would forget to tell on me by the time Mom and Dad got home. If I hit her after school, she would remember and I would get in trouble. So, sometimes, I would save up from the day before... >:)o:)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I don't understand how you can all order dresses online.

The dress in my picture was taken in the Macy's dressing room. I didn't buy it that day, but then went home and decided I loved how it looked on me and ordered the exact same dress in the exact same size. When I put it on this morning, it was about 6-8" shorter than the one I tried on in the store. I'm too old to wear a dress that short to work! Aargh!!

Pic in the store on the left, same exact dress ordered online on the right. Aargh!!

image.jpg

(My first MFP picture attempt)
    Edited to say: Please disregard my husband's running clothes that he left laying on the floor. LOL

Super cute, and I don't think it's too short. I'm 40 and don't do short, but I think that is tasteful.

Can we just focus on how amazing your legs look in the second picture! Show them babies OFF!!!

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    So we're on page 600, and that is a lot of conversation, all of which has been deep and meaningful, helpful and healing.

Here's a list of people that I'm going to find in the afterlife and what question I'm going to ask them.

Bruce Lee - Teach me how to be like water?
    Sir Terry Pratchet - Tell me more about Ank Morpork?
    Douglas Adams - Will you hold my towel?

Edit: I just responded to a work email to someone getting snippy with me with "Cool Story Bro, except you need to do this like I said in my original request" hahahahaha
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

The dress in my picture was taken in the Macy's dressing room. I didn't buy it that day, but then went home and decided I loved how it looked on me and ordered the exact same dress in the exact same size. When I put it on this morning, it was about 6-8" shorter than the one I tried on in the store. I'm too old to wear a dress that short to work! Aargh!!
    Same. I get nervous just buying something without trying it on at the stores.

I get around it by only ordering from places with great return policies. I'm under 5'2" so there are lots of things that don't look right on me, especially dresses because they hit at the wrong place on my leg (below knee when made to stop at knee, etc).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So we're on page 600, and that is a lot of conversation, all of which has been deep and meaningful, helpful and healing.

Here's a list of people that I'm going to find in the afterlife and what question I'm going to ask them.

Edit: I just responded to a work email to someone getting snippy with me with "Cool Story Bro, except you need to do this like I said in my original request" hahahahaha

Awesome!

Afterlife questions - I want to know the true story about dinosaurs. I really want to ask my grandpa about being Jack Dempsey's sparring partner (just learned that a couple weeks ago. G'pa never said a word.) I want to know who Jack the Ripper really was. There's more, I've thought on this topic a lot. Of course, now I can't remember any.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

I say "cool story, bro" all the time! It's the perfect response to a story that you never cared about hearing in the first place.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options

Isn't in wonderful what you can get away with when you're on your way out?
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've been losing weight rather quickly lately. It's mostly because of heartache. The things I choose to eat are healthy, but I'm not forcing myself to consume more calories than feel good for me. My energy has been fine, clothes are fitting better, and I don't care if it's because of a temporary sucky situation that results are happening. The movement on the scale is helping me heal.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)

I don't like cilantro either which is why I get plain rice for my order.

I thought I was the ONLY one that did this. I hate cilantro and I think it tastes like feet. I don't want my food to taste like feet.

I love you, Mo, but BLASPHEMY! Cilantro is God's gift to tastebuds!

If you like feet, then, yes, it is. I prefer my food to taste like other things, like, I don't' know, food. :wink:

I am an extremely picky eater. I cannot stand tomatoes, onions, spicy, barbeque flavored things, and the list goes on and on. Cilantro is just another item on my extensive list.

I also hate raw tomatoes except in salsa and onions in any form (Hate hate hate hate hate them! Why do they have to be in EVERYTHING??????? They're so overpowering!). I will eat tomatoes if they're cooked/stewed and I love Heinz ketchup.

We're the same person. If there is onion in/on something, that's ALL I TASTE. I hate when I bite into a delicious burger or sandwich I specifically ordered with NO ONION and it's the first thing I chomp in to. So maddening. I have a couple times just stopped eating because I was so peeved. I have issues when it comes to food. I get unnecessarily annoyed/angry when my food gets messed up. And freaking McAlister's always "forgets" to leave the tomato off my chicken salad sandwich so there's always slimy little tomato seeds all under the lettuce. What if I was allergic, could I sue them? See...irrational.

I've sworn off Taco Bell bean burritos for life because the last time I had one (10+ years ago), I bit into a huge chunk of onion halfway through when I said no onion. It was disgusting. I spit it out and almost threw up.

I also hate when I order McDonald's McDoubles plain and there's a few little pieces of onion somewhere on it and I taste them. I like those burgers, but I stick to their nuggets from now on.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Awesome!

Afterlife questions - I want to know the true story about dinosaurs. I really want to ask my grandpa about being Jack Dempsey's sparring partner (just learned that a couple weeks ago. G'pa never said a word.) I want to know who Jack the Ripper really was. There's more, I've thought on this topic a lot. Of course, now I can't remember any.

They covered this on an episode of Grimm recently.

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    After months of saying I will go get my hair cut I've finally booked an appointment for after work! I'm thinking I may give bangs a try again while keeping longer hair, or I may trim it up. I LOVE my length but I want something new as well... I'm a hairdressers nightmare. Lol
  • CountessKitteh
    Options

I like this idea a lot!

Julia Child - Is there actually such a thing as too much butter?
    Adolf Hitler - What the hell, dude? Seriously.
    My biological, paternal great grandmother - HOW DO I MAKE YOUR CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN MISSING IT FROM MY LIFE FOR 25 YEARS?!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Pic in the store on the left, same exact dress ordered online on the right. Aargh!!

image.jpg

(My first MFP picture attempt)
    Edited to say: Please disregard my husband's running clothes that he left laying on the floor. LOL

Super cute, and I don't think it's too short. I'm 40 and don't do short, but I think that is tasteful.

Can we just focus on how amazing your legs look in the second picture! Show them babies OFF!!!

Aw, shucks. :blush:
    It means more coming from somebody who isn't my husband. LOL
  • CountessKitteh
    Options

Awesome!

They covered this on an episode of Grimm recently.

I am not very happy with that show since the whole Juliette thing started, and it's a shame because I LOVED it prior to that.
  • emilewlew
    emilewlew Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I tend to go on weekend binges, for some reason I feel like it's ok to binge eat on Saturdays and Sundays. When I do this I stop tracking on MFP and get lost for about 2 weeks, then I finish my last binge on Sunday and start fresh on a Monday. For some reason I feel like I can't stop eating clean until a Monday and my weekend binges don't count.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have to eat a low fiber diet for the next two days and then nothing on Sunday but clear liquids because I have a procedure on Monday morning. I am about to be so hangry.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Same. I get nervous just buying something without trying it on at the stores.
    I get around it by only ordering from places with great return policies. I'm under 5'2" so there are lots of things that don't look right on me, especially dresses because they hit at the wrong place on my leg (below knee when made to stop at knee, etc).
    I've never really returned anything online. I should get over myself and buy something cute online one of these days.