Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    So we're on page 600, and that is a lot of conversation, all of which has been deep and meaningful, helpful and healing.

Here's a list of people that I'm going to find in the afterlife and what question I'm going to ask them.

Bruce Lee - Teach me how to be like water?
    Sir Terry Pratchet - Tell me more about Ank Morpork?
    Douglas Adams - Will you hold my towel?

Edit: I just responded to a work email to someone getting snippy with me with "Cool Story Bro, except you need to do this like I said in my original request" hahahahaha

Awesome!

Afterlife questions - I want to know the true story about dinosaurs. I really want to ask my grandpa about being Jack Dempsey's sparring partner (just learned that a couple weeks ago. G'pa never said a word.) I want to know who Jack the Ripper really was. There's more, I've thought on this topic a lot. Of course, now I can't remember any.

They covered this on an episode of Grimm recently.

I am not very happy with that show since the whole Juliette thing started, and it's a shame because I LOVED it prior to that.

Are you referring the Hexenbiest thing? Me either! That chick is the mayor, governor and president of city council of Crazy Town. I was never really a HUGE fan of hers (I'm more of a Rosalie person) (SPOILER ALERT) but when she torched Aunt Marie's trailer AND got Nick's mom killed, I was done! There's no redemption for her.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I have to eat a low fiber diet for the next two days and then nothing on Sunday but clear liquids because I have a procedure on Monday morning. I am about to be so hangry.
    I wasn't allowed to eat my first day in the hospital. As soon as they let me, I devoured everything I was given like there was no tomorrow.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    So we're on page 600, and that is a lot of conversation, all of which has been deep and meaningful, helpful and healing.

Here's a list of people that I'm going to find in the afterlife and what question I'm going to ask them.

Edit: I just responded to a work email to someone getting snippy with me with "Cool Story Bro, except you need to do this like I said in my original request" hahahahaha

Awesome!

Afterlife questions - I want to know the true story about dinosaurs. I really want to ask my grandpa about being Jack Dempsey's sparring partner (just learned that a couple weeks ago. G'pa never said a word.) I want to know who Jack the Ripper really was. There's more, I've thought on this topic a lot. Of course, now I can't remember any.

YASSSS me too!! Sorry for the scream but that is a huge deal! I'd also love to know the real story behind the Black Dahlia and who was her killer!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    So I just ate a 12 inch subway sandwich AND a Smores frap from Starbucks. I feel incredibly guilty and sick, now. The good news is I FINALLY got my gym pass so I'm going to head down right now (already at my school) and work out!!!! I've missed it... and now that I have the actual pass I better get my butt in gear. I want to be in top shape.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    So I just ate a 12 inch subway sandwich AND a Smores frap from Starbucks. I feel incredibly guilty and sick, now. The good news is I FINALLY got my gym pass so I'm going to head down right now (already at my school) and work out!!!! I've missed it... and now that I have the actual pass I better get my butt in gear. I want to be in top shape.

Would you recommend this? My go to treat is a mocha frap but I've been really curious about trying that one just haven't had the gall to do it yet :)
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)

I don't like cilantro either which is why I get plain rice for my order.

I thought I was the ONLY one that did this. I hate cilantro and I think it tastes like feet. I don't want my food to taste like feet.

I love you, Mo, but BLASPHEMY! Cilantro is God's gift to tastebuds!

Agree!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Just to throw this out there, I've actually dropped 2 pant sizes! I'm now able to COMFORTABLY fit into a 14, when I've been a 16-17 since having my kid....nearly 3 years ago..

I've been stalking Pinterest looking at work outfits because I want to be able to rock some new ones by January, dammit!

Oh, kiddo's birthday party is next Saturday, (all the foods will be eaten that day) and we're heading to the beach that Sunday for her birthday trip. I'm not sure if I'm ready to venture out swimsuit shopping, even though I need a new one....

Woo Hoo!!!
    Well, thank you! :smile:
    I really want to lose this weight by January so one of my coworkers will stop talking about it. The words "you'd be a pretty girl if you'd lose some of that weight" were spoken and they've stuck with me ever since.....

Congrats on your weight loss. But unfortunately I don't think it will matter how much weight you lose, your co-worker will still be rude!
    Yeah, she's very outspoken and opinionated. Hopefully I can at least take the weight comments out of the equation lol. And thanks! :smile:
    I'm currently drinking a $5 cup of coffee, I love Starbucks but oh my god it's pricey (at least for me lol)!

It really is. I was going to Second Cup (Canadian coffee shop) and getting tea lattes, they are over$5. Now I go to Tim Horton's and get a delicious tea for under $2. Less money and way less calories, so I feel less guilty about stopping a couple times a week.

My daily Starbucks order is a triple espresso with steamed soy milk. It's only $2.63! I don't eat out for lunch ever, so I can justify that little expense.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Awesome!

I am not very happy with that show since the whole Juliette thing started, and it's a shame because I LOVED it prior to that.

Are you referring the Hexenbiest thing? Me either! That chick is the mayor, governor and president of city council of Crazy Town. I was never really a HUGE fan of hers (I'm more of a Rosalie person) (SPOILER ALERT) but when she torched Aunt Marie's trailer AND got Nick's mom killed, I was done! There's no redemption for her.

Indeed. She almost got Monroe killed. I simply cannot forgive that.
  • FluffySandwich
    edited May 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Would you recommend this? My go to treat is a mocha frap but I've been really curious about trying that one just haven't had the gall to do it yet :)
    Have you tried the green tea one? That's my favorite. I was a bit disappointed by it, to be honest. My boyfriend really liked it, though, and said it's his second favorite next to the vanilla bean frap. It wasn't anything special to me... but maybe that was partly due to my already full stomach after eating Subway :tongue:

EDIT: Just did the calculations and those two things put me over calories for today. Luckily I didn't eat anything else... and am going to sweat like crazy at the gym.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My go to Starbucks order is a tall flat white with caramel syrup and drizzle (was the macchiato until the flat white came out). I almost lost my shiznit on the barrista of a location I don't normally frequent and they wanted to charge me for the drizzle. No other Starbucks I've been to charges for drizzle. The plus side is, I got my free reward for buying my 12 loaded onto my card today as well as they loaded my free birthday drink so I have 2 free drinks waiting for me!

I liked Second Cup but they got rid of the butter pecan latte which was the only reason I went there. My husband likes their vanilla tea lattes which aren't bad. I probably would go there more if they had a reward system like Starbucks. I like free stuff.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Just to throw this out there, I've actually dropped 2 pant sizes! I'm now able to COMFORTABLY fit into a 14, when I've been a 16-17 since having my kid....nearly 3 years ago..

I've been stalking Pinterest looking at work outfits because I want to be able to rock some new ones by January, dammit!

Oh, kiddo's birthday party is next Saturday, (all the foods will be eaten that day) and we're heading to the beach that Sunday for her birthday trip. I'm not sure if I'm ready to venture out swimsuit shopping, even though I need a new one....

Woo Hoo!!!
    I really want to lose this weight by January so one of my coworkers will stop talking about it. The words "you'd be a pretty girl if you'd lose some of that weight" were spoken and they've stuck with me ever since.....

Congrats on your weight loss. But unfortunately I don't think it will matter how much weight you lose, your co-worker will still be rude!
    Yeah, she's very outspoken and opinionated. Hopefully I can at least take the weight comments out of the equation lol. And thanks! :smile:
    I'm currently drinking a $5 cup of coffee, I love Starbucks but oh my god it's pricey (at least for me lol)!

It really is. I was going to Second Cup (Canadian coffee shop) and getting tea lattes, they are over$5. Now I go to Tim Horton's and get a delicious tea for under $2. Less money and way less calories, so I feel less guilty about stopping a couple times a week.

My daily Starbucks order is a triple espresso with steamed soy milk. It's only $2.63! I don't eat out for lunch ever, so I can justify that little expense.

That price isn't too bad. No matter what it is, it does add up though. At Christmas I told my parents all I wanted was Second Cup giftcards lol.

What ticks me off is that these places charge $0.60 for lactose free or soy milk. I'm paying $5 for a drink, I'm sure they could cover the small, extra expense of the milk.

ETA: I haven't been to Second Cup in months, but now I want a London Fog.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have to eat a low fiber diet for the next two days and then nothing on Sunday but clear liquids because I have a procedure on Monday morning. I am about to be so hangry.
    I wasn't allowed to eat my first day in the hospital. As soon as they let me, I devoured everything I was given like there was no tomorrow.

It sucks so much. I can already see myself justifying going to town on Monday afternoon, since I will have a nice deficit from not eating all day Sunday.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My go to Starbucks order is a tall flat white with caramel syrup and drizzle (was the macchiato until the flat white came out). I almost lost my shiznit on the barrista of a location I don't normally frequent and they wanted to charge me for the drizzle. No other Starbucks I've been to charges for drizzle. The plus side is, I got my free reward for buying my 12 loaded onto my card today as well as they loaded my free birthday drink so I have 2 free drinks waiting for me!

I liked Second Cup but they got rid of the butter pecan latte which was the only reason I went there. My husband likes their vanilla tea lattes which aren't bad. I probably would go there more if they had a reward system like Starbucks. I like free stuff.

Their website says they do have one. When I looked before it was only available in Calgary, but maybe they've expanded it now? You have to download an app and get a "card" number.

ETA: I am now downloading the app lol
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Woo Hoo!!!

That price isn't too bad. No matter what it is, it does add up though. At Christmas I told my parents all I wanted was Second Cup giftcards lol.

What ticks me off is that these places charge $0.60 for lactose free or soy milk. I'm paying $5 for a drink, I'm sure they could cover the small, extra expense of the milk.

ETA: I haven't been to Second Cup in months, but now I want a London Fog.
    I adore London Fogs. I work in a restaurant and there used to be a bartender there (she quit) who would make me one every day. Mmm.

I would likely never go to Starbucks if I didn't have giftcards for it. I find it so expensive... at least the fraps are. I tried the new Oreo Iced Cap from Tim Hortons last week and it was very disappointing... there was hardly any difference, just a few pieces of cookie in there. Wasn't worth the money, even if I actually do like the taste of iced caps.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)

I don't like cilantro either which is why I get plain rice for my order.

I thought I was the ONLY one that did this. I hate cilantro and I think it tastes like feet. I don't want my food to taste like feet.

I love you, Mo, but BLASPHEMY! Cilantro is God's gift to tastebuds!

If you like feet, then, yes, it is. I prefer my food to taste like other things, like, I don't' know, food. :wink:

I am an extremely picky eater. I cannot stand tomatoes, onions, spicy, barbeque flavored things, and the list goes on and on. Cilantro is just another item on my extensive list.

I also hate raw tomatoes except in salsa and onions in any form (Hate hate hate hate hate them! Why do they have to be in EVERYTHING??????? They're so overpowering!). I will eat tomatoes if they're cooked/stewed and I love Heinz ketchup.

We're the same person. If there is onion in/on something, that's ALL I TASTE. I hate when I bite into a delicious burger or sandwich I specifically ordered with NO ONION and it's the first thing I chomp in to. So maddening. I have a couple times just stopped eating because I was so peeved. I have issues when it comes to food. I get unnecessarily annoyed/angry when my food gets messed up. And freaking McAlister's always "forgets" to leave the tomato off my chicken salad sandwich so there's always slimy little tomato seeds all under the lettuce. What if I was allergic, could I sue them? See...irrational.

I've sworn off Taco Bell bean burritos for life because the last time I had one (10+ years ago), I bit into a huge chunk of onion halfway through when I said no onion. It was disgusting. I spit it out and almost threw up.

I also hate when I order McDonald's McDoubles plain and there's a few little pieces of onion somewhere on it and I taste them. I like those burgers, but I stick to their nuggets from now on.

I like cooked onions, in the right foods. I had to stop drinking chai tea for a while, though, due to an "onion accident". I had a chai tea on the countertop while I was busy making a batch of my family's favorite breakfast burritos. Happily chopping onions a stray flew into my tea, unbeknownst to me at the time. It was an iced chai. Took a drink, chomping on what I thought was ice. Nooooo. Piece of onion. In my iced chai tea. GAG! Worst flavor combo ever!!! Learned my lesson: no drinks close enough to my chopping area allowed anymore.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

I do not recommend eating fast food and working out right after. I did that once and it was awful and I felt awful. I had chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and corn the other day and I waited three hours before working out.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I cry so easily and I hate myself for it and I constantly embarrass myself because of this. I wish I could control it.

Me too, I have been publicly embarrassed a few times when someone asks me a question that triggers crying! Once when talking to a group of about 20 people I really did not know.
  • FluffySandwich
    edited May 2015
    Options

I do not recommend eating fast food and working out right after. I did that once and it was awful and I felt awful. I had chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and corn the other day and I waited three hours before working out.
    That's why I'm stalling. I thought about going straight down to work out, but I feel particularly full and a little bit ill. I'm probably going to go home for a bit and try coming back in a couple of hours. Seeing a movie tonight downtown (MAD MAX!!!), and the gym is pretty close to the theater anyway.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    The last frapp I had from Starbucks was the birthday cake one.

I usually just spend my giftcards on food and black coffee. I kinda want to pick up the s'mores tart I saw last time.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Awesome!

Indeed. She almost got Monroe killed. I simply cannot forgive that.

Agreed! I felt bad for her at first, but then, when she went into full on psycho mode, I was done. No more. Nick should marry Adalind and raise their Grimm/Hexenbiest baby out of Portland.

I don't really WANT Nick to marry Adalind, I just don't want him back with Juliette.