Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I will only eat food that has the calories printed on the packaging, so that I can log as accurately as humanly possible... I am terrified of getting it wrong...! :blush:

This thread kept me occupied up until dinner time, thank you! :smiley:

Not to freak you out, but the weight can be wrong even with the info printed on the package. I weighed a packet of Quaker Oats once, just to see, and it was off by a noticeable margin.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I also dislike baby showers. Where you all sit there and ohh and ahh over clothes that will just be puked on anyhow. :/
    ps I have no kids, shocker right? :smiley:

Next time try paying more attention to the politics behind it, you'll have more fun. The baby shower isn't about the baby, so much as it's a competition between grandmothers to see who can outdo the other. Bonus if you have a competitive aunt-to-be or two in the mix. Who spent the most, who got the best reaction to their gift, who didn't show/left early/got there late. If the grandma's don't like each other, or one or both doesn't like the other one's kid, you can play passive-aggressive comment bingo. If there are step-grandma's involved, it may be even more entertaining, especially if the step-grandma is the more responsible or involved than the bio grandma.

Lol!

I never had a baby shower. I guess to be fair, we adopted our twins, and we had no match or anything and pretty much got a call saying 'congratulations, you have twins'. So my husband's coworkers gave us $100 and my brother in law gave us a couple clothes. I had no friends to throw a shower anyway, but still, I did feel a bit cheated from the experience (don't get me wrong, I actually don't really like the idea of baby showers and the silly games but it's the principle of the thing).

And while we were waiting for a match and I was starting to buy things when I found a good deal, the only comment we got was 'are you not getting ahead of yourselves?'. I mean yeah, we waited 2 years, but it was nice to have the stuff ready (even though it turned out it would have been easier to wait as I had a useless single stroller and had to buy another crib anyway). But the whole 'welcoming the baby' thing was pretty much robbed from us.

Cliff notes - I might be jealous of women who get a baby shower.

This is how I feel about not having had a wedding. I didn't have a beautiful wedding dress, no flower girl, ring bearer, bridesmaids, no groom in a tux, and saddest of all...NO CAKE!!! My husband was going to try and put together a renewal ceremony for our 15th (June 30th of this year) but I just don't think there's going to time. And now that we're going to be grandparents, I can't really justify spending that money on those things.

Edited to add: I just really want to eat cake and wear a pretty dress.

Congrats on your 15th!!! My husband and I hit 15 years this June as well, though on the 10th.

Congratulations as well! I can't believe we've been together that long and other times it seems a lot longer.

I can without hesitation, say that my husband is my best friend. I thank God every day for him because I know I'm wretched and don't deserve such an awesome man. But then he stinks up the house, or leaves his clothes in the dryer for 3 days or doesn't rinse our his glass, and I think, "We may be more equal than I thought."

Honestly, these are pretty much the worse things I can complain about. He truly is a wonderful, wonderful man!

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I also dislike baby showers. Where you all sit there and ohh and ahh over clothes that will just be puked on anyhow. :/

Next time try paying more attention to the politics behind it, you'll have more fun. The baby shower isn't about the baby, so much as it's a competition between grandmothers to see who can outdo the other. Bonus if you have a competitive aunt-to-be or two in the mix. Who spent the most, who got the best reaction to their gift, who didn't show/left early/got there late. If the grandma's don't like each other, or one or both doesn't like the other one's kid, you can play passive-aggressive comment bingo. If there are step-grandma's involved, it may be even more entertaining, especially if the step-grandma is the more responsible or involved than the bio grandma.

Oh, yes, you are so right! I AM the step-grandma and I'm by choice the LEAST involved. The other 2 grandmas are in constant competition. I find it highly amusing. At my step-daugther's baby shower for her 2nd baby I gave her three free professional house-cleaning sessions. Needless to say, I WON that shower! I got the best reaction from that gift and I took a smug satisfaction in it. (big confession there because I'm not normally like that; lots of issues and family dynamics involved)

Baby showers for second babies are a huge pet peeve of mine
    I have several friends that have had one, I have never attended a single one

Feel like I have to defend myself here, and I don't even know why. I had a shower for my second, my kids are almost six years apart first one is a boy and the second is a girl. I had given most of our baby stuff away to friends, and I needed supplies. My friends offered and I wasn't going to say no.

You don't have to defend yourself. I chose not to do one this time because I have a lot of kids ( and I kept a lot of stuff) plus I'm pretty old so all my friends have stopped having kids and gave me all their old baby stuff. But if your friends offered and you want to do it then just ignore people with ridiculous opinions. I hope you had fun!

It's not an opinion, it is a basic social rule in the United States. Showers are meant to welcome a woman to motherhood, not to be an infinite gift-grab for someone who doesn't want to fund their own baby supplies. For subsequent babies, people will give gifts if they want to, but trying to create a social obligation for that to happen is very tacky.

Look it up in any etiquette book.

What she said lol

seriously though, that is spot on

Except it's not.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    hschnirel wrote: »
    I can eat an entire Box of cereal so I can't have cereal in the house! Not proud of that at all, self control where are u?

@hschnirel I can relate! I can't and usually don't keep the sugary yummy cereals in the house. The most risque one I have now is Honey Nut Cheerios AND that I could put a world of hurtin' on... lol

Marshmallow Fruit Loops. I can eat a box of those in a day.... Mmmmmmm

I was not aware those existed. Maybe it's good I didn't know. @quiksylver296 what have you done?!

Think Fruit Loops with lucky Charms marshmallows added....OH YEAH!

Why do you hate me and want me to be fat?!

Whatever, pie girl! What was that you posted yesterday?!?
  • MoHousdon
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I can eat an entire Box of cereal so I can't have cereal in the house! Not proud of that at all, self control where are u?

@hschnirel I can relate! I can't and usually don't keep the sugary yummy cereals in the house. The most risque one I have now is Honey Nut Cheerios AND that I could put a world of hurtin' on... lol

I was not aware those existed. Maybe it's good I didn't know. @quiksylver296 what have you done?!

Point taken.

ETA: It was so good. I warmed it up in the microwave and enjoyed every delicious 400 calorie bite!
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Gender reveal parties are also awkward for me. I went to one for cousin and his wife last year and I was so bored because a lot of their friends were there and I didn't know anyone. lol Plus, I'm 24 and they're in their 30s with kids and careers, so we had basically nothing in common.

I was so mad when my aunt posted a picture to Facebook of my cousin revealing the pink cupcake for a girl with me in the background at the party looking pissed off. It's like, "You couldn't have cropped me out??" lol I hate that picture so much.

This thread introduced me to the gender reveal party. I had never heard of that before.
    When I had my kids, I wanted to be surprised.

Yes! I had my "gender reveal parties" in my hospital, on the phone. My people found out the genders after the baby was born, because I waited until then as well.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    tiona83 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    tiona83 wrote: »
    I feel like a loser because I don't ever really have any GOOD confessions for this oh, so worthy thread, but here goes.

Confession 1: I packed an awesome lunch today and wanted to devour it before 11 this morning. I don't take lunch until 1. I managed to make it until noon, but now I'm sad because my food is over. I often get sad when my food is over.

Confession 2: I totally had Dr. Pepper last night with my Auntie Anne's pretzel bites and didn't log it. Oops. >:)

My youngest (8) has a bad habit of taking bites out of her lunch why she packs it. The school policy is no junk food (crisps/chips, chocolate, cookies/biscuits) so it's not like it's something sweet. Came down stairs yesterday and she had half her sandwich gone. This was after her breakfast.

Errrrr, what?! How is that even enforced and why? I'm all for encouraging healthy habits, but this seems a bit extreme.

I don't have kids but it bothers me that schools try to dictate what parents can and can't feed their children. I get the "peanut free" for allergies, but if someone wants to include a few chips in their child's lunch, they should be able to do that.

Actually the no nut bothers me more. Because it is not like my child is going to force feed her Peanut butter sandwich to someone else. Sorry just a rant. My child was picky and peanut butter was her thing. And no the child only had allergies if she ate nuts not contact. When they get to secondary school policies change and most kids leave campus for lunch.

I understand the inconvenience of peanut bans, but when my son had a reaction to peanuts, it was terrifying. Young kids with allergies are not always able to protect themselves from cross-contamination. No one is force feeding, but imagine that your kids friend has a pb&j, then plays patty cake with your child, triggering an allergic reaction.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Oh, yes, you are so right! I AM the step-grandma and I'm by choice the LEAST involved. The other 2 grandmas are in constant competition. I find it highly amusing. At my step-daugther's baby shower for her 2nd baby I gave her three free professional house-cleaning sessions. Needless to say, I WON that shower! I got the best reaction from that gift and I took a smug satisfaction in it. (big confession there because I'm not normally like that; lots of issues and family dynamics involved)

Baby showers for second babies are a huge pet peeve of mine
    I have several friends that have had one, I have never attended a single one

Feel like I have to defend myself here, and I don't even know why. I had a shower for my second, my kids are almost six years apart first one is a boy and the second is a girl. I had given most of our baby stuff away to friends, and I needed supplies. My friends offered and I wasn't going to say no.

You don't have to defend yourself. I chose not to do one this time because I have a lot of kids ( and I kept a lot of stuff) plus I'm pretty old so all my friends have stopped having kids and gave me all their old baby stuff. But if your friends offered and you want to do it then just ignore people with ridiculous opinions. I hope you had fun!

It's not an opinion, it is a basic social rule in the United States. Showers are meant to welcome a woman to motherhood, not to be an infinite gift-grab for someone who doesn't want to fund their own baby supplies. For subsequent babies, people will give gifts if they want to, but trying to create a social obligation for that to happen is very tacky.

Look it up in any etiquette book.

What she said lol

seriously though, that is spot on

Except it's not.

Well this is where personal freedoms come in
    Some people will have them, and I will let them know I will not be attending......
  • LaceyVskmp1980
    LaceyVskmp1980 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I keep a stash of chocolate in my office...and in my bedroom, and hidden in my closet. I've been good lately, but it's there, just in case.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    My husbands birthday is Sunday so last night, my daughter and I went to the mall to buy him a pair of Oakley Batwolf sunglasses that he wanted. I spent over $200 on these bad boys and today found them on Amazon for considerably less. I'm a little miffed about this, but he's worth it, so I will just let it go.

Dang it! Now I have that stupid song stuck in my head.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    My husbands birthday is Sunday so last night, my daughter and I went to the mall to buy him a pair of Oakley Batwolf sunglasses that he wanted. I spent over $200 on these bad boys and today found them on Amazon for considerably less. I'm a little miffed about this, but he's worth it, so I will just let it go.

Dang it! Now I have that stupid song stuck in my head.

I've got burned by that in the past. I have the Amazon app on my phone. It even has a bar code scanner that works for most stuff. I scan a ton of stuff on the app and check the price before buying.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I don't think the baby shower thing is nearly as popular in the UK... I've never been to one, or known a family member/friend to have one. Thank god, I'm really not a fan of babies. A vague relation had one recently and relatives asked me if it made me broody. A whole world of no! I think I'm actually a bit phobic of pregnancy, not in other people but the thought of having something growing inside me makes me feel very very uncomfortable.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

LH85DC wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    The only way I could get my first dog to take pills was to break them into smaller pieces and mix them in crunchy peanut butter. She LOVED peanut butter and couldn't separate the peanut chunks from the pill so it all went down :smiley:

Peanut butter is my solution for the dog as well! Once you get it onto his tongue he can't spit it back out even if he wants too. I recently had to give our cat pills for a couple of days because he had a gnarly ear infection - our vet suggested covering them in cream cheese, and the cat LOVED it. Now he begs for cream cheese whenever the refrigerator is open.

This is fantastic info. I always suck at giving my cats pills. I will try this next time!
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I logged in today because I need to confess a terrible binge last night--I'm still feeling sick! I need to get it off my chest so I can move on.....I had two single serve bags of lays chips dipped in about 1/2 a small container of sour cream, several servings of kettle corn (I don't know how much because I ate out of the bag and finished it), brown rice with cheese melted all over it (this was supposed to be the dinner part of the evening), a slice of cherry pie and a gin and tonic. Ugh.....my stomach still hurts and I'm hating myself too.....

Thank you all for listening--hopefully, now I can let go and move on!

Today is a fresh new day. Don't hate yourself! It happens.

Thank you! :smile:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    youtube.com/watch?t=106&v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

...have I mentioned that I'm a 45 years old?

Can't play it, what is it and should I be excited as well? :)

+1 I'm curious to what this is!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

I have to admit I will never understand the Star Wars craze.

What is this craze you speak of? I don't think you're using the right word. Culture. Star Wars Culture is what you mean.

Agreed. Love Star Wars.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Lol!

I never had a baby shower. I guess to be fair, we adopted our twins, and we had no match or anything and pretty much got a call saying 'congratulations, you have twins'. So my husband's coworkers gave us $100 and my brother in law gave us a couple clothes. I had no friends to throw a shower anyway, but still, I did feel a bit cheated from the experience (don't get me wrong, I actually don't really like the idea of baby showers and the silly games but it's the principle of the thing).

And while we were waiting for a match and I was starting to buy things when I found a good deal, the only comment we got was 'are you not getting ahead of yourselves?'. I mean yeah, we waited 2 years, but it was nice to have the stuff ready (even though it turned out it would have been easier to wait as I had a useless single stroller and had to buy another crib anyway). But the whole 'welcoming the baby' thing was pretty much robbed from us.

Cliff notes - I might be jealous of women who get a baby shower.

This is how I feel about not having had a wedding. I didn't have a beautiful wedding dress, no flower girl, ring bearer, bridesmaids, no groom in a tux, and saddest of all...NO CAKE!!! My husband was going to try and put together a renewal ceremony for our 15th (June 30th of this year) but I just don't think there's going to time. And now that we're going to be grandparents, I can't really justify spending that money on those things.

Edited to add: I just really want to eat cake and wear a pretty dress.

Do it. I always wanted a wedding dress. Always said the rest of the party could wear shorts and party on the beach (my plan was to rent a house and get married on the beach and just throw an amazing casual party) but I wanted an amazing dress. I used to spend hours pouring over wedding magazines.

I never got married so never got the dress. Do it. Your kids can be responsible for their child. Don't spend your life wishing you had done it.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I hate when my mom keeps talking about, "I can't wait for summer so it gets hot at work. I just sweat and drink water, so I'll lose weight."

She just refuses to lose weight in healthier ways like eating better or paying attention to how much she eats and exercising. She always wants to take short cuts. It annoys me. I'm not saying she has to use a scale or an app like I do, but barely eating before work and then stuffing your face when you get home is not going to give you any kind of lasting results.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I got a haircut today, and the stylist asked me if I was a runner (I had mentioned my legs were sore). I have admit, it made me feel kind of emotional. A few months ago, I was seriously out of shape and 25lbs heavier. To think that someone could look at me and not think "stay at home mom, let herself go" was a huge deal to me.

I'm not very touchy-feely, but I wanted to give that lady a hug.

Yay you!
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

...akin to the blocking-an-accident-from-view portable screens used in some locales, to prevent drivers from having anything to gawk at, I wish that posts like these were 'shielded' from my view, to prevent the 'torture' that accompanies such ;) (and the irony of *my* conveying such a thing is not lost on me, as I'm aware that this same type of 'shielding' would likely be desired by others, when it comes to 'any and all' of my posts (albeit for a different reason))...

..Lucky Charms marshmallow-laden Fruit Loops?! -- where were these when I was growing up?! -- this would have been pure heaven! (From this day forth, I shall think of this as "Utopia Cereal"... ;) ) (When it came to my eating Lucky Charms cereal, it seemed as though I 'tolerated' the non-marshmallow aspects (to an extent, it seemed like contents of a non-alphabetic version of Alpha Bits cereal had 'shown up', uninvited, to the tiny 'marshmallow convention' happening in a box of Lucky Charms)... Fruit Loops, on the other hand, was a cereal that was 'pure gold'... I relished every one of those fruity loops, as well as 'how' they flavored the remaining milk...)

...and fried pies?! -- (be still, my heart...) I recall the day when I first learned of said genius concept (courtesy of an overheard-while-on-in-the-background broadcast of a Food Network show, when in a sibling's home... and despite being mid-conversation with said sibling, my ears somehow 'zoomed right in on' those fateful words being uttered in the background (deep, fry, & pie) -- and you'd have thought that a sudden 'Emergency Broadcast System'-like alert had just been 'sounded off', given how Exorcist-like my head 'spun around')... (...pies 'taking a bath in' a fryer... omg... (life will never been the same))... ;)
  • rdhdscorp
    rdhdscorp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I must confess that sometimes when I have a few drinks on the weekend I just don't log it. I know it counts but I don't want to see it...lol