Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I ruined my only pair of pants that fit me (nose bleed) and I don't want to bother going shopping for more! Grrrrr
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I've mentioned in this thread before that I suffer from anxiety. Well, it's usually bad to the point that I can't leave the house alone. So, today I have a two-step confession; one is AWESOME, and one is.... You be the judge.

The Good: I left the house ALL BY MYSELF and walked 20 minutes to the grocery store and back, picked up the stuff I wanted, went through the check-out, and did it all without panicking! <--- So proud!

The erm... Not So Good: I did ALL that just to buy ingredients to bake cookies... Which I didn't have the calories for. Oops?

Way to go! That is awesome! As for the cookies...as long as they were yummy and you are back on track today, no worries! <3
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I think the expensive preworkout I just bought is giving me awful stomach cramps.... But I'm too cheap to throw it away so I'll just deal...
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I have bought, and eaten in 1 day, an entire bag of Red Hot Chili Pepper pita chips

twice

I may need to find these! Sound so good!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Here. I made brownies. Let's all get along...and eat brownies....with ice cold milk....MMMMMmmmmmmm!

images_zpslfm3hdwm.jpg

I'm sad I missed out on brownies because I had to take my daughter to the orthodontist yesterday. I would have much rather had brownies. :(

Yep, and you know there are none left...not around me! LOL
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I just decided that I am going to not log for the weekend. I'm getting... frustrated with myself again.

I have diligently logged for over a year and I just...need a break. I want one weekend where I don't concern myself with it all. I'm not going to go over board by any means, just going to eat when I am hungry.

I didn't even have breakfast this morning cause I am not hungry for once. So, instead I am just going to have a big lunch in between break for work and that'll probably be all the time I have to eat for the day.

I am just frustrated with myself because I can literally feel myself trying to achieve my calories goals even if I am not hungry which can cause me to over eat instead. So I am throwing my hands in the air and waving them like I just don't care /endrant

one weekend won't kill me, I'll be back at it on Monday. :p
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I feel the same way about it. I don't get the hoopla. And it's RIDICULOUSLY expensive!

• quiksylver296
    Options
    Ok, caught up again...

Confession of the day: I am down SEVEN pounds since Monday. Unfortunately, it was all water weight I put on last weekend camping, cuz hot dogs, and smores, and adult beverages. I am still a pound higher than what my weight says on MFP.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Move4Abs wrote: »
    Pregnant...feeling sad/blah...the fix? Pop-Tarts. This is one of my few binges and man...it was a binge. 4 poptarts...30 mins....delicious. Donating the rest to the office. Did you know those suckers have 200 cals/37 g of carbs EACH?!?!? I just inhaled 800 cals and obliterated my daily carb goal. Why the hell do they come in a pack of TWO?!?!? All said, feeling better....may need more sleep :)

My drug of choice is currently dry roasted peanuts. I've eaten a LOT of dry roasted peanuts over the past few days. They stop me feeling sick is my excuse. This peanut is going to love peanuts. Oh and the NHS reckons it's fine to eat peanuts during pregnancy before anyone starts, the guidelines keep changing!

When I had my kids, it was 1993 and 1994 and I was only 19-20. I never thought twice about what I ate/didn't eat whilst pregnant... Methinks I should be thankful I'm not planning any more, I don't do well eliminating things from my diet.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Guys. We're almost to 600 pages. We've been at this for 3.5 months.

I hope Agent OJ comes up with something good...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Move4Abs wrote: »
    Pregnant...feeling sad/blah...the fix? Pop-Tarts. This is one of my few binges and man...it was a binge. 4 poptarts...30 mins....delicious. Donating the rest to the office. Did you know those suckers have 200 cals/37 g of carbs EACH?!?!? I just inhaled 800 cals and obliterated my daily carb goal. Why the hell do they come in a pack of TWO?!?!? All said, feeling better....may need more sleep :)

That is a disappointment to me as well! I'd have some if I could eat two, but 400 cals isn't worth it to me. The new flavors do look tasty though!

It's not QUITE the same, but the Special K Pastry Crisps actually remind me a lot of Pop-tarts, but they're 100 calories per pack. Much more limited flavor selection, of course, but good in a pinch!

I actually like them better. With ice cream.

As a sandwich or crumbled over top? Oh, boy. It's only 9:30am and now I have ideas about food.

Sandwich. Typically you can fit a bit under half a serving in there...
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)

I don't like cilantro either which is why I get plain rice for my order.

I thought I was the ONLY one that did this. I hate cilantro and I think it tastes like feet. I don't want my food to taste like feet.

• taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    jodibear58 wrote: »
    If I have lost weight I will log it, but if I have gained since that lost, I will not log until I am below the last lowest weight..... I have a lot of confessions....but will save them for another day :D

same.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I've mentioned in this thread before that I suffer from anxiety. Well, it's usually bad to the point that I can't leave the house alone. So, today I have a two-step confession; one is AWESOME, and one is.... You be the judge.

The Good: I left the house ALL BY MYSELF and walked 20 minutes to the grocery store and back, picked up the stuff I wanted, went through the check-out, and did it all without panicking! <--- So proud!

The erm... Not So Good: I did ALL that just to buy ingredients to bake cookies... Which I didn't have the calories for. Oops?

I think it's all good! You'll make up for it, and sometimes you need that extra incentive. ;-)

I'm happy you were able to make that positive step with the anxiety issue.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    seosaimhin wrote: »
    I've been under my total calorie count for several days and the app is chiding me, but I feel full.

I work to eat high quality, home cooked meals and I'm losing weight (1.8 lbs this week). Then there are days that I have a conscious battle with my brain - 'You're hungry.' 'No, I don't feel hungry.' 'Something must be eaten!' - so I try to go for raw veggies and occasionally fruit if I need sweet. Do others have the struggle with KNOWING you aren't actually hungry but feeling an almost addiction-like pull to eat almost anything?

Also - at 270 lbs, is there REALLY such a thing as too few calories when you're eating heaps of raw fresh veggies and low calorie lean meats?

I usually just eat the fruit/veggies if it puts me over. I figure I didn't get fat from eating fruits and veggies (note, I didn't say nobody got fat that way, but definitely not me).
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    The people I share an office with have all gone to a meeting, leaving me alone with a massive bag of pick and mix bought from the college sweet shop this morning. I have eaten all of the chocolate brazils and fried eggs... When they get back there will be hell to pay and I've already decided I'm going to say I let some students have a few and so they must have done it.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)

I thought I was the ONLY one that did this. I hate cilantro and I think it tastes like feet. I don't want my food to taste like feet.

I love you, Mo, but BLASPHEMY! Cilantro is God's gift to tastebuds!
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    seosaimhin wrote: »
    I've been under my total calorie count for several days and the app is chiding me, but I feel full.

I work to eat high quality, home cooked meals and I'm losing weight (1.8 lbs this week). Then there are days that I have a conscious battle with my brain - 'You're hungry.' 'No, I don't feel hungry.' 'Something must be eaten!' - so I try to go for raw veggies and occasionally fruit if I need sweet. Do others have the struggle with KNOWING you aren't actually hungry but feeling an almost addiction-like pull to eat almost anything?

Also - at 270 lbs, is there REALLY such a thing as too few calories when you're eating heaps of raw fresh veggies and low calorie lean meats?

Technically, yes. Believe it or not the human body is pretty smart. If you continue to eat too few calories for an extended amount of time, your body will believe it's 'starving' and in an effort to preserve itself, it will in turn start to slow your metabolism as well as burn your muscle as fuel and store fat. BAD.

Oh, I read that wrong. LOL I read that as you were eating over your calories. By all means, I would eat as many calories as I could get away with as long as I'm losing!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Cilantro is always controversial. Some people just don't taste it properly. My sister claims it tastes metallic and won't eat anything with it in there (she also won't eat anything spicy).

I love cilantro.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Saaay, how 'bout our local sports team..?

You think that won't get judgmental or contentious?! ;-)

My confession: I was supposed to go to the dentist for a cleaning yesterday, but lied and claimed a conflict had come up when my dentist called to confirm/make sure I was willing to see a different person than I normally do, since I think they had doublebooked. The call gave me the idea, so I was like "oh, I don't mind, hmm, but if it's more convenient for you I can change." She said: "oh, no, let's keep it, we don't have any appointments available 'til August." I all of a sudden found myself saying "but tomorrow will be really stressful as it happens, I have a conflict that came up, August is okay," and so I moved it.

I was originally supposed to go in January but did basically the same thing.

I have stupid dentist fear (in part due to a terrible childhood dentist) that I need to get over already.

When you figure out how to do that, please let me know. I'm TERRIFIED of going to the dentist. I know I have cavities and I don't want him to hurt me by drilling and filling them.

Ditto.
    Once I had the dentist start drilling before I was completely numb. My fear was multiplied.