Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I'm going to fess up before catching up today.
    Yesterday I ate everything. :disappointed: Reeses Pieces, Cadbury's Picnic bar, Jaffa Cakes, and a cookie. I also didn't go to the gym or go for a run after work. Then I thought it would be a great idea to weigh myself this morning and I'm back up to 214lbs. So I went for a swim this morning and finished 5 minutes early. I feel really tired, and I think my 'go to' is sugar. I feel like having a nap at my desk right now and its only 9.50am. :frowning:

You can't go wrong with sweets:D. What does a Jaffa cake taste like?

Hopefully your work day will go flying by.

Ha ha Uh, I can't really describe it. I disassemble them anyway, chocolate edge first and then take the jelly off, eat the cakey bit and the orange jelly last. I don't play with my food normally but it seems to be a habit with Jaffa Cakes. Its a bit like eating the chocolate edge off a Kit-Kat first.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Pammalla wrote: »
    Confessions time: I walked right into someone mail box when I was walking while reading this thread on my phone

:D Not laughing at you, not laughing at you (ok. I am laughing at you. Sorry.) :D
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I'm going to fess up before catching up today.
    Yesterday I ate everything. :disappointed: Reeses Pieces, Cadbury's Picnic bar, Jaffa Cakes, and a cookie. I also didn't go to the gym or go for a run after work. Then I thought it would be a great idea to weigh myself this morning and I'm back up to 214lbs. So I went for a swim this morning and finished 5 minutes early. I feel really tired, and I think my 'go to' is sugar. I feel like having a nap at my desk right now and its only 9.50am. :frowning:

You can't go wrong with sweets:D. What does a Jaffa cake taste like?

Hopefully your work day will go flying by.

Ha ha Uh, I can't really describe it. I disassemble them anyway, chocolate edge first and then take the jelly off, eat the cakey bit and the orange jelly last. I don't play with my food normally but it seems to be a habit with Jaffa Cakes. Its a bit like eating the chocolate edge off a Kit-Kat first.

i eat jaffa cakes the same way!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I have 477 posts to catch up on.

But just to say: I climbed a mountain on Sunday. Felt awesome. Didn't struggle. Photos on my just giving page soon (address on profile)

You did it! AWESOME!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I confess that I am concerned with some of the judgment that is cropping up on our awesome NO JUDGMENT thread. Don't make me bake brownies again, people!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    margfish wrote: »

Funny-Diet-Pictures-Instagram.jpg

LOLOLOLOL ^^^^^
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Confession:

If I need to pass gas while I'm at work I'll walk past the men's restroom as I do it... I've smelled some interesting odors coming from within so I figure nobody will think anything of it.

This month's issue of Health reports on a study that people who join a site like this one and friend people lose more weight than people who are not involved on a site like this. I'm not near the article and I have not looked up the original study (as magazines often get some details wrong in my opinion) but for what it's worth, being here seems like a healthy thing.
    So what are you waiting for? I am very good at accepting friend requests. Friend me, lose weight, sounds like a win win. :wink: (Disclaimer, no guarantee that friending me will cause actual weight loss). :smiley:

I would say that it is very true for me. I have been more successful losing weight and working out since joining this site than with any other method. My friends that live close IRL aren't interested in losing weight and working out, but this site, this thread in particular and the people I've connected with here have inspired me! You guys are awesome! Thanks!
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options

It is awful, but it could be something that sets you up for the rest of your life as well. Weird how these things go isnt it?!

Anyway, you are super and I have hope it will work out for you tremendously.

Thankyou very much. I've always been uncertain about my future but for the first time I'm starting to feel like I have some kind of direction :)
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    riinbale wrote: »
    I have been reading this and i feel sad for you :( People, i know what it is like to count calories and binge eat and how it feels later. But going on a low carb diet made it all go away. No more longing for "something good" and no more going to five different stores to find the right kind of ice cream. I just dont want these anymore and i am happy with eating low carb food. And my health has never been better :)

I quite enjoyed this while eating my whole-wheat crust pizza and will read it again while eating my fat free Dreyers yogurt blend ice cream.

And post a loss at tomorrow's weigh in.

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I don't mind the scars on my ankle and shoulder at all. Actually, I'm kinda bummed at how much the shoulder scar has faded.

Scars ARE kind of badass!
    Agreed - scars are cool and interesting. I have to restrain myself from asking people about their scars because I know it's rude.

Scars are tattoos with better stories. We saw that tshirt a couple of weeks ago.

I have said this for years as well!

I confess that I like what Ron White says about tattoos:

"Tattoos are permanent stupidity bruises."

Lol. Yeah, I definitely have one "stupidity bruise" out of the six tattoos I have. A bit of "ragret" there. But overall, I prefer a quote that I read somewhere once: "The body is a temple, so why not decorate the walls?" ;)

Haha. Personally, I echo what LBuehrle said above - they're not for me, but I've seen tons of cool ones. No judgment here!

(1) My son had open heart surgery at 3 days and 3 years. He also had a feeding tube. He is in his teen years and looks like someone slashed him good and riddled him with bullets across the stomach while they were at it. I've always encouraged him to be proud of those scars -- they are why he lives!

(2) I LOVE my tattoos. They don't show unless I'm in a bikini (across the lower back and all the way up the left side.) I thought about them for a long time, chose my artists carefully, and I did it for me. I know some may judge me for it but its been 20 years since the first one and I have not had one second of regret. :smile: They are beautiful, they are very much fine art (the artists I chose were all good and at least one was a trained artist). They are actually four artists but look as if one person did them, all in the same style and theme and colors. There is no deep meaning to them but I really like them!

I had always wanted a tattoo and finally got one just before my 50th birthday. I got a Lily tattooed on the back of my right shoulder and I LOVE it! Bonus: my daughter is having a baby girl in late July and her name is going to be Lily!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

But just to say: I climbed a mountain on Sunday. Felt awesome. Didn't struggle. Photos on my just giving page soon (address on profile)

You did it! AWESOME!!!

Thank you :) it wasn't the mountain mountain though, just a baby, practice mountain climb - this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pen_y_Fan which actually has three peaks to it, and is where the british army do selection training.

I have 6 weeks until my proper mountain climb. EEEEEK!
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.
    Confession:

If I need to pass gas while I'm at work I'll walk past the men's restroom as I do it... I've smelled some interesting odors coming from within so I figure nobody will think anything of it.

This month's issue of Health reports on a study that people who join a site like this one and friend people lose more weight than people who are not involved on a site like this. I'm not near the article and I have not looked up the original study (as magazines often get some details wrong in my opinion) but for what it's worth, being here seems like a healthy thing.
    So what are you waiting for? I am very good at accepting friend requests. Friend me, lose weight, sounds like a win win. :wink: (Disclaimer, no guarantee that friending me will cause actual weight loss). :smiley:

I would say that it is very true for me. I have been more successful losing weight and working out since joining this site than with any other method. My friends that live close IRL aren't interested in losing weight and working out, but this site, this thread in particular and the people I've connected with here have inspired me! You guys are awesome! Thanks!

This is how I feel. No one i know IRL is that focused on getting fit and dumping the lbs, so its great to be able to come here and be inspired by others. Its also good to be able to share some shameful secrets (the binge eating mostly) and know I am not alone. It has really helped keep me on track.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I don't mind the scars on my ankle and shoulder at all. Actually, I'm kinda bummed at how much the shoulder scar has faded.

Scars ARE kind of badass!
    Agreed - scars are cool and interesting. I have to restrain myself from asking people about their scars because I know it's rude.

Scars are tattoos with better stories. We saw that tshirt a couple of weeks ago.

I have said this for years as well!

I confess that I like what Ron White says about tattoos:

"Tattoos are permanent stupidity bruises."
    I wouldn't mind one, but I think I'd end up like this:
    yxvpn76rjkjh.gif

Oh dear god I agree! I was a corrections officer for three years and I saw all kinds of hideous, horrible tattoos! I've thought about it but they're just not my thing I think after a year or so I'd get bored with whatever it was and want it off of me! This is not to say that I dislike them I think some people have really neat and amazing tattoos!

Ps I was watching Tattoo Nightmares at the gym today! Love that show!

I have a very small and tasteful tattoo of my daughter's name in a really pretty script on the inside of my right wrist. I LOVE it! It hurt like hell, but I'd do it again. I want more, but I'm terrified of needles, so I don't know if it will happen or not.

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear this. Parenting is such a tough job. I hope the walk helped.

Parenting is so hard, I am taking every effort to never have to do it. :smiley:

And think about it, parenting with TWO parents is hard... and single parents...woah. AND if everyone is working?! :astonished:

Everyone else can go ahead and make successful and wonderful humans. I do not feel strong enough to partake in that endeavor. :wink:

ETA: I am serious about everything in this post. I see parenting as very difficult. It takes skills and abilities that I am pretty sure I do not possess.

That is all right. I joke I had five to cover for a few women that didn't want to have the 1.3 children. I got you covered ;)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

We ALL feel like that sometimes. I have cried several times about parenting decisions I've made. Just do the best you can and your kids will be fine. Hugs.

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have a couple confessions. 1 good and 1 not so much.

1. I got way too excited when I measured out exactly 28 grams of pretzel things jut by grabbing a handful out of the bag this morning.
    2. I am contemplating trying a wrap because my best friend just signed up to be a distributor and she can get a box for free if I sign up as a loyal customer. I want a flat stomach for my Florida vacation. :/

#1 - Awesome!
    #2 - I think, as long as you are doing it for short term and know it's not the final answer to weight loss, it's fine.

I tend to agree with Quik on #2. You know it's purely for vanity, and that you can't do it forever, so what's the harm?
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    margfish wrote: »

Pretty funny!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    • I have three tattoos including a beautiful black and white portrait of my daughter at 6 on my right upper arm. I waited until I was 35 to get the first and would have more if they didn't cost so much!
    • This is an older thread, but has some pretty funny memes: Share Your Fitness Memes
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

That's awesome!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I confess: I LOVE my tattoo. I waited until I was 39 to get one, trying to find just the right thing. It doesn't mean anything; it's just beautiful.

e6c53c3f-525b-4620-8ebe-8c7be8d5d25d_zpseqwgcau8.jpg
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    ^^^ oohhh I love that!

I have 7 tattoos but my favorite two are the tiny foot print of each of my sons from the day they were born on my top back right shoulder.