Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    K
    Not a confession but a rant: my diet has been good for the last few weeks and I've worked out like a *kitten*. My reward? Nada nothing nyet. Not a single lb lost :( I know weight loss isn't linear but it could've thrown me a motivational bone

*breathes* must not binge away disappointed feelings

Keep at it - it'll be worth it in the end (says she who accidently puts too much Nutella on the toast for her sons & "has" to lick it. I know... I know.)

To confirm - lick the spoon, not the toast.

Good thing you confirmed... I was wondering for a second there!
  • sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I gave myself free reign to eat and not exercise while I had a cousin staying - there was a lot of standing in lines (that burns calories, right?) and eating churros and lactose free icecream.

I've maintained my weight and that has made me super pissy.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'll be disciplined enough to keep doing my biofeedback work while I'm at IAFC next month.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I love so many of these dresses! Anyone know how UK or Canada sizing translates to US? I think UK is 4 more, but don't know about Canada...

US and Canada sizes are the same. I believe UK is 4 larger (well, 2, because they jump by even numbers.
    I love so many of these dresses! Anyone know how UK or Canada sizing translates to US? I think UK is 4 more, but don't know about Canada...

I'm a 10 or 12 usually in the states and a 14-16 in the uk
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I have such a long day ahead of me....been up an hour already.....off to work for ten hours and then have to go shopping at several stores.....is it 9pm yet? That is about the time I am estimating I will get to sit down for the night and have dinner.....
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Not a confession but a rant: my diet has been good for the last few weeks and I've worked out like a *kitten*. My reward? Nada nothing nyet. Not a single lb lost :( I know weight loss isn't linear but it could've thrown me a motivational bone

*breathes* must not binge away disappointed feelings

This was me this morning! Been 'good' (I hate that word in relation to losing weight) all week - exercised, below calories - and nothing, not 1 sodding pound off! And I'm fat enough that this weight should be shifting easier than that! Also fighting the urge to binge away disappointed feelings!

• TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    *edited for blanking because LOL you got the filthy info as long as you could
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I sometimes check the "missed connections" section of Craigslist in my area in the secret hope that someone will post about seeing me, thinking that I was cute, and wishing that they'd talked to me. It's silly, I know, and if anyone actually did post anything that I thought was about me, I'd never answer. But still...

I blame all the romantic comedies that I'm hopelessly addicted to. :)

One morning I was walking from the train to work and a man asked me if I wanted to get coffee. I turned him down, I was not interested in him, I have a boyfriend, it was before 8am and I needed to get to work. But this lead to a discussion of ways we'd been asked out, my personal favourite was when someone wrote his email address in a book I was about to buy after starting talking in the bookshop. But a girl I worked with had had a message, not on Craigslist, but in a magazine or paper, saying you were the girl in the robot t-shirt, I was the guy talking to you... She didn't contact him! I thought having been the subject of one of these was pretty cool though.

Awww...:) Yeah, that's the kind of thing I would love to have happen to me someday. The closest I ever came was a guy approaching me to tell me that he couldn't help but notice...that my shirt was on inside out. :/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I sometimes check the "missed connections" section of Craigslist in my area in the secret hope that someone will post about seeing me, thinking that I was cute, and wishing that they'd talked to me. It's silly, I know, and if anyone actually did post anything that I thought was about me, I'd never answer. But still...

I blame all the romantic comedies that I'm hopelessly addicted to. :)

One morning I was walking from the train to work and a man asked me if I wanted to get coffee. I turned him down, I was not interested in him, I have a boyfriend, it was before 8am and I needed to get to work. But this lead to a discussion of ways we'd been asked out, my personal favourite was when someone wrote his email address in a book I was about to buy after starting talking in the bookshop. But a girl I worked with had had a message, not on Craigslist, but in a magazine or paper, saying you were the girl in the robot t-shirt, I was the guy talking to you... She didn't contact him! I thought having been the subject of one of these was pretty cool though.

Awww...:) Yeah, that's the kind of thing I would love to have happen to me someday. The closest I ever came was a guy approaching me to tell me that he couldn't help but notice...that my shirt was on inside out. :/

Two guys have approached me, one when I was 17 and when I was 19. The first one was impressive, I was walking with a friend and he told me he was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, honestly I figured it was some kind of joke and turned him down, it was just so odd. Second one was in the subway and he was probably 10 years older than me or something... It's actually sorta annoying when it happens and I would have a hard time going through with it.

My confession is that it's still pretty nice when that happens, lol!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    tiona83 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I feel like a loser because I don't ever really have any GOOD confessions for this oh, so worthy thread, but here goes.

Confession 1: I packed an awesome lunch today and wanted to devour it before 11 this morning. I don't take lunch until 1. I managed to make it until noon, but now I'm sad because my food is over. I often get sad when my food is over.

Confession 2: I totally had Dr. Pepper last night with my Auntie Anne's pretzel bites and didn't log it. Oops. >:)

My youngest (8) has a bad habit of taking bites out of her lunch why she packs it. The school policy is no junk food (crisps/chips, chocolate, cookies/biscuits) so it's not like it's something sweet. Came down stairs yesterday and she had half her sandwich gone. This was after her breakfast.

Errrrr, what?! How is that even enforced and why? I'm all for encouraging healthy habits, but this seems a bit extreme.

My children's school is the same. I'm used to it now.

my kids school does this too. sort of. The meal must be "balanced" so you cant send a bag of chips and a can of pop and call it lunch. You can send a snack sized bag of chips along with a sandwich and an apple.

If the lunch you packed is not a "balanced" lunch, they will give your child a sack lunch from the kitchen, which is a cheese sandwich on wholegrain bread, a fruit, a carton of milk, and a oatmeal cookie.

Then you get a nasty note about the inadequate lunch you packed. So that is how they enforce it. I know this because I asked the school at length about it.

My son has a sensory disorder, so basically his lunches are the same thing, everyday, with no variation. I was worried I would get nasty notes about it, but they assured me that was not the case! Thank goodness.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I confess that I just sent two Jehovah witnesses away this morning. First time I see them show up in this neighborhood... they started talking to me about out of control children nowadays, while my dog was barking at them through the screen, then my kid showed up and I appreciated the irony.

Got no time for that.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I confess that I just sent two Jehovah witnesses away this morning. First time I see them show up in this neighborhood... they started talking to me about out of control children nowadays, while my dog was barking at them through the screen, then my kid showed up and I appreciated the irony.

Got no time for that.

I confess, that one time when I was a teenager, my friends and I were high and invited the Jehovah's Witnesses in and asked them all sorts of questions while playing a Violent Femmes CD.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    lalabrucey wrote: »
    klexbrmf6e8a.png

Office Lunch and End of Financial Year Party - Uh Oh....

In my defence this is rare and I did bank calories/kilojoules to allow for most of it.... but before seeing it like this I never would have given it a seconds thought. This is my maintenance kilojoules (approx 7000) for two whole days!!

I don't know if I should be, but I'm impressed lol.
  • Francl27
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    klexbrmf6e8a.png

In my defence this is rare and I did bank calories/kilojoules to allow for most of it.... but before seeing it like this I never would have given it a seconds thought. This is my maintenance kilojoules (approx 7000) for two whole days!!

I was too, but it's kilojoules... it's only 3800 calories. I've done worse :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    klexbrmf6e8a.png

I was too, but it's kilojoules... it's only 3800 calories. I've done worse :p

I've done MUCH worse. 8000+ kcal kind of worse.
  • melanie899
    melanie899 Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    After having engrained in my brain in high school thanks to my Father, I suck in my gut all the time....on the couch, walking, everywhere...all the time.

Let's not forget about Mom....she used to call me 'Thunder Thighs'...

(Don't get me wrong, I love my parents)
  • Pipara
    Pipara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I confess that a previous confession in this thread made me turn the toilet paper around to the face the wall, just to see if my sister (who we're always teasing has slight OCD tendencies) will turn it back around :naughty:
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    my next door neighbor is a hoarder, he keeps it contained in his house and garage, it doesn't spill out into his yard. It took him a couple years to get his cedar shingle siding painted, which was kind of annoying and I try not to judge him. However, every now and then he likes to show me how sophisticated he is by blasting classical music like beethoven from his front porch.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I confess that while I only purchase organic produce and I avoid processed foods, I really, truly love Diet Coke. I do get the irony, but seeing a Diet Coke in the fridge first thing in the morning makes me indescribably happy.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    This won't end well...
    Cheat Days are Important!