Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LorraineZinn
    LorraineZinn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Confession 1: I have lived in coastal Florida for three years now, and I still have not stepped a single toe on the beach.

Confession 2: I'm eating Talenti salted caramel peanut gelato while I'm writing this.
  • cnoonannurse
    cnoonannurse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Confession: I eat sunflower seeds like a maniacal chipmunk...and I NEVER log the calories!
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Confession 1: I have lived in coastal Florida for three years now, and I still have not stepped a single toe on the beach.

Confession 2: I'm eating Talenti salted caramel peanut gelato while I'm writing this.

I just finished a serving for Talenti Coconut Chocolate Chip!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Sigh. I thought we were doing so well since we have half a dozen flavours of Russell Stover eggs here... and now I find out there are more and better varieties in other parts of the world.

Please, nobody tell me there is a pumpkin Russell Stover egg (although that would be a weird juxtaposition of Easter and Thanksgiving) or I'll be on Amazon hunting the damned things down. :o
    I was able to find this. I don't believe there's a pumpkin egg for Easter.

And red velvet too!

I've never seen either of those here.

Russell Stover also has these amazing S'More bars that come out around Summertime.

th?id=JN.o13pFgqmiHiYiynDkZFasg&pid=15.1&P=0

I bought one of these on Sunday when it was kind of hot here. It got all melty so when I ate it, it was amazing! I love Russell Stover stuff so much, especially all of the different kinds of egg flavors they do around Easter. I think I tried them all and can't wait for the next holiday! Also fantastic (if you're a caramel fan) are the Caramel Apple Big Bites either garnished with chocolate drizzle or chopped peanuts. I must've eaten about 20 of them this past autumn :)

I just discovered these last week, YUM
  • msalbd
    msalbd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hid a pint of Ben & Jerry's Hazed & Confused by putting it an empty bag of frozen vegetables. My kids...husband...looked right past it as I secretly worked on it. Took me about four days to polish it off and I couldn't decide what was more satisfying. The ice cream itself Or having ice cream JUST FOR ME safely, closely, stored in my freezer and no one pestering me to let them have some! Issues, hu? Layed out for you there, clear as can be!
  • snowdevilgirl
    snowdevilgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I am way behind on this thread.
    Me too..
    thank you for being beubg one of the people who care. The world needs more who do.
    Best wishes for a tough job.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I think I have found the one type of pain that does not make me want to eat eat eat. (Probably comfort eating, but I digress.)

My back hurts? My period cramps hurt? My everything hurts? Gimme all the food.

Migraine? Leave me on the couch to die.
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Confession: I eat sunflower seeds like a maniacal chipmunk...

I'm like this, once I start I just can not put it away!
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for kind words about our rabbit. Like someone said recently you are a lovely bunch of people here, so supportive and I feel like I have known some of you for a long time,just reading your posts!
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Wow, I so admire you for stepping up to parent a child you never asked for. You clearly love him and have sacrificed so much for him. I have 4 kids under 10 ( soon to have number 5) but having them was my own choice and I have to deal with it, no matter how hard it can be (and some days I just want to lock myself in the bathroom with a bottle of vodka). I agree that no woman should feel pressured to have children if she doesn't want to. Just because you're born with a womb doesn't mean you're obligated to use it.

I cannot agree more with that statement. I am 29 years old and am sick and tired of hearing from doctors, friends, and my in-laws that I will change my mind about kids. I haven't wanted kids since I was 16 and my brother had his first daughter. I was basically raising the baby while he and his woman slept and partied until I moved out at 18. In fact one of my mandatory things on my dating profile when I met my husband. We still do not want children, five years later. We enjoy the freedom of not having children, both traveling and financially. My family has multiple hereditary issues that I don't want to pass onto an unsuspecting child, not to mention that I have horribly painful cysts when I do ovulate. However, every time I broach the subject of getting an ovariectomy to remove my right ovary (severe scarring from multiple cysts makes any ovulation on that side extremely painful) and my left tube tied the doctors repeatedly tell me I am too young to make that decision. So let me get this straight...at 18 I can vote, join the US military, marry, and have children, which are all decisions that affect me the rest of my life. But at almost 30 I am too young to decide on something so important as NOT wanting children?

However, members of his family have found out they cannot have children of their own. While this saddens me, because they truly want kids, I am tired of everyone on his side of the family getting on our case because we are potentially able to have children but are not willing too. The last time this came up they actually suggested that I donate eggs to them (since that is the only reason they cannon have kids).

*Sorry to vent my spleen on this but it truly does annoy me.

Edited to fix grammar and quotes.
  • clover157
    clover157 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to reply to the many posts I want to reply to, but just wanted to say this is probably the nicest thread on the internet! Amazingly low on drama for such a long one, and full of kind, encouraging and funny people :)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    msalbd wrote: »
    I hid a pint of Ben & Jerry's Hazed & Confused by putting it an empty bag of frozen vegetables. My kids...husband...looked right past it as I secretly worked on it. Took me about four days to polish it off and I couldn't decide what was more satisfying. The ice cream itself Or having ice cream JUST FOR ME safely, closely, stored in my freezer and no one pestering me to let them have some! Issues, hu? Layed out for you there, clear as can be!

I think this is hysterical and applaud your ingenuity!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Wow, I so admire you for stepping up to parent a child you never asked for. You clearly love him and have sacrificed so much for him. I have 4 kids under 10 ( soon to have number 5) but having them was my own choice and I have to deal with it, no matter how hard it can be (and some days I just want to lock myself in the bathroom with a bottle of vodka). I agree that no woman should feel pressured to have children if she doesn't want to. Just because you're born with a womb doesn't mean you're obligated to use it.

I cannot agree more with that statement. I am 29 years old and am sick and tired of hearing from doctors, friends, and my in-laws that I will change my mind about kids. I haven't wanted kids since I was 16 and my brother had his first daughter. I was basically raising the baby while he and his woman slept and partied until I moved out at 18. In fact one of my mandatory things on my dating profile when I met my husband. We still do not want children, five years later. We enjoy the freedom of not having children, both traveling and financially. My family has multiple hereditary issues that I don't want to pass onto an unsuspecting child, not to mention that I have horribly painful cysts when I do ovulate. However, every time I broach the subject of getting an ovariectomy to remove my right ovary (severe scarring from multiple cysts makes any ovulation on that side extremely painful) and my left tube tied the doctors repeatedly tell me I am too young to make that decision. So let me get this straight...at 18 I can vote, join the US military, marry, and have children, which are all decisions that affect me the rest of my life. But at almost 30 I am too young to decide on something so important as NOT wanting children?

However, members of his family have found out they cannot have children of their own. While this saddens me, because they truly want kids, I am tired of everyone on his side of the family getting on our case because we are potentially able to have children but are not willing too. The last time this came up they actually suggested that I donate eggs to them (since that is the only reason they cannon have kids).

I can't believe your family asked you to do this and I would find some new doctors. This is all your decision all the way. Especially at 30. I think you would know by now if you wanted to change your mind!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Caught up!

I'm not too worried about this parenting thing. I'm worried about the nitty, grittiness of sleep deprivation and exhaustion that comes with the early days, but beyond ensuring the kid's physical well-being, I feel like the actual 'parenting' part will be okay. I'm a decent person. My husband is a decent person. My parents were decent people and my siblings and I turned out fine. Not a lot of drama, not a lot of scares and we all put up with one another to varying degrees. Sure I expect there will be arguments and frustrations and bumps in the road, but I'm not aiming for perfection as I think that probably doesn't exist.

Am I being too blasé about the whole thing?!

No. Babies, while in the womb feed off of a mother's stress or lack thereof. The more relaxed you are, the better for the baby.

After they are born, they still feed off of the stress level of the people they are around the most. IME, relaxed, easy-going parents seem happier. Still balancing out discipline, of course. But not getting worked up over every little thing, losing your temper, etc. will benefit both you and your baby. During your pregnancy, don't let all the horror stories of others change your attitude you posted above!

Thank you for that, very helpful advice! I'm probably not going to be online for the next 4 days so who knows if I will ever catch back up.
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

I can't believe your family asked you to do this and I would find some new doctors. This is all your decision all the way. Especially at 30. I think you would know by now if you wanted to change your mind!

LOL I am active duty military for the US. Ergo, they get slightly more say on my body then I would like. Luckily 30 is the magic age, so I can start fighting in December (but I'm getting a three year birth control in July just incase). As far as the family members go, I just avoid them as much as possible and every time they bring it up tell them in a very flat voice that my eggs are not for donation.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options

Argh That's the kind of thing I do disagree with. Leave my organs alone! I have a perfectly good liver, that doesn't mean I'm going to drink myself stupid, just because I can. I also have a very good pair of kidneys, stop shoving tea-toxes and cleansers in my face. Bargh!

Rant over. Apologies :#
  • Oberon21
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I skipped the first 637 pages...

Confession: I don't eat nearly the calories MFP says I should.

Not acceptable! ;)

You have to at least find a random post from somewhere in the middle to quote. LOL

The funniest stuff is in the beginning. I would go back and read at least the first few hundred pages. You won't regret it.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MPF is eating half my posts???
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MPF is eating half my posts???

forum's on its summer cut
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    It is taking everything in me to hold myself together.. Next Friday will be the one year anniversary of my Mom's death. Somehow it still hasn't hit me as being real...like, I know she's gone, but something in me just will not accept it. I don't know how to move on. It doesn't help that 15 days after losing her, my 15 year old dog(my first "child") died. The past year has just been a giant roller coaster. I have never been an angry person and have never turned to food for comfort until all of this. I have thought so many times about going to speak to someone...but I just can't bring myself to do it.
    I have been lurking this thread from day one..keeping up every day... and I am overwhelmed by all the support you show each other and the friendships that have formed. I feel like I've gotten to know you all through all of your confessions/comments/advice/jokes...and I can relate to so many of you. I guess I felt I could let it all out here.

Sigh...

I am so sorry. I lost my dad when I was 21 and still miss him every day. I am terrified of losing my mom. She is in great health but she is 82. My thoughts are with you! And I am sorry about your dog.