Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I made my second mock dough creation on Saturday & ate all of it last night & put the calories in the next 7 days LOL!

It didn't taste exactly like cookie dough, but it was pretty tasty for having chickpeas in it.

I wonder if it's the same one I tried? Oats, peanut butter, chickpeas, maple syrup, chocolate chips? I hated it :'( So not worth the calories to me! I'd rather spend 2000 calories on real cookie dough than that wasted 500... ;)

My confession: My husband had a terrible health scare on Saturday, right before a major exam, and we ended up in the ER for the better part of the morning. As an anxiety sufferer, I've always hidden behind my husband and he's always been my pillar of strength, and having him go down that way was one of the most terrifying things I've ever experienced. I was in a weird, robotic numb state for the last two days--I assume it was the aftershock hitting me.

My calories have been all over the place and I haven't logged at all--I just couldn't seem to make myself care about that in between worrying about him and trying to take care of him and dealing with my mother in law, who's been panicking since it happened (he's better now). And now that I've recovered from the shock, I can't seem to pull myself back together. :(
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Wow! This is completely commendable of you and very selfless. I don't know many 25 year olds that would take this on. It's ok and completely normal to be frustrated at times. I just want to give you a big hug. Is there anyone else that can help you?

Aww thankyou! I never really give it a second thought. You hear all of these horror stories about the way older people get treat in care homes so I want her to be at home and comfortable in her own surroundings for as long as possible. She was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer a few months ago and they have decided not to operate because it would be too big of an operation with how advanced her dementia is, even more of a motivation to keep her at home with me where I know she's cared for. My auntie (her daughter) helps out as much as she can and my younger sister does too but they both work full time. She has another daughter who lives 5 minutes away, hasn't done a days work in her life and we see her once a month for 20 minutes if we're lucky. My mother's agoraphobic and none of us have seen her for years so there's no help from her either.

I got in touch with a charity called Crossroads and they send out a carer four days a week in the morning for two hours. It's sad when you have to rely on a charity when there's other family that could be helping but Crossroad's have been amazing. I think as it does get harder I might have to look into getting more support but I resent the fact my Grandma will have to pay for it out of her own pocket. It's the mental side of it that I find hard. Sometimes I'm frustrated to the point of tears trying to get her to co-operate with me.

Phew heavy stuff!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the tanktinis I've seen at Target. Been meaning to pick up some swimwear myself

I wish more stores had retro looking one pieces like Marilyn Monroe & Jayne Mansfield wore or high waisted bikinis.

I found a super cute high waist bikini at Walmart of all places, it was the ONLY one they had left and it fit me perfectly! I can now go on my beach vacation in two weeks! YAY!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok, everyone.... WHICH EXERCISE MACHINE SHOULD I USE AT THE GYM? I'm staying away from the weights for now... thinking about going over there with the bulky guys gives me severe anxiety. What's your favorite cardio machine to use?

As for a confession... I always work on Sundays. Today I went in and saw someone was already working in my place. Apparently I wasn't on the schedule today, probably by mistake. I definitely was not going to complain, and planned to spend the whole day out in the sun after going back to my apartment and grabbing a book. As soon as I got there, I was overcome with a wave of fatigue and had to fight sleep before practically kicking myself out of my apartment hours later. Now I'm a bit better... but what is up with that? I'm so tired of being sleepy all the time. I waste way too many days... and I'm only 21 years old. How am I going to be in ten years?

Here's to hoping exercising regularly will help.

Exercise will definitely help but try taking liquid b12. Someone mentioned it earlier and I can attest that taking it regularly does help with energy. I mostly run on the treadmill. I am one of those people who like the treadmill. I like to watch TV and zone out.
    Thanks! I think I'm going to try it out. I'm just sick of being in a constant state of exhaustion!

And running on the treadmill while watching TV sounds like it would make working out a lot more fun. I want to invest in getting a treadmill or elliptical to put in my apartment, but I'm scared of annoying my downstairs neighbors. I do have a tiny stationary bike, but it doesn't feel like it works as well as I would like. I don't break out into a sweat until about 30 minutes in! And even then it's barely a sweat! My shirt from the gym today hardly had any dry spots. I feel pretty gross, but I haven't felt this good about myself in a long while. :) I need to make this into a habit.

If you have downstairs neighbors skip the treadmill. I never lived below anyone before until I bought my condo and I can attest it's really annoying. I swear my upstairs neighbors keep their kids locked up all day and release them periodically to run maniacally over my head. Totally annoying. Thank god I am rarely home at any kind of a decent hour when small kids would be awake. I will never live under anyone again.
    Hahaha, I thought so! The couple above us just moved out, which I'm thankful for... because our bedroom was obviously below theirs and things could be... very... awkward. :confounded:

Do any of you wax your legs? I bought a waxing kit and I'm hating it and the world. It made me realize that I suppose I don't deal with pain very well. It hurts and it never gets all of the hairs, and now the part of my leg that I waxed is sore and very red. No fun at all. Should I stick with shaving or is there a way to make this better? :(

I get my arm pits waxed and brazillians I love it they're such life savers!! Legs, just stick to shaving those as I can't afford to have them waxed all the time and there is no way in hell I'd wax myself!

Haha I got my armpits waxed once. Holy ingrown hairs. Never again... I still get them with shaving, but much less (and yeah that's using scrubbing gloves all the time).

I keep saying that if I win the lottery the first thing I'll do is laser hair removal... then a tummy tuck. But I can't justify spending $10k for that (and I did spend $3k to have my teeth fixed, but it was getting necessary as food was getting stuck in there all the time). At least nobody seems my horrible belly, well except my husband. I'm not sure I'd like a scar more anyway...

I'm seriously considering having my armpits lasered. because I can no longer see what I'm shaving in the shower thanks to presbyopia. Or maybe I should just take my reading glasses in there with me? Lol.

I'd do it if I knew it was absolutely permanent but I've heard that there will sometimes be regrowth years later.
    Agreed on the lasering. There are always good Groupons for it, so it's tempting, but I've also heard than you can spend thousands and it may come back at some point.

I shave my armpits by feel, not by sight!

I hate shaving my armpits since losing weight! They're so sunken in now that at times it's a real struggle to even shave them.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I confess, I want to STRANGLE and/or SET ON FIRE one particular coworker who was supposed to relieve me but called in sick. Now I have to work a mandatory 8 hours of overtime. So now I am pulling a GLORIOUS 16 hour shift, after which, I get to go home and sleep for exactly(I hope) 6.5 hours before coming back to work my regular shift again.

His illness you ask? Why it is a mere chronic condition known as DIABETES that he has been told by MULTIPLE doctors and nurses(including the ones we have on staff) how to manage and he just REFUSES to do so.

Honestly, I don't think he even ACTUALLY had a blood sugar spike. I think he just woke up late and thought "Since I'm late I might as well just call in and not show up altogether."
    Something about the words to our supervisor made me think this. The phrase was: "Oh well my blood sugar is a little high and I just don't feel like coming in today." I almost wish he hadn't had it on speakerphone...
    I can not STAND people who choose to not manage their illnesses or those who chose to use a chronic illness as an excuse.

My dog had dreams of going for a walk today. Will that happen? Nope. I had plans of a glorious workout before coming in to work tomorrow. Will THAT happen? Nope.

I knew stuff like this would happen when I took this job. Mandatory overtime. Fine. But the fact that it has happened 4 times in the 3 months I have been here? Not cool. That is just counting the times it has happened to ME and we haven't had doubles going(two people working the same shift, at the same campus, on the same day). This has also happened to the 2 other night shift PSOs.

Our own sergeant is wondering why he still has a job because he doesn't even meet expectations on his evaluations, but the system wont fire him.

I would rather work all 12 hour shifts and only get ONE day off a week if it meant his termination. I don't mind working the extra hours as long as I am well informed beforehand and can plan accordingly.

WOW
    You should just be glad you are not the one dealing with the diabetes......for you to call it a 'mere' condition alone tells me how uneducated you are on the matter.....I could write you a novel on all the problems and complications it causes but let's just cut to the chase and say it kills people. DIABETES KILLS PEOPLE.

And yes, I am well aware that I am judging this post, but seriously, how could you not.....

I called it a chronic condition and I am fully aware that diabetes kills people.

My grandmother was diabetic, as was my Aunt Cathy and elevated glucose is not a reason to not get out of bed. It's a reason to adjust insulin and diet and get up and get moving. Lying in bed will not get the circulation to your extremities to help reduce the damage from elevated glucose.

My father is diabetic and my sister was recently diagnosed with diabetes and is already having kidney problems at the age of 24. I know the damage it can cause if it is not managed properly.

The difference between he and I is that if I had diabetes, I would DEAL with my diabetes. He is not dealing with it or attempting to manage it. If he were, then maybe he would get some sympathy. As it is, he is a lazy person who doesn't really want to work, complains when he receives feedback about how he doesn't do any work, and refuses to change his habits or adjust his attitude.

I'm sorry but he will get no sympathy from me just because he has a chronic condition that he refuses to even ATTEMPT to manage.

ETA: Setting him on fire would also kill him...

I agree with you on both points in your post:
    1. Yes, he could manage his diabetes and chooses not to. Unacceptable. I can relate because my mom does the same thing and then wants us all to stop our lives to be her caregiver. Nope. She refuses to change her diet or be active at all.
    2. Like I said in a previous response, I also get the job side of it because my youngest son does the same thing you do. The mandatory over time and being required to pull double shifts and still be on time for your next shift sucks. Yes, it's good to have a secure job and an option to make extra money, but you are also allowed to vent and complain about it just like the rest of us do.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    paulaviki wrote: »
    Ok, everyone.... WHICH EXERCISE MACHINE SHOULD I USE AT THE GYM? I'm staying away from the weights for now... thinking about going over there with the bulky guys gives me severe anxiety. What's your favorite cardio machine to use?

As for a confession... I always work on Sundays. Today I went in and saw someone was already working in my place. Apparently I wasn't on the schedule today, probably by mistake. I definitely was not going to complain, and planned to spend the whole day out in the sun after going back to my apartment and grabbing a book. As soon as I got there, I was overcome with a wave of fatigue and had to fight sleep before practically kicking myself out of my apartment hours later. Now I'm a bit better... but what is up with that? I'm so tired of being sleepy all the time. I waste way too many days... and I'm only 21 years old. How am I going to be in ten years?

It is true that regular exercise does give you more energy. But I've always felt like that, and ended up having some blood tests for a different reason (I was always thirsty). Turns out I had an underactive thyroid and B12 deficiency.

So as much as I hate the constant advice on here telling people they might have a thyroid problem if they can't lose weight, in this case I think it would be worth you having this checked if you haven't already.

I'm 32 and finally I'm not always falling asleep after work. It's so great.
    My boyfriend's mother thought I might have an underactive thyroid. Last time I got my bloodwork done, they didn't find anything that much out of the ordinary, except a greater than normal amount of bilirubin. I was prescribed melatonin as a teenager because I couldn't stop falling asleep in class, no matter how hard I tried (I once brought a bottle of water and would literally splash my face with it... didn't work). I also had low iron during that time. Maybe it's time for me to pay the doctor a visit :confounded:

Cardio machine - I did the elliptical for a while but since my gym put Solitaire on the treadmills, I'm back to that... I can't run anyway, so I just walk at 3.5mph (fairly fast for my height) and increase the incline progressively... 8% for an hour is relatively easy for me now. I did 9% last week but my calves have been screaming since, so I'll try again next week...
    I can't run either. More like... I'm scared to run. Have always been bad at it. I ended up doing 45 minutes of walking up the treadmill at about 3.5 MPH on a steep incline. I was sweating buckets, but it felt liberating. Then 15 minutes of stairmaster and 10 of cardiowave. About two years ago I was able to spend up to 3 hours (yes, I seriously did that one time) on the cardiowave. This time 10 minutes made me feel like I was dying. Urgh.
    How is your iron? My 19 yo daughter has really low iron and she's constantly exhausted.
    ETA: oops - sorry, I can't read. Sounds like it could be your iron.
    Honestly, it still probably is low. Haven't checked it in a while. I'm bad about eating things with iron. I never crave meat, for one thing... and if I had my way I would live off of fruit and bread :confounded: I'm pretty sure bread has iron, though not sure how much... isn't there a way to add iron to my daily MFP goals?

Well you can add it but a lot of people don't add it to their entries so I don't know how accurate it's going to be if you're using random entries.

Make sure to take a multivitamin too... it helps.

Or liquid iron. I buy it off Amazon. Cinnamon flavored. (No constipation problems with the liquid)

I have acceptable-but-barely iron and love cinnamon. I think you just made my day.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Yesterday morning's thread got pretty intense.

Exercise will definitely help but try taking liquid b12. Someone mentioned it earlier and I can attest that taking it regularly does help with energy. I mostly run on the treadmill. I am one of those people who like the treadmill. I like to watch TV and zone out.
    Thanks! I think I'm going to try it out. I'm just sick of being in a constant state of exhaustion!

And running on the treadmill while watching TV sounds like it would make working out a lot more fun. I want to invest in getting a treadmill or elliptical to put in my apartment, but I'm scared of annoying my downstairs neighbors. I do have a tiny stationary bike, but it doesn't feel like it works as well as I would like. I don't break out into a sweat until about 30 minutes in! And even then it's barely a sweat! My shirt from the gym today hardly had any dry spots. I feel pretty gross, but I haven't felt this good about myself in a long while. :) I need to make this into a habit.

If you have downstairs neighbors skip the treadmill. I never lived below anyone before until I bought my condo and I can attest it's really annoying. I swear my upstairs neighbors keep their kids locked up all day and release them periodically to run maniacally over my head. Totally annoying. Thank god I am rarely home at any kind of a decent hour when small kids would be awake. I will never live under anyone again.
    Hahaha, I thought so! The couple above us just moved out, which I'm thankful for... because our bedroom was obviously below theirs and things could be... very... awkward. :confounded:

Do any of you wax your legs? I bought a waxing kit and I'm hating it and the world. It made me realize that I suppose I don't deal with pain very well. It hurts and it never gets all of the hairs, and now the part of my leg that I waxed is sore and very red. No fun at all. Should I stick with shaving or is there a way to make this better? :(
    I think it's really hard to do it yourself because it hurts so much. Do you have a masochistic friend who would enjoy doing it for you?

I got waxed ONCE and only once. It was a few days before going on vacation and I had a full leg and bikini wax. The actual process was pretty mortifying because I had a Brazilian (NO idea why I did that), although the lower legs hurt more than that area. Anyway, over the next 24 hours every hair follicle turned into a tiny pustule so that on vacation I looked like an infected and recently plucked chicken. Not sexy, or hot weather friendly. Also the leg hair started growing back 3 days after the waxing so I felt like a hairy freak.

I do know people who swear by it though, but I think it depends on the person. I am able to successfully wax my 'stache - I have to hold onto the bathroom counter when I whip the strip off, but I've got used to it now.

I had that done years ago - my first time it was so painful I couldn't finish it. I guess I have really sensitive skin because not only was it painful, it bled quite a bit. I also had the pustules and it looked like plucked chicken. I tried it a couple more times (for my ex rather than for me) and it did get a bit better especially if I took a Tylenol before hand. I haven't done it since, not worth the time, money, or pain.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I am worried about my degu......he is old and alone. He is almost six years old and I have noticed a massive decrease in the amount he has been eating over the last two weeks (a bowl of food that normally would have lasted him four days still has a bit of food in it 12 days later)......and tonight I was snuggling with him and he was really skinny.....I am really sad thinking about the worse right now......his brother died about 11 months in and I had to force feed him for almost a month to get his out of his depression......since then he has been babied by me....I push him into the living room every morning and leave the TV on for him, and at night he comes into my bedroom and sometimes in the morning he lays in bed with me for a few hours cuddling.....I know he is old, but I don't wanna lose him :(
    Ohh, sorry about that. We lost one of my son's little gerbils last year and she went just like that. I think it was cancer. Sounds like your guy may just be really sad. Would getting him a friend help, or does it not work like that with degus?

He has been on his own for almost five years, so he would not tolerate another animal in his cage. At the time his brother died, we thought about getting more, but were advised that we would have to get four more, as they come in pairs, and if you have three, one tends to get singled out and picked on....and five degu was a bit much, so we just decided to raise him alone and I made sure he got lots of contact. I fed him lots of extra treats last night after I posted, he ate most of them. He is still eating and drinking, just not as much, and has had a noticeable weight loss. I just gotta watch him closely for a bit....I am worried though.....

Oh I am so sorry. I don't know what a degu is but will have to look it up. Can you take him to a vet!

I have taken him to the vet before (spend a small fortune on the one that died), but unless he shows serious signs of illness and needs to be put down, I do not think it would do anything.....I am just gonna make sure I spend extra time with him and try and encourage him to eat. I even have stuff I could use to force feed him, but I do not think that is the right thing to do this time as he is still eating and drinking, just getting old....
    I think that's a wise decision. Hope you can keep him happy and comfortable.

Me too! Poor baby. This is why I no longer have pets. I'm overly emotional about them.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    I only logged about 800 calories yesterday (on purpose, because my doctor made me, I now hate him) and all of it was juice and broth. MFP didn't warn me or anything, it was just like "in 5 weeks you will have lost 25 lbs!" For a second, I felt like the computer was judging me - like "Good job! You should probably eat this way every Sunday, fatty!" I don't care what my computer thinks though. Screw him.

I just about choked on the water I was drinking while reading this.

Hope the doc's advice was worth it! (and nothing serious!)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I love wine, but it packs SO MANY calories. I cannot seem to cut it out. I love to have a couple glasses in the evening, but I noticed my weight has increased since I have been having wine on a regular basis.

I changed from strawberry margaritas (with salt) to wine, because wine is so much lower in calories and sodium (compared to the margaritas!). I love me some wine!

My confession- it takes at least 2 glasses of wine for me to feel any effects at all. I guess I have a high alcohol tolerance. I was hoping that by losing weight (65 lbs+), I'd be more of a lightweight when it comes to alcohol, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference at all.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    I've finally caught up. It's only taken me forever!

Some confessions -
    1. On the subject of shoplifting, I was caught doing it with a friend when I was 11. We only used to steal little things like lipglosses etc. One day we got brave and filled a carrier bag up with face masks, foot scrubs and chocolate and got caught by an undercover security guard. I never dared steal anything again after that! I also ran away from a restaurant without paying with the same friend when I was that age.

2. I'm also a member of the alcoholic parent club. My mam was a massive drinker when I was younger and it came before everything else. She used to lie in bed and sleep all day, get up at about 8pm and stay up all through the night. Me and my younger sister basically had to fend for ourselves. We went into foster care when I was 14.

3. Growing up my Grandma was a huge maternal figure in my life and the person I would turn to for anything. She was diagnosed with Dementia around 4 and a half years ago and is in quite the later stages now. I'm caring for her full time. I get a break over the weekends and for 2 hours in the morning on the week days (which is when I usually go to the gym!) I can't bare the thought of her going into a home but at the same time I am finding the role of full time carer both physically and mentally draining at times. She needs help with getting washed, dressed, toileting, is very restless through the night and can't be left alone under any circumstances because of safety reasons meaning it's hard for me to make plans as there always has to be someone here to watch her. I love my Grandma more than anyone in the world and she was always there for me growing up so I want to be there for her now. I feel guilty sometimes when I get frustrated.

4. I'm almost 25 and I still haven't figured out what I want to do with my life. I studied Journalism at University but it wasn't really for me. I'm so jealous of people who have ambition and know what they want to be from a young age.

You are a saint. My grandmother has had dementia for several years now and is in a home. Compared to you, I feel like an aweful person as I haven't gone to see her in about 3 years and her home is only 20 minutes from where I live. It is so hard to go see her when she doesn't know who I am anymore (and not just b/c I haven't seen her). I used to spend most of my summers with her and we did all sorts of crafts. She was the best practical joker. Good job for taking on that responsibility; you should not feel guilty for being frustrated.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    It might just be my sleep deprivation but @Italian_Buju seems to read a large portion of what I post in a negative light. Therefore, I will go ahead and abandon this thread forthwith.
    Maintaining an ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT thread is difficult, but I am glad I was able to participate and glad it at least lasted over 600 pages. :smile:

I'm still at least 5 pages behind, but I hope you don't leave! I like you both and learn so much from all the different opinions and perspectives here. But, if you decide that is best for you, I understand.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    It's my birthday weekend (Monday) and I am trying to not go off the rails. Last night I went to the grocery and got a pint of greek frozen yogurt & Fiber One bars some but man oh man did I want a LARGE 8pm 1/2 price Sonic shake.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :p

Thanks! Still haven't got around to that Sonic shake but I did crush a half gal of sherbet over the weekend. Oh and I had a nice cheesesteak yesterday. Soo good.

I was in downtown Philadelphia this weekend and didn't get a cheesesteak. I think I take it for granted sometimes.

I did have fantastic corned beef hash though!
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I really want to bake cookies or something but we don't have an electric mixer at the house. I feel like if I'm going to take the time and energy to bake things other people would presumably want to take, I shouldn't have to spend my money on one not matter how cheap.

Haven't done it for years, but I used to make double batches of chocolate chip cookies - by hand, no mixer. Quite an arm workout!

Also, love the new profile pic!

My chocolate chip cookies always turn out better when I mix by hand than with my mixer (which I love and was the best gift my hubby gave me). Otherwise, I end up over mixing the cookie batter and they turn out flat
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    4. I'm almost 25 and I still haven't figured out what I want to do with my life. I studied Journalism at University but it wasn't really for me. I'm so jealous of people who have ambition and know what they want to be from a young age.

I personally would consider yourself lucky you don't know what you want to be, because everything becomes a possibility. From about 15 I was told by various teachers I would be a good Interior Designer, I ended up doing Interior Design at Uni and came out with a 2:1. My teacher said it should have been a 1st but I ran out of time by about a week. I fell in love with Interior Design and Architecture. I spent just short of a year applying for jobs. I sent over 250 CV's with a CD of my work (Yes I bought 250 CDs!) and I didn't get one sniff, nothing, not even an interview. I went back to uni to speak to my teacher about it and she said unfortunately you have to have connections to get into the industry. Dream over. I was devastated. Now I'm a miserable administrator and I gained 3 stone through eating to make myself feel better! It has taken me 2 years since I left uni and I think I have just got over it. But I now consider going to university the biggest mistake I ever made. Above smoking. Above gaining 3 stone in weight. Above everything.
    You don't need to know what you want to be in life, be happy with who you are right now. :smile:

I went to college for biochemistry but ended up switching to biology, and planned to go into research - all because I was "so great" at science. You need ridiculous amounts of experience to get into a "good" company, so I ended up in a mostly data entry position at a medical company. I ended up working my way into a technical area to get more experience so I could move on.

I'm now supervising that technical area and working on an MBA in Health Care Management because I LOVE the administrative/helping patients aspect of what I do, and want to move out of the lab into something closer to the front line. So, while undergrad got me here, it's going to be basically meaningless on the back end.

Great example: Our VP of Finance has an MBA in finance...and a Bachelor's in British Literature. Ha!
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You are a saint. My grandmother has had dementia for several years now and is in a home. Compared to you, I feel like an aweful person as I haven't gone to see her in about 3 years and her home is only 20 minutes from where I live. It is so hard to go see her when she doesn't know who I am anymore (and not just b/c I haven't seen her). I used to spend most of my summers with her and we did all sorts of crafts. She was the best practical joker. Good job for taking on that responsibility; you should not feel guilty for being frustrated.

I'm definitely not a saint. Believe me I've snapped a fair few times. You shouldn't feel like an awful person. It's a really hard thing to deal with. It's one of the most awful diseases and it's so hard to see someone deteriorate in front of you. I don't think my Grandma knows who I am sometimes but it's funny because she calls everyone my name! Ah thankyou.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    OMG you people, seriously, I have 1 Friday off and you guys fill up 10 pages (so far)! I keep looking at the date of the posts and thinking "nope, still Friday" I'm up to page 603 and I still have 11 pages to go! So I'm doing a half way confession and then I will continue.

I had Friday off work to go to the burial of the last half of my SO's nan. I say last half, because the poor woman's ashes was split in half, 1 half is buried with her husband and the other half has been split into THREE for each of her children and then they are spreading her in all the places they think she would like to be. I'm sorry but I personally would hate this to happen to my ashes. I can't help but think "what if I need those bits later?" you don't know what happens after, you might need the other half. So yea, then we went to the pub and I had a very healthy superfood pasta salad followed by a not so healthy carrot cake and many, many beers. And then that theme carried on throughout the weekend. BUT I did a lot of walking so on balance I don't think it was toooo bad.

SO as a bonny girl from Great Britain, I am very upset about the lack of different flavour Starbucks Frapps going on. I feel I'm missing out greatly.
    I'm joining the line to see Terry Pratchett and Jack the Ripper in the afterlife.
    I can't eat raw onion, the flavour stays in my mouth for the rest of the day.
    I don't know what a
    peanut buster parfait
    or a
    brownie chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard
    is but I want BOTH
    @rungirl1973 - that dress looks AMAZING on you, I definitely think you should wear it. Often.
    @quiksylver296 - I hope your run went well! (I'm sure I will find out when I continue reading :smile: )
    And I've completely lost track of all the other things I wanted to reply to.

PB Parfait
    7cdhoyfqktar.jpg

Cookie Dough Blizzard (just add brownie pieces)
    aaxvfliqqtw8.jpg

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Just checking in.

Got accused of "checking out" at my current job, even though I was working harder and longer than everyone else that has the same director as me. Must be nice to leave early on a friday afternoon, I might be coming down with a flu that's going to really take a hold friday and tuesday.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    You are a credit to yourself and your gran, what a fantastic attitude to have. Very humbling.

With regard to this - you remind me of my cousin. He was miserable working in banking, and suddenly lost his mother. This meant he had to organise care of his father who had a stroke many years ago and needs similar care to your gran. Given that his mum went so suddenly there was no planning in place, and inconveniently his fathers name was still on their tenancy etc.

Long story short, he went through hell trying to get control of his fathers affairs and trying to get him into the right sort of care.

This all served him well though, as he now works for the local authority in their social services dept, looking after elderly people in similar situations as he/his father went through.

He absolutely loves his job, and wouldnt be as good at it, or rewarded by it, had he not gone through the experiences he did.

I wonder if there is a future for you in care? Or working with providing the right support for carers etc?
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    OMG you people, seriously, I have 1 Friday off and you guys fill up 10 pages (so far)! I keep looking at the date of the posts and thinking "nope, still Friday" I'm up to page 603 and I still have 11 pages to go! So I'm doing a half way confession and then I will continue.

I had Friday off work to go to the burial of the last half of my SO's nan. I say last half, because the poor woman's ashes was split in half, 1 half is buried with her husband and the other half has been split into THREE for each of her children and then they are spreading her in all the places they think she would like to be. I'm sorry but I personally would hate this to happen to my ashes. I can't help but think "what if I need those bits later?" you don't know what happens after, you might need the other half. So yea, then we went to the pub and I had a very healthy superfood pasta salad followed by a not so healthy carrot cake and many, many beers. And then that theme carried on throughout the weekend. BUT I did a lot of walking so on balance I don't think it was toooo bad.

SO as a bonny girl from Great Britain, I am very upset about the lack of different flavour Starbucks Frapps going on. I feel I'm missing out greatly.
    I'm joining the line to see Terry Pratchett and Jack the Ripper in the afterlife.
    I can't eat raw onion, the flavour stays in my mouth for the rest of the day.
    I don't know what a
    peanut buster parfait
    or a
    brownie chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard
    is but I want BOTH
    @rungirl1973 - that dress looks AMAZING on you, I definitely think you should wear it. Often.
    @quiksylver296 - I hope your run went well! (I'm sure I will find out when I continue reading :smile: )
    And I've completely lost track of all the other things I wanted to reply to.

PB Parfait
    7cdhoyfqktar.jpg

Cookie Dough Blizzard (just add brownie pieces)
    aaxvfliqqtw8.jpg

Yup, definitely want both. Got myself a tube of Jaffa Cakes instead because they are on special. :smile: