Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I live in Washington, and even though it's legal now, I still feel weird about smoking weed. (or eating it). I haven't done it yet, although I think it could really help my anxiety/sleep issues. Those D.A.R.E. guys got me good! :D

Yeah those D.A.R.E. folks had a lot of lies going for a long time.

Consider trying a high CBD/low THC product for something that doesn't really get you high but has other benefits. I know a couple of folks who are having great success managing anxiety with that as their only 'medication'. I find it a very effective solution for insomnia.

The retail shops have very friendly and knowledgeable staff. And you can walk into any of the medical shops and ask questions as well. A couple of years down the road it won't be weird at all!

(edited because fat fingers)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Wow, I'm finally caught up.!

Confession: I am too tired and too lazy to work out today.

Confession: I told a hard boiled egg "F--- you" and threw it in the garbage because it would not peel.

Sorry, this made me laugh. I get unnecessarily angry at things when they won't work.

Me too. I swore at a container of ricotta today. Every single one of them... if you try to peel the top plastic layer by pulling on the tab on the side, it just breaks, instead of lifting the plastic as it's supposed to. Every single ******* time. You need a knife to open the thing. Ridiculous.

Or what about when there is pressure and the tiniest opening makes it SPLURT out uncontrollably? Generally on whatever I'm wearing or the most difficult corner of the kitchen to clean.

I am pretty much incapable of opening those 107 ml fruit cups without spilling the liquid they're packed in. I am surprised they send those things to schools in kids' lunches, must make a helluva mess. Unless the average fourth grader has much better fruit cup skillz than I.

I have to pull just a small piece of the plastic back and drink half the juice and even then, I still sometimes spill it all over the desk or table. I always hated juice boxes and Capri Sun for that very same reason. You poke the stupid little straw in the hole and if you apply ANY sort of pressure, your drink would overflow like a freakin' volcano erupting.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Not to ruin the vibe or anything, but my husband texted me a little while ago and told me my step-daughter had a miscarriage. I am really sad for her and especially sad for my husband. He was so looking forward to becoming a grandpa. I am a little sad too as I had just started warming up to the idea of being MoNana or GrandMo. :(

I'm so sorry. How awful for her, and your family.

Thank you.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    @MoHousdon , I am very sorry. :(

Thank you.

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I'm currently laughing at my coworker who is dying laughing at those Autocorrect fails, like she's crying laughing and repeating my tummy hurts make it stop.

Your co-worker is like me then. I end up completely hysterical. You know where your face is bright red, you're not making any noises anymore and you're clapping like a seal, whilst boneless and trying not to slide out of your chair. I have to get up and leave my computer because I am seriously worried I will not be able to stop laughing. I don't even know why they strike me as that funny either!

While I could have never come up with such a descriptive response, yes, I am the same way. For some reason those autocorrect things just kill me every time.
    Me too. I don't even care if they're fake. They just make me laugh. Same with the people who hang 'shame' cards around their dogs necks and take pictures of them. No idea what they're called.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    I live in Washington, and even though it's legal now, I still feel weird about smoking weed. (or eating it). I haven't done it yet, although I think it could really help my anxiety/sleep issues. Those D.A.R.E. guys got me good! :D

Yeah those D.A.R.E. folks had a lot of lies going for a long time.

Consider trying a high CBD/low THC product for something that doesn't really get you high but has other benefits. I know a couple of folks who are having great success managing anxiety with that as their only 'medication'. I find it a very effective solution for insomnia.

The retail shops have very friendly and knowledgeable staff. And you can walk into any of the medical shops and ask questions as well. A couple of years down the road it won't be weird at all!

(edited because fat fingers)

Oh, thanks for the info. I am starting to feel a little more open to it lately, I will keep this in mind. The black box warnings on the anxiety meds a doctor prescribed me a few years ago made me more anxious, and then I was afraid to take them. Not helpful.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Wow, I'm finally caught up.!

Confession: I am too tired and too lazy to work out today.

Confession: I told a hard boiled egg "F--- you" and threw it in the garbage because it would not peel.

Sorry, this made me laugh. I get unnecessarily angry at things when they won't work.

Me too. I swore at a container of ricotta today. Every single one of them... if you try to peel the top plastic layer by pulling on the tab on the side, it just breaks, instead of lifting the plastic as it's supposed to. Every single ******* time. You need a knife to open the thing. Ridiculous.

Or what about when there is pressure and the tiniest opening makes it SPLURT out uncontrollably? Generally on whatever I'm wearing or the most difficult corner of the kitchen to clean.

I am pretty much incapable of opening those 107 ml fruit cups without spilling the liquid they're packed in. I am surprised they send those things to schools in kids' lunches, must make a helluva mess. Unless the average fourth grader has much better fruit cup skillz than I.

I have to pull just a small piece of the plastic back and drink half the juice and even then, I still sometimes spill it all over the desk or table. I always hated juice boxes and Capri Sun for that very same reason. You poke the stupid little straw in the hole and if you apply ANY sort of pressure, your drink would overflow like a freakin' volcano erupting.
    Yep - the slurp move it the only way to not end up wearing the juice!
    When my kids were little we had small plastic boxes with handles that the juice box sat in so you didn't have to constantly shriek "DON'T SQUEEZE!!"
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Hey, are we on page 420 on 04/20???

...and at precisely 4:20pm, something amazing *must* happen...

...even if that means that we'll all need to consume 420 calories of at least one of our favorite foods at that specific moment in time...!

...and even if *that* means that people need to consume partial Peeps, candy bar fragments, cake crumbs, broken M&Ms, unscraped 'wisps' of Talenti (as it futilely 'clings' to the walls of its clear plastic 'viewing rotunda' ;) ), leftover pizza 'debris', or just over 2 molecules of peanut butter (sorry! ;) )...

...stake out your 420-calorie 'claims', people! :)

Not shooting down your idea, but I believe I will go to the opposite spectrum on this one: at 4:20 PM here today I'll be at the gym, so I will try to counter your ingested calories by burning 420 calories. Deal?

*high five*

Challenge Accepted! 7 minute warmup & 33 minute Spartacus Total Body Blitz is 421 calories...so I'll stop 20 seconds early

• MoHousdon
    Options

Hahaha. It's not legal in Kansas, but even if it does become so, I don't think I'll try it. I didn't in high school when other girls were smoking it in the locker room, so I don't think I would now. I'm pretty square and I'm perfectly fine with that. o:)

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Not to ruin the vibe or anything, but my husband texted me a little while ago and told me my step-daughter had a miscarriage. I am really sad for her and especially sad for my husband. He was so looking forward to becoming a grandpa. I am a little sad too as I had just started warming up to the idea of being MoNana or GrandMo. :(

Hug!
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Mysticlizard I love you avatar!!!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Hug!

Thanks! I'm loving all these virtual hugs today.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Hahaha. It's not legal in Kansas, but even if it does become so, I don't think I'll try it. I didn't in high school when other girls were smoking it in the locker room, so I don't think I would now. I'm pretty square and I'm perfectly fine with that. o:)

I have never smoked weed. I've had friends around me that have or do, but it's never appealed to me. I'm not against having it legalized here, but I do hate the smell and wouldn't want to be around it.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options

Oh, no! Hugs to you, MoNana and the whole fam!!!

@quiksylver296 thank you for the virtual hugs. They're appreciated and needed. It's so crazy how someone you haven't even met yet and have only know about for a very short amount of time, can affect you so deeply. I want to hug my step-daughter and tell her how sorry I am. She's such a sweet, sweet girl. I hope things work out in the baby department for her later. Hopefully, much, much later.

Things will work out later. I've had 2 miscarrages and they're devestating. Especially if it's a baby you've been trying really hard for. However, I now have a healthy 4.5 yr old and 1.5 yr old. I just tell myself everything happen for a reason and you work through it one day at a time.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    JordanAron wrote: »
    I often feel sick when I look at small holes or clustered objects. English Tea Muffins terrified me as a child and I still don't like to eat aerated chocolate.

Me too. Trypophobia. Don't look it up if you don't like holes. :) gives me the willies.

Apparently that's a phobia of mine. I knew things like that bothered me, but I didn't know there was a name. My fear isn't as severe, food like that doesn't bother me, but I looked at some of the pictures and now I feel nauseous and it made my skin crawl.
  • trepaniergabie
    trepaniergabie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I used to always do that when I training hard for Cross country skiing...it didn't matter then but I had to stop when I realized Cross country skiing is what allowed me to eat hot chocolate powder by the spoonful...it is SOOO good though,....!
  • trepaniergabie
    trepaniergabie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If I look back on my fitness pall....I restart counting calories at this time of year every year...and stop at around july....flip flop flip flop....every year it is about a 15 pound effort, but this year I really let myself go and its 25...! ugh...the flip flop is terrible I know, but I just don't know how to stay consistent! Its really hard.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Ever since I started losing weight, I constantly think about food and when I can eat next. Hopefully, when I'm maintenance and have more calories to play with, it won't be as bad.

I hate being so short. If I were a couple of inches taller or 5'3" like my sister, my current weight would be fine. I wish I didn't carry so much weight in my stomach. I didn't do this to become stick thin (I am not losing 10 more pounds for vanity's sake, it would take forever), but I still look fat. Granted, 125 is barely within a healthy BMI for me. Blah.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Anyone see the thread titled: "Loosing the College Weight Without Missing out on the Fun"?

Gah. The grammar nazi in me had "Maybe concentrate more on the 'College' part instead of the 'Fun' part?" all typed up in the reply box...but I stopped myself.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    jlnoble513 wrote: »
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Ben and jerrys and cold stone creameries don't have a lactose free version of ice cream in my area.

Would you be willing to try any other brands? -- There are several lactose-free brands of ice cream, and not all of them are made from dairy -- various non-dairy ice creams include ice creams made from coconut 'milk', rice 'milk', and soy 'milk'...

An article online that included comments from someone who was lactose-intolerant, indicated that his first choice (from among non-dairy ice creams made from coconut milk, soy milk, and rice milk) was the coconut milk brands. He indicated that it would be his recommendation, assuming folks were "not averse to the ever-present hint of coconut flavor".

There are so many options! --

https://www.pinterest.com/Gramstein/non-dairy-ice-cream-sorbets/

Milk always made me sickly as a kid so I just stopped drinking it.

...your body most definitely has an aversion to a milk-related 'something'... and likely the lactose...

But it's odd, I can eat all the cheese and yogurt in the world. No problems.

Nope, not odd... the amount of lactose is lower, due to the associated fermentation...

The following is an article that explains this matter pretty well --

http://www.chow.com/food-news/53922/why-can-lactose-intolerant-people-eat-some-cheeses-and-not-others/

With a pivotal excerpt being --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    As the chief sugar in milk, lactose is the main food source for the various species of Lactobacillus used in making most kinds of cheese. These bacteria, which are also responsible for sourdough bread, yogurt, kimchee, and dozens of other fermented foods, turn lactose into lactic acid, which is easily digested by humans, even those who are lactose intolerant. The longer a cheese ages, the more of its lactose is consumed by the bacteria. “In theory,” [...] “most of the lactose is gone after three months of aging.”
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~