Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm always surprised when someone replies to or acknowledges any of my posts here, because in "real life" I'm very invisible to other people (purposely, since I have anxiety) and tend to fade into the background of any and all social interactions that might take place. I'm generally noticed about as much as a doormat... ;)

Same...
    Plus, I'm paranoid in general so I always feel like everyone hates me anyway.

Today I'm having a particularly bad day.

Happy Friday anyway everyone.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    repost
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I cry so easily and I hate myself for it and I constantly embarrass myself because of this. I wish I could control it.

I was like this for a long time. After I figured out that I was clinically depressed and got medication it got better. (I didn't take the meds long, maybe a couple of months and that was 20 years ago.) I still have days occasionally when everything makes me cry, but they are very few and far between.

Just wanted you to know that I feel your pain- been there. Hope you figure it out.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I've mentioned in this thread before that I suffer from anxiety. Well, it's usually bad to the point that I can't leave the house alone. So, today I have a two-step confession; one is AWESOME, and one is.... You be the judge.

The Good: I left the house ALL BY MYSELF and walked 20 minutes to the grocery store and back, picked up the stuff I wanted, went through the check-out, and did it all without panicking! <--- So proud!

The erm... Not So Good: I did ALL that just to buy ingredients to bake cookies... Which I didn't have the calories for. Oops?
    I've mentioned in this thread before that I suffer from anxiety. Well, it's usually bad to the point that I can't leave the house alone. So, today I have a two-step confession; one is AWESOME, and one is.... You be the judge.

The Good: I left the house ALL BY MYSELF and walked 20 minutes to the grocery store and back, picked up the stuff I wanted, went through the check-out, and did it all without panicking! <--- So proud!

The erm... Not So Good: I did ALL that just to buy ingredients to bake cookies... Which I didn't have the calories for. Oops?

Congratulations! Whatever helps you progress!! Cookies seem like a fitting reward. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    thanks for the well wishes. I must say I have a better appreciation for keeping up with exercise and lifting. It makes lifting and lowering yourself off stuff (couches, bed, toilet, etc) a lot easier. I confess I am really bummed about not being able to do any exercise other than walking for the next 6-8 weeks (no bending, twisting, crouching, or anything that puts strain on my abdominal walls).

Hubby has been awesome in taking care of me. I normally do all the cooking and he does the cleaning so it was very amusing for me to see him make jello and the Lipton Chicken Noodle soup and cut & core an apple; he kept asking me if he "was doing it right"! LOL! I am not trying to say he is inept as he makes great stews, chilis, amd chicken caccitore it has just so long since he has had to do the basics and it was sweet watching him.

Glad you are feeling better and that is sweet. Enjoy the downtime. You'll come roaring back.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I put my photo into photobucket.com. This I pick up this ~~> http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b502/quiksylver296/unnamed_zpss1pp58hz.jpg from the photobucket site. Add [ img] before the http and [ /img] after the jpg. I had to put a space into the brackets so it wouldn't try to make it into a picture. Do not put the space when you are really posting the pic.

Thanks I will try this!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I confess that I'm always surprised when someone replies to or acknowledges any of my posts here, because in "real life" I'm very invisible to other people (purposely, since I have anxiety) and tend to fade into the background of any and all social interactions that might take place. I'm generally noticed about as much as a doormat... ;)

Same...
    Plus, I'm paranoid in general so I always feel like everyone hates me anyway.

Today I'm having a particularly bad day.

Happy Friday anyway everyone.

Feel better! We want to hear from you!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok blood donation complete. One package of Lorna Doones down. Off to continue my day off!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    thanks for the well wishes. I must say I have a better appreciation for keeping up with exercise and lifting. It makes lifting and lowering yourself off stuff (couches, bed, toilet, etc) a lot easier. I confess I am really bummed about not being able to do any exercise other than walking for the next 6-8 weeks (no bending, twisting, crouching, or anything that puts strain on my abdominal walls).

Hubby has been awesome in taking care of me. I normally do all the cooking and he does the cleaning so it was very amusing for me to see him make jello and the Lipton Chicken Noodle soup and cut & core an apple; he kept asking me if he "was doing it right"! LOL! I am not trying to say he is inept as he makes great stews, chilis, and chicken caccitore it has just so long since he has had to do the basics and it was sweet watching him.

Glad you are feeling better and that is sweet. Enjoy the downtime. You'll come roaring back.
    thanks! I'm currently catching up on this thread.... currently on page 580 but I've read yesterday an today.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)

I don't like cilantro either which is why I get plain rice for my order.

I thought I was the ONLY one that did this. I hate cilantro and I think it tastes like feet. I don't want my food to taste like feet.

Nope. The only time I've gotten the cilantro/lime rice was the first time I had it in 2009. I didn't like the cilantro for the flavor and crunch/texture (I don't like lettuce, either) and I don't like citrus in savory food (I love lemon in sweets).
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Just to throw this out there, I've actually dropped 2 pant sizes! I'm now able to COMFORTABLY fit into a 14, when I've been a 16-17 since having my kid....nearly 3 years ago..

I've been stalking Pinterest looking at work outfits because I want to be able to rock some new ones by January, dammit!

Oh, kiddo's birthday party is next Saturday, (all the foods will be eaten that day) and we're heading to the beach that Sunday for her birthday trip. I'm not sure if I'm ready to venture out swimsuit shopping, even though I need a new one....

Woo Hoo!!!
    Well, thank you! :smile:
    I really want to lose this weight by January so one of my coworkers will stop talking about it. The words "you'd be a pretty girl if you'd lose some of that weight" were spoken and they've stuck with me ever since.....

I don't understand. How can a person say something like that? I just don't get it. Do people have no filter at all?

I was going up for an early promotion 6 months after I had my first son. My boss had to write a package of all the good things I've done and it would be compared to a few others and one would get the early promotion. I had to make sure I didn't get into trouble and I made a good score on my PT test as well.

I ended up not getting it and my boss told me, "It's good you didn't get it, because if people saw you up there receiving it, they might think you couldn't pass a PT test." Just by looking at me.

Highly inappropriate! So judgmental and stereotypical, right? Love the new profile pic, though!

Yeah. I liked him and I still like him as a boss, but that had always haunted me. I cried about it afterwards.

Thank you! I forgot my spoon that day and had to eat my yogurt with a banana. :)

Lol, too funny
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I don't understand how you can all order dresses online.

The dress in my picture was taken in the Macy's dressing room. I didn't buy it that day, but then went home and decided I loved how it looked on me and ordered the exact same dress in the exact same size. When I put it on this morning, it was about 6-8" shorter than the one I tried on in the store. I'm too old to wear a dress that short to work! Aargh!!

Pic in the store on the left, same exact dress ordered online on the right. Aargh!!

image.jpg

(My first MFP picture attempt)
    Edited to say: Please disregard my husband's running clothes that he left laying on the floor. LOL
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Ok blood donation complete. One package of Lorna Doones down. Off to continue my day off!

Don't pass out! (Oh, wait. That was me. Tuesday.)
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)

I don't like cilantro either which is why I get plain rice for my order.

I thought I was the ONLY one that did this. I hate cilantro and I think it tastes like feet. I don't want my food to taste like feet.

I love you, Mo, but BLASPHEMY! Cilantro is God's gift to tastebuds!

If you like feet, then, yes, it is. I prefer my food to taste like other things, like, I don't' know, food. :wink:

I am an extremely picky eater. I cannot stand tomatoes, onions, spicy, barbeque flavored things, and the list goes on and on. Cilantro is just another item on my extensive list.

I also hate raw tomatoes except in salsa and onions in any form (Hate hate hate hate hate them! Why do they have to be in EVERYTHING??????? They're so overpowering!). I will eat tomatoes if they're cooked/stewed and I love Heinz ketchup.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

The dress in my picture was taken in the Macy's dressing room. I didn't buy it that day, but then went home and decided I loved how it looked on me and ordered the exact same dress in the exact same size. When I put it on this morning, it was about 6-8" shorter than the one I tried on in the store. I'm too old to wear a dress that short to work! Aargh!!

Pic in the store on the left, same exact dress ordered online on the right. Aargh!!

image.jpg

Edited to say: Please disregard my husband's running clothes that he left laying on the floor. LOL

Super cute, and I don't think it's too short. I'm 40 and don't do short, but I think that is tasteful.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

image.jpg

You look great, but I can see that the dress on the right looks like a different cut - the neckline seems higher as well as the hem being shorter. That's disappointing. Can you return it? You have great legs and it's a great 'going out' dress, but I can understand about not wanting to wear a short dress to work.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Guys. We're almost to 600 pages. We've been at this for 3.5 months.

I hope Agent OJ comes up with something good...

Noted and contemplating ;)

Awesome!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    margfish wrote: »
    I've been feeling super snacky the past two days. I managed to keep it in check yesterday (lots of tiny snacks, still met goal), but today after dinner my husband left me alone to do some work upstairs, and boom - 1500 calories in 20 min: leftover Cadbury egg, stack of graham crackers, a couple bowls of cereal, a couple 100 calorie bags of baked chips and even the dang protein balls I made earlier for breakfast tomorrow. Who does that?? I'm so mad. When will I learn that it's okay to eat over goal when I'm hungry so I don't do things like this? :s

There are many people that do this :wink: I get snacky like that too and just wander through the kitchen looking for food to shove in my face. The "best" thing for me to do in this situations is probably to take some leftover chicken & broccoli and eat that to feel more full, but I don't. I eat ice cream with cookies crumbled on top, then go back for more cookies.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I keep trying to reply to someone on my wall, but it's not letting me! My writing appears all grey and it won't let me enter it. Has something been changed? :confounded:

I ate a really, really big poutine last night along with about ten cups of water because it was so salty, and I definitely felt sick afterwards. I still feel full and I haven't eaten yet today... and I don't expect to be hungry anytime soon. But bubble tea still sounds pretty good! :tongue:

Also, I'm not sure what has gotten into me... I usually hate clothes shopping, but lately I've been frequenting online stores with major excitement. I just added AdoreMe to a slowly growing list of websites I've been eyeing (along with ModCloth and Boutique1861). I'm changing!!!

I'm wearing a shirt from ModCloth right now! :)

Love the new kitty!

Thanks! That's my baby girl. :)

Very cute!
  • TyraAnn
    TyraAnn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ketorach wrote: »
    Sometimes, I eat in bed and don't even remember. I wake up in the morning wondering why I'm not hungry, and then, I'm sad when I remember.

I find when I eat at night/ before bed,I'm ravenous like a bear out of hibernation