Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Move4Abs wrote: »
    Pregnant...feeling sad/blah...the fix? Pop-Tarts. This is one of my few binges and man...it was a binge. 4 poptarts...30 mins....delicious. Donating the rest to the office. Did you know those suckers have 200 cals/37 g of carbs EACH?!?!? I just inhaled 800 cals and obliterated my daily carb goal. Why the hell do they come in a pack of TWO?!?!? All said, feeling better....may need more sleep :)

My drug of choice is currently dry roasted peanuts. I've eaten a LOT of dry roasted peanuts over the past few days. They stop me feeling sick is my excuse. This peanut is going to love peanuts. Oh and the NHS reckons it's fine to eat peanuts during pregnancy before anyone starts, the guidelines keep changing!

Dry roasted are the bomb but I prefer DR sunflower seeds. But I dare not buy them as the jar wouldn't last the night.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle, although I also love Moe's possibly a bit more. We stayed in London Friday night, for £15 we got an upgrade to an executive room with access to a lounge with free beer and wine! There was a Chipotle over the road, I didn't know there were any here. I persuaded my bf that it would be better to stay and drink in the lounge then get a quick dinner in Chipotle. He knew I just wanted to go to Chipotle really.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm always surprised when someone replies to or acknowledges any of my posts here, because in "real life" I'm very invisible to other people (purposely, since I have anxiety) and tend to fade into the background of any and all social interactions that might take place. I'm generally noticed about as much as a doormat... ;)

ditto
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    seosaimhin wrote: »
    I've been under my total calorie count for several days and the app is chiding me, but I feel full.

I work to eat high quality, home cooked meals and I'm losing weight (1.8 lbs this week). Then there are days that I have a conscious battle with my brain - 'You're hungry.' 'No, I don't feel hungry.' 'Something must be eaten!' - so I try to go for raw veggies and occasionally fruit if I need sweet. Do others have the struggle with KNOWING you aren't actually hungry but feeling an almost addiction-like pull to eat almost anything?

Also - at 270 lbs, is there REALLY such a thing as too few calories when you're eating heaps of raw fresh veggies and low calorie lean meats?

Technically, yes. Believe it or not the human body is pretty smart. If you continue to eat too few calories for an extended amount of time, your body will believe it's 'starving' and in an effort to preserve itself, it will in turn start to slow your metabolism as well as burn your muscle as fuel and store fat. BAD.
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have bought, and eaten in 1 day, an entire bag of Red Hot Chili Pepper pita chips

twice
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I'm watching scandal, I watched the first 3 seasons while I was working away as it was something I could download to my tablet and watch offline. Now I'm not really convinced I'm that bothered about it, I keep getting behind and it feels like a chore to keep up. During this episode I've paid more attention to this thread. I should just stop bothering, but it's getting close to the end of the season and I feel commited...
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Pregnant...feeling sad/blah...the fix? Pop-Tarts. This is one of my few binges and man...it was a binge. 4 poptarts...30 mins....delicious. Donating the rest to the office. Did you know those suckers have 200 cals/37 g of carbs EACH?!?!? I just inhaled 800 cals and obliterated my daily carb goal. Why the hell do they come in a pack of TWO?!?!? All said, feeling better....may need more sleep :)

That is a disappointment to me as well! I'd have some if I could eat two, but 400 cals isn't worth it to me. The new flavors do look tasty though!

It's not QUITE the same, but the Special K Pastry Crisps actually remind me a lot of Pop-tarts, but they're 100 calories per pack. Much more limited flavor selection, of course, but good in a pinch!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

That is a disappointment to me as well! I'd have some if I could eat two, but 400 cals isn't worth it to me. The new flavors do look tasty though!

It's not QUITE the same, but the Special K Pastry Crisps actually remind me a lot of Pop-tarts, but they're 100 calories per pack. Much more limited flavor selection, of course, but good in a pinch!

I actually like them better. With ice cream.
  • CynSearly
    CynSearly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    CynSearly wrote: »
    Confession: My husband is not as serious about his health as he should be, and that scares me. A lot.

I feel your pain! My husband won't even go for a walk with me on the weekends. I let him hold me back for a long time because he wouldn't workout so I didn't either. He works from home and gets zero exercise. In the past I've tried yelling, guilt, compassion, empathy; nothing works.

I mean that's just terrible.... I am curious what his defense is when you sincerely tell him you are genuinely worried about his long term health?

He looks at me shamefully and says "I know"

But then goes back to eating junk and suggesting unhealthy dinner options. Of course, I am weak and will cave in because I have the same cravings... It's a rotten cycle.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Confession: My husband is not as serious about his health as he should be, and that scares me. A lot.

I feel your pain! My husband won't even go for a walk with me on the weekends. I let him hold me back for a long time because he wouldn't workout so I didn't either. He works from home and gets zero exercise. In the past I've tried yelling, guilt, compassion, empathy; nothing works.

I mean that's just terrible.... I am curious what his defense is when you sincerely tell him you are genuinely worried about his long term health?

But then goes back to eating junk and suggesting unhealthy dinner options. Of course, I am weak and will cave in because I have the same cravings... It's a rotten cycle.

My husband is the same and he eats my treats and it annoys me to no end because he will finish it all in one seating! He lost 10 pounds last year... then got lazy and gained it all back, and is on track to gain more.

The difference is that I bring the stuff home.. for me.. to eat in moderation... which I do fine except during PMS week. And I pick healthy options when we eat out... he gets the 2000 calories stuff...
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I actually like them better. With ice cream.

As a sandwich or crumbled over top? Oh, boy. It's only 9:30am and now I have ideas about food.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    Guys. We're almost to 600 pages. We've been at this for 3.5 months.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Seems to be the same price as everywhere else though. Weird.

That's what I thought too. They are ALWAYS that price when I buy them at Supplement Giant, plus, I can mix-and-match flavors.

• Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    If I have lost weight I will log it, but if I have gained since that lost, I will not log until I am below the last lowest weight..... I have a lot of confessions....but will save them for another day :D
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Here. I made brownies. Let's all get along...and eat brownies....with ice cold milk....MMMMMmmmmmmm!

images_zpslfm3hdwm.jpg

I'm sad I missed out on brownies because I had to take my daughter to the orthodontist yesterday. I would have much rather had brownies. :(

• m1xm0d3
    Options

That's tough when you are the one trying to do better but are faced with temptation rather than support. Just do what you can to make better choices without him knowing. Eventually he will notice his shirts and pants are a little more loose and maybe that will trigger some motivation. Stay strong!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Saaay, how 'bout our local sports team..?

You think that won't get judgmental or contentious?! ;-)

My confession: I was supposed to go to the dentist for a cleaning yesterday, but lied and claimed a conflict had come up when my dentist called to confirm/make sure I was willing to see a different person than I normally do, since I think they had doublebooked. The call gave me the idea, so I was like "oh, I don't mind, hmm, but if it's more convenient for you I can change." She said: "oh, no, let's keep it, we don't have any appointments available 'til August." I all of a sudden found myself saying "but tomorrow will be really stressful as it happens, I have a conflict that came up, August is okay," and so I moved it.

I was originally supposed to go in January but did basically the same thing.

I have stupid dentist fear (in part due to a terrible childhood dentist) that I need to get over already.

When you figure out how to do that, please let me know. I'm TERRIFIED of going to the dentist. I know I have cavities and I don't want him to hurt me by drilling and filling them.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Just to throw this out there, I've actually dropped 2 pant sizes! I'm now able to COMFORTABLY fit into a 14, when I've been a 16-17 since having my kid....nearly 3 years ago..

I've been stalking Pinterest looking at work outfits because I want to be able to rock some new ones by January, dammit!

Oh, kiddo's birthday party is next Saturday, (all the foods will be eaten that day) and we're heading to the beach that Sunday for her birthday trip. I'm not sure if I'm ready to venture out swimsuit shopping, even though I need a new one....

Woo Hoo!!!
    Well, thank you! :smile:
    I really want to lose this weight by January so one of my coworkers will stop talking about it. The words "you'd be a pretty girl if you'd lose some of that weight" were spoken and they've stuck with me ever since.....

I don't understand. How can a person say something like that? I just don't get it. Do people have no filter at all?

I was going up for an early promotion 6 months after I had my first son. My boss had to write a package of all the good things I've done and it would be compared to a few others and one would get the early promotion. I had to make sure I didn't get into trouble and I made a good score on my PT test as well.

I ended up not getting it and my boss told me, "It's good you didn't get it, because if people saw you up there receiving it, they might think you couldn't pass a PT test." Just by looking at me.

Highly inappropriate! So judgmental and stereotypical, right? Love the new profile pic, though!

Yeah. I liked him and I still like him as a boss, but that had always haunted me. I cried about it afterwards.

Thank you! I forgot my spoon that day and had to eat my yogurt with a banana. :)

I've tried to eat my yogurt with the foil wrapper from the top of the yogurt before. Not very successful!
  • m1xm0d3
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My confession today is I didn't have any dinner last night and ended my day with a 2k deficit. This is because I hardly keep any food in my house in fear of eating more than I should by preparing something meant for another day. The more I have, the more I eat. The lack of dinner reflected on the scale this morning but I only recorded 1 lb of a 3 lb loss.

The treats I keep there are only for my daughter and happen to be treats I greatly dislike so as to not be temped.

And the bowl of Green Giant brown rice, black bean & corn steamer thing is quite awesome and low calorie. Sans a few bites for myself, my daughter devoured the package. It was too late and I was too lazy to thaw something out first (tilapia fillets) before cooking it for myself. lol

20000-449180.jpg?mh=320&mw=500

^^^ combating brownie photos since.... well... today.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    It's 80 degrees outside, and I would swear it's 50 in the office. I feel like I never get to enjoy wearing all of my summer clothes because I have to wear a jacket to work year-round.

Same! I have some really cute warm weather clothes that would be cute for the office but would look ridiculous with a jacket or hoodie.