Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Can a confession be a positive one? After 16 years of marriage I divorced. He was emotionally and verbally abusive and I didn't want our kids to think that was a normal or healthy relationship. He refused to even try to change. I asked for eight years for change. Just about a year after the divorce finalized I started dating my SO -a year ago this past February. I have not rushed. We are very similar and very compatible. In this time we have not fought. That is not to say we have not disagreed or gotten on each other's nerves. Just that we've dealt with these issues as adults and while showing each other respect. The "I love you " did not happen from me for 8 -10 months.

So I just realized today that we have something tender and sweet and wonderful and that I trust him to treat me in a loving and respectful manner no matter what is going on with him or his day. I realized that my SO is someone who I can see being a true life partner. We'll see if it goes there. I'll be ok no matter what. I'm the most healthy on all levels that I've been in many years. I'm in love with mySO and with my life.

I'm very far behind, but that is wonderful. Is it weird to say I'm proud of you? I feel like your story is a great success.

Thank you and thank ALL of you who have commented or even just thought good thoughts.

Thank you!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    It's my birthday weekend (Monday) and I am trying to not go off the rails. Last night I went to the grocery and got a pint of greek frozen yogurt & Fiber One bars some but man oh man did I want a LARGE 8pm 1/2 price Sonic shake.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :p

Thanks! Still haven't got around to that Sonic shake but I did crush a half gal of sherbet over the weekend. Oh and I had a nice cheesesteak yesterday. Soo good.

I've never been to Sonic, but I might have to make a trip soon & cannot go wrong with 1/2 shakes.

Cheesesteak is also yummy.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    sandryc79 wrote: »
    I bought 2 cases of sour watermelon peeps off of Amazon.com. heh. In my defense, I love them. They don't make them all year. And at 130 for a box they fit nicely into my dieting 1-2 times per week. I hid them so my friends can't judge me for my massive peep stash but my boyfriend knows and teases me.
    I still have five out of twenty-four Russell Stover eggs from my day-after-Easter discount splurge. I love being able to pull one out of my stash long after the holiday's over.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I made my second mock dough creation on Saturday & ate all of it last night & put the calories in the next 7 days LOL!

It didn't taste exactly like cookie dough, but it was pretty tasty for having chickpeas in it.

I wonder if it's the same one I tried? Oats, peanut butter, chickpeas, maple syrup, chocolate chips? I hated it :'( So not worth the calories to me! I'd rather spend 2000 calories on real cookie dough than that wasted 500... ;)

My confession: My husband had a terrible health scare on Saturday, right before a major exam, and we ended up in the ER for the better part of the morning. As an anxiety sufferer, I've always hidden behind my husband and he's always been my pillar of strength, and having him go down that way was one of the most terrifying things I've ever experienced. I was in a weird, robotic numb state for the last two days--I assume it was the aftershock hitting me.

My calories have been all over the place and I haven't logged at all--I just couldn't seem to make myself care about that in between worrying about him and trying to take care of him and dealing with my mother in law, who's been panicking since it happened (he's better now). And now that I've recovered from the shock, I can't seem to pull myself back together. :(

It might have been. Did you get your recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie? I made mine with chickpeas, brown sugar, peanut butter, baking powder, & salt. I found a recipe on Pinterest for another cookie dough I want to make, & this one actually resembles cookie dough.

Hoping your husband a speedy recovery.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    amykay9377 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Confession: I feel like I've lost more weight than I obviously have. Just went out to buy new running shorts but when I tried some on they looked bad. Very, very bad. I instead bought some capri-length leggings that didn't look great, but are at least *FUN* (stripy). Also got a new sports bra in a size that I've never been before (throwback to earlier in the thread!) I'm excited about that because it has a normal clasp rather than the pull-over your head type which are really hard to get off when you're all sweaty.

Yes! I love the sports bras with clasps. So much easier to get on and off.

I'm 10 pages behind, but ME TOO!!! It's a requirement in a sports bra now.

Yes. I'm slowly replacing my non claspies with the good ones.

What are the good ones?!

Ones that clasp in the back like a regular bra so you don't have to wrestle a tight, sweaty sports bra off over your head.

Ok... I thought all sports bras were like regular bras, lol.

I have this one. Haven't got any issue with it. It's pretty cheap too...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KFZGWA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have that one, it's pretty good, but I also have this one, and it's so much better - there is a flap in the front to adjust how tight you want the girls to be held in (super-tight for running, less tight for yoga or chillin')

http://www.amazon.com/Glamorise-Womens-Double-Layer-Custom-Control-Sport/dp/B00553XFN6/ref=cts_ap_1_fbt

Confession -

There is a Russell Stover Outlet store about 90 minutes from my house, and when we drive to Disney World, I always point to the billboard and say we should go there - but we never do. For the past 8 years, we've never gone. Driving back from my mom's house in New Port Richey, we saw the sign again, and decided to go.

BAD MOVE! I could hear Sammy Davis in my head when I walked in...

We walked out with $33 worth of candy... and most of it cost 29 cents a piece! I am the proud owner of a CASE of Russell Stover Maple Cream Eggs (that would be 36 of them).

Upside? They only have 140 or so calories, and it will satisfy my chocolate cravings better than a candy bar (at twice as many calories!)

Enjoy! (and ration)
    Several years ago we found ourselves in Fairfield CA and went on the (free and quite interesting) Jelly Belly factory tour. Left with 10 x 2lb bags of Belly Flops - the ones that don't quite make the grade. So yes, we drove home to Canada with 20lbs of Jelly Bellys.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I don't mind the scars on my ankle and shoulder at all. Actually, I'm kinda bummed at how much the shoulder scar has faded.

Scars ARE kind of badass!
    Agreed - scars are cool and interesting. I have to restrain myself from asking people about their scars because I know it's rude.

Scars are tattoos with better stories. We saw that tshirt a couple of weeks ago.

I have said this for years as well!

I confess that I like what Ron White says about tattoos:

"Tattoos are permanent stupidity bruises."

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I don't mind the scars on my ankle and shoulder at all. Actually, I'm kinda bummed at how much the shoulder scar has faded.

Agreed - scars are cool and interesting. I have to restrain myself from asking people about their scars because I know it's rude.

Scars are tattoos with better stories. We saw that tshirt a couple of weeks ago.

I wouldn't mind one, but I think I'd end up like this:
    yxvpn76rjkjh.gif

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Confession: I feel like I've lost more weight than I obviously have. Just went out to buy new running shorts but when I tried some on they looked bad. Very, very bad. I instead bought some capri-length leggings that didn't look great, but are at least *FUN* (stripy). Also got a new sports bra in a size that I've never been before (throwback to earlier in the thread!) I'm excited about that because it has a normal clasp rather than the pull-over your head type which are really hard to get off when you're all sweaty.

I need to know what brand and where you are getting them, I haven't found any
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I confess that I didn't go for a walk because I know my mom is supposed to call and she gets pissed off if I don't answer... except she's late and I would have time to go. And now I'm the one who's pissed off.

Can she call you on your cell? Then you can talk and walk! Unless you're a speed walker and don't like talking at the same time. That's how I am. But, if it's a leisurely walk then maybe you wouldn't have to wait.

She's calling from France so it would cost too much I think.

Confession - I went to the living room. My kids are now grounded... again. They never cleaned up what I asked them to clean up last week. So... back to being mean Mommy and not letting them do anything fun until they clean up. Which probably means nothing fun all week until I lose it next week end and put it all in the trash (which annoys me because it means that I end up cleaning up). Because my kids just never clean up and would rather cry and complain for hours than taking 20 minutes to clean up. Hoping my husband actually gets on board this time and doesn't let them ride their bikes or watch TV.

Confession - pissed off at my kids and husband again.

I think it's really awesome you are from France. I'm kind of jealous. As much as I love being an "American" (I put it in quotes because in reality we're all mutts) it bores me a lot of the time!

Native Americans being the exception of course.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Confession: I had no idea such a thing existed. I must go research this sorcery.

This is the first one I bought, which I really like. From the only store I ever shop at: http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FXT8F5A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • berlynnwall
    Options

What are the good ones?!

So far, I just have the ones I posted- but they are good! {http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FXT8F5A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1}
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

I need to know what brand and where you are getting them, I haven't found any

I buy everything in my life from Amazon.com. LOL. They have a great return policy.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options

What are the good ones?!

Ones that clasp in the back like a regular bra so you don't have to wrestle a tight, sweaty sports bra off over your head.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KFZGWA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have that one, it's pretty good, but I also have this one, and it's so much better - there is a flap in the front to adjust how tight you want the girls to be held in (super-tight for running, less tight for yoga or chillin')

http://www.amazon.com/Glamorise-Womens-Double-Layer-Custom-Control-Sport/dp/B00553XFN6/ref=cts_ap_1_fbt

Confession -

There is a Russell Stover Outlet store about 90 minutes from my house, and when we drive to Disney World, I always point to the billboard and say we should go there - but we never do. For the past 8 years, we've never gone. Driving back from my mom's house in New Port Richey, we saw the sign again, and decided to go.

We walked out with $33 worth of candy... and most of it cost 29 cents a piece! I am the proud owner of a CASE of Russell Stover Maple Cream Eggs (that would be 36 of them).

Upside? They only have 140 or so calories, and it will satisfy my chocolate cravings better than a candy bar (at twice as many calories!)

Enjoy! (and ration)
    Several years ago we found ourselves in Fairfield CA and went on the (free and quite interesting) Jelly Belly factory tour. Left with 10 x 2lb bags of Belly Flops - the ones that don't quite make the grade. So yes, we drove home to Canada with 20lbs of Jelly Bellys.

We live a little over an hour from MN's largest candy store. They are only open May through Oct. Every time I go to the Cities I have to stop for my youngest daughters (15 and 16). ;)
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    Smaller ladies - in my research just now, I found this clasp sports bra. It seems to mainly come in smaller sizes: http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Performance-Supernova-Enhance-Support/dp/B00J3B3JQE/ref=sr_1_12?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1431990378&sr=1-12&keywords=adidas+sports+bra
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    sandryc79 wrote: »
    I bought 2 cases of sour watermelon peeps off of Amazon.com. heh. In my defense, I love them. They don't make them all year. And at 130 for a box they fit nicely into my dieting 1-2 times per week. I hid them so my friends can't judge me for my massive peep stash but my boyfriend knows and teases me.

That reminds me. My ginormous bag of Cadbury mini eggs is still unopened in the top of the closet. (I had actually forgotten about them.)

You are more than welcome to ship them over to me in Ohio! :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I wouldn't mind one, but I think I'd end up like this:
    yxvpn76rjkjh.gif

Oh dear god I agree! I was a corrections officer for three years and I saw all kinds of hideous, horrible tattoos! I've thought about it but they're just not my thing I think after a year or so I'd get bored with whatever it was and want it off of me! This is not to say that I dislike them I think some people have really neat and amazing tattoos!

Ps I was watching Tattoo Nightmares at the gym today! Love that show!
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Lol. Yeah, I definitely have one "stupidity bruise" out of the six tattoos I have. A bit of "ragret" there. But overall, I prefer a quote that I read somewhere once: "The body is a temple, so why not decorate the walls?" ;)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

What are the good ones?!

Confession -

Enjoy! (and ration)

We live a little over an hour from MN's largest candy store. They are only open May through Oct. Every time I go to the Cities I have to stop for my youngest daughters (15 and 16). ;)

Ohhh... do I want to know? I'll be in MN at least twice more before October.

I won't google it. I don't need to know.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.

Sorry to hear this. Parenting is such a tough job. I hope the walk helped.