Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Here. I made brownies. Let's all get along...and eat brownies....with ice cold milk....MMMMMmmmmmmm!

images_zpslfm3hdwm.jpg

in for brownies. And ice cream?

We could make brownie sundaes.... (They need a drooling emoji)
    That settles it I'm getting Dairy Queen tonight! Thanks everyone!
    I had myself a cotton candy Blizzard today. :yum:

With any luck I'll be having one of those within the next couple of days... heading to the US tomorrow.

Hurray for America! Haha

Hurray for a greater variety of "junk food" ;) Actually, I'm supposed to be saving money because the house needs reshingling, so it's a good thing I'm looking forward to low-price spending.
    all this talk about DQ, I'm taking a trip to the mall to buy a new board game and DQ is right around the corner from the store I'll be at. I wouldn't DQ to think I didn't like them anymore now would i?

I may compensate for your absence over the next few days...
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Confession
    I ruin songs for my teenage daughter. I sign along in a nasal voice when I feel the song is whiny. I ask too many questions about the meaning of the song or point out how sexist (or whatever it may be) the lyrics are of a particular song. I know he is talented but I change the station when I hear one popular Grammy winning singer whining about someone not being faithful. I don't mean to ruin songs for my daughter, it just happens when I point out something she stops liking the song.

For example the GDFR song that sounds like it has an oboe in it. Then it does not quite sound like and oboe but a sax. Then I go back and forth pondering what musical instrument is making that sound. It drives her nuts. But, we have a lot of similar musical tastes so when she broke her ipod and I gave her mine she didn't complain. :)

Then I think about songs I like and I could be called hypocritical. My kids knew the lyrics and sang along to Violent Femmes Blister in the Sun (for example, there are others) in early elementary school.

Confession #2
    In general I don't like violent movies but I find Grosse Point Blank hilarious.
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Confession
    I ruin songs for my teenage daughter. I sign along in a nasal voice when I feel the song is whiny. I ask too many questions about the meaning of the song or point out how sexist (or whatever it may be) the lyrics are of a particular song. I know he is talented but I change the station when I hear one popular Grammy winning singer whining about someone not being faithful. I don't mean to ruin songs for my daughter, it just happens when I point out something she stops liking the song.

For example the GDFR song that sounds like it has an oboe in it. Then it does not quite sound like and oboe but a sax. Then I go back and forth pondering what musical instrument is making that sound. It drives her nuts. But, we have a lot of similar musical tastes so when she broke her ipod and I gave her mine she didn't complain. :)

Then I think about songs I like and I could be called hypocritical. My kids knew the lyrics and sang along to Violent Femmes Blister in the Sun (for example, there are others) in early elementary school.

Confession #2

I would be mad if you talked to me during GDFR! I love that song!!! It always gets me pumped for work. :smiley:
  • jesikalovesyou
    edited May 2015
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Just to throw this out there, I've actually dropped 2 pant sizes! I'm now able to COMFORTABLY fit into a 14, when I've been a 16-17 since having my kid....nearly 3 years ago..

I've been stalking Pinterest looking at work outfits because I want to be able to rock some new ones by January, dammit!

Oh, kiddo's birthday party is next Saturday, (all the foods will be eaten that day) and we're heading to the beach that Sunday for her birthday trip. I'm not sure if I'm ready to venture out swimsuit shopping, even though I need a new one....

Woo Hoo!!!
    Well, thank you! :smile:
    I really want to lose this weight by January so one of my coworkers will stop talking about it. The words "you'd be a pretty girl if you'd lose some of that weight" were spoken and they've stuck with me ever since.....

I don't understand. How can a person say something like that? I just don't get it. Do people have no filter at all?

I was going up for an early promotion 6 months after I had my first son. My boss had to write a package of all the good things I've done and it would be compared to a few others and one would get the early promotion. I had to make sure I didn't get into trouble and I made a good score on my PT test as well.

I ended up not getting it and my boss told me, "It's good you didn't get it, because if people saw you up there receiving it, they might think you couldn't pass a PT test." Just by looking at me.

Highly inappropriate! So judgmental and stereotypical, right? Love the new profile pic, though!

Yeah. I liked him and I still like him as a boss, but that had always haunted me. I cried about it afterwards.

Thank you! I forgot my spoon that day and had to eat my yogurt with a banana. :)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Confession

Confession #2

Speaking of music, I saw a video on Facebook of a mashup between Katy Perry's "California Girls" and Avenged Sevenfold's "Bat Country" today. Appalling yet slightly interesting, but Katy Perry and A7X together is just sacrilegious! I prefer my metal without the likes of teenybopper beats and Snoop Dogg added lol. :wink:
  • CynSearly
    CynSearly Posts: 23 Member
    eMka11 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I always feel really deflated when I come out of the gym. I really can't shake the feeling that the gym staff are talking about me and its starting to make me really uncomfortable. It is one guy in particular and he was the one I had to do my induction with. I don't know if it is a coincidence but whenever I get going he will walk over to another member of staff, start talking and they will start looking over at me. I was so close to bursting into tears and walking out today. I just can't zone it out. I'm sure it's me being paranoid, but I've never been paranoid about it before. I'm not paranoid when I swim in the same leisure centre or going running in the park. It is really putting me off going.

I bet he is saying something like "I inducted her into this gym and look how amazing she is doing!"

That's my thoughts too :smile:

You should tell them they are making you uncomfortable, and ask them what they have been talking about while glancing your way. Even if they make something up, it will no longer be an elephant in the room and you will either feel better or feel worse and leave.
  • NoobieGymBunny
    NoobieGymBunny Posts: 4 Member
    I have logged baby food into my calories in the past by guesstimating. I taste my baby girls food to check temperature and just cause I'm usually curious to see if it tastes as horrible as it looks but I never know how many calories are in it so I will quick add 50cals just in case.
  • jesikalovesyou
    I have logged baby food into my calories in the past by guesstimating. I taste my baby girls food to check temperature and just cause I'm usually curious to see if it tastes as horrible as it looks but I never know how many calories are in it so I will quick add 50cals just in case.

When my son was younger, I would eat his baby food. As a snack. A little jar of fruit is usually about 50 kcal. The fruit is so good!!
  • TiffanyGrace
    TiffanyGrace Posts: 3 Member
    I used to purge when I was younger and I got down to 105 from 180 (I'm 5'8). It's such a struggle to do it the "right way" I still sometimes think about purging even though it's been several years since I became healthy. The time it takes can be really frustrating.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Uuugh. Cheesecake? Dang it! Of all weaknesses..... I dare not post photos of this awesome red velvet cream cheese crinkle cookies recipe. I've been trying to resist making it again. (last time was not long after christmas)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Confession

Confession #2

I would be mad if you talked to me during GDFR! I love that song!!! It always gets me pumped for work. :smiley:

So....what is it? An oboe or a sax? I can't decide which I think it is. Sometimes it is very oboe-y and other times it is more sax-y. :wink:
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Here. I made brownies. Let's all get along...and eat brownies....with ice cold milk....MMMMMmmmmmmm!

images_zpslfm3hdwm.jpg

in for brownies. And ice cream?

We could make brownie sundaes.... (They need a drooling emoji)
    That settles it I'm getting Dairy Queen tonight! Thanks everyone!
    I had myself a cotton candy Blizzard today. :yum:

With any luck I'll be having one of those within the next couple of days... heading to the US tomorrow.

Hurray for America! Haha

Hurray for a greater variety of "junk food" ;) Actually, I'm supposed to be saving money because the house needs reshingling, so it's a good thing I'm looking forward to low-price spending.
    all this talk about DQ, I'm taking a trip to the mall to buy a new board game and DQ is right around the corner from the store I'll be at. I wouldn't DQ to think I didn't like them anymore now would i?

I may compensate for your absence over the next few days...

Where are you traveling from?
  • LBuehrle8

Nope! Wouldn't be very neighborly of you!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    edited May 2015

images_zpslfm3hdwm.jpg

Ugh...brownies...want.

Because of this, I am totally getting a brownie sundae from the ice cream place down the street on Sunday. Haven't had one in forever. It's $5, but it's huge and amazing.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Uuugh. Cheesecake? Dang it! Of all weaknesses..... I dare not post photos of this awesome red velvet cream cheese crinkle cookies recipe. I've been trying to resist making it again. (last time was not long after christmas)

If it's any consolation, that's keto cheesecake, which means it's only 400 calories for 1/4 of a cake (granted 325 of them are fat)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,365 Member
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.
  • TiffanyGrace
    TiffanyGrace Posts: 3 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I always feel really deflated when I come out of the gym. I really can't shake the feeling that the gym staff are talking about me and its starting to make me really uncomfortable. It is one guy in particular and he was the one I had to do my induction with. I don't know if it is a coincidence but whenever I get going he will walk over to another member of staff, start talking and they will start looking over at me. I was so close to bursting into tears and walking out today. I just can't zone it out. I'm sure it's me being paranoid, but I've never been paranoid about it before. I'm not paranoid when I swim in the same leisure centre or going running in the park. It is really putting me off going.

I find more often than not when others look at you, it's a good thing. Next time you look at someone or point someone out, take note, I'd be willing to bet it's positive. Yesterday, I found myself looking a girl up and down when I shook her hand because I adored her outfit. I could tell she thought I was thinking something bad and I could kick myself for not just yelling "OMG you look so cute!" but we were walking into a meeting, kinda lost my window. Food for thought. :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

WHAT?!? Oh my sweet goodness I could live off of Chipotle! <3
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member

WHAT?!? Oh my sweet goodness I could live off of Chipotle! <3

Same. There are three stores within 10 minutes of my house. When they're on, it's great. When they're not, it makes me sad and disappointed.
  • jesikalovesyou
    Confession

Confession #2

So....what is it? An oboe or a sax? I can't decide which I think it is. Sometimes it is very oboe-y and other times it is more sax-y. :wink:

I think it is always very sax-y. :smiley::wink: