Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I confess that I am concerned with some of the judgment that is cropping up on our awesome NO JUDGMENT thread. Don't make me bake brownies again, people!
    Um, you smell funny and everyone else is stupid. Is that judgemental enough for you to get baking? No minty gunk in mine, thanks.

Sorry, it's minty gunk day. Maybe next time. :p
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I don't mind the scars on my ankle and shoulder at all. Actually, I'm kinda bummed at how much the shoulder scar has faded.

Scars ARE kind of badass!
    Agreed - scars are cool and interesting. I have to restrain myself from asking people about their scars because I know it's rude.

Scars are tattoos with better stories. We saw that tshirt a couple of weeks ago.

I have said this for years as well!

I confess that I like what Ron White says about tattoos:

"Tattoos are permanent stupidity bruises."

Lol. Yeah, I definitely have one "stupidity bruise" out of the six tattoos I have. A bit of "ragret" there. But overall, I prefer a quote that I read somewhere once: "The body is a temple, so why not decorate the walls?" ;)

Haha. Personally, I echo what LBuehrle said above - they're not for me, but I've seen tons of cool ones. No judgment here!

(1) My son had open heart surgery at 3 days and 3 years. He also had a feeding tube. He is in his teen years and looks like someone slashed him good and riddled him with bullets across the stomach while they were at it. I've always encouraged him to be proud of those scars -- they are why he lives!

(2) I LOVE my tattoos. They don't show unless I'm in a bikini (across the lower back and all the way up the left side.) I thought about them for a long time, chose my artists carefully, and I did it for me. I know some may judge me for it but its been 20 years since the first one and I have not had one second of regret. :smile: They are beautiful, they are very much fine art (the artists I chose were all good and at least one was a trained artist). They are actually four artists but look as if one person did them, all in the same style and theme and colors. There is no deep meaning to them but I really like them!

I had always wanted a tattoo and finally got one just before my 50th birthday. I got a Lily tattooed on the back of my right shoulder and I LOVE it! Bonus: my daughter is having a baby girl in late July and her name is going to be Lily!
    Aww, that's lovely. I love the name Lily.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am concerned with some of the judgment that is cropping up on our awesome NO JUDGMENT thread. Don't make me bake brownies again, people!
    Um, you smell funny and everyone else is stupid. Is that judgemental enough for you to get baking? No minty gunk in mine, thanks.

You can double the mint in mine
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Please do! I won't miss out on them this time. And I 100% agree with the judgement being evident in this thread. I don't want it to go away, so let's burn the judgy pants, shall we?!

If everyone tells a judgemental lie, will they be a liar, liar judgey pants on fire? *snort*

I confess, I have no idea what's wrong with me today, but I am PUMPED UP for some reason. Must be all those pull ups. ;)

You can do pull ups? That is my ultimate goal! That's amazing!

I can do ASSISTED pull-ups. Currently doing 80lbs, but man, do I struggle with that third set. Same for dips. Ha.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the scars on my ankle and shoulder at all. Actually, I'm kinda bummed at how much the shoulder scar has faded.

Agreed - scars are cool and interesting. I have to restrain myself from asking people about their scars because I know it's rude.

Scars are tattoos with better stories. We saw that tshirt a couple of weeks ago.

Love Ron white! But, I also love a well-done, well-placed tattoo. I think they can be beautiful and artistic. I have seen lots of badly done, not thought out ones as well. Now, those are the regrettable ones.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have two "prison" tattoos. One of them, my high school boyfriend talked me into putting a flower on my arm. I chickened out, so it looks like three dots (it was going to be a hibiscus, he was from Hawaii) - unfortunately, in some circles 3 dots is a gang tattoo. No one would ever believe I was in a gang though. I was 15, my mom about killed us.

The other one was a little star on my hip bone that my best friend and I got when we were 18 - her boyfriend did them. Seeing a pattern here? It actually looked really good (for a home tattoo), until I got pregnant with my first kid and gained weight. Now it looks awful, like a blurry mess.

I would love to get at least the one on my arm removed or covered. I'll have to wait until I'm at the size I'd like to be to do anything with my hip. I use these as a cautionary tale for my kids. Hopefully they will listen.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Muhahahah. Those brownie pics do nothing for me. I don't like mint, and I had some brownie bites on Sunday (part of my total piggy out at a brunch buffet).

I confess it's not even 11am yet and I only have 648 calories left for today. One of those days again. And I need to stay on track this week because I know I'm going to totally blow it on Memorial Day again and I need to bank calories for it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Smaller ladies - in my research just now, I found this clasp sports bra. It seems to mainly come in smaller sizes: http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Performance-Supernova-Enhance-Support/dp/B00J3B3JQE/ref=sr_1_12?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1431990378&sr=1-12&keywords=adidas+sports+bra

Victoria's Secret also has some really nice sports bras with clasps.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I wouldn't mind one, but I think I'd end up like this:
    yxvpn76rjkjh.gif

Oh dear god I agree! I was a corrections officer for three years and I saw all kinds of hideous, horrible tattoos! I've thought about it but they're just not my thing I think after a year or so I'd get bored with whatever it was and want it off of me! This is not to say that I dislike them I think some people have really neat and amazing tattoos!

Ps I was watching Tattoo Nightmares at the gym today! Love that show!

Me, too! I also like to see the cover-ups that the artists do. They are so amazing sometimes.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.

Sorry to hear! You are not a failure as a parent, and I'm also glad to see you took the walk rather than get ice cream. Success!
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Muhahahah. Those brownie pics do nothing for me. I don't like mint, and I had some brownie bites on Sunday (part of my total piggy out at a brunch buffet).

I confess it's not even 11am yet and I only have 648 calories left for today. One of those days again. And I need to stay on track this week because I know I'm going to totally blow it on Memorial Day again and I need to bank calories for it.

Mint is my secret weakness.
    Well I guess not so secret anymore
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I'm totally judging all this mint nonsense. Mint and chocolate do not belong together!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I've relapsed completely into bulimia.
    I was clean about 8 months.
    My total time bulimic is 7 years.
    I afraid of dying

I'm sorry to hear this, can you get professional help at all?
    8 months is a good run! I recently quit smoking, i'm on about 2 & half months and going well.
    I'm not particularly knowledgeable on ED's but is this something you could just dust yourself off and keep going? Consider it a little stumble, but get up smiling and carry on as you were?

This is good advice. Sorry for your struggles, but it doesn't mean you've failed. Just try again. Fear of death is extremely serious, though. Do you have a doctor or therapist you can see ASAP?

I tried getting help at my Uni and they basically said that my problems were a bit extensive for what they can do and asked if I could go somewhere else. I am graduating and moving in about 5 weeks though, and I don't want to start with a therapist then find a new one. I am going to reopen my bag of tricks and try what I learned before. I hope this works! Thanks so much for caring.

Well, what they SHOULD have done is refer you to someone immediately. If they don't have the experts to help, then by all means they should have a referral network! Sorry, that makes me unreasonably angry because so many people never seek out help and then those that do do not receive what they need.

I do understand the moving soon part of it. I sincerely hope a new start and a new therapist will help you put this chapter of your life behind you. You have your whole life in front of you! Others have overcome this and so can you.

<3 I am trying to do better. Best thing for me right now is drinking less frequently. I also went to see a doctor and told him about my physical health concerns and he readily did a few tests and made sure I am taking the right supplements to keep my electrolytes in check. Thank you for your concerns i rally really appreciate it.

Good for you! I know it's not easy, but just keep at it and feel free to vent here any time and also share your successes - big and small.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    @Alatariel75 :blush: It just needed to be said...

Confession #1: I couldn't leave the thread. There has been too much awesome support and too many valid discussions.

Confession #2: I totally judged @riinbale for their post. Sometimes it is not WHAT you say but HOW you say it and I feel they said it wrong.

Confession #3: I am happy to report that Dale, the diabetic at my job that I complained about earlier, will now be reporting to Kim(our main staff nurse) for regular monthly check ups and diet education as part of our Employee Health and Wellness and Early Intervention programs at the request of the lieutenant and the insistence of his own girlfriend. While it is not mandatory or remotely required for him to keep his job, I hope he takes full advantage of the opportunity and I am sincerely hoping for improvements in his health and job performance.

Super! Glad you didn't leave. I agree that tone in a post or email or any type of writing is important. Sometimes we (the writer) don't see it ourselves until it's too late.
    I also hope your co-worker takes advantage of the help. A lot of people don't have that and he could really benefit from it.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I'm totally judging all this mint nonsense. Mint and chocolate do not belong together!
    Except here...
    307x00av17gn.jpg

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Smaller ladies - in my research just now, I found this clasp sports bra. It seems to mainly come in smaller sizes: http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Performance-Supernova-Enhance-Support/dp/B00J3B3JQE/ref=sr_1_12?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1431990378&sr=1-12&keywords=adidas+sports+bra

Victoria's Secret also has some really nice sports bras with clasps.

agreed. I love the VS sports Bras.

As for brownies - I love them, esp with M&Ms in them. But I don't like the ones on the edge, I like the ones that are soft and come from the middle of the pan. I find that if you line the pan with parchment paper the edges don't get as crispy (yay for me) and they are way easier to get out. But I think I am going to try a new Red Velvet cupcake recipe some time this week.

• tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Getting really annoyed with my mother right now. My job is super stressful at the moment and last thing I need is stress at home.
    I work from 9am (9.30 of I'm lucky) to 4, usually without a break. Then I get an hour and a half for lunch (most of the time). After that I work from 5.30 to 10.30. At the moment because they've messed up the Rota, I'm doing 3 people's jobs, so stressed is the word.
    I'm getting annoyed because she's retired and just can't seem to keep the kitchen tidy. I make very little mess. Work days I have a protein shake for breakfast, which means if I'm late I'll simply fill it with water and leave that. Lunch is a prepackaged meal and yogurt. At the most I leave a plate with cutlery on the side. I don't usually. I normally put it in the dishwasher. Evening is a shake again. Yet the kitchen is always full of dirty pots which she'll leave until my day off and then complain loudly about how dirty the kitchen is. When I offer to help she says no and afterwards will moan at me for not helping with the mess 'I made'.
    I know she's retired and things are more effort when you get older. It would be nice if when she just uses something she'd put it back. You know?[/quote]

Has she always been like this? When you were growing up was the kitchen always like this or has it gotten worse? Just thinking with a little more info we could maybe offer some suggestions. If she's cooking for herself then maybe she's too tired to clean up, too. Sounds like you take care of your own food and eating. Is there anyone else in the house? What's the condition of the rest of the house?

You work a lot so I'm wondering if hiring someone one day a week to come in and help clean would work.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

In general, I would tend to agree but Andes chocolate mints are sooo good. Also, this gum is the bomb! It's all I chew and the flavor lasts soooo long, too.

41TFDIAdH3L.jpg

• tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Pammalla wrote: »
    Confessions time: I walked right into someone mail box when I was walking while reading this thread on my phone

Oh, careful! Walking and reading (or texting) is dangerous! I cannot even read on the treadmill. I'm a crooked walker. Watching the TV is about all I can handle.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I have 477 posts to catch up on.

But just to say: I climbed a mountain on Sunday. Felt awesome. Didn't struggle. Photos on my just giving page soon (address on profile)

Congratulations! Will be looking at pictures soon.