Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I confess I love trying to figure out if people are female or male on this thread. When the avatar is ambiguous I tend to think male (Unless it's a cat then I think female) until I figure it out from their posts.

99% of the time they are female. We need more guys on here!

Hopefully my toothpick is unambiguous. Bad enough on me, I'd hate to be a male with that arm.

I gotta ask: Did you think male or female for the alpaca?
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't know why you all gotta hate on @tincanonastring like that.

(I am, of course, absolutely kidding. Hoping the alert gets him to come back - we miss you Mr. Onastring!)
    Wow, I confess that I'm a retard. I've always been reading it like Tin Canon A String, not Tin Can On a String.

What an Idiot. I'm gonna go put my head in a hole now.

Well, let's make it a party... 'cause I initially race-read "CountessKitteh" as "CountessKeith" -- which immediately brought to mind the ongoing discussion about 'gender reveal parties' (!).

< looking for the nearest rock to crawl under... >
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My confession is that for me a meal is not complete if I don't have two sides. It doesn't matter if it's one side of carrots and one side of peas... but just one side of mixed peas and carrots doesn't cut it.

Just typing this I realize that I have more issues than I thought.

And I just got an ad show up on Facebook for yoga pants... Really?
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Confession: Today in Walmart there was a lady in front of me, and the one thought that came to mind was, "She could really use some strength training!" I think MFP is the best addiction I've ever had.
  • TheSkyis
    TheSkyis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    I ate over half a carton of ice cream in one sitting last week

I ate a whole carton of ice cream (2 sittings) but it said no sugar added so it must have been good for me!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Unfortunately, he does not churn our butter. He works 60+ hours a week and still helps around the house including most of the cooking. I'm not going to fuss about his inability or non-interest in churning our butter.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

Making butter is super easy and doesn't take long at all. It also tastes AMAZING.

Get a pint jar and fill it halfway with heavy cream. Put a lid on the jar. Shake it all about while you do other things until solids form. Open and stir a bit. Drain liquid (save if you want buttermilk) and add a little salt. Stir or shake a bit more until you have the consistency you want.

So good. It's been a while since I've done that, but if I remember correctly, it's about 10 or 15 minutes of shaking.

I am about a day behind in this thread but this is so interesting! I assume if you put some salt in the solids then it would turn to salted butter? How much butter does one pint of cream make?
  • TheSkyis
    TheSkyis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

My boyfriend bought the largest tub of peanut butter you can buy at SAMs. I asked him to hide it somewhere good because I'd eat it straight with nothing but a spoon. He hid it in the air vent where the air filter goes and I still found it when he wasn't home. Not my proudest moment, but I was a little proud of myself for finding it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    My confession: Yesterday, on top of my regular meals, I ate:

Two Quest bars (Lemon Cream Pie and Coconut Cashew)
    Heath bar
    Gardetto's
    P'Nuttles
    Easter chocolates - about 6
    Big bowl of ice cream - Sam's Choice Coffee and Doughnuts
    Cadbury mini eggs - about 20

And I skipped out of going to the gym. I don't know what was up, but I ate until I was sick and then kept eating. It was disastrous. All I can do is pick myself up, dust myself off, and do better today. :(

Today I confess I ate the following:

Sam's Choice White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake ice cream & it was so not worth the calories. I should've bought the Coffee & Donuts instead. The best part about that ice cream is the glaze *yum, drooling*
    3 Cotton Candy Oreos! OMG! THESE ARE FREAKING AMAZING! You can only get these at Target.
    Wow Baking Company Lemon Cookie (gluten free for those who might be interested in a gluten free snack)
    Two M&M Mini packages
    &
    2 Peanut Butter Poptarts & they were pretty amazing too.

I bought around 5-6 boxes of Poptarts after reading the Poptart creation post.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Big bowl of ice cream - Sam's Choice Coffee and Doughnuts

What is this?! If this is doughnut pieces in coffee ice cream I'm going to have to leave work right now.

The glaze is even better! I sometimes have to dig in the ice cream for more glaze.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I don't like bacon.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    mlyn627 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Today is one of those days when I'm so much over I'm not even logging what I'm eating anymore and just adding quick calories because nobody needs to know that I had two bowls of ice cream tonight.
    Those days are so frustrating... at least you use quick calories. I just stop logging when I am that far gone. Sometimes, the next day after, I will go back in and log it just to see how bad I did because by then the damage is done. I feel better knowing that I am not the only one that this happens to. Sometimes I get frustrated when I see success stories where people post that they lost 20lbs in 2 months. It is taking me so much longer. *sigh* but I am getting there.

I do the same thing! I just added my calories from last night. I am a slow looser, but it's working for me.

Just think losing slowly will ensure you stay on track after the weight loss & you will retain more muscle mass.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I tried the cookie butter tonight on shortcake cookies.....it was ok, but not as great as I was hoping.....

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Did that taste as disgusting as it sounds?

Lol sadly no, it seemed to do the trick, but I FELT disgusting afterwards. Though it's kind of funny now.

Mix on serving of cottage cheese with some Hershey cocoa powder and some sweetener (splenda, stevia, sweet N low etc.) Stevia is my sweetener of choice. Mix those together and BOOM. Delicious chocolaty treat packed with protein and low in calories

Just don't mix Chocolate PB2 with the cottage cheese! I think that's one creation I've made since losing weight that I literally had to force myself not to waste & throw away. Disgusting.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    rdhdscorp wrote: »
    I must confess that sometimes when I have a few drinks on the weekend I just don't log it. I know it counts but I don't want to see it...lol

You are not the only one!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who left me study tips. I will use them!
  • marissafit06
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I also dislike baby showers. Where you all sit there and ohh and ahh over clothes that will just be puked on anyhow. :/
    ps I have no kids, shocker right? :smiley:

Next time try paying more attention to the politics behind it, you'll have more fun. The baby shower isn't about the baby, so much as it's a competition between grandmothers to see who can outdo the other. Bonus if you have a competitive aunt-to-be or two in the mix. Who spent the most, who got the best reaction to their gift, who didn't show/left early/got there late. If the grandma's don't like each other, or one or both doesn't like the other one's kid, you can play passive-aggressive comment bingo. If there are step-grandma's involved, it may be even more entertaining, especially if the step-grandma is the more responsible or involved than the bio grandma.

Lol!

I never had a baby shower. I guess to be fair, we adopted our twins, and we had no match or anything and pretty much got a call saying 'congratulations, you have twins'. So my husband's coworkers gave us $100 and my brother in law gave us a couple clothes. I had no friends to throw a shower anyway, but still, I did feel a bit cheated from the experience (don't get me wrong, I actually don't really like the idea of baby showers and the silly games but it's the principle of the thing).

And while we were waiting for a match and I was starting to buy things when I found a good deal, the only comment we got was 'are you not getting ahead of yourselves?'. I mean yeah, we waited 2 years, but it was nice to have the stuff ready (even though it turned out it would have been easier to wait as I had a useless single stroller and had to buy another crib anyway). But the whole 'welcoming the baby' thing was pretty much robbed from us.

Cliff notes - I might be jealous of women who get a baby shower.

This is how I feel about not having had a wedding. I didn't have a beautiful wedding dress, no flower girl, ring bearer, bridesmaids, no groom in a tux, and saddest of all...NO CAKE!!! My husband was going to try and put together a renewal ceremony for our 15th (June 30th of this year) but I just don't think there's going to time. And now that we're going to be grandparents, I can't really justify spending that money on those things.

Edited to add: I just really want to eat cake and wear a pretty dress.

YUP!!!! Those were my favorite parts. Food + dress = heaven
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    I tried the cookie butter tonight on shortcake cookies.....it was ok, but not as great as I was hoping.....

Give it time. It will grow on you. My initial reaction was "what's all the fuss about?". Although I mostly eat it straight from the jar with a spoon.

Which reminds me... I have some PC Decadent chocolate cookie butter in the cupboard.
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »
    My confession today is that I chew the skin around my nails on my fingers, when I'm not chewing them I pick them. It looks gross and it hurts but I can't stop doing it. I'm nearly 33 and have been doing it since I was about 11. Every now and again I stop it but then I always start up again. Nasty habit! :(

I do this too. My fingers look a mess, but I haven't been able to stop. I don't bite my nails as much as I used to, but I still pick at the skin. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember and it gets worse if I'm anxious or stressed. I'm embarrassed to let people see my hands.

And it doesn't help that I live in a dry climate so my skin is always rough (I try to use lotion, but it's not enough).

i peel layers of skin off of the bottoms of my feet and heels. sometimes i rip off too much, hit raw flesh then end up with a slight limp for a few days while it heals....

I did the peely foot skin thing once, ended up with way more than a slight limp for 3 days - it was weeks before it stopped hurting but then I am a big wuss :)

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I confess I love trying to figure out if people are female or male on this thread. When the avatar is ambiguous I tend to think male (Unless it's a cat then I think female) until I figure it out from their posts.

99% of the time they are female. We need more guys on here!

Hopefully my toothpick is unambiguous. Bad enough on me, I'd hate to be a male with that arm.

I gotta ask: Did you think male or female for the alpaca?

The alpaca was totally female. And I kind of miss it!
  • marissafit06
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I also dislike baby showers. Where you all sit there and ohh and ahh over clothes that will just be puked on anyhow. :/
    ps I have no kids, shocker right? :smiley:

Next time try paying more attention to the politics behind it, you'll have more fun. The baby shower isn't about the baby, so much as it's a competition between grandmothers to see who can outdo the other. Bonus if you have a competitive aunt-to-be or two in the mix. Who spent the most, who got the best reaction to their gift, who didn't show/left early/got there late. If the grandma's don't like each other, or one or both doesn't like the other one's kid, you can play passive-aggressive comment bingo. If there are step-grandma's involved, it may be even more entertaining, especially if the step-grandma is the more responsible or involved than the bio grandma.

Lol!

I never had a baby shower. I guess to be fair, we adopted our twins, and we had no match or anything and pretty much got a call saying 'congratulations, you have twins'. So my husband's coworkers gave us $100 and my brother in law gave us a couple clothes. I had no friends to throw a shower anyway, but still, I did feel a bit cheated from the experience (don't get me wrong, I actually don't really like the idea of baby showers and the silly games but it's the principle of the thing).

And while we were waiting for a match and I was starting to buy things when I found a good deal, the only comment we got was 'are you not getting ahead of yourselves?'. I mean yeah, we waited 2 years, but it was nice to have the stuff ready (even though it turned out it would have been easier to wait as I had a useless single stroller and had to buy another crib anyway). But the whole 'welcoming the baby' thing was pretty much robbed from us.

Cliff notes - I might be jealous of women who get a baby shower.

This is how I feel about not having had a wedding. I didn't have a beautiful wedding dress, no flower girl, ring bearer, bridesmaids, no groom in a tux, and saddest of all...NO CAKE!!! My husband was going to try and put together a renewal ceremony for our 15th (June 30th of this year) but I just don't think there's going to time. And now that we're going to be grandparents, I can't really justify spending that money on those things.

Edited to add: I just really want to eat cake and wear a pretty dress.

Do it. I always wanted a wedding dress. Always said the rest of the party could wear shorts and party on the beach (my plan was to rent a house and get married on the beach and just throw an amazing casual party) but I wanted an amazing dress. I used to spend hours pouring over wedding magazines.

I never got married so never got the dress. Do it. Your kids can be responsible for their child. Don't spend your life wishing you had done it.

The horses speak the truth. Listen to them. LOL.