Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TyraAnn
    TyraAnn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ketorach wrote: »
    Sometimes, I eat in bed and don't even remember. I wake up in the morning wondering why I'm not hungry, and then, I'm sad when I remember.

I find when I eat at night/ before bed,I'm ravenous like a bear out of hibernation
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Confession
    I ruin songs for my teenage daughter. I sign along in a nasal voice when I feel the song is whiny. I ask too many questions about the meaning of the song or point out how sexist (or whatever it may be) the lyrics are of a particular song. I know he is talented but I change the station when I hear one popular Grammy winning singer whining about someone not being faithful. I don't mean to ruin songs for my daughter, it just happens when I point out something she stops liking the song.

For example the GDFR song that sounds like it has an oboe in it. Then it does not quite sound like and oboe but a sax. Then I go back and forth pondering what musical instrument is making that sound. It drives her nuts. But, we have a lot of similar musical tastes so when she broke her ipod and I gave her mine she didn't complain. :)

Then I think about songs I like and I could be called hypocritical. My kids knew the lyrics and sang along to Violent Femmes Blister in the Sun (for example, there are others) in early elementary school.

Confession #2
    In general I don't like violent movies but I find Grosse Point Blank hilarious.

I over-analyse song lyrics to the point of hating them. There was an admittedly crap song by a boyband over here a couple of summers ago called 'she walks like Rihanna' and it basically explained that this girl was rubbish at everything, but at least she could strut and was hot. Everyone at work would listen to it and it would wind me up so much. I kept hearing the message, 'young girls, don't worry about putting any effort into anything or developing any talents, you're hot so you'll be fine.'

Or the one that talks about how their rent is late but they're going out drinking and partying anyway? Way to be responsible, kids. You don't have a place to live, but at least you had fun for a few hours.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I hate how during the week I can't keep up with this thread because I'm so busy at work and I really do my best to chime in a couple times a day! Then on the weekend I have no problem keeping up because no one really posts then haha I guess I have no life!
  • TyraAnn
    TyraAnn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Did that taste as disgusting as it sounds?

Sounds good to me, haha.

Lol- good one- what we do in desperation- I've taken to eating popcorn with maple syrup as I try not to have stuff in the house I know I don't need
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Move4Abs wrote: »
    Pregnant...feeling sad/blah...the fix? Pop-Tarts. This is one of my few binges and man...it was a binge. 4 poptarts...30 mins....delicious. Donating the rest to the office. Did you know those suckers have 200 cals/37 g of carbs EACH?!?!? I just inhaled 800 cals and obliterated my daily carb goal. Why the hell do they come in a pack of TWO?!?!? All said, feeling better....may need more sleep :)

It really is cruel. They package something together and you find out it's multiple servings. Like anyone is just going to eat one! Wait, when my cousins were younger they would eat ONE poptart for breakfast and be full. I thought they were really weird. And I wanted the extra poptart
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I don't understand how you can all order dresses online.

The dress in my picture was taken in the Macy's dressing room. I didn't buy it that day, but then went home and decided I loved how it looked on me and ordered the exact same dress in the exact same size. When I put it on this morning, it was about 6-8" shorter than the one I tried on in the store. I'm too old to wear a dress that short to work! Aargh!!

Pic in the store on the left, same exact dress ordered online on the right. Aargh!!

image.jpg

(My first MFP picture attempt)
    Edited to say: Please disregard my husband's running clothes that he left laying on the floor. LOL
    You look great, but I can see that the dress on the right looks like a different cut - the neckline seems higher as well as the hem being shorter. That's disappointing. Can you return it? You have great legs and it's a great 'going out' dress, but I can understand about not wanting to wear a short dress to work.

Aw, thanks. It came from Macy's, so I'm going to check and see if they still have them this weekend. Otherwise, I'll just keep the shorter one and not wear it to work. :)

@quicksilver72 I'm 41. I like to think I can still wear a short dress, but I don't want anybody to think I'm trying to dress younger than my years. Ha!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Just to throw this out there, I've actually dropped 2 pant sizes! I'm now able to COMFORTABLY fit into a 14, when I've been a 16-17 since having my kid....nearly 3 years ago..

I've been stalking Pinterest looking at work outfits because I want to be able to rock some new ones by January, dammit!

Oh, kiddo's birthday party is next Saturday, (all the foods will be eaten that day) and we're heading to the beach that Sunday for her birthday trip. I'm not sure if I'm ready to venture out swimsuit shopping, even though I need a new one....

Woo Hoo!!!
    Well, thank you! :smile:
    I really want to lose this weight by January so one of my coworkers will stop talking about it. The words "you'd be a pretty girl if you'd lose some of that weight" were spoken and they've stuck with me ever since.....

Congrats on your weight loss. But unfortunately I don't think it will matter how much weight you lose, your co-worker will still be rude!
    Yeah, she's very outspoken and opinionated. Hopefully I can at least take the weight comments out of the equation lol. And thanks! :smile:
    I'm currently drinking a $5 cup of coffee, I love Starbucks but oh my god it's pricey (at least for me lol)!

It really is. I was going to Second Cup (Canadian coffee shop) and getting tea lattes, they are over$5. Now I go to Tim Horton's and get a delicious tea for under $2. Less money and way less calories, so I feel less guilty about stopping a couple times a week.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Guys. We're almost to 600 pages. We've been at this for 3.5 months.

How does time go so fast?! It's frightening!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Just to throw this out there, I've actually dropped 2 pant sizes! I'm now able to COMFORTABLY fit into a 14, when I've been a 16-17 since having my kid....nearly 3 years ago..

I've been stalking Pinterest looking at work outfits because I want to be able to rock some new ones by January, dammit!

Oh, kiddo's birthday party is next Saturday, (all the foods will be eaten that day) and we're heading to the beach that Sunday for her birthday trip. I'm not sure if I'm ready to venture out swimsuit shopping, even though I need a new one....

Woo Hoo!!!
    I really want to lose this weight by January so one of my coworkers will stop talking about it. The words "you'd be a pretty girl if you'd lose some of that weight" were spoken and they've stuck with me ever since.....

Congrats on your weight loss. But unfortunately I don't think it will matter how much weight you lose, your co-worker will still be rude!
    Yeah, she's very outspoken and opinionated. Hopefully I can at least take the weight comments out of the equation lol. And thanks! :smile:
    I'm currently drinking a $5 cup of coffee, I love Starbucks but oh my god it's pricey (at least for me lol)!

It really is. I was going to Second Cup (Canadian coffee shop) and getting tea lattes, they are over$5. Now I go to Tim Horton's and get a delicious tea for under $2. Less money and way less calories, so I feel less guilty about stopping a couple times a week.
    I am astonished that coffee places can charge as much as they do for basically hot water. Even $2 is too much, in my opinion. *waving old lady stick!*
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Woo Hoo!!!

Confession: I sometimes resent Canada for my lack of nearby Tim Horton's establishments.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    I've mentioned in this thread before that I suffer from anxiety. Well, it's usually bad to the point that I can't leave the house alone. So, today I have a two-step confession; one is AWESOME, and one is.... You be the judge.

The Good: I left the house ALL BY MYSELF and walked 20 minutes to the grocery store and back, picked up the stuff I wanted, went through the check-out, and did it all without panicking! <--- So proud!

The erm... Not So Good: I did ALL that just to buy ingredients to bake cookies... Which I didn't have the calories for. Oops?

That is awesome! Good for you! How about you make the cookies and then get yourself right back outside and give them away? Admittedly, that would be out of my comfort zone, but just thought I'd toss that idea out there seeing as how you were being "adventurous"!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Confession
    I ruin songs for my teenage daughter. I sign along in a nasal voice when I feel the song is whiny. I ask too many questions about the meaning of the song or point out how sexist (or whatever it may be) the lyrics are of a particular song. I know he is talented but I change the station when I hear one popular Grammy winning singer whining about someone not being faithful. I don't mean to ruin songs for my daughter, it just happens when I point out something she stops liking the song.

For example the GDFR song that sounds like it has an oboe in it. Then it does not quite sound like and oboe but a sax. Then I go back and forth pondering what musical instrument is making that sound. It drives her nuts. But, we have a lot of similar musical tastes so when she broke her ipod and I gave her mine she didn't complain. :)

Then I think about songs I like and I could be called hypocritical. My kids knew the lyrics and sang along to Violent Femmes Blister in the Sun (for example, there are others) in early elementary school.

Confession #2
    In general I don't like violent movies but I find Grosse Point Blank hilarious.

I would be mad if you talked to me during GDFR! I love that song!!! It always gets me pumped for work. :smiley:

So....what is it? An oboe or a sax? I can't decide which I think it is. Sometimes it is very oboe-y and other times it is more sax-y. :wink:

From Wikipedia:

The song uses instrumental samples from Lookas' remix of "Low Rider" by War, namely in its hook. Despite many people's beliefs, this song was not played with an oboe. Instead, the song was made with a saxophone.[3] Flo Rida has stated that he shortened the title to GDFR to remind the listener of graffiti.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Saaay, how 'bout our local sports team..?

You think that won't get judgmental or contentious?! ;-)

My confession: I was supposed to go to the dentist for a cleaning yesterday, but lied and claimed a conflict had come up when my dentist called to confirm/make sure I was willing to see a different person than I normally do, since I think they had doublebooked. The call gave me the idea, so I was like "oh, I don't mind, hmm, but if it's more convenient for you I can change." She said: "oh, no, let's keep it, we don't have any appointments available 'til August." I all of a sudden found myself saying "but tomorrow will be really stressful as it happens, I have a conflict that came up, August is okay," and so I moved it.

I was originally supposed to go in January but did basically the same thing.

I have stupid dentist fear (in part due to a terrible childhood dentist) that I need to get over already.

When you figure out how to do that, please let me know. I'm TERRIFIED of going to the dentist. I know I have cavities and I don't want him to hurt me by drilling and filling them.

I had two cavities filled last month and honest to God, it doesn't hurt. The worst part is just keeping your mouth open the whole time. I still hate the dentist, but it's not anything like it used to be. Please go.

I know I'm making it way worse in my head than it actually will be, I'm sure. I have insurance and I need to use it.

I haven't be to the gyno for several years either. I'm talking more than 10 probably. I am thinking of going before my vacation in June/July just so I can get on BC so I won't have my period while down there.

I sure have my priorities in line, don't I?!

If that's the case, GO NOW! The last two times I stopped taking BC and then restarted, I spotted on and off for the entire first month back on the pill. You want to get that out of the way before your vacation.

Excellent point. I will make the appointment next week. See, this is why I love this thread. You all keep me safe from myself.

• jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Woo Hoo!!!

I don't understand. How can a person say something like that? I just don't get it. Do people have no filter at all?

I was going up for an early promotion 6 months after I had my first son. My boss had to write a package of all the good things I've done and it would be compared to a few others and one would get the early promotion. I had to make sure I didn't get into trouble and I made a good score on my PT test as well.

I ended up not getting it and my boss told me, "It's good you didn't get it, because if people saw you up there receiving it, they might think you couldn't pass a PT test." Just by looking at me.

Highly inappropriate! So judgmental and stereotypical, right? Love the new profile pic, though!

Yeah. I liked him and I still like him as a boss, but that had always haunted me. I cried about it afterwards.

Thank you! I forgot my spoon that day and had to eat my yogurt with a banana. :)

I've tried to eat my yogurt with the foil wrapper from the top of the yogurt before. Not very successful!

I've been there before too!!!
  • ShibaEars
    Options

Woo Hoo!!!

I am astonished that coffee places can charge as much as they do for basically hot water. Even $2 is too much, in my opinion. *waving old lady stick!*

It's a steeped tea, made with whole leaf tea, so I'll buy it. However I refuse to just buy "regular" tea there, because they charge you $1 and they don't even put the tea bag in the cup!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Could someone on here post an explanation of how I get an image in here? Preferably a picture and through the app? I'll start there. Thanks!
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)

I don't like cilantro either which is why I get plain rice for my order.

I thought I was the ONLY one that did this. I hate cilantro and I think it tastes like feet. I don't want my food to taste like feet.

I must confess I have never tasted feet so can't compare but I do like cilantro...

When someone asks me how I know what feet taste like, I just simply respond, "Cilantro. They taste like cilantro."

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

Woo Hoo!!!

I have started buying bags of favorite coffee and making a pot at work instead of buying one cup at the establishment. For the cost of about 2 cups, I can make over a week's worth of coffee for everybody.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    I will confess that some days I will eat terrible things like double chocolate doughnuts for lunch and wait till dinner to eat a proper meal. it keeps my calories normal but I know the sugar/ fat etc will be sky high - and I confess I pay NO attention to any other nutritional values save for the calorie count.

I confess I also don't wash my gym kit for the whole week (sports bra, shorts and tshirt).

Love, love, LOVE the color of your hair! That is amazing.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself on Wednesday to take "before" pics because I'm committing to doing core work to help my abdominal fat come off eventually (not trying to spot-reduce, just strengthening). I weighed in again today because my family is going to get Mexican food for dinner for belated Mother's Day and I know it's a calorie/sodium bomb. I'm so happy to log today's weight. Bouncing back from my lower back injury (didn't gain that much and I wasn't worried about it coming back off) with increased calories. :) Win-win.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how you can all order dresses online.

The dress in my picture was taken in the Macy's dressing room. I didn't buy it that day, but then went home and decided I loved how it looked on me and ordered the exact same dress in the exact same size. When I put it on this morning, it was about 6-8" shorter than the one I tried on in the store. I'm too old to wear a dress that short to work! Aargh!!
    Same. I get nervous just buying something without trying it on at the stores.